Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Karma, Does It Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Karma, Does It Exist? (11167 Views)

If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? / Juju Mirror! Does It Exist? / Seun Doesn't Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Karma, Does It Exist? by paxonel(m): 3:55am On May 04, 2023
According to Merriam-webster, the word "Karma" was first used in 1827 by Buddhists and Hinduists whio described an ethical subjected principle that says "you reap what you sow ".
They held that there is a force generated by a person's actions which has ethical consequences to determine the nature of the person's next existence(even up to the person's after-life).

Certainly, going by human natural experiences, this ethical principle called Karma has been proven valid and is responsible for the many fortunes and misfortunes we go through today in our lives.
For instance, a man who send his child to school(formally or informally) may end up having the child becoming wealthy and knowledgeable, and the one who refuses to send his child to school may have the child battling poverty in the future and put the blame to some witches and wizards in village.

But what does the bible say about Karma, do Christians believe that this principle still have effect to their after-life even after they die?

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This also suggest that the old creature died away the day you died, and you are now a new being not having the sins of your past life inputed in you.

Paul says in Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I NOW live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Obviously,according these scriptures if Karma is anything to go by, it ends abruptly the day you die as a Christian, but the effects thereafter lives on even up to generations

4 Likes

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by yrhuhfy113: 4:09am On May 04, 2023
wealth can cheat karma.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 4:34am On May 04, 2023
Yes,Karma exists, and is one of the greatest laws that govern this universe.It entails sowing and reaping.Even the Bible points to the law in Galatians 6:7(Be not deceived;God is not mocked:for whatsoever a man soweth,that shall he also reap).
Karma is as real as the physical world, and can visit in diverse forms and at any given point in time.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Maynman: 5:02am On May 04, 2023
Law of Causation.

11 Likes

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Corridon: 5:05am On May 04, 2023
It doesn't. Evil people keep progressing and succeeding in what they are doing while the righteous ones suffers.

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by DispatcherLagos: 5:54am On May 04, 2023
Karma exists, not instantly but definitely.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Zonefree(m): 6:06am On May 04, 2023
If Karma exists, Nigerian politicians for don die finish.

Hamza Al-Mustapha, Abacha's CSO is still alive and also contested for president with AA.

Karma works only on poor people.

115 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Nobody: 6:17am On May 04, 2023
In my opinion, there are many reasons why Karma doesn't exist. The first reason is that Karma is based on the idea that people are rewarded or punished for their good or bad actions in this life or in a previous life. But people are not only good or bad, they are also complex. They can do good things for bad reasons and bad things for good reasons. It's not fair to judge someone's whole life based on one action.

Another reason Karma doesn't exist is that it's based on the idea of a soul. But there is no evidence for souls and there is no proof that they are punished or rewarded after death. Even if there were souls, it's not clear how they could be affected by the actions of people in this life.

Also, Karma is often used as an excuse for bad things that happen. People say "it's Karma" when they don't have a good explanation for why something went wrong. But saying "it's Karma" doesn't solve anything. It doesn't help us understand why bad things happen or how we can make things better.

In conclusion, there are many reasons why Karma doesn't exist. It's based on flawed ideas about people and the world. It's used as an excuse for bad things, and it doesn't solve anything.
Someone should raise an argument against this!

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by BetterChurch: 12:32pm On May 04, 2023
Karma and Reincarnation are two immutable laws of God. And it's written "The mill of God grinds slowly but surely."

Corridon:
It doesn't. Evil people keep progressing and succeeding in what they are doing while the righteous ones suffers.

4 Likes

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Greatzeus(m): 5:04pm On May 04, 2023
"Karma,the only chef that always serves his meal cold" cool.... Greatzeus

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by paxonel(m): 9:18pm On May 06, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
In my opinion, there are many reasons why Karma doesn't exist. The first reason is that Karma is based on the idea that people are rewarded or punished for their good or bad actions in this life or in a previous life. But people are not only good or bad, they are also complex. They can do good things for bad reasons and bad things for good reasons. It's not fair to judge someone's whole life based on one action.

Another reason Karma doesn't exist is that it's based on the idea of a soul. But there is no evidence for souls and there is no proof that they are punished or rewarded after death. Even if there were souls, it's not clear how they could be affected by the actions of people in this life.

Also, Karma is often used as an excuse for bad things that happen. People say "it's Karma" when they don't have a good explanation for why something went wrong. But saying "it's Karma" doesn't solve anything. It doesn't help us understand why bad things happen or how we can make things better.

