Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? (19793 Views)

If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order / Are We Truly Safe, When We Commit Sin With Condoms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 03, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I can be of service with this. Even when you sugar coat it and/or try to remove the sting out of the word, what does the word nigger, mean and means to you? Well think of the word Christian too in that light and circumstances.

Delusion(s) is the reason

The meaning of born again means born from above. One is born again, if like Nicodemus, one recognises Jesus Christ for whom He is and if one acknowledges the power of God in addition to admitting the demonstration and/or display of the power of God

The fundamental attributes have already being mentioned above. Born again will spend eternity in the kingdom of heaven

I marvel you are a Christian, cos if you properly read the Bible, you won't yourself call yourself a Christian. Neither of the disciples nor the apostles called themselves Christians, it was the mischievous people of Antioch, known for giving people nicknames, that first called the believers that word

Do you remember or recall the exact conversation that transpired between the serpent and Eve? Man, became gods, knowing good and bad, the moment after eating of the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil

You need only one Teacher that will guide you into all truths and tell you things nwanne.
This is where we'll both say goodbye because you feel you already know the answers to those questions and i need not worry myself over it!
You can now quantify me and my teachers with anything that comes to your mind,but let me assure you that you and i aren't worshiping the same God!
Farewell! smiley
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 2:06pm On Apr 03, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
It is only a certified and bonafide fool that calls other people fools

It is only a wise man that recognizes fools. Fools don't know they are fools, just as you don't know. grin
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2019
Maximus69:
That is where we'll both say goodbye because you feel you already know the answers to those questions and i need not worry myself over it!
You can now quantify me and my teachers with anything that comes to your mind,but let me assure you that you and i aren't worshiping the same God!
Farewell! smiley

This one is already tired of arguing

Confused fellows

grin
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 03, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

This one is already tired of arguing

Confused fellows

grin

Philippians 2:14
Colossians 2:4
1Timothy 6:4
Titus 3:9 wink
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by MuttleyLaff: 2:33pm On Apr 03, 2019
Maximus69:
This is where we'll both say goodbye because you feel you already know the answers to those questions and i need not worry myself over it!
Farewell! smiley
Amen

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by MuttleyLaff: 2:37pm On Apr 03, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
It is only a wise man that recognizes fools. Fools don't know they are fools, just as you don't know. grin
I said it is only a certified and bonafide fool that calls other people fools, I never made mention of recognitions.

2 Likes

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by BlueAngel444: 3:07pm On Apr 03, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Don't just talk, point them out and I will show you if they've been changed or still stand.

Only idiots speak without proof and expect sensible people to swallow their words.

You couldn't even tackle anything in the whole OP cos it's too hot for you.

you do not have the Holy Spirit.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 03, 2019
Maximus69:
Farewell! smiley
Good day Maximus, i'm using this medium to say " You are welcome to the club of argumentators!" grin grin grin
After noticing the wisdom in your comments he called you "a god"!. Act 14:12 embarassed embarassed embarassed
He even cited the event at Genesis where Satan promised Eve that they will become like God, yet he couldn't notice that he is now acting in place of Satan who wanted humans to become arrogant and see themselves as know~all! Genesis 3:5
Now that you're trying to direct him to where he also could receive what you have RECEIVED, he finds it hard to agree! 1Corinthians 4:7
Instead of listening to learn he now feels like spewing the gibberish his pastors taught him that has rendered him unwise rather than become like you!
Well you reminded me of the admonition from Jesus' brothers and i have decided to remain obedient to the Governing Body of God's chosen people! wink wink wink
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 3:21pm On Apr 03, 2019
BlueAngel444:

proof it
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by BlueAngel444: 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

proof it
I don't need to.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 3:30pm On Apr 03, 2019
BlueAngel444:

I don't need to.
... because you can't.
You can only make false claims.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2019
TATIME:
Good day Maximus, i'm using this medium to say " You are welcome to the club of argumentators!" grin grin grin
After noticing the wisdom in your comments he called you "a god"!. Act 14:12 embarassed embarassed embarassed
He even cited the event at Genesis where Satan promised Eve that they will become like God, yet he couldn't notice that he is now acting in place of Satan who wanted humans to become arrogant and see themselves as know~all! Genesis 3:5
Now that you're trying to direct him to where he also could receive what you have RECEIVED, he finds it hard to agree! 1Corinthians 4:7
Instead of listening to learn he now feels like spewing the gibberish his pastors taught him that has rendered him unwise rather than become like you!
Well you reminded me of the admonition from Jesus' brothers and i have decided to remain obedient to the Governing Body of God's chosen people! wink wink wink

Instead of this one to depend on the Holy Spirit whom Jesus said will teach us all things, he's depending on the Governing Body of Jehovah's False Witnesses who are mere men like him.

