Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,846 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:17 PM

Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm (15800 Views)

Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 / APC Raises Alarm Over Withdrawal Of Customs, Immigration Personnel From Border / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by tkb417(m): 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2010
Sagamite:

I don't agree with you at all.

All economic philosophy is saying the income gap is widening. Even in the West where there is some govt attempt to cater for this, talkless of a third world country with a totally useless legistlation chamber.

Economic theory is saying the rich are getting richer and the poor poorer. I am sure you are aware of this.

So because graduates have a salary increase does not necessarily mean it is the same for artisans or in similar proportions. Things do not work like that.

Furthermore, you are talking about elite hires in an industry that was growing. I am very very confident that the N150K figure is not for every grad hire in banks, most likely it is for those of grad scheme. I doubt it changed much for grads in other roles or industries, talkless of artisans.

I don't even think civil servants have had 100% increases from 2003 to now.

Furthermore, does you figure encomprise the salary slashes post Sanusi?
bro

i am not discussing economic theories oh

i am telling you between 2003 and 2008, their was an unprecendented increase in wealth creation from the rich to the down trodden

in Nigeria, the rich prospered cos they had access to liquidity from the banks and hence could do enough deals, could go international et al

The middle class was created also cos the multinationals increased the pay of their staffs, peformance related incentives were given out, peeps like started riding state of the art cars which ordinary were meant for the super rich

these activities in the upper and middle classes trickled down to the masses cos an average Nigerian like me now employs a driver and pays him 60k monthly instead of 20-30k, the peeps u call poor had access to liquid cash to undertake some petty ventures,  More contract workers were employed in our factories cos of the increased activities in the factories, guys like me could afford to set up petty trading businesses for momma and poppa in the villages, landlords jacked up their rents to partake in the new money, market women in the absence of any inflationary incidence, jacked up commodity prices to partake in the 'loot'.

Bro, if you know how your micro economic agents work and depend on each other for survival, you will know any sort of boom in any country would affect the general citizenry. Maybe i should let you know that access to funds even to the market women were almost unbridled as the banks were chasing almost avery dick and harry to take loans.

im sure you know an economic system where access to cash is high, then economic activities in such a setting would be high. Autotraders were on the increase, as more Nigerians started buying bigger cars, the economy became a bit sophisticated and oh yeah, we all were smilling b4 sanusi

ok post sanusi, adjust for 30% loss of economic fortunes, are we back to 2003 era?

hell no

you know what saga, believe whatever u believe, but i dont think 70% of Nigerians live on less than $1 a day

lets go and look for women abeg grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by honeric01(m): 6:59pm On Sep 07, 2010
seanet02:

@sagamite and honerich, why cant you make peace at once and fight this logically rather than pouring abuses on each other, you are both INTELLECTUALS and why all this?

When u want to catch a monkey, you behave like one grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sagamite:

Oh, amsorry!

Did I break your concentration!

So you now turn around that "not these farmers"?

So which farmers were we talking about and calculating average living wage before you opened you moronic gob to say they must be using labourers?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-507378.288.html#msg6713918

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Can you see what is in the link or is it bawomolo's post you see? grin

slowpoke, let me quash your moronic points further. It is said the earnings of this farmers are high so it is reasonable to say they are, at worst, a representative of the average of the farmers in the area. Foooool! Think and stop vomiting.

Nope, i am talking about the whole farmers in that area including the 90 farmers, are u trying to tell me that all the 90 farmers farm on their own without workers? undecided
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2010
honeric01:

Nope, i am talking about the whole farmers in that area including the 90 farmers, are u trying to tell me that all the 90 farmers farm on their own without workers? undecided

Explain to me how a farmer that on average spends N3700 per month on labour can hire workers?

How did you come to the conclusion that the N96 per day was not their living wage, and they most likely left the farm to workers and engaged in other businesses?
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by honeric01(m): 7:15pm On Sep 07, 2010
Sagamite:

Explain to me how a farmer that on average spends N3700 per month on labour can hire workers?

