Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People (10811 Views)

Oyo People Troop Out To Welcome Atiku (Video) / APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio) / Tinubu Imposing A Candidate On Oyo People Is Better Than An Igbo Man ~ Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by bkool7(m): 1:11pm On Mar 10, 2019
globemoney:

Haha, nothing is wrong about my thread expect your intelligence..

You thread is mischievous

You're quoting Ajimobi who erroneously assumed Secondus is Igbo.
That makes both of u wrong.
Yours is even worse cos you don't take corrections

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by oyatz(m): 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2019
Stop spreading fake news, Gov Ajimobi never mentioned Igbo.

asobo:
It's not your fault you don't follow politie but Ajimobi referred to Uche Secondus as an Igbo man who wants to impose Eng. Makinde on Oyolites. In as much as the OP is an APC apologist you need not argue with him because it wasn't Igbo's that voted but Yoruba's

Karma caught up with the governor @ Ajimobi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 10, 2019
Excaperx:
Secondus isn't igbo
But he is Igbo in the eyes of Ajimobi grin

Cc lzaa Sarrki

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by irepnaija4eva(m): 1:18pm On Mar 10, 2019
imam07:
For your idiotic mind, nah ibo man imposed Oyo gov? If pdp win in Lagos, nah ibo man imposed on Lagos too abi. See where pride dey lead ibos to. Nah that pride go finish all of you for east if u don't change. U think if ajumobi no Bleep up, can we hear pdp noise in Oyo state.
Also sekondus don suddenly turn to ibo man now.

Next time boy try to read and assimilate before displaying your misplaced hate towards a tribe that has no imposition capacity in any SOUTHWEST state..

The op was just quoting what the Governor said..

But is obvious u didn't see that..
Spread love instead bitterness..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
immhotep:

But he is Igbo in the eyes of Ajimobi grin

Cc lzaa Sarrki

Stop that trash is too early.

The new generations of have agreed that igbos are only found in SE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by asobo: 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2019
oyatz:
Stop spreading fake news, Gov Ajimobi never mentioned Igbo.

Please if you aren't informed stop arguing blindly. Have a nice day

2019: It’s better Tinubu imposed guber candidate on Oyo people than Igbo man, Secondus – Ajimobi
POLITICS
Published on December 15, 2018
By John Owen Nwachukwu
RELATED TOPICS:
The Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi has said it was better that the National Leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu imposed the party governorship flagbearer in the 2019 election, Adebayo Adelabu, on him than the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Uche Secondus, who he described as an Igbo man, to impose someone on Oyo people.
Ajimobi, however, said it was actually God who told him to make Adelabu the next Governor.
Ajimobi said the opposition party’s flagbearer, making the insinuation, should be more worried about a non-Yoruba in the person of Secondus who according to him, chooses and determines the party’s choice for the election.
This was part of the Governor’s speech at flag-off of the governorship campaign rally at an event which held at the Oke Ado state party secretariat, Ibadan.
He said, “Before I said Adelabu would be the governor, God spoke to me. And some people said it was Tinubu who told me.
“Please is Tinubu living in Ibadan with us? Even if Tinubu had even told me, is it not better than Secondus, who is an Igbo man, to tell them who should be their flagbearer?
“You all should know that with all these that we are doing, God is really with us because when we started, what we asked God was that if we will do well, God should help us to get there and if we won’t do well, he shouldn’t allow us to get there.
“How many politicians can say that? It is almost eight years and you all can see how well we have done.
“Before we came into power, when they tell you someone is an NURTW member, do you stay close to him?
“How well do you pass through Iwo road and other places around town? Is it not in fear and anxiety? But the story has changed. There is peace and even the NURTW members are now peaceful and gentle people.
“God sees my heart. It is God who made us choose Adelabu. All those who aspired for the ticket, there was nobody among them who was not qualified. We had people with first class and second class in various fields, but the scripture must be fulfilled.
“Among all those who contested for the ticket, God told me that I should pick the youngest person in age and when you look at the bible for the story of David, you will understand better.
“Please, the remaining of you that you contested for the post, I beg you to forgive me. Adelabu did not put himself there, God put him there. He only used us to get there and I assure you, he will not misuse it.”

1 Like

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 10, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Stop that trash is too early.

The new generations of have agreed that igbos are only found in SE
But Nzeogwu was from the SS and is said to be an Igbo man grin

Cc lzaa Sarrki

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by jayson87: 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2019
Excaperx:
Secondus isn't igbo
grin grin ;Dsee consolation
Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2019
immhotep:

But Nzeogwu was from the SS and is said to be an Igbo man grin

Cc lzaa Sarrki

Nobody buys that idea this around.
East speak igbo as language
Delta speak isoko, urhobo,delta,ukwuani, itsekiri as language.....