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by BlueAngel444: 3:38pm On Apr 03, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

... because you can't.
Just like the eyes can sense light because it was designed that way.
You lack and need the HolySpirit.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by MuttleyLaff: 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2019
TATIME:
TATIME, my customer mi daada ni odale, loosely translated means "my regular customer indeed thats backstabbing treacherous", I like how you showed yourself to be a yellow bellied, thank you very much

TATIME:
"Jesus answered,
"It is written in your own Law that God said, 'You are gods.'
"
- John 10:34

"You sire, are a god to make this beautiful and profound emboldened statements"
- by MuttleyLaff: 8:22am on 03 Apr

" Also if you know right from wrong, you then also are a god."
- by MuttleyLaff: 9:04am on 03 Apr

"Do you remember or recall the exact conversation that transpired between the serpent and Eve? Man, became gods, knowing good and bad, the moment after eating of the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil"
- by MuttleyLaff: 11:41am on 03 Apr

I didnt realise the so called "wisdom" was just a flash in the pan, that he actually is a a small firework that burns with a hissing sound before exploding and that my patting him on the back gesture, will make his head swell. My compliment seemed to have made him think he is more intelligent and more knowledgeable than he really is and portrays to be.

TATIME, maybe you dont know that with Act 14:12, calling Barnabas to be the Greek god Zeus, and Paul to be Hermes a Greek god associated with speed and good luck, who served as a messenger to Zeus and the other gods, is completely different to believers being called gods, same way and manner as the word of God, Jesus and the bible does, as you can see from John 10:34 above.

TATIME:
Wake up to reality TATIME and stop jonzing, man became god, moment after eating fruit.
1/ TATIME, did man, know or not know good and evil after eating the fruit? Answer now
2/ TATIME, what to your humble understanding is knowing good and evil all about? Kindly, say it with one word please. Thank you

TATIME:
Now that you're trying to direct him to where he also could receive what you have RECEIVED, he finds it hard to agree! 1 Corinthians 4:7
Both you TATIME and your partner in crime Maximus69 are not able to understand things like this because you are out of your element. I already know you two, both are out of your element(s), so please accept my empathy because I realy do sympathetically understand your shortcoming and lack of depth

Do you always do strawminning like this, huh? Are you in a regular habit of proof texting? Like you just did with 1 Corinthians 4:7 above huh?
Read about your friend Maximus69 boasting below at 9:39am on 03 Apr about his teachers and his so called "wisdom"

TATIME:
"Why not meet my teachers first to know how this divine wisdom is been imparted into the hearts of men like me? undecided"
- by Maximus69 9:39am on 03 Apr

"You need only one Teacher that will guide you into all truths and tell you things nwanne."

The less, people like you TATIME and Maximus69 know of a subject matter, the more stubbornly you think you know it. You too have both squandered an unexpected learning opportunity. What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by MuttleyLaff: 8:11pm On Apr 03, 2019
BlueAngel444:

alBHAGDADI:
proof it

BlueAngel444:
I don't need to.

alBHAGDADI:
... because you can't.

BlueAngel444:
Just like the eyes can sense light because it was designed that way.
You lack and need the HolySpirit.
alBHAGDADI does have the Holy Spirit, the problem alBHAGDADI has always have BlueAngel444, is that it's over size for him.

BlueAngel444 have you ever tried moving and walking about in an oversized shirt, trousers, suit and shoes before? Yup, if you had, you're right, it turned out to be an ungraceful and/or graceless experience, with you making blundering movements upandan all over the place.

This is exactly the matter with the Holy Spirit BlueAngel444, because people are not buff out to fit and fill in, to the Holy Spirit, they end up being graceless and ungraceful, hence the false positive and/or appearance of having not the Holy Spirit, but it is there, only badly fitted because of being oversize

TATIME:

alBHAGDADI:
Instead of this one to depend on the Holy Spirit whom Jesus said will teach us all things, he's depending on the Governing Body of Jehovah's False Witnesses who are mere men like him.
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name,
He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.
"
- John 14:26

"... For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God's deep secrets."
- 1 Corinthians 2:10b

Abeggy leave them two, TATIME and Maximus69 in their lanes. This is the type of things with people like them, we have to deal with nwanne.

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Preetti(f): 9:22pm On Apr 03, 2019
Dhumancanvas:

Wow. Wawuu!! You call these sensible laws? The old testament is detailing laws on slave ownership. How to own a slave, how to beat a slave and you call it sensible?