How did you come to the conclusion that the N96 per day was not their living wage, and they most likely left the farm to workers and engaged in other businesses?

Has it ever occurred to you that it's possible to pay his workers from the harvests and not with cash? undecided
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 7:20pm On Sep 07, 2010
honeric01:

Has it ever occurred to you that it's possible to pay his workers from the harvests and not with cash? undecided

You really, really, really do not know when to throw your hands in the air and say you have goofed!  grin

Has it ever occurred to you that the report writers are likely to be intelligent enough to have factored such special labour cost into calculations? undecided

And how many workers do you know that would prefer to be paid waterleaf than cash?  grin grin grin grin grin grin

Come again with another moronic conjecture.  grin
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by honeric01(m): 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2010
^^^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are a case bro, hehehehehehehehe, what if i tell YOU right now that i have worked in a farm before and i was paid from the harvest?

And that i have followed more than one farmer to the farm before and what they do (when there's no money) is to pay their laborer from the harvest?

Must everything be on a website before you see them as possibility?

PLS OO, IS THERE ANYONE ON NAIRALAND THAT KNOWS ABOUT THE STUFFS I AM TALKING ABOUT HERE? has anyone ever been paid or knows of someone who pay or gets paid from a farm harvest as wages? please someone should come and help Grand pa Sagamite oo grin grin grin grin grin

All the same, it's nice chatting with you, i really need to stop now, i have laughed enough and i have played with you enough (even while throwing hard punches at your weak face  grin grin grin grin)
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 7:40pm On Sep 07, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are a case bro, hehehehehehehehe, what if i tell YOU right now that i have worked in a farm before and i was paid from the harvest?

And that i have followed more than one farmer to the farm before and what they do (when there's no money) is to pay their laborer from the harvest?

Must everything be on a website before you see them as possibility?

PLS OO, IS THERE ANYONE ON NAIRALAND THAT KNOWS ABOUT THE STUFFS I AM TALKING ABOUT HERE? has anyone ever been paid or knows of someone who pay or gets paid from a farm harvest as wages? please someone should come and help Grand pa Sagamite oo grin grin grin grin grin

All the same, it's nice chatting with you, i really need to stop now, i have laughed enough and i have played with you enough (even while throwing hard punches at your weak face  grin grin grin grin)

If you told me, I would not believe because you are now desperate and lying is now an option.  grin

Even if that was the case, the first question applies: Has it ever occurred to you that the report writers are likely to be intelligent enough to have factored such special labour cost into calculations?

Dimwit! If you think before you talk and ensure you talk only reasonable (even if not verifiable) facts, instead of throwing moronic conjecture after one another to defend the previous moronic conjecture you made, you will not be getting yourself into stinkers.

With the way you reason, I am very sure you did not finish school. The kind of reasoning dragging Nigeria backwards.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by 4Play(m): 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2010
@TKB

You are asking me for research on this matter. Do you think the innumerable studies showing that most Nigerians live on less than a dollar a day is the product of the kind of brainless conjecture you guys produce? The claim is the product of research, not one but numerous studies. Researchers have gone to various parts of Nigeria and come back with the same conclusion.

Honeric even acknowledges this by stating that he has been hearing the same thing for over a decade, a tacit admission that the claim is not a one off but has effectively stood the test of time. My own personal experience is that a lot of Nigerians scrape by on peanuts.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by 4Play(m): 7:56pm On Sep 07, 2010
http://allafrica.com/stories/201001280540.html

The 2010 Global Monitoring Report (GMR) of the United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), which revealed that about 92 per cent of the Nigerian population survive on less than $2 daily, while about 71 per cent survive on less than $1 daily, is a major embarrassment for the supposed 'Giant of Africa.'

