Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,478 members, 7,954,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:02 AM

Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad (40058 Views)

Nigerian Woman Sells Swallow, Banga Rice For £10 Per Plate In The UK / Online Store Sells ‘thought Box’ You Can Put Over Your Head So You Can Think / How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by Smoke2015: 11:12am On Mar 11, 2019
In today’s world, the power of social media can not be oversized.

Everyday lives of people are being transformed globally, by something they posted on social media after people take it upon themselves to share. Even brands these days are using social media in more organic ways than ever to push their message to their target audience.

One of such examples, is one young man, who simply identifies himself as Billy, who posted about his Dad’s new doughnut shop– Billy’s Donuts, on micro blogging social networking site Twitter.

Billy posted:

My dad is sad cause no one is coming to his new donut shop �

His followers and other Twitter users were moved by his one line tweet which showed love and concern for his Dad that that they took it upon themselves to share, making it go viral. As at press time the said tweet has been retweeted over 200 thousand and liked by over half a million people. Yes you read right, half a million people. Imagine just 1% of that number actually patronising the store!

While we do not know if up to 1% visited the store, what known from Billy's update is that his Dad's doughnuts sold out because the tweet went viral. He was quick to share the address of the store once he saw that his initial tweet had gathered steam. He also shared the Instagram handle of the store which had 71 followers as at when he shared the screenshot. As the time of the post, the page has garnered over 49,000 followers. His Dad's store is also no doubt now one of the most popular private owned 'donut' stores in the US, thanks to his one liner on Twitter. The power of social media is simply phenomenal!

One thing is sure, Billy's Donut will have an overflow of customers for a minute, or even permanently if they taste as good as they look. Billy used social media to push his Dad's business, and that gave it a boost thousands of dollars spent on direct advertising will probably not have achieved.

Just wanted to update yall! We completely sold out of donuts and kolaches! You are all amazing. I can't thank everyone enough for coming out and supporting local businesses. This means so much to my family ❤️ pic.twitter.com/o3GQcKvVnG

— billy (@hibillyby) March 10, 2019

One thing is sure, Billy’s Donut will have an overflow of customers for a minute, or even permanently if they taste as good as they look. Billy used social media to push his Dad’s business, and that gave it a boost thousands of dollars spent on direct advertising will probably not have achieved.

There are a lot of lessons to learn from this story, the most important being that social media shouldn’t be used just for fun and banter. It should also be a channel to make money and promote businesses. You may not be as lucky as Billy, to post a life changing, viral one-liner, but you can still use it to promote your business and make good income as a result of using social media.

Long story short, be like Billy.

https://www.mojidelano.com/2019/03/power-of-social-media-mans-new-doughnut-store-sells-out-after-son-put-out-tweet-that-he-was-sad-because-of-low-patronage/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 11, 2019
Who else prefer the plain doughnuts with jam inside and little sugar on its body.

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 11:27am On Mar 11, 2019
fuckerstard:
Who else prefer the plain doughnuts with jam inside and little sugar on its body.
Stop arousing my appetite

130 Likes

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 11, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Stop arousing my appetite

cheesy

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by waleyp(m): 11:50am On Mar 11, 2019
I Love DOUGHNUT

3 Likes

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 11, 2019
grin choi his father became an over night success shocked get it Nigerians? This pure over night success not Nigerian over night oooooo

Bring your Adsense and website so I can buy them

5 Likes

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by MZEE01: 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2019
the dad was the one behind that handle. cool cool good strategy

2 Likes

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by vizkiz: 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2019
Never underestimate the power of the internet.

It is just a pity that most people on nairaland rather use their internet prowess to become tribalistic bigots and asslickers to politicians for peanuts.

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2019
Nice... in Nigeria, the lad may be ashamed his father is selling bunz. .

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by GSteve001(m): 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2019
grin
Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by JubrinElSudan: 1:20pm On Mar 11, 2019
The man even unfollowed 3 persons after his doughnut business became famous

30 Likes

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by Bakbillz44(m): 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2019
fuckerstard:

Love the jam part like crazy

3 Likes

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by jeremy042(m): 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2019
Watch out for this boy, he will make a good sales man.. If your biz is not on social media, you still in 1818 just hanging around in 2019..

2 Likes

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by BotherMleeper(m): 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2019
fuckerstard:

Why did you do that?!

Now I can't stop slobbering.

7 Likes

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by VaselineCrew: 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2019
who here has been to krispy Kreme Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by incogni2o: 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2019
I wonder what happens after today.

I hope they keep the customer traffic

This is when we'll know if the Doughnuts were awesomely made...

Soft,
Hot,
with a bit of Sugar around it,
and some Jam inside of it,
Oily, but not soo much that make your mouth oily too
Has it's own texture, Not like Puff Puff, Not like Buns

OH! I love Doughnuts.

I remember buying it in Secondary School during break time.

That time, It was just 10 Naira, Then they increased the Price to 20 naira.

We always rush it that time at the Tuck Shop

8 Likes

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by sinaj(f): 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2019
MZEE01:
his son.

The man is quite old
Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by JoeMaddog: 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2019
I just sent someone to get me doughnuts because of this smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by Michelle55: 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
The man even unfollowed 2 persons after he became famous
3 actually... When people becomes successful, they drift away from friends.

6 Likes

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by Dalexicographer(m): 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2019
People's life do change overnight... Example, the Kevin Hart drawer... But people's life get spoiled over the social media too... Depends on how you use it

1 Like

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by Sterope(f): 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2019
For me it is warm jam doughnut without sugar...heaven

fuckerstard:

2 Likes

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by Dalexicographer(m): 1:27pm On Mar 11, 2019
vizkiz:
Never underestimate the power of the internet.

It is just a pity that most people on nairaland rather use their internet prowess to become tribalistic bigots and asslickers to politicians for peanuts.
Ah swear undecided
Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by JayNok(m): 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
The man even unfollowed 2 persons after he became famous
I thought I was the only one who see the change in number of people is is following.. Before: following 15 .....after: following 12 grin grin grin He don become celeb na

1 Like

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by manikspears: 1:32pm On Mar 11, 2019
fuckerstard:

that is not doughnut at all,doughnut should have a hole,that your own na African doughnut cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by kay29000(m): 1:32pm On Mar 11, 2019
Nice store.
Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by Rickjordan(m): 1:33pm On Mar 11, 2019
wow just game them a follow...power of social media...very soon they'll get sponsors
Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by kayo80(m): 1:37pm On Mar 11, 2019
I'm sad because no one wants to buy my romance novels.

2 Likes

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by lonelydora: 1:39pm On Mar 11, 2019
Good son of a good father
Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2019
VaselineCrew:
who here has been to krispy Kreme Nigeria

Oddly, I haven't cuz I was never a fan of doughnuts in the past but with the chocolate and strawberry toppings I see whenever I pass by the krispy kreme shop, I want to taste it to know how good it is.

2 Likes

Re: Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad by espn(m): 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2019
MZEE01:
Why would u even think dat way..haba naija mentality...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State / Owoyemi Tajudeen, From Plumber To owner of 3 Radisson Hotels / When The Coffin Seller Says 'There Is No Market', What Does He Probably Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.