So you thinking slavery is right?
People should own people as slaves abi?
It's okay to buy and sell children as servants?
It's all morally correct?
I wonder

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by achorladey: 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
TATIME, my customer mi daada ni odale, loosely translated means "my regular customer indeed thats backstabbing treacherous", I like how you showed yourself to be a yellow bellied, thank you very much

"Jesus answered,
"It is written in your own Law that God said, 'You are gods.'
"
- John 10:34

"You sire, are a god to make this beautiful and profound emboldened statements"
- by MuttleyLaff: 8:22am on 03 Apr

" Also if you know right from wrong, you then also are a god."
- by MuttleyLaff: 9:04am on 03 Apr

"Do you remember or recall the exact conversation that transpired between the serpent and Eve? Man, became gods, knowing good and bad, the moment after eating of the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil"

I didnt realise the so called "wisdom" was just a flash in the pan, that he actually is a a small firework that burns with a hissing sound before exploding and that my patting him on the back gesture, will make his head swell. My compliment seemed to have made him think he is more intelligent and more knowledgeable than he really is and portrays to be.

TATIME, maybe you dont know that with Act 14:12, calling Barnabas to be the Greek god Zeus, and Paul to be Hermes a Greek god associated with speed and good luck, who served as a messenger to Zeus and the other gods, is completely different to believers being called gods, same way and manner as the word of God, Jesus and the bible does, as you can see from John 10:34 above.

Wake up to reality TATIME and stop jonzing, man became god, moment after eating fruit.
1/ TATIME, did man, know or not know good and evil after eating the fruit? Answer now
2/ TATIME, what to your humble understanding is knowing good and evil all about? Kindly, say it with one word please. Thank you

Both you TATIME and your partner in crime Maximus69 are not able to understand things like this because you are out of your element. I already know you two, both are out of your element(s), so please accept my empathy because I realy do sympathetically understand your shortcoming and lack of depth

Do you always do strawminning like this, huh? Are you in a regular habit of proof texting? Like you just did with 1 Corinthians 4:7 above huh?
Read about your friend Maximus69 boasting below at 9:39am on 03 Apr about his teachers and his so called "wisdom"

"Why not meet my teachers first to know how this divine wisdom is been imparted into the hearts of men like me? undecided"
- by Maximus69 9:39am on 03 Apr

"You need only one Teacher that will guide you into all truths and tell you things nwanne."

The less, people like you TATIME and Maximus69 know of a subject matter, the more stubbornly you think you know it. You too have both squandered an unexpected learning opportunity. What a shame.

@ Muttleylaff this post of yours highlighted above is serious and somehow funny to me.

I really hope the DUO will follow through on the advice of yours. At least I did learn one or two things on one of your conversation on this platform based on a thread termed On what Basis is a woman made a Pastor, despite not being a contributor on that thread I really got an insight on the use of the word "SHEPHERD" as it relates to NOUN/VERB USAGE in the SCRIPTURES. I know you will remember that thread very well.

One funny aspect of that thread is in the course of that conversation you said earlier on that the person you are having that conversation with will eventually make use of the "BUT" and LEGALISM. It happened the way you predicted, the last statement of that person was indeed scattered with "BUT". LEGALISM holds way at the end of the discussion instead of deciphering the SPIRIT behind the law.

INDEED The less, people know of a subject matter, the more stubbornly THEY THINK THEY know it. You were accused by one as MR KNOW ALL why the same individual is EQUALLY directing you to the MR KNOW ALL of HIS denomination. If there is any reason to boast, we should all BOAST in the Lord who is the SPIRIT.

I hope to get to understand the statement of yours relating to we are BETTER of BEING BORN AGAIN than BEING CALLED a Christian. It's not something too difficult to comprehend coming from your explanation so far. The only aspect is the DIVINE PROVIDENCE attached to the name CHRISTIAN in some bible translations. I have equally checked some translation that do not include the DIVINE PROVIDENCE in theirs.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by MuttleyLaff: 12:35am On Apr 04, 2019
achorladey:

@ Muttleylaff this post of yours highlighted above is serious and somehow funny to me.

I really hope the DUO will follow through on the advice of yours. At least I did learn one or two things on one of your conversation on this platform based on a thread termed On what Basis is a woman made a Pastor, despite not being a contributor on that thread I really got an insight on the use of the word "SHEPHERD" as it relates to NOUN/VERB USAGE in the SCRIPTURES. I know you will remember that thread very well.

One funny aspect of that thread is in the course of that conversation you said earlier on that the person you are having that conversation with will eventually make use of the "BUT" and LEGALISM. It happened the way you predicted, the last statement of that person was indeed scattered with "BUT". LEGALISM holds way at the end of the discussion instead of deciphering the SPIRIT behind the law.

INDEED The less, people know of a subject matter, the more stubbornly THEY THINK THEY know it. You were accused by one as MR KNOW ALL why the same individual is EQUALLY directing you to the MR KNOW ALL of HIS denomination. If there is any reason to boast, we should all BOAST in the Lord who is the SPIRIT.