Take your pick:[url]http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&q=poverty+in+Nigeria&meta=&btnG=Google+Search[/url]

I suppose it's all lies. These white people will go to any length to rubbish our image.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by tkb417(m): 8:07pm On Sep 07, 2010
4 Play:

@TKB

You are asking me for research on this matter. Do you think the innumerable studies showing that most Nigerians live on less than a dollar a day is the product of the kind of brainless conjecture you guys produce? The claim is the product of research, not one but numerous studies. Researchers have gone to various parts of Nigeria and come back with the same conclusion.

Honeric even acknowledges this by stating that he has been hearing the same thing for over a decade, a tacit admission that the claim is not a one off but has effectively stood the test of time. My own personal experience is that a lot of Nigerians scrape by on peanuts.
baseless conjectures ke?

cos i work in Nigeria? very funny and oh yeah, i dont work with UBA, PHB and dem dem

lolol

bro, not to say much, we dont produce conjectures brother, we manufacture data for end users in the country

and oh yeah, we dont swallow foreign stats to make investment decisions. and for the 5th year running, our research desk shytes on any other around this region. jo'bourg inclusive

hahahah

bring ur research brother and lets discuss economics

and if youre a research analyst, u should know what u ahave been hearing for over a decade should ordinarilly be thrown into waste bin cos its not only stale but would not reflect the realities as at today 7th of September 2010

That Global monitoring report has been dealt with here, and other fora where analysts jaw jaw

its shytty (Ismail radwan would say same thing)

throw it in a bin
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by 4Play(m): 8:14pm On Sep 07, 2010
Knowing how benighted and resistant to empirical data my fellow Nigerians can be, I thought I paste a couple more examples of white people lying against us:

The general prevalence of poverty in Nigeria is paradoxical because the country is one of the biggest oil-producing countries in the world, yet 70% of the population lives on less than US$1 a day.

The book by Mustapha C. Duze, Habu Mohammed & Ibrahim A. Kiyawa raises a number of questions:

[url]http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&q=poverty+in+Nigeria&meta=&btnG=Google+Search[/url]

See a quote from one of these white people, Dr. Isaac Busayo Oluwatayo, who hates Nigeria so much
:The distribution of respondents by income level is shown in Table 9 and it is clear that over half (55.4 percent)
of those surveyed earn less than N10, 000 as income. Those earning between N10, 001 and N20, 000
constitute about 35.0 percent while only about 8.6 percent earn above N20, 000.
The distribution generally
indicates that the income level of respondents is very low considering the average household size of 7. Thus
income per capita (a measure of the level of wellbeing) is also very low going by the US one dollar a day as
the minimum for subsistence for households in developing countries.

Dr. Isaac Busayo Oluwatayo is a Lecturer in the Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension Services, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria. He had his PhD in Agricultural Economics from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria.[quote][/quote]

http://www.iese.ac.mz/lib/publication/II_conf/CP41_2009_Oluwatayo.pdf

Well, who needs research when we can conjecture figures out of thin air to make us feel better about Naija.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by 4Play(m): 8:16pm On Sep 07, 2010
tkb417:

baseless conjectures ke?

cos i work in Nigeria? very funny and oh yeah, i dont work with UBA, PHB and dem dem

lolol

bro, not to say much, we dont produce conjectures brother, we manufacture data for end users in the country

and oh yeah, we dont swallow foreign stats to make investment decisions. and for the 5th year running, our research desk shytes on any other around this region. jo'bourg inclusive

hahahah

bring your research brother and lets discuss economics

and if youre a research analyst, u should know what u ahave been hearing for over a decade should ordinarilly be thrown into waste bin cos its not only stale but would not reflect the realities as at today 7th of September 2010

That Global monitoring report has been dealt with here, and other fora where analysts jaw jaw
its shytty (Ismail radwan would say same thing)
throw it in a bin

You are typing like a deranged oaf. Where is your published research which will rebut these claims?
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2010
Me, I think virtually all the research done by foreigners and indigenes I have seen point to the fact that 70% of Nigerians live on less than $1 a day as 4 Play is saying.

