Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

"Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo (11144 Views)

Folu Adeboye And Faith Oyedepo Pictured Together / Bishop Oyedepo's Sons And Son-in-law Rock Agbada To Faith Oyedepo 60th Birthday / Faith Oyedepo's 60th Birthday: Adeboye, Enenche, Ibiyeomie Others Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by danieljoel759: 8:11am On Mar 10, 2019

Benefits of singleness

To be single is to be whole, outstanding, unique, separate and positively different!

1. It helps to draw closer to God. Ecc12:1

2. It is the prime of life. 1 Tim 4:12

3. Freedom to serve the Lord without distraction 1 cor 7:32&35

4. Freedom from marital responsibilities and concerns: Marriage comes with attendant responsibilities. The married cares for how to please God as well as his or her spouse (I Corinthians 7:33-34).

What is Commitment?

The Cambridge dictionary defines commitment “as a willingness to give your time and energy to something that you believe in, or a promise or firm decision to do something. In other words, your will must translate to action. Your commitment must be more than words.

“Marriage is a total commitment and a total sharing of the total person with another person until death.”- Wayne Mack.

Paul said in 1 Corinthians 6:12:

“All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient …” Commitment makes you choose the expedient above the lawful. It makes you forgo some things that you like or take pleasure in. Sometimes, rights and privileges that are lawfully yours may have to be forfeited in the interest of the family.

Commitment is the pillar of any fruitful marriage and the family. It is the glue that binds a marriage together. When commitment is lacking in the relationship between a husband and wife, the likelihood of that family surviving are very slim. What the spinal cord is to the body is what commitment is to marriage and the family. Without it, the body will be limp and paralyzed.

Families with great success potentials suffer severe setbacks and failure as a result of lack of commitment. I once read the story of a twenty-five-year-old marriage that ended in separation due to a lack of commitment of both the husband and wife.

To enjoy family success, you must be committed both to the institution of marriage and to your spouse. Look at this wonderful scripture:

“What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.” Mark 10:9.

Even though God has joined you together, you must be committed to one another, so that nothing is allowed to put you asunder.

Again, God’s Word says: Marriage is honourable; that is, respectable. The individuals in it sometimes may not be. Marriage, as an institution established by God, is perfect, but the individuals in it are not. People change as they grow, but marriage is constant. It is an unchanging institution. To build a successful marriage, therefore, those in it must learn to honour marriage itself. This is the secret!

You cannot have a successful marriage without knowing the One who instituted marriage. If you are not born again, there is no way you can be committed to God and you can never be committed to your marriage. You need to give your life to Christ.

Do you wish to invite Jesus into your marriage? This is done by confessing your sins and accepting Jesus as your Saviour and Lord. If you desire to do so right now, please pray this prayer with faith in your heart: Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for delivering me from sin and satan to serve the living God and thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/03/benefit-of-singleness-and-commitment-in.html

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by ictjobber: 8:13am On Mar 10, 2019
Christians are very good at throwing away that part of the scripture that don't favour them and embracing those that favor them.

Whatever happened to 1 Corinthians 14:34 "Women should be silent during the church meetings. It is not proper for them to speak. They should be submissive, just as the law says"..

These days them no just dey talk.. They even dey climb pulpit..

So, my question to the pastors in the house goes thus.. Why do we Christians choose what to obey and what not to obey from our book of instructions

Y'all can also read the below..
8 Things The Bible Forbids But Christains Still Do Anyway

8 Likes

Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by Ololanla: 8:14am On Mar 10, 2019
God bless you ma.

1 Like

Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by amaniro: 8:15am On Mar 10, 2019
ictjobber:
Yawn

Go to church.

1 Like

Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by Financesiq(f): 8:17am On Mar 10, 2019
Nice piece
Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by Actuarydeji(m): 8:19am On Mar 10, 2019
So this woman is now encouraging singleness. Aftervshe has been panachukwu. There's God Sha, I no some mumu would follow suit
Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by lexy2014: 8:19am On Mar 10, 2019
danieljoel759:

Benefits of singleness

To be single is to be whole, outstanding, unique, separate and positively different!

4. Freedom from marital responsibilities and concerns: Marriage comes with attendant responsibilities. The married cares for how to please God as well as his or her spouse (I Corinthians 7:33-34).

What is Commitment?

The Cambridge dictionary defines commitment “as a willingness to give your time and energy to something that you believe in, or a promise or firm decision to do something. In other words, your will must translate to action. Your commitment must be more than words.

“Marriage is a total commitment and a total sharing of the total person with another person until death.”- Wayne Mack.

Paul said in 1 Corinthians 6:12:

“All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient …” Commitment makes you choose the expedient above the lawful. It makes you forgo some things that you like or take pleasure in. Sometimes, rights and privileges that are lawfully yours may have to be forfeited in the interest of the family.

Commitment is the pillar of any fruitful marriage and the family. It is the glue that binds a marriage together. When commitment is lacking in the relationship between a husband and wife, the likelihood of that family surviving are very slim. What the spinal cord is to the body is what commitment is to marriage and the family. Without it, the body will be limp and paralyzed.

Families with great success potentials suffer severe setbacks and failure as a result of lack of commitment. I once read the story of a twenty-five-year-old marriage that ended in separation due to a lack of commitment of both the husband and wife.

To enjoy family success, you must be committed both to the institution of marriage and to your spouse. Look at this wonderful scripture:

“What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.” Mark 10:9.