I hope to get to understand the statement of yours relating to we are BETTER of BEING BORN AGAIN than BEING CALLED a Christian. It's not something too difficult to comprehend coming from your explanation so far. The only aspect is the DIVINE PROVIDENCE attached to the name CHRISTIAN in some bible translations. I have equally checked some translation that do not include the DIVINE PROVIDENCE in theirs.
achorladey, unlike others and most, thank you for your kind words, your sympathetic awareness and your ability to understand things.

achorladey, please pardon my ignorance, but I am not familiar with any "DIVINE PROVIDENCE attached to the name CHRISTIAN in some bible translations", would you be kind to show what and where this is?

achorladey, to be honest with you, this table with lots of christian people standing on it, will have casualties, if shaken, left to me I rather do it on an ultrasonic level, afterall, local colloquial says, "Ti a ba bu ounjẹ, sinu epo ẹpa, ẹni ma jẹ yo, a yo" losely translated means "When food is served in groundnut pods, diners who will eat, enjoy the meal and get their fill and be full will be" but of course, yes, I earlier typed: "you are better off being born again than being christian." and ended the remark with: "If you know, you know. Who no know, no go know this", and it is true now achorladey

I don't know how one will knowingly call self a Christian, cos if you properly read the Bible, you won't yourself, outrightly call yourself a Christian. Neither of the disciples, none of the apostles called themselves Christians. As a matter of fact, it was the mischievous people of Antioch, known for giving all sort of people different kinds of nicknames, that first called the believers there, that Christian word. Now, look at it this way, even when you sugar coat it and/or try to remove the sting out of the word nigger, what does the word nigger, mean and what do you know that it means about you? Well think of the word Christian too in that light and circumstances too

27Jesus and his disciples left Galilee and went up to the villages near Caesarea Philippi.
As they were walking along, He asked them, "Who do people say I am?"
28"Well," they replied, "some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say you are one of the other prophets."
29Then He asked them, "But who do you say I am?"
Peter replied, "You are the Messiah."

Mark 8:27-29

Notice Mark 8:29 from above, that it boils down to the person achorladey. No dictionary to go to before articulating who you are. Not someone else corralling another into labels for them to define who they are achorladey. It's an inward thing, more of internal personal thoughts without external influencing stimuli. It's like bam, who are you, bam give your answer, an explicit reply. You tell who you are and do not let others define to you, who you are.

The fact, that, you refer yourself as Christian, don't mean that's who you really are because the truth of the matter, is, that's not what God calls you, it's what the world calls you or says who you are.

Here are a few parallels, I know achorladey, you and others, can relate to:
Are you a nigger?
Do you refer or address yourself as a nigger?
Do you call yourself, answer back after or when being called a nigger?
What would you say if someone, right now, possibly non-black, called you a nigger?
Have you begun to catch the drift?

Need I go on? Need I say more? I can go on, but will let sleeping dogs lie, not further rock the boat or tipping it over

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by achorladey: 7:35pm On Apr 04, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
achorladey, unlike others and most, thank you for your kind words, your sympathetic awareness and your ability to understand things.

achorladey, please pardon my ignorance, but I am not familiar with any "DIVINE PROVIDENCE attached to the name CHRISTIAN in some bible translations", would you be kind to show what and where this is?

achorladey, to be honest with you, this table with lots of christian people standing on it, will have casualties, if shaken, left to me I rather do it on an ultrasonic level, afterall, local colloquial says, "Ti a ba bu ounjẹ, sinu epo ẹpa, ẹni ma jẹ yo, a yo" losely translated means "When food is served in groundnut pods, diners who will eat, enjoy the meal and get their fill and be full will be" but of course, yes, I earlier typed: "you are better off being born again than being christian." and ended the remark with: "If you know, you know. Who no know, no go know this", and it is true now achorladey

I don't know how one will knowingly call self a Christian, cos if you properly read the Bible, you won't yourself, outrightly call yourself a Christian. Neither of the disciples, none of the apostles called themselves Christians. As a matter of fact, it was the mischievous people of Antioch, known for giving all sort of people different kinds of nicknames, that first called the believers there, that Christian word. Now, look at it this way, even when you sugar coat it and/or try to remove the sting out of the word nigger, what does the word nigger, mean and what do you know that it means about you? Well think of the word Christian too in that light and circumstances too

27Jesus and his disciples left Galilee and went up to the villages near Caesarea Philippi.
As they were walking along, He asked them, "Who do people say I am?"
28"Well," they replied, "some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say you are one of the other prophets."
29Then He asked them, "But who do you say I am?"
Peter replied, "You are the Messiah."

Mark 8:27-29

Notice Mark 8:29 from above, that it boils down to the person achorladey. No dictionary to go to before articulating who you are. Not someone else corralling another into labels for them to define who they are achorladey. It's an inward thing, more of internal personal thoughts without external influencing stimuli. It's like bam, who are you, bam give your answer, an explicit reply. You tell who you are and do not let others define to you, who you are.

