Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ (26702 Views)

Ios 14 First Take: Apple Launches A New Iphone Home Screen, Siri, Widgets, Pictu / Can Apple's Siri Understand Nigerian Pidgin? / Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by TechCapon(m): 5:09pm On Mar 11, 2019
TechCapon

Apple is a very secretive company as we already know but most iPhone users know what Siri is and may have used it already. For those who may not know, Siri is Apple’s version of Google Assistant. It is Apple’s own personal assistant on iPhones and iPads. That female robotic voice you hear whenever you use Siri actually belong to a real human being. Her name is Susan Bennett and she is a successful voice actor!

Her voice is probably one of the most popular female voices in the world right now because anyone who has used an iPhone from 2011 till date has actually heard her voice and we are talking hundreds of millions if not a billion people. CNN was shocked when a woman came to them and told them her voice is the voice of Siri. “I’m the actor who provided the voice for Siri,” she told CNN. They didn’t believe her at first, they had to hire a professional audio forensics expert to analyse her voice. Ed Primeau, the expert studied the two voices and confirmed they are 100% identical, a perfect match!

SUSAN BENNETT: VOICE OF SIRI

At first, she didn’t know her voice was used for Siri until a colleague at the office told her about this new Apple phone that sounds just like her. She said as soon as she heard it, immediately, she knew it was her voice. In 2005, she was hired she was hired by Apple to record her voice by reading random words and phrases. She didn’t know what the voice was going to use for an Apple is a secretive company refused to tell her.

She would read long letters for 4 hours every day and she thought the job was a boring job. The gig lasted for a month. That voice was later used for Apple’s robot assistant called Siri. Funny enough, they didn’t even tell her that her voice will be used. Apple later introduced a male (Siri) voice option for Apple in some countries.

Susan Bennett is a successful voice actor who has worked for big brands like Apple, Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, Delta airlines, and much more. Next time you hear that husky female robotic voice, just know it belongs to Susan Berrett!

WATCH VIDEO HERE

source:https://techcapon.com/meet-susan-bennett-the-woman-behind-the-voice-of-siri/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 11, 2019
Us wey no dey use apple see as we dey look this post like dummy

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by TechCapon(m): 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2019
kingemzy5:
then you should buy apple even if it's iPhone 4, all na apple grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Raydos: 5:50pm On Mar 11, 2019
No be only apple, Nah mango

31 Likes

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 11, 2019
Isn't it uncanny that Apple would use someones voice in an AI platform without actually informing the person

Could there be other dark and mysterious dealings with Apple, yet unknown. undecided

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by MKULTRA: 7:22pm On Mar 11, 2019
Android users grin grin grin

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Roon9(m): 8:10pm On Mar 11, 2019
I knew I'd be disappointed!
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by reeblaze(m): 8:10pm On Mar 11, 2019
kingemzy5:

you and who? so you never hear of Siri before? grin

8 Likes

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by OkunrinOloro: 8:11pm On Mar 11, 2019
I should buy iPhone 4 even after Apple confessed that they slow down the operating systems on their older phones? Bros you no kind.

TechCapon:

5 Likes

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by TechCapon(m): 8:29pm On Mar 11, 2019
OkunrinOloro:
I should buy iPhone 4 even after Apple confessed that they slow down the operating systems on their older phones? Bros you no kind.

half bread is better
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by TechCapon(m): 8:32pm On Mar 11, 2019
questechie:
Isn't it uncanny that Apple would use someones voice in an AI platform without actually informing the person

Could there be other dark and mysterious dealings with Apple, yet unknown. undecided
nothing mysterious. It's just Steve Jobs philosophy to be very secretive

1 Like

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by MobileGees: 8:41pm On Mar 11, 2019
kingemzy5:

Android get too
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by OkunrinOloro: 8:57pm On Mar 11, 2019
Bros, Apple are just fraudsters and conmen and I'm not ready to step into their trap. To this day nobody has been able to convince me of one genuine advantage which Apple has over Android.
They are both on the same level technologically speaking, but Apple is overpriced in order to make gullible consumers feel that they are paying for a superior product.

TechCapon:
half bread is better

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by TechCapon(m): 9:15pm On Mar 11, 2019
OkunrinOloro:
Bros, Apple are just fraudsters and conmen and I'm not ready to step into their trap. To this day nobody has been able to convince me of one genuine advantage which Apple has over Android.
They are both on the same level technologically speaking, but Apple is overpriced in order to make gullible consumers feel that they are paying for a superior product.

of course everyone knows that. Apple has no real advantage over Android. The security they were boasting about was hacked by a 14 year old teenager not too long ago. The FaceTime saga

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Harry00(m): 10:36pm On Mar 11, 2019
TechCapon:
my broda
no joy oo

1 Like

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 11, 2019
kingemzy5:

Lmao souls dey this nairaland ,,, even when person get bad day una get way of lighting person mood

Good bless lala for this forum cheesy

TechCapon:

5 Likes

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by cybriz82(m): 10:53pm On Mar 11, 2019
OkunrinOloro:

Lolzzz bro no kind at all... Na wicked kind.
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:31pm On Mar 11, 2019
I just came to book space in first page , before this post hits front page grin
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Offpoint1: 11:55pm On Mar 11, 2019
Let me go back to my sleep, the only siri I know na iya siri wey dey sell beans for my side.

7 Likes

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by kushercain: 12:47am On Mar 12, 2019
The same Siri that blackmailed granddad into almost marrying her

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Kingluqman(m): 1:09am On Mar 12, 2019
Siri kor... Syria ni grin
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Aragbiji: 1:29am On Mar 12, 2019
questechie:

You didn’t read the part of the post that said she was employed by Apple in 2005?
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Aragbiji: 1:33am On Mar 12, 2019
TechCapon:
of course everyone knows that. Apple has no real advantage over Android. The security they were boasting about was hacked by a 14 year old teenager not too long ago. The FaceTime saga
You people have started again with your shitty talk .
Why are you non-Apple users always carry Apple matter for head like gala ?
Why so much insecurity?
I’ve been switching iPhones since 2015 ,and I’ve always been verbally tracked by android fanboys even when I never raised any conversation with them .
Even someone I barely know was verbally attacking me at a cafe the other day because I use an iPhone .
Wtf is wrong with you people for heavens sake !
Abah !

9 Likes

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Aragbiji: 1:35am On Mar 12, 2019
OkunrinOloro:

To hell with anyone trying to convince you .
Use your android and leave those using iPhones the fukk alone!
What’s your problem for heavens sake!

2 Likes

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by lonelydora: 4:56am On Mar 12, 2019
Apple still dey reign?
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by folake4u(f): 5:38am On Mar 12, 2019
Wow smiley.
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by 3rdavefarms(m): 5:38am On Mar 12, 2019
Siri that is rude

Me: Siri how Ola are you ?

Siri: I’m old enough to help you out

Me: Siri what do you do for a living

Siri: same job your mother does

Me: Siri you are a bastard

Siri: I don’t exchange words with people of your caliber

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Khd95(m): 6:40am On Mar 12, 2019
Siri kho asari ni
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Dreyl(m): 7:14am On Mar 12, 2019
Good
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:18am On Mar 12, 2019
TechCapon:
nothing mysterious. It's just Steve Jobs philosophy to be very secretive
Siri vs Alexa vs bixby vs Google Assistant
Which is the best in your opinion...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Switch To A New Smartphone Without Losing Your Whatsapp Chats / The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic / 6 Ways Your Password Can Be Cracked By Hackers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.