Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,032 members, 7,810,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad (21911 Views)

Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Is Life Like As An Illegal Immigrant In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 10, 2009
hey all. I was watching a tv program about life in the diaspora for nigerians and believe me men it is nothing to write home about.
I feel so sad sad when i see my brothers and sisiters killing and humilating themselves all in the name of going abraod.
I also see our people crossing over libya and the meditarenian sea just to seek greener pastures there.
All these immigrants who finally get there end up washing toilets, becoming cleaners if lucky  while some others end up becoming illegal biz men and street urchins embarassed.
I want to ask everyone ths question,  Must you go abroad to make it? Life is'nt rosy  over there.  MY advice is that people aspiring to go there to hustle should think twice about it.
To my opinion i feel its better travelling abroad to study, for a vacation or for bizness. thats all. nothing else
I know things are bad in Nigeria but we must all think of how we can develop our country to make it a better place.
I welcome all your ideas, opinions and criticisms lipsrsealed
Here are some pix i found,   shocked
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2009
A would-be immigrant prays after being safely brought ashore from the motor tanker "Overseas Primar" by the Armed Forces of Malta at Anchor Bay on the northwest coast of Malta January 13, 2009. 161 would-be immigrants were rescued by the Marshall Islands-registered tanker on January 11 after finding themselves in difficulty while on their way to reach European soil from Africa, an army source said. (REUTERS/Darrin Zammit Lupi) # shocked
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2009
An unidentified immigrant from Nigeria looks at the TV in his store in Pamplona, northern Spain Tuesday Jan. 20, 2009 as President Barack Obama gives his inaugural address at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, Tuesday, Jan. 20, 2009. (AP Photo/Alvaro Barrientos) #
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 10, 2009
A would-be immigrant prays after arriving at the Puerto Rico beach on Spain's Canary island of Gran Canaria July 1, 2008. (REUTERS/Borja Suarez) #

1 Like

Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2009
A rescue ship tows a boat carrying 76 migrants aboard in Arona, on the Spanish Canary Island of Tenerife, Thursday Nov. 6, 2008, after it the intercepted while crossing over from Africa. (AP Photo/EFE, Manuel Lerida) #
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2009
Tourists look at a group of 45 would-be immigrants, including 10 believed to be minors, being treated by Red Cross workers after their arrival at the port of San Miguel in Tenerife, Spain's Canary Islands, on November 13, 2008. (DESIREE MARTIN/AFP/Getty Images) #
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Pharoh: 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2009
Watching
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by nethacker(m): 3:39pm On Nov 10, 2009
wat of the ones dat have made it abroad?
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 10, 2009
very few make it abroad as an illegal immigrant
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by frankkky: 5:35pm On Nov 10, 2009
@nettracker good question,i wouldnt advise my enemy to come to europe illegally,but some of us legals are doing well i beg
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by nethacker(m): 7:33am On Nov 11, 2009
frankkky:

@nettracker good question,i wouldnt advise my enemy to come to europe illegally,but some of us legals are doing well i beg
u hv spoken reasonably well unlike some idiots that will discourage all and sundry even wen u intend going as a legal immigrant.
Ofcourse i dnt expect an illegal immigrant to make it big anywhere except he/she will push drugs cool cool
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by busybody20: 3:01pm On Nov 11, 2009
What of PICTURES OF IMMIGRANT ABROAD WHO HAVE DECENT & WELL PAID JOBS?   undecided cool
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by vanitty: 3:03pm On Nov 11, 2009
nethacker:

wat of the ones dat have made it abroad?

abi o.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by saintneo(m): 3:07pm On Nov 11, 2009
busybody20:

What of PICTURES OF IMMIGRANT ABROAD WHO HAVE DECENT & WELL PAID JOBS?   undecided cool
excellent question!

