Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,811 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu (49934 Views)

Babajide Sanwo-olu visits Femi Otedola, dines at his residence / Babajide Sanwo-Olu: 5 Things You Don’t Know About Lagos APC Governorship Candida / Kehinde Bamigbetan Dumps Ambode For Babajide Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:03pm On Mar 10, 2019
frowland:

Kano have a strange way of voting. If you are perceived do wrong, you are voted out.
Now let me educate indomie generation like you.
2003, kwankwaso was voted out for not endorsing sharia law in Kano ~ Shekarau won and introduced Sharia.
He was reelected 2007 solely due to his education reform.
2011, Kwankwaso won BUT buhari won the state against GEJ.
2015, there was a change wave and kwankwaso jumped to APC and again Kano voted along that line.
Now 2019, the Gov is videotaped receiving bribe. They all voted for PMB, BUT refused to vote for Ganduje although the vote count is still ongoing.
It totally have nothing to do with any sleeping voters.
In a nut shell you ended up saying NOTHING!!!
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by dingbang(m): 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2019
grin
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by 9jaRealist: 12:08pm On Mar 10, 2019
Dude has not even become Governor yet, and his personal purse-carriers are already slapping CITIZENS for getting near him... undecided

If/when he actually wins and is sworn-in, I pity any car that comes near his motorcade. Meanwhile, look at people actually defending him with obtuse drivel like “that’s his security” and “fake news” (even with video-taped evidence, a la Gandollar), and you see “Sh*thole” mentatility!
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by Honor10: 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2019
barojana:
Can u imagine. I can't imagine agbaje or gbadamosi doing that. Una eyes go soon clear for Lagos. When tinubu is finished with all of you in Lagos I go jeje go back to my fatherland in Ogun state. Even a whole Oyo don port, but because of a senseless grandstanding with igbos my people have left tinubus dynasty unchecked. What we are doing in Lagos isnt sophistication but suicidal politics.

Agbaje and Gbada are yoruba men yet you all condemn them simply because they want inclusivity. In fact na una know.

shut up! is it sanwon-olu that slapped him ni?
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by KunleyY19(m): 12:15pm On Mar 10, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Lolzzzzzzzz
Lagos youths are still sleeping!!! Kano youths are fully awake!!!
Koshi... Abba too is a political godson of Kwankwaso...
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 10, 2019
Nawa O..
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 10, 2019
barojana:
Can u imagine. I can't imagine agbaje or gbadamosi doing that. Una eyes go soon clear for Lagos. When tinubu is finished with all of you in Lagos I go jeje go back to my fatherland in Ogun state. Even a whole Oyo don port, but because of a senseless grandstanding with igbos my people have left tinubus dynasty unchecked. What we are doing in Lagos isnt sophistication but suicidal politics.

Agbaje and Gbada are yoruba men yet you all condemn them simply because they want inclusivity. In fact na una know.
This thinking is myopic and sentimental
You're allowing your hatred of Tinubu to cloud your judgement

Every single politician will do so
This man has a security phalanx all around him that follows him everywhere to safeguard his life

Why will I sane man try to dodge the security team and try to walk behind him ?
Who knows if he has nefarious intentions ? The team was just doing their job.
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by frowland(m): 12:21pm On Mar 10, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

In a nut shell you ended up saying NOTHING!!!

You can only read what you saw wrong?
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 12:22pm On Mar 10, 2019
That's for Security purpose, is it after they stab him or shoot him his security will react? A politician has just been murdered in Oyo State recently

1 Like

Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2019
9jaRealist:
Dude has not even become Governor yet, and his personal purse-carriers are already slapping CITIZENS for getting near him... undecided

If/when he actually wins and is sworn-in, I pity any car that comes near his motorcade. Meanwhile, look at people actually defending him with obtuse drivel like “that’s his security” and “fake news” (even with video-taped evidence, a la Gandollar), and you see “Sh*thole” mentatility!

so is it after they stab him or shoot him his security will react? A politician has just been murdered recently in Oyo State
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by bkool7(m): 12:26pm On Mar 10, 2019
I'm ashamed I voted for this oppressor yesterday. He should have apologized to that man and warned his overzealous security aid. That's what a good and responsible leader would do. I guess this is a sign of things to come

2 Likes

Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by Orugun: 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2019
This are the people we called leaders! He has not even been declared winner of the election and this his happening! May God save the common man from this animals.