But since tkb is maintianing that it is not necessarily right and he is someone that I know as intelligent, has logical reasoning and knows his shyt, that is why I am being open minded that maybe there is just something I don't know.

That said, I still maintain the reality will not be far of the research I have seen. 70% will surely be living on less than $2 a day.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by tkb417(m): 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2010
4play

relax grin grin

if you read my posts before, you will see how i have been able to counter some of these 'foreign' claims

These research works are only taking into consideration the formal setting which accounts for just about 30% of the populace

i have stated categorically that the absence of structures and other factors have made research work very difficult in this part of the world. what you read DO NOt reflect the income level of an average Nigerian.

Now, Nigerians have been going endoctal in estimating figures to get a fair reflection of the prosperity level in the country; sweeping generalisztions that most people in 3rd world countries earn less than a dollar a day is tantamount to misinformation.

A research analyst spoke with 10,000 people  shocked shocked shocked and made a actegorical statement about 150million people

is this how research is done?

na wa

I dont have any points to prove anymore but i feel, we dont have to be mentally lazy to what we read; u can help urself by using data from our telco providers to gauge how much a typical pay as you go subscriber pay for a recharge card in a month. Brother, speak with the tax man in Lagos to get an idea of what revenue is earned by how many people ; 4play, u can also speak to the pension providers to have an idea of whatis earned and by how many people- first thing first; that should deal with the formal sector

A school of thought believes the several trade associations in the country (if properly questioned) can give an idea of what goes down with a every member in the associations.

make we no overflog this issue, i dont think the way the west goes about conducting researches would be tenable in this part of the world due to our preculiar problems.

nyways, make we rest oh

i don agree with u cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by tkb417(m): 8:37pm On Sep 07, 2010
4 Play:

You are typing like a deranged oaf. Where is your published research which will rebut these claims?
deranged oaf?

like wtf?

i dont have to respond ur way tho; ill pretend i didnt see it

Sagamite:

Me, I think virtually all the research done by foreigners and indigenes I have seen point to the fact that 70% of Nigerians live on less than $1 a day as 4 Play is saying.

But since tkb is maintianing that it is not necessarily right and he is someone that I know as intelligent, has logical reasoning and knows his shyt, that is why I am being open minded that maybe there is just something I don't know.

That said, I still maintain the reality will not be far of the research I have seen. 70% will surely be living on less than $2 a day.
brother

gotta run mehn

we go talk later
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2010
tkb417:

4play

relax grin grin

if you read my posts before, you will see how i have been able to counter some of these 'foreign' claims

These research works are only taking into consideration the formal setting which accounts for just about 30% of the populace

i
You know what you have just typed is pure and categorical nonsense.  No trained  researcher would go to a developing country with a high level  of subsistence trading and farming and just consider the formal sector!
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by tkb417(m): 8:41pm On Sep 07, 2010
tensor777:

You know what you have just typed is pure and categorical nonsense. No trained researcher would go to a developing country with a high level of subsistence trading and farming and just consider the formal sector!
and what u have typed is an undiluted baloney cos for sure, the numbers u bandy around are for those who have gainful employments

maybe you should read the works before you hastily post rubbish
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by 4Play(m): 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2010
tkb417:

Counter wetin? You see why I said you type like a deranged oaf. You said you are a researcher and your research desks has done some work on the subject matter, please upload it so that we can view it or keep your conjectures to yourself.

A research analyst spoke with 10,000 people Shocked Shocked Shocked and made a actegorical statement about 150million people

grin grin grin

The 10000 are a random sample representing the population. Ewu nama, that is how such data is collated. The only research you do is on how to pick up chicks from female Uni hostels. Shut up and go and watch Rooney.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2010
tkb417:

bro

i am not discussing economic theories oh

i am telling you between 2003 and 2008, their was an unprecendented increase in wealth creation from the rich to the down trodden

these activities in the upper and middle classes trickled down to the masses cos an average Nigerian like me now employs a driver and pays him 60k monthly instead of 20-30k, the peeps u call poor had access to liquid cash to undertake some petty ventures,  More contract workers were employed in our factories cos of the increased activities in the factories, guys like me could afford to set up petty trading businesses for momma and poppa in the villages, landlords jacked up their rents to partake in the new money, market women in the absence of any inflationary incidence, jacked up commodity prices to partake in the 'loot'.