The fact, that, you refer yourself as Christian, don't mean that's who you really are because the truth of the matter, is, that's not what God calls you, it's what the world calls you or says who you are.

Here are a few parallels, I know achorladey, you and others, can relate to:
Are you a nigger?
Do you refer or address yourself as a nigger?
Do you call yourself, answer back after or when being called a nigger?
What would you say if someone, right now, possibly non-black, called you a nigger?
Have you begun to catch the drift?

Need I go on? Need I say more? I can go on, but will let sleeping dogs lie, not further rock the boat or tipping it over

Concerning Acts 11:26 I spotted the "DIVINE PROVIDENCE" from New World Translations and the Young's Literal Translation "DIVINELY CALLED".but many others cited on Biblehub that divine Providence is absent.

Regarding the illustrations contained in the remaining part of your post I indeed understand the point you expressed.

Just to add, at least from what you highlighted above I can safely say Jesus said categorically the below......

Jesus answered, “I tell you the solemn truth, UNLESS a person is BORN of WATER and SPIRIT, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You MUST all be BORN from ABOVE or BORN AGAIN.

My area of emphasis here is the part you have equally drawn my attention to is

"you are better off being BORN AGAIN than being christian."

You don't have to go further and I indeed get this part of your post that carries this ANALOGY below

to be honest with you, this TABLE with LOTS of CHRISTIAN PEOPLE standing on it, will have CASUALTIES, if shaken, left to me I rather do it on an ULTRASONIC level.

Hahahahahaha e get as e be oooo. Who know na him know oooooo. I hope my laughter won't get to cause a lot of entropy that could tip the boat over or ground the boat.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 04, 2019
TATIME:
Hmmm thanks Sir, now i know why the GB admonished that we don't engage people on social media if they're not ready to learn! undecided
See you later Sir, my regards to your wife and the congregation of God! smiley

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by MuttleyLaff: 6:30am On Apr 05, 2019
achorladey:
Concerning Acts 11:26 I spotted the "DIVINE PROVIDENCE" from New World Translations and the Young's Literal Translation "DIVINELY CALLED".but many others cited on Biblehub that divine Providence is absent.
They are doing "wuruwuru magomago" to the answer

achorladey:
Regarding the illustrations contained in the remaining part of your post I indeed understand the point you expressed.
"A mọ ara wa, ti a ba rira wa" loosely translated means "we recognise & know ourselves when we bump into each other"

achorladey:
Just to add, at least from what you highlighted above I can safely say Jesus said categorically the below......

Jesus answered, “I tell you the solemn truth, UNLESS a person is BORN of WATER and SPIRIT, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 
6 What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the Spirit is spirit. 
7 Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You MUST all be BORN from ABOVE or BORN AGAIN.
Before you go on to your area of emphasis, think about these:
1/ What was the comment made by Nicodemus, as in, what was his question and the reason for the clandestine meeting in the dead of the night or wee hours of the morning, he had with Jesus?

achorladey:
My area of emphasis here is the part you have equally drawn my attention to is

"you are better off being BORN AGAIN than being christian."

You don't have to go further and I indeed get this part of your post that carries this ANALOGY below

to be honest with you, this TABLE with LOTS of CHRISTIAN PEOPLE standing on it, will have CASUALTIES, if shaken, left to me I rather do it on an ULTRASONIC level.

Hahahahahaha e get as e be oooo. Who know na him know oooooo. I hope my laughter won't get to cause a lot of entropy that could tip the boat over or ground the boat.
achorladey, trust me, if only more christians, properly read their bibles, there'd be less christians. Do they really believe that Agrippa & the people of Antioch revered Jesus that much, they called the disciples or believers ''Christ-like''? Not if in the know and understand what Agrippa & the people of Antioch meant by the term Christi-anos or Christian, abi?

Anyway, lets leave bullshit for bullshit collector, and for a moment achorladey, dip and dangle our feet, a little bit in deep end waters, not many are aware that born again precedes and preceded salvation. Fact is, in order to receive and get the gift of salvation, you'll first, have to be born again, be regenerated, as in, be born from above. Now, the disciples, Nicodemus and a lot others were already born again before getting the gift of salvation. It is highly unlikely, anyone will be born again and not have or get the gift of salvation, as anyone truly born again, receives the gift of salvation, and they will not only see the demonstrations & power of the kingdom of God but ultimately will enter into the kingdom of God

Scoffers, mockers, cynics, pagans etcetera dont and never see anything good about the kingdom and that's because they are not born again, they are not born from above, and so are not spiritually rebirthed. It's more the reason, we have atheists, it is because regeneration has not taken place in them and this why they rubbish and/or never want to acknowledge any demonstrations or power of the kingdom of God

Born again and salvation, though are not in the same category, they nonetheless are related