In conclusion, there are many reasons why Karma doesn't exist. It's based on flawed ideas about people and the world. It's used as an excuse for bad things, and it doesn't solve anything.
Someone should raise an argument against this!
anytime people do good things for bad reasons or bad things for good reasons, in either case there are always repercussions.
For instance, i agree with her parents without her consent to be paying a her school fees with the intention that she is going to marry me after she graduate. I'm doing something good but with a bad reason.
Then, after she graduates, she tells me that she didn't love me afterall. That should be the repercussion of my wrong decision and karma has catch up with me, don't you think so?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Nobody: 1:25am On May 07, 2023
paxonel:
anytime people do good things for bad reasons or bad things for good reasons, in either case there are always repercussions.
For instance, i agree with her parents without her consent to be paying a her school fees with the intention that she is going to marry me after she graduate. I'm doing something good but with a bad reason.
Then, after she graduates, she tells me that she didn't love me afterall. That should be the repercussion of my wrong decision and karma has catch up with me, don't you think so?
What if she eventually agrees to marry you?
Where's the karma there?🤷‍♂️
This is only a direct consequence of one's action, and not karma.

Karma believes good or bad ALWAYS comes around, right?
Why should he be paid bad when he clearly had a good intention?
I don't see the karma!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by paxonel(m): 6:00am On May 07, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

What if she eventually agrees to marry you?
Where's the karma there?🤷‍♂️
This is only a direct consequence of one's action, and not karma.
ok

Karma believes good or bad ALWAYS comes around, right?
Why should he be paid bad when he clearly had a good intention?
I don't see the karma!
absolutely

1 Like

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by hopefulLandlord: 7:14am On May 07, 2023
no!

3 Likes

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by OloyeVIII: 7:29am On May 07, 2023
Well, it does.. for some (like me) when you do shii you get it right back, while for others it may take a moment or two..

3 Likes

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Agbadocassava: 8:52am On May 07, 2023
Flick490:
Yes. It exists

Nothing like karma

8 Likes

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by newnet: 8:52am On May 07, 2023
Yeah

1 Like

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by HydraFeeds(m): 8:52am On May 07, 2023
To every action, there's always an equal opposite reaction.

However, some people know how to bend the law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Spirit247: 8:53am On May 07, 2023
Corridon:
Yes, Kama exist. See the Evidence: https://www.nairaland.com/5507700/how-gods-decision-elevate-man

Also, for those that have wondered about the story of the mad man of Gadarene, below is the most important Lesson why Jesus chased out the Demons into the Pigs:
https://www.nairaland.com/7680075/why-did-jesus-grant-pleading
3.) This is the most important. It was the very first time that Jesus went out to offer the Gift of Salvation and Eternal Life from our CREATOR to the Gentiles of this World, to show that His profound Love is not just to get the Jews saved but to get the Gentiles and the Whole World saved and Reconnected back to His FATHER The Only SOURCE of Life. Someone may ask how I know it was a Gentile City and not like Jerusalem, note that they supported getting wealth through rasing of unclean animal such as pig. What the Jews would never do because it is forbidden for them as chosen People of I AM THAT I AM.

JESUS delivered the 2 Heavily Possessed Citizens of that Gentile City and restored back their Humanity. They probably each have wife, children, fathers and mothers and family members that are dependent on them before the Demons took ownership of their Faculties. Jesus did an Examination for the Gentiles in the City by checking if they would choose to celebrate the Restoration to Sane Life of these 2 Men that could now Invent things that might turn the City to a truly Prosperous globally Celebrated Center of Unprecedented Blessings to Humanity. But unfortunately, inhumane Wickedness has so much gotten hold of their Conscience that they Prefer to have their ill-gotten lazy Money from rearing shit-eating free-roaming dirty Pigs (about 2,000 Pigs) rather than being happy that their Brothers and fellow Citizens have become miraclously Healed by MESSIAH that could have gotten other Thousands or Millions of other Sick and bed-ridden People in their Country permanently cured. Their Conscience was so stone-cold Dead that they immediately seek that JESUS should leave their City without delay. All they needed to have done is to change to rearing Cattles, Sheep, Poultry, etc, which requires more work but would give very Healthy Meat to feed their City and with JESUS' Blessing they would have become so Prosperous at it that they would even be Feeding the whole World with Clean Health-Promoting Foods.

But alas! They chase Jesus out of their City with very Wicked Heart that their Brothers being tormented day and night should have being left to suffer all Life-long and die miserably. If HE knows money would not take you away from HIM, HE shall give you in Abundance. But many abandon our CREATOR to put their Trust in money whenever HE makes them rich. Eternal Life is HIS Ultimate Plan for you, not money! Only our CREATOR knows how many Thousands or Millions of them are wallowing in Terminal Ailments, Demonic Possessions and Afflictions, yet they chase out the Deliverer just because of Pigs; which represents ill-gotten wealth.