Even though God has joined you together, you must be committed to one another, so that nothing is allowed to put you asunder.

Again, God’s Word says: Marriage is honourable; that is, respectable. The individuals in it sometimes may not be. Marriage, as an institution established by God, is perfect, but the individuals in it are not. People change as they grow, but marriage is constant. It is an unchanging institution. To build a successful marriage, therefore, those in it must learn to honour marriage itself. This is the secret!

You cannot have a successful marriage without knowing the One who instituted marriage. If you are not born again, there is no way you can be committed to God and you can never be committed to your marriage. You need to give your life to Christ.

Do you wish to invite Jesus into your marriage? This is done by confessing your sins and accepting Jesus as your Saviour and Lord. If you desire to do so right now, please pray this prayer with faith in your heart: Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for delivering me from sin and satan to serve the living God and thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/03/benefit-of-singleness-and-commitment-in.html

D highlighted is subject to debate as we have seen those who "know" d one who instituted marriage, especially pastors, fail in marriage. Just knowing God & being born again isn't enough 2 have a successful marriage

2 Likes

Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by Ikpongiton: 8:21am On Mar 10, 2019
That is from a virtuous woman,a mother,a woman of glory,unlike remi theftnubu
Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 10, 2019
Hallelujah
Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by McCarlito(m): 8:25am On Mar 10, 2019
ictjobber:
Christians are very good at throwing away that part of the scripture that don't favour them and embracing those that favor them.

Whatever happened to 1 Corinthians 14:34 "Women should be silent during the church meetings. It is not proper for them to speak. They should be submissive, just as the law says"..

So, my question to the pastors in the house goes thus.. Why do we Christians choose what to obey and what no to obey from our book of instructions
That particular question is never answered as we have pastors who wouldn't wanna upset their wives and church members who wanna always fall under the anoiyimg of mummy GO and pastors wives who simply don't wanna give up the coveted mummy GO titles
Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by Treash(m): 8:26am On Mar 10, 2019
ictjobber:

So, my question to the pastors in the house goes thus.. Why do we Christians choose what to obey and what no to obey from our book of instructions

You are wrong. Women are also to preach in church. The Bible says "Your sons and daughters will prophesy" Joel 2:28.
Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by ictjobber: 8:31am On Mar 10, 2019
Treash:

You are wrong. Women are also to preach in church. The Bible says "Your sons and daughters will prophesy" Joel 2:28.

There was no mention of church in the verse you quoted. And please enlighten me.. How am i wrong? Did you read the verse i quoted? Did it rhyme with the question i asked? If yes, how am i wrong? I don't understand!?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by Truefaith: 8:53am On Mar 10, 2019
Bgf
Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by Jaynom(m): 8:59am On Mar 10, 2019
danieljoel759:

Benefits of singleness

What is Commitment?

You can't have a successful marriage without knowing the person that instituted marriage? Kai ma I highly disagree. Atheists, Hindus, Satanists, Non-Christians e.t.c have successful marriages, live in successful societies and Live very Long! Dem plenty
Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by Jaynom(m): 9:00am On Mar 10, 2019
lexy2014:

D highlighted is subject to debate as we have seen those who "know" d one who instituted marriage, especially pastors, fail in marriage. Just knowing God & being born again isn't enough 2 have a successful marriage

Exactly! So pastor Chris Oyakhilome doesn't know God? Maybe she knows something she's not telling us
Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 10, 2019
Crooked pastor. soon we will turn her into Another baby mama.
Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 10, 2019
Actuarydeji:
So this woman is now encouraging singleness. Aftervshe has been panachukwu. There's God Sha, I no some mumu would follow suit

Mumu, she"s not encouraging "singleness" . The Bible is clear when it comes to issues of marital concerns. Its gives us two choices : Be Single or Be married not married by force by fire cos society wants it. Nope.
The Bible gives us liberty to either get married if we wish or remain Single if we so desire. It doesnt place a curse on single people neither is there any blessing for married people that single people cannot enjoy. I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by orunto27: 9:56am On Mar 10, 2019
Madam Abrahama(Faith), God bless your Faith in "TheFaith" in Jesus Name Amen.
Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by mastar111: 11:05am On Mar 10, 2019
danieljoel759:
[b]
Benefits of singleness[/b]You cannot have a successful marriage without knowing the One who instituted marriage. If you are not born again, there is no way you can be committed to God and you can never be committed to your marriage. You need to give your life to Christ.

I don't believe this. I have seen those who know the one who instituted marriage, but have a failed marriage. A lot of pastors included.

I have also seen those who don't know the one who instituted marriage but have a successful marriage. Many are muslims, hindu, even etheists.
Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by mechanics(m): 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
But God that instituted marriage knows why we should not be single for those in the marriageable age.
Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by yankison(m): 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2019
ictjobber:

So, my question to the pastors in the house goes thus.. Why do we Christians choose what to obey and what not to obey from our book of instructions

Y'all can also read the below..
8 Things The Bible Forbids But Christains Still Do Anyway

Thank you ... Na money all of them is looking for
Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by yankison(m): 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2019
There was never a woman prophet in the Bible ... I wonder why all this women should be speaking in church ..they are the cause of the problem we are in the world and still causing more
Re: "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 10, 2019
Some people thinks that marriage is a child's play.

(1) (Reply)

3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race / Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / Karma, Does It Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.