1 Like

Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by bkool7(m): 12:30pm On Mar 10, 2019
OlawaleSmarter1:
That's for Security purpose, is it after they stab him or shoot him his security will react? A politician has just been murdered in Oyo State recently

Has any attempt ever been made on his life?

So you think it's every leaders that people want to kill?

That aid can be sued for public assault if the assaulted man decided to seek redress.
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2019
bkool7:

Has any attempt ever been made on his life?

So you think it's every leaders that people want to kill?

That aid can be sued for public assault if the assaulted man decided to seek redress.

So it is after they make an attempt on his life before his Security Start protecting him ? grin You can not get that close to any Artistes or celebrities in Nigeria talkless of a Politician and an incoming Governor. He is an incoming Governor and he need to be under protection, it is not after they get close to him and attack him before they start protecting him, you guys we also be the first people to blame his security for allowing someone to get close to him.
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by BluntBoy(m): 12:41pm On Mar 10, 2019
9jaRealist:

You people don't want to be realistic at all.

The security guards are doing their jobs. There is a limit you can get around the person they are protecting. If you pass that limit, you will be regarded as a threat. There are instances where politicians and celebs can meet people, in which case, the security details would not be so tight. But not at this period.

Let us do it this way. Next time Davido is performing, jump on the stage and see if the security guards would pat you on the back.
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by babadeee(m): 12:42pm On Mar 10, 2019
EastGold:
When we say Ó tó gẹ́

They said ó fẹ́ tẹ́

Now you've received a dirty slap

I say:

Ó t'ọ́pẹ́
mad BOI grin cheesy
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by BluntBoy(m): 12:45pm On Mar 10, 2019
OlawaleSmarter1:

So it is after they make an attempt on his life before his Security Start protecting him ? grin You can not get that close to any Artistes or celebrities in Nigeria talkless of a Politician and an incoming Governor. He is an incoming Governor and he need to be under protection, it is not after they get close to him and attack him before they start protecting him, you guys we also be the first people to blame his security for allowing someone to get close to him.

Don't mind those hypocrites.

I have been manhandled by police guards of a popular Nigerian pastor before . A pastor who is a supposed man of God o. And not because I even went close, but because I found myself in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by Kennydoc(m): 12:50pm On Mar 10, 2019
Printerscanner:

Your incoming governor in Ogun state was also nominated by Tinubu. So, where are you running to again? Tinubu has been 'imposing' governors in Lagos, but these governors have ALL performed better than ALL other governors in Nigeria.

Don't you guys get tired of repeating this nonsense?
So Ambode was better than ALL other governors in this dispensation yet he was denied 2nd term ticket? Isn't that stupidity on the part of your party leaders?
The reality is that Lagos governors are all overrated. Sitting on over half a billion budget per annum, even an idiot will seem impressive as a Lagos governor if they spend only a half of Lagos budget per annum. I mean we're talking about a state that already has infrastructure that many states cannot boast of in many decades. It's a state run largely by the private sector, so the government doesn't have that many workers on it's payroll compared to some other states. What do Lagos governors even do?

1 Like

Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by jaxxy(m): 12:55pm On Mar 10, 2019
That issue had nothing to do with sanwolu. If u check the guy who slapped him kept turning back to warn him like he knew his intentions nothing to do with the voting or anything sensible.

Possibly an area boy trying to get attention of sanwolu to beg or smtn.
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by lexy2014: 12:55pm On Mar 10, 2019
OlawaleSmarter1:

There's a difference between protecting a person & slapping people because u are a security man. If d security detail felt d man was a threat, d first thing to do was to briefly "arrest" him&search his person 2c if he was carrying a weapon. That will determine what action 2 take. Walking close 2a celebrity or politician hasnt been designated a crime by d constitution
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by BluntBoy(m): 12:56pm On Mar 10, 2019
OlawaleSmarter1:

Don't mind them.

When Abraham Lincoln was killed, he had only one policeman keeping watch over him. He was killed by a mere actor. Today, when the American president is in public, you will find snipers on nearly every rooftop in the vicinity. Get too close and wake up in hell.

It is not until one holds a knife that he becomes a threat.
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by lexy2014: 1:02pm On Mar 10, 2019
BluntBoy:

Don't mind those hypocrites.

I have been manhandled by police guards of a popular Nigerian pastor before . A pastor who is a supposed man of God o. And not because I even went close, but because I found myself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Does that make it right?

