Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,010,494 members, 7,358,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 March 2023 at 01:46 AM
Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Detect And Remove Virus/malware Safely From Android Or Tablet (547 Views)
6 Ways To Detect A Fake Phone / 5 Ways How To Detect And Remove Virus/malware Safely From Android Phone / How To Detect And Remove Virus/malware Safely From Android Phone Or Tablet (2) (3) (4)
|How To Detect And Remove Virus/malware Safely From Android Or Tablet by Pekuliar: 4:56pm On Mar 11, 2019|
No system is completely impenetrable, however, it's important to know that, your phone can be infected with viruses and other malware. With so much personal data is stored on Android devices, including photos, messages, contacts, and of course every sensitive piece of information in every email account linked to your device!
How to Detect if Your Phone Has Been Infected by Virus.
Below are the meaningful signs for you to spot if your phone has been infected by a Virus (mostly malware).
1. Battery Drainage: All of these unauthorized functions in the background will ultimately cause your battery to drain quite quickly because your phone has a virus. So if you notice signs such as drastic drainage in your battery or your phone heating up even if you’re not excessively using it, be alarmed.
2. Excessive Pop-ups: This is one of the most obnoxious and obvious signs of them all. If you’re seeing uncalled for ads, reminders and unfamiliar system warnings, then the integrity of your phone may be compromised. This will result in slowing your phone and wasting your data. Also, you are potentially installing even more malware.
3. Spikes in your Data Usage: should be the first sign that your phone is infected. Phones that are infected with adware (advertising ware) maliciously perform clicks in the background to spawn the profit for cybercriminals. Try to compare your current mobile data charges to the billings of previous months and spot any unusual activity.
4. Unexplained SMS Charges: Adware also sends text messages to premium-rate numbers without the user’s consent and accordingly, charges you behind your back if your phone has a virus.
5. App Auto-Installation: Also, you may have foreign Apps that you don’t recall installing to your phone. Trojan malware is known especially for downloading apps on your phone that is identical to popular apps.
Cybercriminals and hackers, later on, change them to their original form through app updates.
What Are The Best Ways to Get Rid of Virus on Your Mobile?
In most cases, a hard reset may be the only option. However, this comes at a huge price as you lose other valuable data that have not been backed up before the attack.
Fortunately, you can get rid of the virus without having to factory reset your phone. This is possible if the infection is not that much.
Generally, the following steps will work for most Android phones;
• Hold the power button on your phone until the ‘’Power Off’’ option appears.
• Tap and hold to the ‘’Power Off’’ option until the ‘’Safe Mode’’ option appears.
• Go back to your Application Manager and Uninstall those apps.
If the Apps are Clinging to Your Phone By Their Administrator Access:
Consider the Following:
• Head to Settings >> Security >> Device administrators
• Locate the app that refuses to uninstall
• Un-check the box
• Next, tap on “Deactivate”
• Head back to your Application Manager again and uninstall the app.
After getting rid of these suspicious/malicious apps, restart your phone to complete the process.
China Phones / Help A Brother / One Week Used Brand New Iphone 5s Forsale
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152