Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm (15771 Views)

Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 / APC Raises Alarm Over Withdrawal Of Customs, Immigration Personnel From Border / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2010
honeric01:

Because most of them believe in Pako (Local wood chewed to clean the teeth/tongue), those wearing dirty clothes must have been coming from the farm, were naturally dirty (since no one is watching them), did not see need to wash it since they are used to it in the rural areas (DOES WEARING RAG CLOTHES IN THE VILLAGES MAKE YOU A STARVING NIGERIAN?)

Animal ko, homosapien ni, i already explained to you, when you went through the villages, did you SEE all the villagers WEARING rags? haven't you seen RICH people that are naturally dirty?

The cost of food in the cities started from the villages, they are the ones who decide (from the start) how much the food will cost when it gets to the cities because it's how much they sell their wears to the merchant that will influence how much the merchant is likely to sell in the cities.

The villagers (most of them being the producers) eat from their harvest, i have said this before, so they don't have to pay cash to get the food they eat, but that does not still make the value lower than what the city dwellers consume.

In my price list, i never gave a static price, i had options there, e.g (rice sell for 120/130 in Lagos, sells for 140/150 in places like Bayelsa, Delta, PH, ABJ, it sometimes sell for 100 in the villages/rural areas and i also made option for that, check the price lists again)

You must be completely deluded.

WHAT UTTER CLUNKING, RIDICULOUS, MORONIC FALDERAL.

This is how you, AS USUAL, get yourself in a stinker when you pick you facts from the air.

There is a community where humans live and you will not have the natural human competition to outdo each other?

What utter clunking rubbish.

So village people do not want to dress nice, do not aspire to live in nice houses and do not want to drive nice cars.

What moronic gibberish!

Apart from redefining human instincts, due to getting yourself in a stinker, you are also redefining economic logic.

So tomatoes grown in a village in the North will be the same price when it is transported for 12-18 hours by truck to Lagos? The driver will not be paid. The petrol was free gift from Shell. The Truck was donated by the pope. The mechanics work for free. The transporter was a good samaritan.

I bet even electronics made in Japan will cost the same by the time it travels oceans to Nigeria?

What moronic falderal.

Use your brain before you put points across and check your facts, do not get yourself in stinkers.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 9:05pm On Sep 06, 2010
honeric01:

Hehehe, all in your bid to defend your points, where did you see me type about rural dwellers earning more than the city dwellers? another way to run from the truth? they surely eat better food than some of the city dwellers because they are responsible for most of what the city dwellers eat.

I showed you the logic of how incomes are higher in urban areas than rural areas and you said it does not apply to Nigeria, now you are claiming you did not?

honeric01:

Those that go to Lagos are those who want to live the Lagos life, those who must have (in one way or the other) believe it's greener in the other part, just like some Nigerians are running abroad, some end up getting so poor than they wished they remained in Nigeria.

So on average those abroad in the West are not better off than those in Nigeria?

It is not the OBVIOUS better life in the West that attracted them?

What stewpid assertion!

honeric01:

How many government establishments do you have in the rural areas? answer the questions yourself and stop asking me things ordinarily you should know.

Show me your proof. Have you been to all local areas to count?

Is that not the moronic question to ask as proof?

honeric01:

Why are you throwing back the questions i asked you? you should answer them, don't shy away from these questions, you keep SHOUTING fact! fact! fact!, yet you don't even have any evidence to back them up  grin grin grin

I gave you first hand evidence on how i got to know about the occupation these rural dwellers find themselves in, if you don't believe me, go to these towns,villages, ask them what they do, when i and some of my friends visit the village, we can home with fresh harvest, things you'd buy with thousands of naira in the cities, these people produce these food stuffs themselves and they are mostly healthier than the city dwellers.

Do i have to go to their houses to know that they transact with city merchants when i often see them loading trucks with their harvests?

do i have to go to their houses to know that they transact business with city merchants when i have first hand experience with them?

Ask Funny Iyanda, she once had a show that focused on the rural business way, all these things i am talking about were shown/discussed on the show, documentaries were shown too, so i am not basing my facts on a foreign link, neither am i comparing them with how it works in the west.

