Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

School is not a scam - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School is not a scam (12087 Views)

My 4 Years In School Is About Going To The Dust / 7 Signs That School Is Not For You / Sending Most Naija Ladies To School Is A Waste Of Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

School is not a scam by africandictator(m): 4:37pm On Mar 11, 2019
School na scam , but i want you to imagine if there were no doctors , your sick mothers or fathers would probably not recover, imagine if some people did not learn how to fly planes , sail ships , to fix or build them both, the means to go to Malaysia , China , Dubai , Uk , turkey for the school hating hustlers and business men would have been very tedious and almost impossible. Accountants Help to handle and keep the monies of school hating hustlers and business men alike. Imagine if there were no lawyers to give legal backing and counseling to school hating hustlers and business men in times of trouble. Imagine if there were no judges to give justice , Tinubu and ambode are both accountants , they started from somewhere. Fashola is a lawyer. Dangote and Otedola and some of the millionaires are graduates, they all followed due process. Some of your favorite celebrities are graduates of one higher institutions in the country or abroad. The likes of Helen Paul , rmd , tiwa Savage , davido , dice ailes , bred , kiss Daniel , yemi alade, psquare , tuface , phyno , runtown, Teniola , burna Boy and zlatan ibile the supposed school na scam crooner are graduates...

My brother my sister , the only place I can hear this silly phrase “school na scam”is in Nigeria. before you open your mouth talk say school na scam make sure say you get better talent wey no need hindrance and you don Get better money . When I mean better money , I mean real money not temporary money! Let us stop glorifying stupidity... if you no go school and you Dey make money , respect those wey go because you both need each other for survival! .. everyone would not be rich and that is how it has been from time in memorial .. check your holy books! Even your most revered clergies,pastor adeboye, olukoya kumuyi , Chris , Oyedepo are all alumni’s of one higher institutions or the other! Do not be influenced by your ghetto or street!, the rich understands this , this is why they keep getting richer! Even uneducated and fortunate business men and women have children and relatives who are alumni’s of Ivy League schools. Even the head of louts in your locality have children in one school or the other ( home and abroad) if you go school and still venture into business or the entertainment industry you won’t die. I may not be making sense but I rest my case! School no be really scam except na you scam yourself! � bye

8 Likes

Re: School is not a scam by africandictator(m): 4:45pm On Mar 11, 2019
Sad
Re: School is not a scam by Gulher: 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2019
Those who say that are people who have likely failed at getting education.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: School is not a scam by africandictator(m): 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2019
Gulher:
Those who say that are people who have likely failed at getting education.
they say that to make themselves feel good..

2 Likes

Re: School is not a scam by DrBrainstorm(m): 8:06pm On Mar 11, 2019
If there is no school then there will be no nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: School is not a scam by reeblaze(m): 8:29pm On Mar 11, 2019
Accolades for the person that typed this. To be honest, I don't know the mentality some Nigerians have that makes them say "school na scam".

4 Likes

Re: School is not a scam by Bintabisiriyu: 8:35pm On Mar 11, 2019
My broda forget skul, lo sa se gbowo, Go buy laptop.

1 Like

Re: School is not a scam by essay123(m): 8:47pm On Mar 11, 2019
So burna boy went to the same primary school with me at portharcourt" Bereton montessori". I was there 92 to 94 �. Maybe he was my class mate self.
Aye mi oh

5 Likes

Re: School is not a scam by peacesamuel94(m): 9:24pm On Mar 11, 2019
it's in Nigeria you hear such things. And the saddest part of it, is that, the statement was coined by the youths in the country. Her supposed leaders of tomorrow. They abhor anything that will task them mentally.

And when those that endure the pain of tasking their faculties succeed. Nigerians will again, turn around to become their grandest patrons. It was how to their shame they've attained their present status.
The status of the irredeemably dependent consumer. So severe that they've even turned Importers of their own resources.
Do you know that Nigeria spend billions of Naira on fuel import. When they're in fact naturally blessed with the resource to locally carry out production.

No wonder our most influential celebrities so far have been entertainers, or should I say there's hardly any sector or industry in Nigeria that doesn't have links with entertainment. Is it the education sector, where ASUU strike has turned an annual concert.

Or poitics, where you hear of the singing/dancing senators. or perhaps the legislative contest where grown men, selected and chosen to represent the masses's interest, beat themselves up shamelessly, in the face of gaping media coverage for trivial reasons.
Or is it the religious sector name it.
A contraption engulfed by a circle of genetically demented band of notorious jokers. Yes that's what Nigeria has become or is becoming.
The citizens sing, clap, dance but can never think.

And funny enough the only remedy which obviously is education., that should be inculcated through the school system is what they still dare term as scam.