Notice in John 3:12-13, how Jesus is trying to get Nicodemus convinced, telling Nicodemus not to fight the belief, because it is obvious Nicodemus still was wrestling with the thought of accepting whom Jesus really is

Let's not forget that Nicodemus was a Pharisee and the Pharisees' idea of what the Messiah is and what His Kingdom would be, is different to majority of everyone's else, so Nicodemus' concern and bone of contention was, who is Jesus?. He wasnt 100% sure, if Jesus is the Messiah or not and so that was the reason for Nicodemus' clandestine and dead of the night visit, to seek the truth, to find out for himself, to know who Jesus is and isnt. He is already born again, without even realising

In the course of the meeting, Nicodemus, aside from his enquirying questions, had a problem with understanding the concept of regeneration, as the born again concept, didnt publicly need to be taught nor preached by Jesus because it is a straightforward fact and done deal affair thing, and so Jesus, incidentally was seriously surprised that Nicodemus who happens to be a teacher, didnt know about born again nor knew that born again can be a prerequisite for salvation. Seeing God's kingdom and entering into God's kingdom are not synonymous. They might be related terms, but they certainly dont have the same meaning, so Jesus explained what the criteria for entering into God's kingdom is (i.e. man be born of water and of the Spirit...) to Nicodemus

TATIME:

Maximus69:
Hmmm thanks Sir, now i know why the GB admonished that we don't engage people on social media if they're not ready to learn! undecided
Bunch of two clowns, just without the painted faces & the real red rosy cheek trademark smiles

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 05, 2019
Maximus69:
What churchgoers don't know is just too much to explain without a one on one discussion where both the one teaching and the one learning MUST see each other often!
Just imagine, BORN AGAIN! Isn't it funny that a supposed intellectual couldn't grasp that being BORN naturally has nothing to do with the effort of the child! cheesy cheesy cheesy
You just find yourself on earth because your parents WISH to have you since God has declared that all living creatures multiply according to their kind.
Now BORN AGAIN which is determined ONLY by the WISH of the heavenly father, churchgoers are disputing over who should be or not be BORN AGAIN! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Whereas being born again was thoroughly explained for the understanding of all first century Christians. Both the Lord Jesus and Apostle Paul made it clear that it doesn't depend on the effort of any Christian to be BORN by God's holy spirit!
Well i don't blame them since they don't even know what being a Christian means, how are they going to know the meaning of being a BORN AGAIN Christian? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 05, 2019
TATIME:
What churchgoers don't know is just too much to explain without a one on one discussion where both the one teaching and the one learning MUST see each other often!
Just imagine, BORN AGAIN! Isn't it funny that a supposed intellectual couldn't grasp that being BORN naturally has nothing to do with the effort of the child! cheesy cheesy cheesy
You just find yourself on earth because your parents WISH to have you since God has declared that all living creatures multiply according to their kind.
Now BORN AGAIN which is determined ONLY by the WISH of the heavenly father, churchgoers are disputing over who should be or not be BORN AGAIN! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Whereas being born again was thoroughly explained for the understanding of all first century Christians. Both the Lord Jesus and Apostle Paul made it clear that it doesn't depend on the effort of any Christian to be BORN by God's holy spirit!
Well i don't blame them since they don't even know what being a Christian means, how are they going to know the meaning of being a BORN AGAIN Christian? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Hmmm, that's true!
Nobody determined his or her own birth,neither who will born you,place of birth nor time. Therefore it's senseless trying to determine for God who is to be or not to be BORN by his spirit!
Please Sir, according to one of your posts you said when James and John went with their mother to meet Jesus, they wanted to become part of the CHOSEN ones that will rule with him. Matthew 20:20-23
So Jesus' response meant only Jehovah will determine that! No wonder he began talking about RULERSHIP immediately to help us grasp what the sons of Zebedee were demanding, and that's why the other ten first set of Christians became indignant at them! undecided
Hmmm, thanks Sir i'm really grateful. God bless you! smiley

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by MuttleyLaff: 8:09am On Apr 05, 2019
TATIME:
In youth we learn, in age we understand. Certain truths, can only be clearly seen or understood with the wisdom of age and grace of God

Christi-anos or Christian is a misnomer for believers, saints, brothers, sisters and/or disciples

Acts 11:26, Acts 26:28 and 1 Peter 4:16 are the only three places in the bible, where the term "Christi-anos" or Christian, is found, and on each of those three occasion, the term was used in a belittling, derogatory and rebuffing context or manner. No where in the bible, will it ever be found, any of the disciples, believers, Paul or Peter, say, I am a CHRISTIAN... and its just the same way, neither you, TATIME or Maximus69 wont say about yourselves: I am a NIGGER. Neither of the disciples nor the apostles called themselves Christians, it was the mischievous people of Antioch, known for giving people nicknames, that first called the believers that "Christi-anos" or Christian word. TATIME or Maximus69, once you learn to properly read the bible, you'll be free forever and not dependent on the GB and/or traditions of men.