Bro, you do not have a case when it comes to how much value is consumed by rural dwellers because most of them don't buy what they eat, they produce what they eat, and if you are to pay for them, you'd end up spending more than $1.

I rest my case. cool

So when I give you strong empirical, obvious-to-a-high-school-student facts that applies under logic globally, it is not satisfactory. You want to know whether I went to ask every villagers before you find it acceptable.

But you spew moronic logic that defies all logic and I apply your rules and it is a problem?
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by 4Play(m): 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2010
Nigerians lack an evidence based culture.

We're not statisticians or demographers but people who are trained to conduct these studies have concluded, on numerous occasions, that a majority of Nigerians still live on less than a dollar a day. Crucially, these people have little incentive to claim that Nigerians are poor. I don't accept Govt stats because our Govt has an incentive to spice up our image but even the Naija Govt stats do not contradict the claim that a majority of Nigerians live on less that a dollar a day.

Folks have visited the nooks and crannies of Nigeria conducting surveys on this issue and fantasists here are telling us that their cocooned life experience in cities is more informative. Most Nigerians do not have access to electricity and do not have a mobile phone. How many people in your daily life do you usually meet who don't have either?

The suggested poverty level makes sense given the size of our economy compared to our population.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by honeric01(m): 10:25pm On Sep 06, 2010
Sagamite:

You must be completely deluded.

WHAT UTTER CLUNKING, RIDICULOUS, MORONIC FALDERAL.

This is how you, AS USUAL, get yourself in a stinker when you pick you facts from the air.

There is a community where humans live and you will not have the natural human competition to outdo each other?

What utter clunking rubbish.

So village people do not want to dress nice, do not aspire to live in nice houses and do not want to drive nice cars.

What moronic gibberish!

Apart from redefining human instincts, due to getting yourself in a stinker, you are also redefining economic logic.

So tomatoes grown in a village in the North will be the same price when it is transported for 12-18 hours by truck to Lagos? The driver will not be paid. The petrol was free gift from Shell. The Truck was donated by the pope. The mechanics work for free. The transporter was a good samaritan.

I bet even electronics made in Japan will cost the same by the time it travels oceans to Nigeria?

What moronic falderal.

Use your brain before you put points across and check your facts, do not get yourself in stinkers.

A leopard can never change its spot, i thought you'd change for once, unfortunately, the animal in you is stronger than the education you ever got!

I never wanted to continue with you, but then you kept recycling, waiting for an avenue to unleash, all the same, kindly accept my time with you as the greatest gift you'd ever get in your life (from me). wink

Someone with half a brain would have seen that i made provision for transportation with the price list, hence the reasons the price difference, but then you don't have the brain i expected from a 45yrs old man you are.

You (AS USUAL) get violent and abusive when you get yourself entangled with what you don't understand, but because you don't want to appear like your normal self, you'd end up turning it into an abusive conversation. Anyways like i said before, you always believe making sense is all about typing long essay (typing the same thing in different words) without any substance, you end up using foreign links in deciding what goes on in a country where half of those who wrote the info on the link have never visited.

Enjoy your normal internet ranting, always looking for who to test and compare your brain with, good luck with your abusive lifestyle, if it was before, I'd give you equal quantity, but then, i have other things to do instead of spending that time insulting an insult.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by honeric01(m): 10:41pm On Sep 06, 2010
Sagamite:

I showed you the logic of how incomes are higher in urban areas than rural areas and you said it does not apply to Nigeria, now you are claiming you did not?

So on average those abroad in the West are not better off than those in Nigeria?

What stewpid assertion!

Show me your proof. Have you been to all local areas to count?

Is that not the moronic question to ask as proof?

So when I give you strong empirical, obvious-to-a-high-school-student facts that applies under logic globally, it is not satisfactory. You want to know whether I went to ask every villagers before you find it acceptable.

But you spew moronic logic that defies all logic and I apply your rules and it is a problem?

You should have at least quoted the comments i made that you think i made those baseless assertion you are talking about.

You still believe that all Nigerians that left for the west are better off than when they were in Nigeria?, it seems you always miss the parts in my posts with (some, most, few, others) are you eyes too dim to see these exceptions?