When European and Asian Economic powers that have scaled and are still scaling giant heights light years beyond ours , are acting like they've not started. Good old Nigeria still stuck in the 12th century already thinks her only salvation is a scam. Pitiable.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: School is not a scam by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 11, 2019
If school is a scam, why dont you try ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: School is not a scam by Tohsynetita1: 10:30pm On Mar 11, 2019
School is a scam I agree, but education is not a scam, and the only place to get educated in this part of the country is by schooling. Education is more than a 4 walled classroom.

6 Likes

Re: School is not a scam by Hahjascho(m): 11:14pm On Mar 11, 2019
Tohsynetita1:
School is a scam I agree, but education is not a scam, and the only place to get educated in this part of the country is by schooling. Education is more than a 4 walled classroom.
No, be clear don't get it twisted..... schooling no be scam....but you were trying to make a point.

1 Like

Re: School is not a scam by africandictator(m): 6:34am On Mar 12, 2019
Bintabisiriyu:
My broda forget skul, lo sa se gbowo, Go buy laptop.
� because of temporary money , who says one cannot Sa se and still be a graduate.. �
Re: School is not a scam by africandictator(m): 6:39am On Mar 12, 2019
peacesamuel94:
it's in Nigeria you hear such things. And the saddest part of it, is that, the statement was coined by the youths in the country. Her supposed leaders of tomorrow. They abhor anything that will task them mentally.

And when those that endure the pain of tasking their faculties succeed. Nigerians will again, turn around to become their grandest patrons. It was how to their shame they've attained their present status.
The status of the irredeemably dependent consumer. So severe that they've even turned Importers of their own resources.
Do you know that Nigeria spend billions of Naira on fuel import. When they're in fact naturally blessed with the resource to locally carry out production.

No wonder our most influential celebrities so far have been entertainers, or should I say there's hardly any sector or industry in Nigeria that doesn't have links with entertainment. Is it the education sector, where ASUU strike has turned an annual concert.

Or poitics, where you hear of the singing/dancing senators. or perhaps the legislative contest where grown men, selected and chosen to represent the masses's interest, beat themselves up shamelessly, in the face of gaping media coverage for trivial reasons.
Or is it the religious sector name it.
A contraption engulfed by a circle of genetically demented band of notorious jokers. Yes that's what Nigeria has become or is becoming.
The citizens sing, clap, dance but can never think.

And funny enough the only remedy which obviously is education., that should be inculcated through the school system is what they still dare term as scam.

When European and Asian Economic powers that have scaled and are still scaling giant heights light years beyond ours , are acting like they've not started. Good old Nigeria still stuck in the 12th century already thinks her only salvation is a scam. Pitiable.
I agree with this your write up 100 percent. no wonder buhari called Nigerian youths lazy, when he meant lazy he probably meant mental laziness and weakness, many are afraid to go through the rigors of education for a bit. The painful and funny thing is that most of the people shouting the “school is scam” phrase are people who are graduates of primary and secondary schools, who could not proceed to the higher institutions due to one reason or the other.. now who is playing themselves

3 Likes

Re: School is not a scam by africandictator(m): 6:42am On Mar 12, 2019
reeblaze:
Accolades for the person that typed this. To be honest, I don't know the mentality some Nigerians have that makes them say "school na scam".
Naija mentality and thanks
Re: School is not a scam by Tohsynetita1: 6:43am On Mar 12, 2019
[quote author=Hahjascho post=76572994]No, be clear don't get it twisted..... schooling no be scam....but you were trying to make a point.[/the reason why i just say it might be a scam has what op wrote was because some did not go school and were educated,zukerberg left school because he sensed that the dream he had may be disturbed by the school he was attending then,those that didn't go to school and are successful men and women had a great dream and focus to achieve it. But their not going to school does not mean they are not educated, they might even be educated than those that are in school quote]

2 Likes

Re: School is not a scam by Fidelismaria: 6:48am On Mar 12, 2019
School na scam school na scam yet dem they get first degree, school na scam school na scam yet dem dey do masters

Mumu people

Anyways

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: School is not a scam by africandictator(m): 6:53am On Mar 12, 2019
[quote author=Tohsynetita1 post=76577165][/quote]brother do not be misguided, do you know that both mark zuckerberg and bill gates went back to obtain their degrees in Harvard? Do you know the level of intelligence required to get into Harvard , these guys did not drop out just from any school in the USA , but from one of the best schools the country could boast of.. they did not drop out from unilag, oau, ui, uniben , yabatech or abu. These were people who wanted to impact the world!

1 Like

Re: School is not a scam by africandictator(m): 7:04am On Mar 12, 2019
See his caption on the post

Re: School is not a scam by Martinez39(m): 7:08am On Mar 12, 2019
"School na scam" is the slogan of youths who think the purpose of education is to gave them fast and easy cash. Why won't the standard of education fall in this country when education is not appreciated and seen for what it is but as a means to get money? If you want money, go and learn a business or study "top" courses but if you want to be educated and informed, go to school. I remember a story on nairaland about a lecturer teaching quantum mechanics and as he was saying and writing "dee psi dee x" (physics students should understand), a student asked him how that can be applied in the job market. What a bad approach and mentality towards education.