@poster over to thee
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by walakolobo: 3:09pm On Nov 11, 2009
but the issue is not about those who have well paid jobs, why are you covering the issue? Start your own topic and call it pictures of well paid diasporians, then we will comment.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Kinkinatus(m): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2009
I think it would be wrong to blame the immigrants who travel abroad to look for  a better life. While it is extremely misguided to try to enter the western world illegally or use agents to attempt entry or risk ooneslife doing so, the real criminals are the national leaders (and big time bankers and businessmen) who deny these people the right to a basic means of livelihood in their home country. The leaders that steal money and resources meant for development and for the nation's interest and stash it away wherever they do. Those are the real criminals. These folks are just victims.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Redman44(m): 3:14pm On Nov 11, 2009
@Poster, you're only posting this because you are in a better position. Just thank God that you're comfortable. If I was the owner of Nairaland, I would take your post down. Your post and pictures smack of arrogance and disrespect for the feelings of others No wonder, people are migrating to other forums on the web. Nairaland is gradually becoming a place where people come and assuage their egos instead of finding solutions to the problems besieging Nigeria and Africa in General. However, Its a free world.

Mind you, I'm comfortable where I am. Peaceout.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by asha80(m): 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2009
Redman44:

@Poster, you're only posting this because you are in a better position. Just thank God that you're comfortable. If I was the owner of Nairaland, I would take your post down. Your post and pictures smack of arrogance and disrespect for the feelings of others No wonder, people are migrating to other forums on the web. Nairaland is gradually becoming a place where people come and assuage their egos instead of finding solutions to the problems besieging Nigeria and Africa in General. However, Its a free world.

is that true?
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Redman44(m): 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2009
asha 80

I don't want to spill out statistics on this thread. I respect Seun Osewa a lot and I want him to succeed exceedingly. Folks join Nairaland and after some months, they become inactive. Can they really be called forum members when they are not contributing anything to the threads or the development of the site.? Have you bothered to know what other stuff they are doing online? Do you know how many forums are being created daily by Nigerians? I was recently invited to one of these forums and though I've not signed up, the forum has solid content and intelligent members. Cheers, mate.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Lordfish(m): 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2009
Oh!! My God. May God Help Us Amen
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by busybody20: 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2009
walakolobo:

but the issue is not about those who have well paid jobs, why are you covering the issue? Start your own topic and call it pictures of well paid diasporians, then we will comment.

The topic says LIFE OF AN IMMIGRANT ABROAD,   until it was changed a moment ago to LIFE AS AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT ABROAD.

Having said this, who doesnt know life of an Illegal Immigrant would be tough?  undecided It's just like saying an SSCE holder applying for a Graduate Job in Nigeria which clearly says Minimum qualification is a Degree (second class upper)  undecided  

Redman44:

@Poster, you're only posting this because you are in a better position. Just thank God that you're comfortable. If I was the owner of Nairaland, I would take your post down. Your post and pictures smack of arrogance and disrespect for the feelings of others No wonder, people are migrating to other forums on the web. [b]Nairaland is gradually becoming a place where people come and assuage their egos instead of finding solutions to the problems bes[/b]ieging Nigeria and Africa in General. However, Its a free world.

The thing tire me too ooo the rate at which people spam nl with unnessary topics baffles me. If membership on NL would be paid for, I guess sanity will be on the forum like some other forums i belong to
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2009
grin grin grin grin funny. Nigerians will always react lipsrsealed
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by kokoye(m): 3:54pm On Nov 11, 2009
I know several people here in the states who came to study but are not out of status but have excellent jobs and live decent lives with their families. There are wrongful ways of becoming legal but some of these people have decided not to go that route. Some have their own legitimate business and all contribute to the ecomony back at home by sending money to their extended families.

What do you want such people to come and do in Nigeria . . start working the streets of abuja / lagos for jobs, while they see corrupt officials wasting citizens' lives away?

I am not encouraging illegal immigration but I also do not support corrupt Nigerian officials who have destoyed the future of that country.

How can one be patriotic when all the govt officials are only interested in lining their pockets at the citizens' expense?

Before you can beg people to return home, you must be able to convince govt officials to stop sending their own kids abroad for education, buying houses abroad and going for medical check up abroad.

Then we can talk about being patriotic.  How many people have died while while serving Nigeria, only for the corrupt officials to even pocket the money meant for the funerals?

Why are you begging poeple to come home when industries are leaving and you would need more than your two eyes as collateral to secure a small business loan? what else will there be to do other than kidnapping and stealing with the pen like everyone else?