Anyways, i can't continue with you, i am getting bored of your usual typing/insults
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 11:01pm On Sep 06, 2010
honeric01:

You should have at least quoted the comments i made that you think i made those baseless assertion you are talking about.

You still believe that all Nigerians that left for the west are better off than when they were in Nigeria?, it seems you always miss the parts in my posts with (some, most, few, others) are you eyes too dim to see these exceptions?

Anyways, i can't continue with you, i am getting bored of your usual typing/insults

This is where you are a slowpoke again. I advised you to read post and let if dissolve in your head before vomitting your counter.

Where did I say all those Nigerians abroad are better off than when they are in Nigeria?

Sagamite:

What stewpid assertion!
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 11:17pm On Sep 06, 2010
honeric01:

A leopard can never change its spot, i thought you'd change for once, unfortunately, the animal in you is stronger than the education you ever got!

I never wanted to continue with you, but then you kept recycling, waiting for an avenue to unleash, all the same, kindly accept my time with you as the greatest gift you'd ever get in your life (from me). wink

You are a dunce. Change for who?

See point 1, 3, 4 and 5: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-315319.0.html#msg4427885

honeric01:

Someone with half a brain would have seen that i made provision for transportation with the price list, hence the reasons the price difference, but then you don't have the brain i expected from a 45yrs old man you are.

You are dimwitted. Who are you trying to bullshyt?

You did not say the prices are the same across Nigeria? What is this?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-507378.192.html#msg6703453
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-507378.192.html#msg6703686

Did I break your concentration?

honeric01:

You (AS USUAL) get violent and abusive when you get yourself entangled with what you don't understand, but because you don't want to appear like your normal self, you'd end up turning it into an abusive conversation. Anyways like i said before, you always believe making sense is all about typing long essay (typing the same thing in different words) without any substance, you end up using foreign links in deciding what goes on in a country where half of those who wrote the info on the link have never visited.

Enjoy your normal internet ranting, always looking for who to test and compare your brain with, good luck with your abusive lifestyle, if it was before, I'd give you equal quantity, but then, i have other things to do instead of spending that time insulting an insult.

You are not-so-smart?

What I don't understand?

How will I understand the logic put forth to me that people prefer not to dress well because they live in a village and not a city.

How will I understand the logic that those in the city are not on average more affluent than those in the villages?

How will I understand the logic that prices do not change even when food is transported?

How will I understand someone saying one derelict building makes an area a slum?

How will I understand the delusion that most Nigerians top-up their mobiles everyday?

How will I understand the delusion that an average pot of stew to feed 2 in Nigeria is £2?

How will I understand the logic that most Nigerians have a second stream of income and most own shops? Is Nigeria called Shopville?

How will I understand people in Nigerian villages are not poor when they die in their mid-forties and will servilely seek money from you when you go there?

Where did they teach you such economics, not-so-smart person?

You come up and rant with ediotic "facts" you pick from thin air without thinking before you vomit it and when you are challenged and given proof, you say it does not matter in Nigeria. All in your demented persistence to defend Nigeria as you think any relaying of detrimental fact about the country is an attack on you. No wonder you think Lagos can compare to most cities in USA.

Learn to know when to use that your thick head to back down when all facts point to the fact you have goofed.

Ola olabiy had a position but when he saw that he was not as informed, he backed down. He did not maintain that loans are actually lottery winnings as your daft arse might have claimed just to keep on arguing stewpidly. Even nex himself was sensible enough to know he goofed with his wild claim that companies are leaving London for Lagos and kept quiet when challenged, if it was you, you will come with some moronic rants like "Well, I know MTN wanted to go to London but decided Lagos was more profitable".

People in Nigerian villages spend N15K a month on food only? What moronic thraaaaaaaaaaaash.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by honeric01(m): 11:48pm On Sep 06, 2010
^^^^

All the links you posted has nothing to do with me, my comments, because no post of mine is on the pages you posted.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 12:28am On Sep 07, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^

All the links you posted has nothing to do with me, my comments, because no post of mine is on the pages you posted.

