Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,288 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Now That Elections Are Over, What Next? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Now That Elections Are Over, What Next? (399 Views)

Elections: Some People Were Brought Up With Generational Hatred – Aisha / Elections Fever:brazilian Lady Goes Naked In Paint To Support A Politician(18+) / 2019: Olumba Olumba Releases Prophecies, Says 2019 Elections Will Shock Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That Elections Are Over, What Next? by Sugarbear007(m): 10:05pm On Mar 10, 2019
We all woke up, tryna tune to the daily news
Lookin' for confirmation, hopin' election wasn't true
All of us worried, all of us buried, and the feeling's deep
None of us married to his proposal, make us feel cheap
Still and sad, distraught and mad, tell the neighbor 'bout it
Bet they agree, parade the streets with your voice proudly
Time passin', things change
Revertin' back to our daily programs
Stuck in our ways, lust-(Kendrick Lamar- Lust)
The much anticipated elections have come and gone, like in every contest there are both winners and losers. Even tho some of us do not agree with the results announced, one thing that is certain is that there is little or nothing we can do about it as common citizens.
Now my question to you as an individual is that now that the elections are over, what next?? Will you wait for your elected officials to fulfill their campaign promises?, are you hoping that they will make the country a better place?, are you waiting for them to change your life?, will you go back to living a mediocre life of always complaining about the bad state of the country or will you wake up to change your life yourself
If there is one lesson I have learnt from everything is that these people don't give a rats a$$ about you and me. If there is anybody that can change your life it is you. You have to make that conscious decision to change your life to what you dream of.
In as much as the country is not favorable there are still people making it big and living their best life. My advice to everyone especially to us the youth is to develop our mind because that is our greatest asset and they know it, and that is why they have refused to upgrade our institutions. But thankfully this is the information age and anyone with a smartphone is free to tap from the vast knowledge available to the world. The internet could be a teacher or a distraction, So what I'm saying is learn a modern skill, read books, educate yourself to be a 21st century person and you won't have to worry about who sits on the throne. Don't be afraid to start small for great things have little beginnings
Chase your dreams and bring your imagination to life. Don't concern yourself with the hate being spewed on the net. Hustle for yourself cus nobody else will.
I look forward to seeing more informative posts gracing the front pages of nairaland instead of the usual celebrity thrash, graphic content and hate filled political posts.

Written by
D Gemini
Re: Now That Elections Are Over, What Next? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
Big brother Naija
Re: Now That Elections Are Over, What Next? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 10, 2019
The hustle continues plus BBN to distract us a bit.
Re: Now That Elections Are Over, What Next? by Gentleziggy(m): 10:28pm On Mar 10, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
The hustle continues plus BBN to distract us a bit.
d bbn stuff of a thing when is it coming up? wink
Re: Now That Elections Are Over, What Next? by Gentleziggy(m): 10:31pm On Mar 10, 2019
Buharideens should gear up to taste d bitter pill buhari has in stock for them shikena tongue
Re: Now That Elections Are Over, What Next? by dingbang(m): 10:31pm On Mar 10, 2019
Next level hunger
Re: Now That Elections Are Over, What Next? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 10, 2019
Gentleziggy:
d bbn stuff of a thing when is it coming up? wink
2 weeks time
Re: Now That Elections Are Over, What Next? by Gentleziggy(m): 10:42pm On Mar 10, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
2 weeks time
mmmmmm by then I go Don fry enough pop corn keep. Thanks wink
Re: Now That Elections Are Over, What Next? by raquel97: 11:47pm On Mar 10, 2019
BB Naija. Abi what else are you expecting

(1) (Reply)

Using Seducing Spirit To Marry Part 2 / Reincarnation/transmigration:is It Real Or Mere Traditional Believe? / Treasure Relationship Not Possession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.