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 05, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
In youth we learn, in age we understand. Certain truths, can only be clearly seen or understood with the wisdom of age and grace of God

Christi-anos or Christian is a misnomer for believers, saints, brothers, sisters and/or disciples

Acts 11:26, Acts 26:28 and 1 Peter 4:16 are the only three places in the bible, where the term "Christi-anos" or Christian, is found, and on each of those three occasion, the term was used in a belittling, derogatory and rebuffing context or manner. No where in the bible, will it ever be found, any of the disciples, believers, Paul or Peter, say, I am a CHRISTIAN... and its just the same way, neither you, TATIME or Maximus69 wont say about yourselves: I am a NIGGER. Neither of the disciples nor the apostles called themselves Christians, it was the mischievous people of Antioch, known for giving people nicknames, that first called the believers that "Christi-anos" or Christian word. TATIME or Maximus69, once you learn to properly read the bible, you'll be free forever and not dependent on the GB and/or traditions of men.
Hmmm, if you know this then why not humble yourself to learn more? People today claims to be Christians because they've heard that those called by that name back then suffered for Christ! But as for what being a Christian entails,they don't know!
Jehovah's Witnesses knew that the group name Christian was a derogatory remark but the disciples loved it as everyone back then can identify them as the followers of the one executed for blasphemy!
So ordinary being a member of the movement will cost you a lot back then, therefore most of them thought they're BORN AGAIN since they've counted themselves worthy to be dishonoured for Christ's sake. But Paul made it clear to them that being 'born again' is a totally different thing from being a Christian. Those who unknowingly joined in things designated for only the born agains do fall sick and if they still don't stop participating in those things they will eventually DIE! 1Corinthians 11:27:30
Now you know that being a Christian alone is what someone needed for salvation but to participate in the government of Jesus' 1,000 years rule, you must be BORN AGAIN and that's not to be determined by your effort!
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by MuttleyLaff: 9:12am On Apr 05, 2019
Maximus69:
Hmmm, if you know this then why not humble yourself to learn more? People today claims to be Christians because they've heard that those called by that name back then suffered for Christ! But as for what being a Christian entails,they don't know!
Jehovah's Witnesses knew that the group name Christian was a derogatory remark but the disciples loved it as everyone back then can identify them as the followers of the one executed for blasphemy!
So ordinary being a member of the movement will cost you a lot back then, therefore most of them thought they're BORN AGAIN since they've counted themselves worthy to be dishonoured for Christ's sake. But Paul made it clear to them that being 'born again' is a totally different thing from being a Christian. Those who unknowingly joined in things designated for only the born agains do fall sick and if they still don't stop participating in those things they will eventually DIE! 1Corinthians 11:27:30
Now you know that being a Christian alone is what someone needed for salvation but to participate in the government of Jesus' 1,000 years rule, you must be BORN AGAIN and that's not to be determined by your effort!
Let me ask you two straightforward and simple questions:
1/ Was Nicodemus born again?
2/ At what time was Nicodemus born again, was it before or after meeting Jesus during that clandestine meeting?

Maximus69, many believers count themselves worthy to be dishonoured for Christ's sake, but they dont go about calling themselves nigger.

I have earlier said it, that born again precedes and preceded salvation. Fact is, in order to receive and get the gift of salvation, you'll first, have to be born again, be regenerated, as in, be born from above. Also born again and salvation, though are not in the same category, are nonetheless related

Maximus69 are you happy, pleased and be OK, if from henceforth I start to address and call you nigger Maximus69? Please reply and advice

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 05, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Let me ask you two straightforward and simple questions:
1/ Was Nicodemus born again?
2/ At what time was Nicodemus born again, was it before or after meeting Jesus during that clandestine meeting?

Maximus69, many believers counted themselves worthy to be dishonoured for Christ's sake, but they dont go about calling themselves nigger.

I have earlier said it, that born again precedes and preceded salvation. Fact is, in order to receive and get the gift of salvation, you'll first, have to be born again, be regenerated, as in, be born from above. Also born again and salvation, though are not in the same category, are nonetheless related