You are smoking Igbo or something new in the market?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-507378.192.html#msg6703453
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-507378.192.html#msg6703686
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by honeric01(m): 12:51am On Sep 07, 2010
^^^^

You still do not make sense to me, none of the pages you posted got anything to do with me, so i think you are the one with sight issues.

I didn't see any of my posts on these 2 pages, nor did i see you or m responding to eachother on these pages.

Good, find someone else to spend the night with!
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by 4Play(m): 8:31am On Sep 07, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^

You still do not make sense to me, none of the pages you posted got anything to do with me, so i think you are the one with sight issues.

I didn't see any of my posts on these 2 pages, nor did i see you or m responding to eachother on these pages.
Good, find someone else to spend the night with!

grin grin

Weed is bad for you.

Most of una wey dey stay for places like Lagos and PH are as clueless about many parts of Naija as someone living in London. Please don't give me crap about your occasional visits to rural areas. As someone who grew up in a small town, I think I've a better idea of income levels outside the big cities. Most people's annual income will be between 10k and 14k, by the time you divide that by the size of the household, you come up with less than a dollar a day.

My personal experience is backed up by research by disinterested researchers. The only reason you are ranting is out of your warped sense of national pride. Immediately you see British attached to a perceived ''belittling'' of Naija, inferiority complex takes over your brain.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by tkb417(m): 8:48am On Sep 07, 2010
Most people's annual income will be between 10k and 14k, by the time you divide that by the size of the household, you come up with less than a dollar a day
lets see the research bro

i do research too and most numbers you people bandy around are erroneous

FACT!

lemme see the research works by the disinterested researchers
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by honeric01(m): 8:54am On Sep 07, 2010
4 Play:

grin  grin

Weed is bad for you.

Most of una wey dey stay for places like Lagos and PH are as clueless about many parts of Naija as someone living in London. Please don't give me crap about your occasional visits to rural areas. As someone who grew up in a small town, I think I've a better idea of income levels outside the big cities. Most people's annual income will be between 10k and 14k, by the time you divide that by the size of the household, you come up with less than a dollar a day.

My personal experience is backed up by research by disinterested researchers. The only reason you are ranting is out of your warped sense of national pride. Immediately you see British attached to a perceived ''belittling'' of Naija, inferiority complex takes over your brain.

And what made you think i grew up in Lagos? what makes you think you know about Nigeria and its settings more than i do?

well, i don't want to continue with this discussion, it's not worth it, i am yet to see any link from you coming from this same Nigeria you claim to know alot about.

What you are not getting is the fact that most people living outside the cities are not civil servants, they are mostly into the informal occupations, a dude that grew up in a small town like you should have known that.

Your problem is that you think anyone who differs from your boss's opinions tend to be suffering from inferiority complex, too bad for you, i haven't in anyway disregarded this article in totality, rather i have only concentrated on the 70% theory i have been hearing for good 10 years now, but then you couldn't have seen that yourself because like you said, Immediately you see British or west attached to a perceived ''belittling'' of Naija or africa, inferiority complex takes over your brain and you begin to nod your head in agreement to whatever they say of you.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 9:11am On Sep 07, 2010
4 Play:

grin grin

Weed is bad for you.

Thank you!

E go better for you.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 9:13am On Sep 07, 2010
tkb417:

lets see the research bro

i do research too and most numbers you people bandy around are erroneous

FACT!

lemme see the research works by the disinterested researchers

How much would you say a farmer, mechanic or hunter in Ilaro earns a month?
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by tkb417(m): 9:36am On Sep 07, 2010
Sagamite:

How much would you say a farmer, mechanic or hunter in Ilaro earns a month?
2 things!!

The places you highlighed are turning to urban centers. I dont know how you see places like that, but the rural areas of yesteryears are now almost an urban center. I hope you know we have a Polythecnic in Ilaro

Back to your question

An average farmer in Ilaro earns money cultivating seasonal crops and engage in petty trading and side kicks (FACT). I cannot place a figure on it but i know a family of 4 in Ilaro wouldnt live on a dollar a day.