Until we start seeing education for what it is and appreciating it rather than seeing it as means to get a job and start earning good cash, the standard of education and the quality of our graduates will continue to be pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: School is not a scam by Bintabisiriyu: 7:10am On Mar 12, 2019
africandictator:
� because of temporary money , who says one cannot Sa se and still be a graduate.. �
i neva thought of dat bro

1 Like

Re: School is not a scam by africandictator(m): 7:16am On Mar 12, 2019
Martinez39:
"School na scam" is the slogan of youths who think the purpose of education is to gave them fast and easy cash. Why won't the standard of education fall in this country when education is not appreciated and seen for what it is but as a means to get money? If you want money, go and learn a business or study "top" courses but if you want to be educated and informed, go to school. I remember a story on nairaland about a lecturer teaching quantum mechanics and as he was saying and writing "dee psi dee x" (physics students should understand), a student asked him how that can be applied in the job market. What a bad approach and mentality towards education.

Until we start seeing education for what it is and appreciating it rather than seeing it as means to get a job and start earning good cash, the standard of education and the quality of our graduates will continue to be pathetic.
word!
Re: School is not a scam by encryptjay(m): 7:44am On Mar 12, 2019
School is never a scam. Without school, it's not easy getting educated in this country.
We ought to stop thinking school is a means to make money or gain employment. Gone are those days.
Infact, with money, schooling is actually interesting.

1 Like

Re: School is not a scam by Dacronym(m): 7:49am On Mar 12, 2019
Education is Very Important!
But is not a do or die affair and Not for everyone. Consider your own unique Circumstances

Meanwhile See siggy for Quality Customised Soccer Jerseys For Sale 10k naira per Jersey Only

1 Like

Re: School is not a scam by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 12, 2019
Education na scam, but your dream na to buy Benz, wey people with education create.

Education na scam, but if you sick you look for doctor, another product of long years of Education

You want to live in the best houses, but the plan for these were drawn by very educated and smart people

You want to Facebook and tweet, but these are all products of great educated minds.

Fools, justifying their foolishness. You want luxury you want to live large, at other people's expense. When you can't think for yourself. Bunch of dimwitted retards.

3 Likes

Re: School is not a scam by africandictator(m): 12:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
iodineadamatine:
Education na scam, but your dream na to buy Benz, wey people with education create.

Education na scam, but if you sick you look for doctor, another product of long years of Education

You want to live in the best houses, but the plan for these were drawn by very educated and smart people

You want to Facebook and tweet, but these are all products of great educated minds.

Fools, justifying their foolishness. You want luxury you want to live large, at other people's expense. When you can't think for yourself. Bunch of dimwitted retards.
funny and true
Re: School is not a scam by potbelly(m): 2:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
In this sphere the education system is on a decline...

How many of you were taught things that are applicable in today's world...

Some senior Lecturers teaching with the same hand out they taught with when they first entered as graduate assistant...

When you try to be innovative in your approach... They mark you down as someone who wants to show himself so you jejely resort to their approach LA cram LA pour...

Some teach things such as deriving formula that can take 3 or 4 pages but not how to apply such formulas

So what do you call that sort of system?
Re: School is not a scam by africandictator(m): 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2019
potbelly:
In this sphere the education system is on a decline...

How many of you were taught things that are applicable in today's world...

Some senior Lecturers teaching with the same hand out they taught with when they first entered as graduate assistant...

When you try to be innovative in your approach... They mark you down as someone who wants to show himself so you jejely resort to their approach LA cram LA pour...

Some teach things such as deriving formula that can take 3 or 4 pages but not how to apply such formulas

So what do you call that sort of system?
in conclusion?
Re: School is not a scam by Olibboy: 3:54pm On Mar 12, 2019
Everybody with their own grace... but we never see buahri waec result

1 Like

Re: School is not a scam by potbelly(m): 6:41pm On Mar 12, 2019
The education system in schools is decayed but can be revamped... Then again... Education in one way or the other comes from continuous learning... So you don't necessarily need to be in the four walls of a classroom to be educated..

africandictator:
in conclusion?
Re: School is not a scam by osaskywire: 8:18pm On Mar 12, 2019
School na scam 4 Nigeria don't get it twisted... Get that shit right....
Re: School is not a scam by africandictator(m): 1:25am On Mar 13, 2019
osaskywire:
School na scam 4 Nigeria don't get it twisted...
Get that shit right....
nigeria own self too much

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Helpful Tips For Getting A Study Scholarship / The Ebonyi State University Post Ume Test Is Out / Osun Government Reassigns Students To Different Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.