Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,220 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft (21900 Views)

FG Makes U-Turn, Says No Timeframe On Resumption Of Emirate Flights / UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens / Coronavirus: Ethiopian Airlimes Says They Have No Plan To Stop China Flights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 11, 2019
Reference:

Oga there are rules about dumping fuel. First you want to make sure what the problem is, then you call an emergency and tap to return to port. Then you have to find a suitable place to dump. All these take time, time you may not have if it is a critical emergency.

I hope no pilot will dump ten thousand gallons of highly flammable ATK while you are crawling to work on Third Mainland bridge traffic. There are rules man... rules.
The 737 is not designed to dump fuel Mr. Man and don't teach me about aviation rules. angry

1 Like

Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by Guyman02: 5:16pm On Mar 11, 2019
GoldHorse:
Una well so Air Peace?! Who una Wan take do confirmation? sad

No mind them, they are thinking only about the money, aircraft that experienced pilots and international pilots union have complained about it nose diving during takeoff due to faulty readings.

2 Likes

Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by gideonvalor98(m): 5:18pm On Mar 11, 2019
I think I read a guy testimony about one of airpeace aircraft having fault mid-air enroute from Lagos to IMO , how they survived when the pilot turned back to get the aircraft replaced. They should do the needful also by grounding any Boeing 737 in their fleet till further notice. Safety first...safety always
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by Guyman02: 5:18pm On Mar 11, 2019
Smily202:
Boeing is already responding to the problem of the aircraft, so there is no need to cancel what they have already orderd. If thier is any problem the grounded ones and the news ones will be fixed.

Responding very late, they hid the problem with the aircraft for business reasons sad sad
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by ghettochild4u(m): 5:24pm On Mar 11, 2019
Somebori somewhere has so much to lose if they should cancel d order...
They have inflated d price n shared d money..
So how u expect dem to cancel it...
Wicked people... Na plane go dey kill dem one by one n tjeirt children wey dem go put for abroad n making masses suffer

1 Like

Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by mumexcellency(f): 5:26pm On Mar 11, 2019
If you like your life. Pls avoid air peace like a plague. They recently had twice about to crash issues.

1 Like

Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by mexzony: 5:33pm On Mar 11, 2019
Reference:

I think this issue has been addressed many times over the years and the response has been constant. There just isn't a material in existence from which a big enough parachute(s) to cushion the fall of a 300 ton airplane moving with any sort of momentum. Such will be too big to carry and too complicated to deploy safely.

For the same reasons had parachutes for individual passengers been discarded as an unworkable idea. Too many people, too complicated a routine and moreover no two air crashes/incidents are ever the same. It is one thing to have an aircraft run out of fuel and slowly drift to peril over several hours and it is another for an instantaneous and catastrophic failure to the airframe to occur giving little chance of escape.

The world has come to accept that is it better to build better, more reliable and safer aircraft than to dwell on escape systems. Theyhave come to accept the random nature of accidents that no one escape system will work in all cases and if an airplane is in serious distress....you are essentially... done.
You are right.i read it on a science site. The whole idea is so complicated but what if the aircraft was built in such a way that it stores higly pressurised packets of air all around the plane and then depending on which direction the plane is falling or should I say if the plane is falling to the ground just about a few feet or meters this packes of air are release with such force such that it just counteracts all the speed of the fall there by making the plane hit the ground with less force. Think of it as having a engine that provides thrust downwards. I hope you get what am trying to say. Might seem wierd but I feel it may be feasible.

1 Like

Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by privaldo: 5:33pm On Mar 11, 2019
harley88:

shut up your mouth... read to understand

From the comments here it is obvious that nobody read thru the publication. Nigerians have to learn how to read and understand before reacting to stuffs. illiterates everywhere
Nice response man some Nigerians don't like reading they just want to be the first to comment as if there is a price, no wonder the saying 'the best place to hide something from an African is in a book'. cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by Fidelismaria: 5:53pm On Mar 11, 2019
angry angry

Check my signature
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by emmasege: 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2019
Who still flies locally in Nigeria? O.Y.O. is that person's case and may s/he not R.I.P. prematurely.
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by bumzylongs: 6:18pm On Mar 11, 2019
Una sabi pass China wey ban their own carriers abi...Nigerian love unnecessary risk
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by bankylan: 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2019
awelekiti:
The model way don record multiple crash history since 2016 abi? Okay ooh. Instead of learning from others' failures, Nigerians prefer making same mistakes and then, learn afterwards grin What an amazing country!

Stopwatch peddling lies....The first crash of this model was recorded 5 months ago in Indonesia. This is the second crash.
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 11, 2019
bankylan:

Stopwatch peddling lies....The first crash of this model was recorded 5 months ago in Indonesia. This is the second crash.
did I mention a particular date the first one crashed? When was the model released into the aviation market ? That's how you guys fail woefully. Olodo ragbada. Go Google the meaning of multiple mentioned in my comment and tell me what it means and where multiple numbers start from. grin
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by GoldHorse(m): 6:55pm On Mar 11, 2019
Guyman02:

No mind them, they are thinking only about the money, aircraft that experienced pilots and international pilots union have complained about it nose diving during takeoff due to faulty readings.

Dem dey form professionals instead make them think with their heads....