Lemme dance to your tune a bit. A farmer earns 14 a month, feeds 4 people abi
14/4 = 3,500 per person in the family

convert per day to a doallar and ur analysis show a person live on 0.78 USD per day

pls, give me a sensible analysis that show how such a person eat, pay for rent, send children to school, enter bike, buy clothes and cater for parents and other extended fam (which is normal in 9ja)

im only asking for a reasonable analysis and not what u have read somewhere or what you think is true. Tell me how they do it?

are you saying they dont own fones? they dont buy cards? they dont wear clothes? they dont pay for school fees? they dont buy cerelac for heir babies? they dont pay hospital bills?

what are you people chatting? i have seen, been at a forum where the country representative of World Bank and the country rep pf pwC argued back and forth on the stats the west bandy around. at the end, we all laffed at some of the stats cos not do they only sound ridiculous, they sound unrealistic and stupid in a way

Your perception about the level of poverty in Nigeria cannot be measured astrictly because of the way our society is fragmented and the unavailability of data. The unavailability of data is partly cos 70% of the income earned in the country comes from the informal sector.

The local baba alajo in Ilaro would tell you, the mechanic ure refering to as poor, has an ajo of over 300k in his coffers

how do you reconcile all these hidden figures with ur 0.76 cents a day jargon
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 10:32am On Sep 07, 2010
tkb417:

2 things!!

The places you highlighed are turning to urban centers. I dont know how you see places like that, but the rural areas of yesteryears are now almost an urban center. I hope you know we have a Polythecnic in Ilaro

Yeah, I know.

SW Nigeria is the most urbanized. I choose Ilaro intentionally, not another town like Ikom/Abraka/Birnin Kebbi or a village like Afolabi, because I felt a town like Ilaro alone is sufficient to show the lowness of wages and it is easier for one to be aware of it's wages than a town further out in the hitherlands.

tkb417:

Back to your question

An average farmer in Ilaro earns money cultivating seasonal crops and engage in petty trading and side kicks (FACT). I cannot place a figure on it but i know a family of 4 in Ilaro wouldnt live on a dollar a day.

Farming without mechanized tools is very intensive and take a lot of one's time. Petty trade goes hand in hand with farming but even though I agree with them having side kicks, it is one of those very very irregular incomes.

tkb417:

Very unlikely you will find a family of 4 in Ilaro outside the very small sub-class of educated there.

You are more likely to find a family of 6 to 8  PLUS about another 2 Baba hunter popped from the 21 year old girl that comes to sell him iresi alata dudu (rice with black soup) and another woman.  grin

We can exclude the last 2 kids as we know Baba would abandon their welfare as he cannot afford it. So the division should be on the family of 6-8.

And it is 6-8 becuase it is Ilaro o. If it is Birnin Kebbi, it would be 14-24.

tkb417:

convert per day to a doallar and your analysis show a person live on 0.78 USD per day

pls, give me a sensible analysis that show how such a person eat, pay for rent, send children to school, enter bike, buy clothes and cater for parents and other extended fam (which is normal in 9ja)

im only asking for a reasonable analysis and not what u have read somewhere or what you think is true. Tell me how they do it?

are you saying they dont own fones? they dont buy cards? they dont wear clothes? they dont pay for school fees? they dont buy cerelac for heir babies? they dont pay hospital bills?

what are you people chatting? i have seen, been at a forum where the country representative of World Bank and the country rep pf pwC argued back and forth on the stats the west bandy around. at the end, we all laffed at some of the stats cos not do they only sound ridiculous, they sound unrealistic and silly in a way

Your perception about the level of poverty in Nigeria cannot be measured astrictly because of the way our society is fragmented and the unavailability of data. The unavailability of data is partly cos 70% of the income earned in the country comes from the informal sector.

The local baba alajo in Ilaro would tell you, the mechanic ure refering to as poor, has an ajo of over 300k in his coffers

how do you reconcile all these hidden figures with your 0.76 cents a day jargon

Cerelac ke?

[Breaks into his ijebu language] Kem jewa? Nibo shomu fe sofo shomu ri ruyen? Wey morun kurun! (What is that? Where do you want to say you have seen that? You don't understand)  grin

The farmer's child would not be fed on cerelac o. Whatever the food we had for babies before Oyinbo came is more likely to be staple diet.