Maximus69 are you happy, pleased and be OK, if from henceforth I start to address and call you nigger Maximus69? Please reply and advice
Your TWO questions!
[1] Jesus has so many things to teach those faithful individuals amongst the Jews,part of it is how his goverment will be established,what those that will partake in the rulership need to know and where they're going to stay as their government house.
Nicodemus was a member of the ruling class amongst the Jews, he could recognize Jesus as the foretold Messiah[designated King of God's kingdom],he wanted to acquaint himself with the King so he went to know what is required of him to rule with the Messiah!
Before then there has never being anyone being born again,so Nicodemus wasn't born again that's why Jesus emphasized on the need to become born again in other to participate in that heavenly government.
[2] The first set of BORN AGAIN were the Christians who met together at Pentecost,later many also became part of the team. So if Nicodemus had joined the Christians in their meeting together,he could also become one of them. But there was no record that he did other than remaining a [disciple in hidden] Jesus once said 'if anyone disown me before men,i will also disown him before my father' Matthew 10:33
Nicodemus and his colleague Joseph Arimathea never declared themselves PUBLICLY as his disciples! John 19:38,39
So their acceptance into that fold of ruling class with other born again Christians is uncertain! But they were Christians for sure and their salvation as in living forever under the kingdom rule is certain because many of the rulers also became Christians later and there's no doubt that both Joseph Arimathea and Nicodemus would have seized that opportunity to declare themselves publicly as Christians! Act 6:7 compared to John 12:42
God bless you!
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by MuttleyLaff: 10:56am On Apr 05, 2019
Maximus69:
Your TWO questions!
[1] Jesus has so many things to teach those faithful individuals amongst the Jews,part of it is how his goverment will be established,what those that will partake in the rulership need to know and where they're going to stay as their government house.
Nicodemus was a member of the ruling class amongst the Jews, he could recognize Jesus as the foretold Messiah[designated King of God's kingdom],he wanted to acquaint himself with the King so he went to know what is required of him to rule with the Messiah!
Before then their has never being anyone being born again,so Nicodemus wasn't born again that's why Jesus emphasized on the need to become born again in other to participate in that heavenly government.
[2] The first set of BORN AGAIN were the Christians who met together at Pentecost,later many also became part of the team. So if Nicodemus had joined the Christians in their meeting together,he could also become one of them. But there was no record that he did other than remaining a [disciple in hidden] Jesus once said 'if anyone disown me before men,i will also disown him before my father' Matthew 10:33
Nicodemus and his colleague Joseph Arimathea never declared themselves PUBLICLY as his disciples! John 19:38,39
So their acceptance into that fold of ruling class with other born again Christians is uncertain! But they were Christians for sure and their salvation as in living forever under the kingdom rule is certain because many of the rulers also became Christians later and there no doubt that both Joseph Arimathea and Nicodemus would have seized that opportunity to declare themselves publicly as Christians! Act 6:7 compared to John 12:42
God bless you!
What a right bucketload of old codswallop, no offence meant Maximus69.

Now Maximus69 are you happy, pleased and be OK, if from henceforth I start to address and call you nigger Maximus69? Please reply and advice

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 05, 2019
Maximus69:
Hmmm, that's true!
Nobody determined his or her own birth,neither who will born you,place of birth nor time. Therefore it's senseless trying to determine for God who is to be or not to be BORN by his spirit!
Please Sir, according to one of your posts you said when James and John went with their mother to meet Jesus, they wanted to become part of the CHOSEN ones that will rule with him. Matthew 20:20-23
So Jesus' response meant only Jehovah will determine that! No wonder he began talking about RULERSHIP immediately to help us grasp what the sons of Zebedee were demanding, and that's why the other ten first set of Christians became indignant at them! undecided
Hmmm, thanks Sir i'm really grateful. God bless you! smiley
Yeap! That's exactly what they were clamoring for and Jesus made it clear to them that each seat in that heavenly government belongs to those that will be CHOSEN by his heavenly father! But know this first that God will never chose from those who have not learn how to rule from the wonderful counselor 'Jesus Christ'! Isaiah 9:6
That's why John and all other prophets prior to his time can be part of that ruling class,as none of them completed a training under Jesus! Matthew 11:11smiley smiley smiley
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 05, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
What a right bucketload of old codswallop, no offence meant Maximus69.

Now Maximus69 are you happy, pleased and be OK, if from henceforth I start to address and call you nigger Maximus69? Please reply and advice
Why not debunk the explanation using scriptural quotations as i just did? cheesy
Anything you call a TRUE disciple or anyhow you address us is welcomed Sir so far you acknowledge that we worship a different God from yours! smiley
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by MuttleyLaff: 11:27am On Apr 05, 2019
Maximus69:
Why not debunk the explanation using scriptural quotations as i just did? cheesy
Anything you call a TRUE disciple or anyhow you address us is welcomed Sir so far you acknowledge that we worship a different God from yours! smiley
I already had nigger and that was long before you posted your codswallop nigger. Nigger, you are a true disciple of the fakery you parade about in

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 05, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I already had nigger and that was long before you posted your codswallop nigger. Nigger, you are a true disciple of the fakery you parade about in
You're blessed in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ Sir! smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos / Apostle Suleman Kissing His Wife, Lizzy Suleman On His Birthday / Just How Big Do You Think Bishop Oyedepo's Ministry Is?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 215
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.