So the difference is clear.
Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by globemoney: 1:33pm On Mar 10, 2019
bkool7:

You thread is mischievous

You're quoting Ajimobi who erroneously assumed Secondus is Igbo.
That makes both of u wrong.
Yours is even worse cos you don't take corrections
The statement shows how yoruba leaders resort to ethnicity to win elections especially attacking igbos unprovoked.. That's what I wanted to point out. I'm not interested in how people choose to interpret it. If anything I thank the people of oyo for shaming the ethnic jingoist of governor

3 Likes

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by Roughdaege: 1:46pm On Mar 10, 2019
Igbos are still learners when it comes to nigerian politics,the Yourubas vote for candidate not party,we started with AD,latter ACN,some states voted for PDP before we finally moved to APC.This is good for democracy as no body cares who is the president or what party he represent,before the Tinubu and APC era states like Ekiti,OYO and ondo were pdp controlled,unlike our iPhone brothers who close their eyes and vote out of sentiments claiming a political party belongs to them and every other party is not welcomedin their region irrespective of the personality and credibility of the candidate.Today you guys are rooting for senate president under buhari's administration...You only want to sow where you didnt reap even the northerners you claimed owned APC still have some states controlled by PDP.My IPod brother lets play politics without bitterness whoever emerges as winner in Oyo gubernatorial election is a yoruba man and the incumbent was rejected because he failed woefully......Go and change the governors of Asia,IMO and Ebonyi because they failed the masses

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by sangresan(m): 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2019
oilPUSSY:

Ohaneze told Buhari that they will reject him again if there is any like third term...

They also rejected Ojukwu twice....So, stop making noise up and dan.

1 Like

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by deomelo: 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2019
These low self-esteem Igbos again. Must you Igbos always insert yourselves into a=everything? Why are you people so loud, so crude, so crass and anti social?

Are you the only people in Nigeria? Den don swear for you people ....

1 Like

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Nobody buys that idea this around.
East speak igbo as language
Delta speak isoko, urhobo,delta,ukwuani, itsekiri as language.....

So the difference is clear.
But Nzeogwu was an Igbo man from the SS who led the Igbo coup grin

Cc lzaa Sarrki pointzerom pythonamaka velocity25 virginfinder husbandsnatcha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2019
immhotep:

But Nzeogwu was an Igbo man from the SS who led the Igbo coup grin

Cc lzaa Sarrki pointzerom pythonamaka velocity25 virginfinder husbandsnatcha

Story
Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by backnbeta(f): 2:02pm On Mar 10, 2019
No! Finally, Oyo state get to choose their Governor! Shikena. You can't impose a Governor on us, aji see bi Oyo lan ri, Oyo o see bi baba eni kan...we are pacesetters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by globemoney: 2:07pm On Mar 10, 2019
deomelo:
[s]These low self-esteem Igbos again. Must you Igbos always insert yourselves into a=everything? Why are you people so loud, so crude, so crass and anti social?

Are you the only people in Nigeria? Den don swear for you people ....
[/s]
Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by Igold2: 3:04pm On Mar 10, 2019
*Mc gold data services
*_Data Plans_*
Buy cheap data plans for all networks
Note: 9Mobile, Glo and Airtel data prices reduced
*MTN*
1GB = #600
2GB = #1200
3GB = #1800
4GB = #2400
5GB = #3000
90 Days Validity
*9MOBILE* (price reduced)
250MB = #300
500MB = #450
1GB = #750
1.5GB = #1100
2GB = #1500
3GB = #2,250
5GB = #3500
11.5GB = #7,500
15GB = #9,400
27.5GB = #17,000
30 Days Validity
*GLO* (price reduced)
2GB = #950
4.5GB = #1900
7.2GB = #2400
8.25GB = #2900
12.5GB = #3800
15.6GB = #4700
25GB = #7500
32.5GB = #9100
52.5GB = #14000
30 Days Validity
*AIRTEL* ( price reduced)
1.5GB = #1,000
3.5GB = #2,000
5GB = #2,500
7GB = #3,500
All can be done via transfer/internet banking.
Thanks for ur usual patronage
*Call or WhatsApp +2348163195786*
Get your data delivered immediately
Valid for 3 months
Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by FortuneDeGreat(m): 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2019
horsepower101:
Uche Secondus is not an Igbo man.

He is from one of the minority groups in rivers state.

This has been made clear several times.