We know the oil boom  did generate a lot of benefits for the employees and suppliers in the petroleum industry. The truth is that sector employs just about 100,000 people which is minuscle compared to the entire working population  The point is there is still  a chasm as between those graduate level staff employed by the big multinationals and the subsistence farmers, traders and crafsmen in the towns and villages of Nigeria.
Inflationary pressues created by increase in international oil prices will not change the harsh reality of life for this class of people.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by tkb417(m): 9:02pm On Sep 07, 2010
@4play
Ill try to see what I can get tmr

As for ur other drivel, u use a 10k sample size to make informed judgement for a population of 150milla?

I can see how research is done where u roll.

Ol boi, na u dey yarn unadulterated opata
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by 4Play(m): 9:11pm On Sep 07, 2010
tkb417:

As for your other drivel, u use a 10k sample size to make informed judgement for a population of 150milla?
I can see how research is done where u roll.
Ol boi, na u dey yarn unadulterated opata

Gallup tracks daily the percentage of Americans who approve or disapprove of the job Barack Obama is doing as president. Results are based on telephone interviews with approximately 1,500 national adults; Margin of error is ±3 percentage points

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/gallup-daily-obama-job-approval.aspx

See why you are a consummate oaf? All such studies are based on a small sample which is a representation of the larger populace being studied. Zuwo, were you expecting them to sample 1.5million people?

Please upload your research here, I can't wait.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2010
tkb417:

I dont have any points to prove anymore but i feel, we dont have to be mentally lazy to what we read; u can help urself by using data from our telco providers to gauge how much a typical pay as you go subscriber pay for a recharge card in a month. Brother, speak with the tax man in Lagos to get an idea of what revenue is earned by how many people ; 4play, u can also speak to the pension providers to have an idea of whatis earned and by how many people- first thing first; that should deal with the formal sector

A school of thought believes the several trade associations in the country (if properly questioned) can give an idea of what goes down with a every member in the associations.
make we no overflog this issue, i dont think the way the west goes about conducting researches would be tenable in this part of the world due to our preculiar problems.

nyways, make we rest oh

i don agree with u cheesy cheesy

REALLY. And you think speaking with trade associations is a more LOGICAL AND ACCURATE way of getting information about individual earnings than speaking and spending time with individual farmers, traders and craftsmen??

By the way as has been stated many times here this report is not about how much a worker or trader earns per day but the AVERAGE household income per day: that is, total daily household income/number of people in the household .
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Nobody: 5:05am On Sep 08, 2010
tkb417:

A research analyst spoke with 10,000 people  shocked shocked shocked and made a actegorical statement about 150million people

is this how research is done?

So how is research done, hound all 150million people into a barber shop and start questioning them ?

Thats why we have what they call sample population, though it is not a coverage of the total population but you can deduce facts out of this,

and dont forget there is what we call margin error to check how dependable population stats. can be, wink
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by manny4life(m): 2:53am On Sep 09, 2010
@tkb417,

The ball is in your court, so how is research done?
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by ceasyc(f): 5:25am On Sep 09, 2010
disaster ke? na wa ohh. abeg ring d alarm. India neva even reach disaster grin
if it gets 2 dat then na because many 9ja ppl dey polygamous n have sooooo many kids anywhere n everywhere
sum of d ones wey no marry more than 1 wife still dey born anywhere n everywhere, sum guys do it abroad sef = disgustingly disgusting
spreading all those kids, germs, diseases, etc all over d place. C'MON ZIP UP! hissesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
i know a man in 9ja who has over 50 children = disaster. abeg ring d alarm again  grin
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2010
Nigeria's education is major league ffed.

tkb and co, can you remember this foool on this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-278872.64.html#msg4179327

The one with the moronic website?