Phones are either the cheapest or a gift. Phonecards rare, they are more like you pay-per-minute at a public centre for calls or flash people. They might invest in calling for 2 mins if they are trying to get money off you.

Healthcare, everything is solved with self-medication until it is very serious and they go to hospital (most likely government one) and get some prescription. Lets not forget, they die on average at 47.

As in school fees, these people scrap to pay it as they know it is important. Sometimes they might find a benefactor relative to help out or even take the child in. Some leave after primary school to learn a trade like the millions we see street hawking and the 2 in the sawmill in "Welcome to Lagos". Those boys at the sawmill cannot be making more than N3000 a month if the foreman has to sleep in the office for 5 years before he raised N15000 to rent a shack.

I have no doubt that it is hard to obtain info about Nigeria, I personally have tried several times. I know it would even be harder for someone outside Nigeria sitting in a Bretton Woods building and has never lived in Nigeria, but I am very sure based on empirical evidence of my existence in Nigeria that it is not far off. Maybe 70% live on less than $2-3 a day
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by honeric01(m): 10:34am On Sep 07, 2010
tkb417:

2 things!!

Back to your question

convert per day to a doallar and your analysis show a person live on 0.78 USD per day

[b]im only asking for a reasonable analysis and not what u have read somewhere or what you think is true. Tell me how they do it?

what are you people chatting? i have seen, been at a forum where the country representative of World Bank and the country rep pf pwC argued back and forth on the stats the west bandy around. at the end, we all laffed at some of the stats cos not do they only sound ridiculous, they sound unrealistic and silly in a way

how do you reconcile all these hidden figures with your 0.76 cents a day jargon[/b]

Thank you, your head dey there and you surely think with your brain. cool
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by honeric01(m): 10:40am On Sep 07, 2010
Sagamite:

I have no doubt that it is hard to obtain info about Nigeria, I personally have tried several times. I know it would even be harder for someone outside Nigeria sitting in a Bretton Woods building and has never lived in Nigeria, but I am very sure based on empirical evidence of my existence in Nigeria that it is not far off. Maybe 70% live on less than $2-3 a day

Gradually, he's seeing reasons why some of us have decided not to believe the 70% living below $1 myth. wink
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by tkb417(m): 10:46am On Sep 07, 2010
@Sagamite

i don laff tire for the ijebu wey u type for there

u sabi speak Ijebu? i no sabi speak Ijebu at all grin grin

bad guy

honeric01:

Gradually, he's seeing reasons why some of us have decided not to believe the 70% living below $1 myth. wink
it will get to $5 a day soon grin grin
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 10:55am On Sep 07, 2010
honeric01:

Mugu, you need to read posts before you open your gob as I told you.

Since when have I been saying the 70% might be wrong before you noticed now.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 11:00am On Sep 07, 2010
tkb417:

@Sagamite

i don laff tire for the ijebu wey u type for there

u sabi speak Ijebu? i no sabi speak Ijebu at all grin grin

bad guy

I no dey speak am, I just dey front ni.

Simple regular phrases like above is all about I can say (funnily as well, that is).

It is one of my biggest regrets in life that my parents did not ensure we spoke it.

Only God knows how many girls I would have pulled with it.  grin

You know when you start using it to tease a chic like if you are an illiterate when she can see you are fresh and sophisticated, she would think you are very funny. Very funny equals many fanny.  cheesy

And jokes roll of your tongue funnier (to a Yoruba girl or a girl that understands it) when you deliver it in a dialect behaving like if you know no better. She will bust a rib and want to always be around you.  cheesy
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by honeric01(m): 11:06am On Sep 07, 2010
Sagamite:

Mugu, you need to read posts before you open your gob as I told you.

Since when have I been saying the 70% might be worng before you noticed now.