1 Like

Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by bkool7(m): 1:02pm On Mar 10, 2019
OlawaleSmarter1:

The guy in question was not even walking directly behind Sanwo-olu. The aid could have pushed him away but decided to assault him like a typical Nigerian police and Sanwo-olu didn't find it extreme.

After particular Jumat in Daura, people mobbed president Buhari that he couldn't enter his car. He had to trek the distance with the crowd walking behind him.
That's a president o

Same with Obama, he's famous for walking among crowds.

It's the manner the man was assaulted that baffles me. If he's a threat, why not apprehend him?

These feel when they are in high places, the common man should be trampled upon.

Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by AllenSpencer: 1:02pm On Mar 10, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Lolzzzzzzzz

Lagos youths are still sleeping!!! Kano youths are fully awake!!!

And Anambra and Abia youths are dead right?
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2019
That's bad.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by BluntBoy(m): 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2019
lexy2014:

There's a difference between protecting a person & slapping people because u are a security man. If d security detail felt d man was a threat, d first thing to do was to briefly "arrest" him&search his person 2c if he was carrying a weapon. That will determine what action 2 take. Walking close 2a celebrity or politician hasnt been designated a crime by d constitution

It is not everything that is spelt out in the law. As a matter of fact, there are four major types of law. One of these is civil law, which are largely unwritten and are sorted out by citizens through lawsuits.

The security guard did what he felt was right.

If he had arrested the man, you people would still have complained.

All I know is that the journalist that tried to get close to Obama (while he was president) was slammed to the ground and no one made any noise.
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by awoluyi(m): 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2019
That is part of his devident of democracy for the next 4 years.More of it, alainisę! Abalaye fòwò ti.
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by BluntBoy(m): 1:15pm On Mar 10, 2019
lexy2014:

Does that make it right?

Right and wrong is defined by the law. I am a mathematician, not a lawyer. However, I am sure the constitution is silent on the issue.

However, this is a civil law specific, if the man who was slapped feels offended, he can sue. Or maybe any lawyer in the house can help him.

As for the pastor case, I felt offended because I considered the matter more from a religious angle. Why would a pastor who claims invisibility when it suits him use soldiers and policemen as guards?
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2019
bkool7:

The guy in question was not even walking directly behind Sanwo-olu. The aid could have pushed him away but decided to assault him like a typical Nigerian police and Sanwo-olu didn't find it extreme.

After particular Jumat in Daura, people mobbed president Buhari that he couldn't enter his car. He had to trek the distance with the crowd walking behind him.
That's a president o

Same with Obama, he's famous for walking among crowds.

It's the manner the man was assaulted that baffles me. If he's a threat, why not apprehend him?

These feel when they are in high places, the common man should be trampled upon.

A politician has just been murdered recently, it is for security purpose and you guys are the one misinterpreting it
Re: Man Slapped For Trying To "Walk Behind" Babajide Sanwo-Olu by lexy2014: 1:23pm On Mar 10, 2019
BluntBoy:

It is not everything that is spelt out in the law. As a matter of fact, there are four major types of law. One of these is civil law, which are largely unwritten and are sorted out by citizens through lawsuits.

The security guard did what he felt was right.

If he had arrested the man, you people would still have complained.

All I know is that the journalist that tried to get close to Obama (while he was president) was slammed to the ground and no one made any noise.

U said there are 4 major types of law. Unfortunately, u were able to mention just one which doesn't support d action of security man in question. What of d other 3 types of law?

D security man didn't do what was right. He was overzealous which is characteristic of most of them in this part of d world. That is y I said, if d security man felt d guy was a threat, he should have arrested d man& searched him.

Ur story of Obamas security detail wrestling a journalist 2d ground is very untrue& highly inaccurate. Obama was one of d free minded presidents who walked freely among his citizens. He usually left his office& walk down d street 2 buy buggers& snacks 4 his staff. He walked into restaurants unannounced & interacted freely with people. So ur story about journalists doesn't jive.

In d US military, there's what is called d rules of engagement. This rule defines what a soldier must do when he or she comes across an unarmed civilian. A unarmed civilian cannot b shot or physically molested just because u feel he or she is a threat. D person can b arrested not slapped. If soldiers are expected 2b civilised in war, then secret service won't b "slamming" journalists 2d ground because of obama in a time of peace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MURIC: Hanan Buhari Flying On Presidential Jet Is An Inspiration To The Youth / Emefiele Names Monarchs, Army Generals, Judges As Accomplices - Sahara Reporters / Meet The Five Female Ministers In Buhari's Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.