Another angle..... They could have over bloated the cost of the aircrafts.... So if the contract was canceled to refund go be gbege! grin grin
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by agarawu23(m): 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2019
Thank God I don't fly local flights angry
even Asia stopped the order of the particular model after their encounter last year and the one that happened in Ethiopia yesterday
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by InvertedHammer: 7:11pm On Mar 11, 2019
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 11, 2019

Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by princfred(m): 7:39pm On Mar 11, 2019
Reference:

I think this issue has been addressed many times over the years and the response has been constant. There just isn't a material in existence from which a big enough parachute(s) to cushion the fall of a 300 ton airplane moving with any sort of momentum. Such will be too big to carry and too complicated to deploy safely.

For the same reasons had parachutes for individual passengers been discarded as an unworkable idea. Too many people, too complicated a routine and moreover no two air crashes/incidents are ever the same. It is one thing to have an aircraft run out of fuel and slowly drift to peril over several hours and it is another for an instantaneous and catastrophic failure to the airframe to occur giving little chance of escape.

The world has come to accept that is it better to build better, more reliable and safer aircraft than to dwell on escape systems. Theyhave come to accept the random nature of accidents that no one escape system will work in all cases and if an airplane is in serious distress....you are essentially... done.
Obviously the worlds' approach is still not good enough. Individual parachutes still makes sense even if few people can be saved.
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by DGreatACO(m): 7:55pm On Mar 11, 2019
daddytime:
Na una family and village people una go use the aircraft for...
grin
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by OYAY(m): 8:12pm On Mar 11, 2019
This clown is saying balderdash, even technology advance country is suspending the service of this particular aircraft and this one is saying another thing; typical Nigeria bravado!!!
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by Ishilove: 8:16pm On Mar 11, 2019
Reference:

Oga there are rules about dumping fuel. First you want to make sure what the problem is, then you call an emergency and tap to return to port. Then you have to find a suitable place to dump. All these take time, time you may not have if it is a critical emergency.

I hope no pilot will dump ten thousand gallons of highly flammable ATK while you are crawling to work on Third Mainland bridge traffic. There are rules man... rules.
LMAO cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by Hugo7(m): 8:27pm On Mar 11, 2019
sexiestharam:
What?Air Peace really said this?They don't care about human lives but their business? It is time for all Nigerians to boycott this airline!
I agree...countries that have better safety precautions, better Engineers and so on have grounded this particular model of plane our people want to use human life to test Run..I hate seeing body bags of people just like that of yesterday..
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by khcode(m): 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2019
when china and Canada had suspended their order till further notice, also Grounded all their 737-MAX.
They should consider suspending it for now, i think BOEING doesn't get the automated anti-stall software in Max 8 model right at all.
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by greggng: 9:52pm On Mar 11, 2019
daddytime:

Any time wey I wan fly now I go first dey ask dem which aircraft dem wan use, then I go research on am before I proceed.

No be my body una wan take stone ground from up up...

God forbid..

I think one should be writing ones will before boarding incase one dies.
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by saintaustine(m): 9:53pm On Mar 11, 2019
Don't blame Air Peace.
Don't we have Aviation ministry.
Don't we have a government.

Who is Air Peace to say no, when the government says yes to the grounding of all B 737 Aircraft.
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by Uzee24: 10:19pm On Mar 11, 2019
Larryslim:
People are very deluded here, the fleets have not been delivered to Air peace, so they can't ground what they don't have.
How do you cancel something that you have not even received?
People are always quick to spew rubbish!

Lol...and how do U cancel what you have already received?
What pple are trying to say is that they should have just kept quiet and not said anything.
Again, outright cancellation would be a hasty action, rather, the order may just be played on hold pending the investigation. However, I even understand that there are many orders that have been placed and Air peace may not be top on the list.
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by Werehkpe: 11:20pm On Mar 11, 2019
Smily202:
Boeing is already responding to the problem of the aircraft, so there is no need to cancel what they have already orderd. If thier is any problem the grounded ones and the news ones will be fixed.

Abeg they should put you in one of those planes to test if the problems have been fixed.

Nonsense human being.
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 11, 2019
daddytime:

Any time wey I wan fly now I go first dey ask dem which aircraft dem wan use, then I go research on am before I proceed.

No be my body una wan take stone ground from up up...

God forbid..

How many times do you fly in a year?
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by Citizen0(m): 5:24am On Mar 12, 2019
*Flash*

ON AIR CRAFT.

Please always go to www.checkmytrip.com and insert your booking reference. You will be able to see the aircraft make and model for your trip. If it is Boeing 737-800MAX pls ask your agent to change this to another aircraft or possibly another carrier. Please be wise. Share until this new series is withdrawn by Boeing from our skies.

*@Liberator*
✋�
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by delgroveng(m): 6:05am On Mar 12, 2019
This is what Countries that consider lives more important than profit will be doing

The P.R.O of Air peace directive should be, They are reviewing their purchase of the said Boing Model to certify more Air worthiness of these model.

Federal Government Should also put a directive for a complete halt of purchase of any second hand used model of Boeing 737 with immediate effect.

Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by phiszo(m): 8:52am On Mar 12, 2019
Most Nigerians don't know how to read and understand.
Re: Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft by Sunday55: 2:49pm On Mar 14, 2019
They are not related. Peace Mass Transit is heavenly connected.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Dies As Gas Tanker Falls On Vehicles On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / PHOTOS: Tragic Accident In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State / Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.