Nah, why then were you challenging my stands? i was clamoring that the 70% was wrong, you saw that before challenging my stands, $2-3? debatable, but $1 for 70%, outright rubbish!

tkb417:

bad guy

Hehehehehe, $5 a day, nope that's not possible either, only %1-10% is likely to spend close to that on feeding a day.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 11:15am On Sep 07, 2010
honeric01:

Nah, why then were you challenging my stands? i was clamoring that the 70% was wrong, you saw that before challenging my stands, $2-3? debatable, but $1 for 70%, outright rubbish!

I was not challenging your stance. I was challenging the nauseating reasoning and logic you used to present your stance.

The pie-in-the-sky facts you got from delusion whilst yet requesting that someone else provide evidence that they have gone to village by village to verify professional research.

The attempt to sillily redefine animal behaviours, economic theory and logic to defend a silly, lack of grey matter influenced and ridiculous assertions instead of taking correction.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Horus(m): 11:21am On Sep 07, 2010
We should not allow ourself to be manipulated by the British Council. The west just want to Depopulate Africa. By publishing this article, the British Council is trying to influence the mind of Nigerians. "Africa is Underpopulated. We have 20% of the world's landmass and only 13% of its population."

1. "Depopulation" is the highest priority of US and Europe foreign policy towards Africa.
2. Reduction of the rate of population in African states is a matter of vital US and European national security".
3. "The US and European economy will require large and increasing amounts of minerals from African countries.
That fact gives the US and Europe enhanced interests in the political, economic and social stability of the supplying African countries. Wherever a lessening of population can increase the prospects for such stability, population policy becomes relevant to resources, supplies and the economic interest of Europe and the United States".
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by honeric01(m): 11:24am On Sep 07, 2010
Sagamite:

I was not challenging your stance. I was challenging the nauseating reasoning and logic you used to present your stance.

The pie-in-the-sky facts you got from delusion whilst yet requesting that someone else provide evidence that they have gone to village by village to verify professional research.

The attempt to sillily redefine animal behaviours, economic theory and logic to defend a silly, lack of grey matter influenced and ridiculous assertions instead of taking correction.

You can keep typing BIG BIG English, that won't change the fact that you are also guilty of the same "offense" you are accusing me of, i only paid you with your own coin.

You kept typing "FACT", i wanted to know what you understood by "fact", hence the questions!
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 11:35am On Sep 07, 2010
honeric01:

You can keep typing BIG BIG English, that won't change the fact that you are also guilty of the same "offense" you are accusing me of, i only paid you with your own coin.

You kept typing "FACT", i wanted to know what you understood by "fact", hence the questions!

Over my dead body will I degrade to the level where my "facts" are:

People prefer not to dress well because they live in a village and not a city.

Those in the city are not on average more affluent than those in the villages.

Prices do not change even when food is transported.

One derelict building makes an area a slum.

Most Nigerians top-up their mobiles everyday.

An average pot of stew to feed 2 in Nigeria is £2.

Most Nigerians have a second stream of income and most own shops? Is Nigeria called Shopville.

People in Nigerian villages are not poor when they die in their mid-forties and will servilely seek money from you when you go there.

My facts demonstrate strong logical reasoning.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 11:38am On Sep 07, 2010
Horus:

We should not allow ourself to be manipulated by the British Council. The west just want to Depopulate Africa. By publishing this article, the British Council is trying to influence the mind of Nigerians. "Africa is Underpopulated. We have 20% of the world's landmass and only 13% of its population."

1. "Depopulation" is the highest priority of US and Europe foreign policy towards Africa.
2. Reduction of the rate of population in African states is a matter of vital US and European national security".
3. "The US and European economy will require large and increasing amounts of minerals from African countries.
That fact gives the US and Europe enhanced interests in the political, economic and social stability of the supplying African countries. Wherever a lessening of population can increase the prospects for such stability, population policy becomes relevant to resources, supplies and the economic interest of Europe and the United States".

Nuff said:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-334723.192.html#msg4706540
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by honeric01(m): 11:49am On Sep 07, 2010
Sagamite:

Over my dead body will I degrade to the level where my "facts" are:

People prefer not to dress well because they live in a village and not a city.

Those in the city are not on average more affluent than those in the villages.

Prices do not change even when food is transported.

One derelict building makes an area a slum.

Most Nigerians top-up their mobiles everyday.