We need to be true to ourselves.  You might be one of the 5% that is doing well (however) in naija but we must admit that things are not right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by eldee(m): 3:56pm On Nov 11, 2009
luizworld:

All these immigrants who finally get there end up washing toilets, becoming cleaners if lucky   while some others end up becoming illegal biz men and street urchins embarassed.

WOW!!!
This is extreme . . . I think you should research before making these opinionated comments.

luizworld:

I want to ask everyone ths question,   Must you go abroad to make it? Life is'nt rosy  over there.  MY advice is that people aspiring to go there to hustle should think twice about it.
Must you stay in Nigeria to make it??
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Johnpaul2k2(m): 4:01pm On Nov 11, 2009
Well,@poster.i understand what u mean. 1. We r underrating our country's image and status,2. People out there,nt only see nigeria as hungry country(which me are),rather taking everybody(including our government) as people with no ambition.but other d other hand,d hard condition,which i hav experienced in dis country is rather too fustrating which can make one 2 do anything humanly possible 2 survive,putting hand in all source of thing like yahooze,kidnapping,drug trafficking,etc.well to me,d bottom line is 4 our "to-so-called-rebrand government" to turn their mind a little bit look outside our country,see hw developed countries regard us.provide enivornment 4 employment 4 both gratuate n others.GOD PLZZZ BLESS NIGERIA [color=][/color]
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by busybody20: 4:03pm On Nov 11, 2009
luizworld:

hey all. I was watching a tv program about life in the diaspora for nigerians and believe me men it is nothing to write home about.
I feel so sad sad when i see my brothers and sisiters killing and humilating themselves all in the name of going abraod.
I also see our people crossing over libya and the meditarenian sea just to seek greener pastures there.
All these immigrants who finally[b] get there end up washing toilets, becoming cleaners if lucky  while some others end up becoming illegal biz men [/b] and street urchins embarassed.
I want to ask everyone ths question,   Must you go abroad to make it? Life is'nt rosy  over there.  MY advice is that people aspiring to go there to hustle should think twice about it.
To my opinion i feel its better travelling abroad to study, for a vacation or for bizness. thats all. nothing else
I know things are bad in Nigeria but we must all think of how we can develop our country to make it a better place.
I welcome all your ideas, opinions and criticisms lipsrsealed
Here are some pix i found,   shocked

Wrong assumptions. . . .

I wonder whats your beef with people abroad?   this topic has been discussed a lot of times on nairaland!

How many times has your visa abroad been refused?
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by pureminded: 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2009
Do Nigerians still wash toilet? cleaners etc ? We don open eye mhen , and how can some travel illegally ?Jump inside plane The only illegal i know is when ur visa expires  grin U don die cheesy But still it;s not that bad, atleast some people end up marrying white and get their pali, But this days , people ain't traveling wiv visiting anymore,Student visa is the real tin now , We have pride in Nigeria and nobody is ready to be embarrassed by one bomboclat police,So i think this only happens to 10% outta 100% nigerians abroad  cool

1 Like

Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by Freiburger(m): 4:08pm On Nov 11, 2009
to question, dont even think about it, it dosen't worth it.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2009
@POSTER

YOU SHOULD HAVE SENT YOUR PICTURES TO RULERS IN POWER RATHER THAN SENDING IT TO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF NAIRALANDERS.

LITERATE OR ILLITERATE, WHAT IS THE STATISTICS OF YOUTHS MAKING IT IN ABROAD AND WHAT IS THE STATISTICS OF YOUTHS MAKING IT IN AFRICA.

COMPARE IT AND GIMME THE ANSWER.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by kibra4u(m): 4:17pm On Nov 11, 2009
All this talk of immigrant and non immigrant abroad let who ever wants to go, go there if it does not favour him or her they will come back home cos i know of friend abroad even in China who are making it big time so let them be, its their life to live not yours. Abi.
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by saydfact(m): 4:20pm On Nov 11, 2009
so wat the fuss about this post?, lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Life As An Illegal Immigrant Abroad by MrCrackles(m): 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2009
walakolobo:

What is with you and "diasporans" sef
What is your beef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / Lady Shares Her Bitter Experience With GIGMotors / Zero Visibility At Toll/7up Road, A Case For Serious Concern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.