His name is Oluwasegun Ojemuyiwa.

Can you imagine that he claims to have been a lecturer at:

UniLag and UniAbuja?
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by odumchi: 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2010
You people seriousley need to stop wasting your time arguing about how little Nigerians have and actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. You are just whiling away time when you can be out theredoing something i. e. contesting for seats in the government and expressing your ideas via a political party. Any one of you can be the next Obama, you just have to get your lazy a**ess off the computer and into the real world.

Actions are stronger than words.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 11:54pm On Sep 12, 2010
odumchi:

You people seriousley need to stop wasting your time arguing about how little Nigerians have and actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. You are just whiling away time when you can be out theredoing something i. e. contesting for seats in the government and expressing your ideas via a political party. Any one of you can be the next Obama, you just have to get your lazy a**ess off the computer and into the real world.

Contest?

Explain to me, with which funds?

Lets say you are reasonably doing well, you will go and contest for elections with your £80,000 savings against bleaching Alao Akala who just has to sign £2m from the funds he has stolen from public coffers?

Your 80 grand is gone, vermoosed. Even if you win (that is if you are not slaughtered) it is gone, he has not lost anything as he never worked for it.

Seriously, explain to me with your hardworking arse how? I wait.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by cap28: 12:11am On Sep 13, 2010
Another attempt to put into place their population control agenda which is targeted at non white countries only.

I think it is abundantly clear to everyone that the problem in Nigeria has nothing to do with an increase in the population but the capitalist economic system imposed on the nigerian people in collaboration with nigerian saboteurs which has condemned the nigerian people to a life of poverty.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Seun(m): 12:23am On Sep 13, 2010
cap28:
I think it is abundantly clear to everyone that the problem in Nigeria has nothing to do with an increase in the population but the capitalist economic system imposed on the nigerian people in collaboration with nigerian saboteurs which has condemned the nigerian people to a life of poverty.

Were we rich before the "capitalist economic system" was "imposed" on us? Have we ever not been poor?
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Beaf: 12:51am On Sep 13, 2010
odumchi:

Oya, click the pic below and register! cool
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Horus(m): 2:11am On Sep 13, 2010
cap28:

Another attempt to put into place their population control agenda which is targeted at non white countries only.

Exactly !!. The truth is that population control is the process by which Global Europe (whites, Caucasians, Aryans) seeks to guarantee its perpetual domination of the rest of the non-whites population. It is the Caucasians, who want to rule the world indefinitly by not only controllong its economic and political resourses but also by controlling its population, wherever they are, so that their own population, even though declining, will never be swamped. Hence their population policy to reduce, if not wipe out the populations of non-Caucasians,especially in the third-world countries, and more so the blacks. This policy is especially directed towards the blacks in the USA and in Africa. Then there was the notorious NSSM 200 (National Security Study Memorandum 200), sometimes called the "Kissinger population paper," in which it was stressed that oil and mineral-rich Nigeria could easily cope with a far larger population and would gain sufficient status to compete with the US influence over Africa. It has also been learnt that they continue to inject the disease into new-born babies whose parents do not have HIV/AIDS. There were other documents produced at around the same time to corroborate this intense interest in Nigeria, the country's population, and its oil wealth. The US Information Agency or USIA (which operates the Voice of America on other propaganda actions around the world) does yearly reports on the US interest in various countries.They, too, cites the pervasive worries about Nigeria becoming the economic and demographic giant of Africa, capable of spreading an anti-American ideology all over the continent, and likewise stressing that agency goals should serve the larger objective of increasing US influence over Nigeria's politics and culture.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Yorubas Are NOT Cowards / Oshiomhole: Real Reason Why I Went To The U.S / Ezekwesili Reacts To Killing Of 70 Soldiers In Baga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.