An average pot of stew to feed 2 in Nigeria is £2.

Most Nigerians have a second stream of income and most own shops? Is Nigeria called Shopville.

People in Nigerian villages are not poor when they die in their mid-forties and will servilely seek money from you when you go there.

This is the main reason why i hardly argue with your kind, i always give options, but you often end up only dwelling on one of my options, ignoring the rest.

If you can kindly quote me where i said all these things without options, then I'd be glad to accept your ranting, must you lie to pass your points across? undecided

The issue of dressing was a "maybe", because i had alot of reasons posted and not just the one you chose to cling on.

On the issues of slum, i posted more than 5 different pix of different areas, how did you end up with 1?

On the village and city issue, you are just an issue, because i am yet to see where i said that.

infact, i am typing too much, JUST QUOTE ME, and stop twisting words as if we are in a court of law, you won't get any money from lying bro.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 11:56am On Sep 07, 2010
honeric01:

This is the main reason why i hardly argue with your kind, i always give options, but you often end up only dwelling on one of my options, ignoring the rest.

If you can kindly quote me where i said all these things without options, then I'd be glad to accept your ranting, most you lie to pass your points across? undecided

You did not say all this things. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

LWKMD.

Go and re-read your posts on this thread.

You want to waste my time.

The last one I showed you, due to your weed smoking, you said you did not see it even when I reposted the link. That one na Igbo Fire! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by honeric01(m): 11:58am On Sep 07, 2010
Sagamite:

You did not say all this things.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

LWKMD.

Go and re-read your posts on this thread.

You want to waste my time.

The last one I showed you, due to your weed smoking, you said you did not see it even when I reposted the link. That one na Igbo Fire! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Quote me word by word, that's what we call "FACT", do the right thing for once.

As for the link own, none of my post is on the pages you sent, the only one there was with TBK, and none was with you.
Re: Nigeria Close To Population Disaster – British Council Raises Alarm by Sagamite(m): 12:18pm On Sep 07, 2010
tkb

Here is a research of 1535 families in Abeokuta.

http://ajol.info/index.php/ad/article/viewFile/22250/19409

Albeit, it is of poor families in the city where kids have to do some kind of work. I think it will make sense to conservatively assume that type of family is representative of at least 50% of the town.

Look at page labelled 58 on the document but 9 in the truncated pdf.

Average household income of 80% of these families is at or under N20,000. And the average family size is 6 (2 parents and 4 kids)*

*Honerico, can you see an example of when I tell you that my brain is too sharp and has a lot of logical reasoning. What did I say about average family structure in Ilaro? You don't know I speak facts?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-507378.256.html#msg6712224

tkb did not argue stewpidly unlike you. He saw logic and accepted instead of grabbing any moronic point to defend a point that can not stand. If it was your dumb arse, you would have maintained that the average Nigerian family is 4 that because [assuming your logic process here] "We have abandoned polygamy in the South". I know how you argue moronically.

Back to tkb.

This was done by detailed survey by a Nigerian and Oyinbo.

N20,000 across 6 people is N111 per day. This is even ignoring the fact the survey said "Less than", lets assume 80% earn N20,000 on the dot. Lets assume they get occasional handout from rich people or families. 80% would still be living with less than $2 a day.

Lets not forget that Abeokuta is an urban area in the affluent SW. So what do you think those in rural villages would be earning? Especially in the destitute North?

I doubt it would be up to N10,000 per month in the rural areas in the North and this will be spread across a family of about 12-16.

Now to find out how many Nigerians live on less than $1 a day. We have to find out what proportion live in rural areas. I bet is is far more than 50% that live in rural areas.

By the time we do all the calculations, we will find that a large proportion of Nigerians live with less than $1 a day and easily 70% definitely live with less than $2 a day.

Lets not use the standard we see in the affluent SW to judge the whole of Nigeria. 50% of Nigerians live in the North.

There are several towns in the North where they do not even sell newspapers talkless of majority of people having mobile phones.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nasarawa Governorship Primaries: Maku Gives PDP One Week Ultimatum / Reps Sex Scandal Investigation Begins Today / ICC Invites Malami Over Shi'ites/Army Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.