Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Engr. Umahi's Second Term Victory: A Great Leap For Ebonyi State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Engr. Umahi's Second Term Victory: A Great Leap For Ebonyi State. (673 Views)

Anambra 2021: Major Leap For Maduka, 326 Wards Back Accord Party Guber Candidate / We Won’t Challenge Wike’s Second Term Victory – APC / Buhari's Victory A Referendum On Honesty And Integrity - New York Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Engr. Umahi's Second Term Victory: A Great Leap For Ebonyi State. by Dunaetamacce(f): 9:09am On Mar 12, 2019
I am delighted by the victory of the PDP in Ebonyi State in the just concluded 2019 general elections more than any other time in the history of my life. Ebonyians have shown that they appreciate good things, and they have demonstrated it by the overwhelming support they gave His Excellency Engr. Chief (Dr) David Umahi Nweze FNSE, FNATE and the PDP in this election. The victory is of God and for the people. They have defied the rave and rants of the naysayers and shown that they stand for equity, and good governance. Of course, this victory is a great leap for the infrastructural development of Ebonyi State.

I want to thank the officials and staff of the PDP at all levels in Ebonyi State. They have fought vigorously and diligently for this success, and God has given us the victory. The members of the Divine Mandate Campaign Committee have been dogged in the campaign, I owe them gratitude. Of particular mention is the Director. General of the Divine Mandate Campaign Committee, Engr. Chief Fidelis Nwankwo, whose astuteness and dedication added feather to the flight. I will not fail to mention the efforts and the people's acceptance of the candidates of the PDP, that acceptance is one of the reasons for the party's success. I congratulate you all. The members of the State Executive Council and all appointees of government, as well as the Local government chairmen and councilors, you deserve commendation, and my gratitude goes to you all.

My gratitude also goes to all the candidates of other parties who stepped down for His Excellency Engr. Chief David Umahi, they have demonstrated an uncommon act of statesmanship. I will not fail to recognize that the APC gubernatorial candidate, Senator Sonni Ogbuoji fought long and hard in this campaign, and he had even fought harder in 2015 for the victory of the Divine Mandate upon which he returned to the Senate. I urge him to accept defeat in good faith. Ebonyians have spoken.

Truthfully, this victory would not have been possible without the support of Ebonyi women. They defied threat and violence of those who wanted power through crooked means and stood hours at polling units to cast their votes for a man whose achievements in the first term have stunned everyone. Their unwavering support was also borne out of the kindness, charity, and motherly disposition of Her Excellency, the wife of the Executive Governor, Chief Mrs. Rachel Umahi. Her beauty lies in her kindheartedness.

The Deputy Governor and the Speaker whose partnership surpass measure, I congratulate you too. I will have to congratulate His Excellency, Engr. Chief David Umahi Nweze in a special way for making the PDP proud in Ebonyi State. You have shown that you are a leader with his subjects' welfare at heart. It is not by magic, your good works have spoken for you. And, I enjoin you to remain magnanimous in victory.

But above all, my gratitude goes to the electorates, especially those who are in no way employed by the government. The infrastructural strive of the governor endeared him to your hearts. I promise you that you will see more good works in the second term. The victory is yours. Development will reach your doorsteps.
I thank you all.

Signed:
Chief Barr. Onyekachi Nwebonyi
Chairman, PDP, Ebonyi State.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Bauchi Gov Abubakar Visits Aso Rock, Meets President Buhari / Drama In Court! Senator Adeleke's School Teachers Testify Against Him. / Just In !!!Orji Kalu Joins Muslims To Break Fast.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.