Keep igbos out of this nonsense.
I guess Uche is a Yoruba name, I guess you're more knowledgeable than Abiola ajimobi? I guess saraki is Fulani? I guess minority is a name of a tribe in Nigeria? Buffoon. Answer

1 Like

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by BabaRamota1980: 3:33pm On Mar 10, 2019
globemoney:
Tribalistic Yoruba leaders should learn to stop making careless statements against igbos as it will always backfire. I wonder how the Oyo state outgoing governor will be feeling right now.

Congratulations is in order for the projected Oyo state Governor Elect, Seyi Makinde!

The Tinubus are next if they don't get their house in order before the next elections..

How many times will Ikwerre people hammer your head before you stop calling them ibo?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

How many times will Ikwerre people hammer your head before you stop calling them ibo?
But they will become Igbo when any of them contests for president grin

Cc lzaa sarrki pointzerom velocity25

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by LZAA: 3:38pm On Mar 10, 2019
immhotep:

BabaRamota knows grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by BabaRamota1980: 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2019
backnbeta:
No! Finally, Oyo state get to choose their Governor! Shikena. You can't impose a Governor on us, aji see bi Oyo lan ri, Oyo o see bi baba eni kan...we are pacesetters.

Even in 2014 Ekiti went to PDP. In 2011 Ondo went to Labor Party. In 2018 Osun almost went to PDP. In 2019 Kwara has kicked out PDP. So Oyo kicking out APC is not against APC.

In each case the people were not against the adopted party in Yorubaland but rather stood against misrule by the occupant in Government house.

This was a statement against Ajimobi because he even lost his Senatorial bid.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by obaaderemi: 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2019
globemoney:
Here's the link in case you need it.
http://dailypost.ng/2018/12/15/2019-better-tinubu-imposed-guber-candidate-oyo-people-igbo-man-secondus-ajimobi/
What has Igbo man got to do with this? The people of Oyo state voted against poor government. The masses on the street of Oyo state do not even know who secondhand secondus is. grin grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 10, 2019
LZAA:

Even GEJ eventually became an Igbo man grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by BabaRamota1980: 3:44pm On Mar 10, 2019
immhotep:

Why not? You have to be smart in politics. If i be Ikwerre looking for position at federal i go be Igbo too for that moment. I go even wear isi agu and tie wrapper.

grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

Why not? You have to be smart in politics. If i be Ikwerre looking for position at federal i go be Igbo too for that moment. I go even wear isi agu and tie wrapper.

grin grin
Ok so they are Igbo sometimes grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by BabaRamota1980: 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2019
LZAA:

Buhari sef was not left out. He went to iboland and took chieftaincy, dressed as Iboman. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by worworbabe: 3:48pm On Mar 10, 2019
Op is stupid just like Seyi Makinde and his many thugs.

PDP has brought back thuggery in Oyo State. They are now on a killing spree

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2019
[s]
globemoney:

I see no way it breeds hate.. There has been a lot of anti igbo comments by yorubas during this election and at the appropriate time, we'll be bringing all of them up..
[/s]

Are you daft? Seconds isn't ibo !

You two rubbish tribes want to start your nonsense here

I don't know why both yorubas and ibos can't just be removed from Nigeria so the rest of us in the south will have peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by Deleayoone: 3:53pm On Mar 10, 2019
Roughdaege:
Igbos are still learners when it comes to nigerian politics,the Yourubas vote for candidate not party,we started with AD,latter ACN,some states voted for PDP before we finally moved to APC.This is good for democracy as no body cares who is the president or what party he represent,before the Tinubu and APC era states like Ekiti,OYO and ondo were pdp controlled,unlike our iPhone brothers who close their eyes and vote out of sentiments claiming a political party belongs to them and every other party is not welcomedin their region irrespective of the personality and credibility of the candidate.Today you guys are rooting for senate president under buhari's administration...You only want to sow where you didnt reap even the northerners you claimed owned APC still have some states controlled by PDP.My IPod brother lets play politics without bitterness whoever emerges as winner in Oyo gubernatorial election is a yoruba man and the incumbent was rejected because he failed woefully......Go and change the governors of Asia,IMO and Ebonyi because they failed the masses

Well done sir.. u spoke my mind ... even if nah animals that was been presented to the igbos under pdp , they would still vote for the animall... look at what is happening in Abia, should they have voted for that failure of a man again ??because he’s a pdp man , then vote am again. Am am sure if d guy decamped to apc and contested under apc he would surely lost the election ...in south west we vote for individual and personality not party ...thank you ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People by chydozane(m): 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2019
SECONDUS is an ANDONI man from RIVERS but we igbos accept him as our son case close

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samuel Ortom Celebrates His 59th Birthday Today / 2023 Presidency: Why PDP, APC Are Playing Games With Zoning — Vanguard / FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.