Please, let's all think about this Deep Revelatory Teaching today. Are you chasing MESSIAH out of your Life because of that your girlfriend, boyfriend, goodluck charm, Opportunity or job that you got by sleeping with married men or fornicating, e.t.c. Truly accept JESUS as your Personal LORD and SAVIOUR today and Pray that HIS Ever Pure SPIRIT should take Permanent Ownership of your Heart and Eternal Control of your Thoughts. Completely Trust HIM with your Life. It may not be easy initially because we are all on Earth for Spiritual Examination to see the individuals that shall never allow the Trials, Temptations and Troubles of this Life to make them now to Satan. What is our Purpose on Earth as Humans? To proof that we Love our CREATOR more than all tht is on Earth. Only those that chose to die poor (in case HE chose not to give you money because HE knows you more than you know yourself) rather than bowing to Satan, shall be Rewarded with Eternal Life. Pls, choose MESSIAH's Way of Purity, Fasting and Prayer to Consistently ask the CREATOR of Humanity for whatever you need, HE is Guarateed to Answer you and to also Reward you with Immortality/Eternal Life for not choosing the Easy way out offered by Satan in this current Temporary World.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by ednut1(m): 8:53am On May 07, 2023
No such thing exists . Its only used to deceive people not to take vengeance. All the politicians that have looted Nigeria causing deaths and hardships on millions of people. How many karma visit

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Flick490(m): 8:53am On May 07, 2023
Agbadocassava:

Nothing like karma

Ok. Can u help me pls?
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by ipobarecriminals: 8:53am On May 07, 2023
sad sure. SEED and HARVEST time

2 Likes

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by TheboyGhost(m): 8:53am On May 07, 2023
Good is bad
Bad is Good

Karma does not Exist.

3 Likes

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Satguru: 8:54am On May 07, 2023
Karma, Heaven and Hell do NOT EXIST. Those words are used to keep the poor in mental solitary confinement.
When our colonial masters arrived, they came with the Bible and the gun. The bible for those that would obey their rules and believe their teachings while the gun was for the disobedients. While the obedients were promised 'heaven' the disobedients were assured hellfire.
IF KARMA IS REAL THEN THE LIKES OF BUHARI, GOWON AND EVEN OLUSEGUN OBASANJO WHO KILLED MANY INNOCENTS BEFORE AND DURING THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR OF 1967 TO 1970 AND AS IF WAS NOT TIRED OF KILLINGS STILL ORDERED THE GENOCIDE AT ODI VILLAGE IN BAYELSA STATE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD BY NOW.
Humans are like animals, the moment they die they seize to exist. Forget about the heavens your pastor is promising you.

THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN KARMA DO NOT DO WELL IN BUSINESS, ESPECIALLY IN NIGERIA.

For the Christians, can you prove the crime Abel committed in his first life that led to his consequential murder by his brother?
IF YOU ARE GOOD PLEASE DON'T LOOSE GUARD BECAUSE WHEN FACED WITH THREAT EVEN GOD MAY NOT COME TO YOUR RESCUE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by DrAda(f): 8:54am On May 07, 2023
Yes as long as flying pigs exist

Matthew 5:45
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

2 Likes

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by SultanOfAbia: 8:55am On May 07, 2023
If karma
Why are Buhari and Tinubu enjoying old age
While T.B Joshua just died like that.

When you realize 90% of the concept of Christianity was written by MAN not God
Concept of karma is not from God
It's man made doctrine
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Austineva(m): 8:55am On May 07, 2023
D case of Ike Ekweremmadu is a very good proof. Karma is real and it's a bitch so, play with caution

7 Likes

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by GreatrAnalyst: 8:55am On May 07, 2023
Hmmm

Does sowing and reaping or cause and effect law exist?

Reaping and effect/consequence come in the manner not foretold nor at a pre-announced time. But it surely it does.
Those who doubt the law of cause and effect may doubt its existence based on the fact that they can't tell the manner it comes and when.
Many are experiencing already the effects of their action but can't trace it to the cause.

It exists, call it Karma or whatever. But sowing is reaping.

3 Likes

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Abfinest007(m): 8:56am On May 07, 2023
Of course yes

1 Like

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Nobody: 8:56am On May 07, 2023
I'm broke and depressed, can't live any longer.
Being born in Nigeria is my greatest undoing.
I cursed the day I am born into this world.

Why is life so difficult and so unfair for a common man. I can't even feed, don't have what to eat and always struggle to afford food.
It's better to die, at least all pains and poverty will be gone.
All friends and family that refuse to help me while alive will be able to do fake love.

There is no God.
There is no karma
If there's God, bad people will not be enjoying while morally upright persons will be suffering.

I am really suffering

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U / Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? / I'm Losing Faith In Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.