Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,578 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

God will come through for me - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / God will come through for me (6879 Views)

Does Genotype Affect God's Will In Marriage? / God will always take control / I Will Be So Happy If I See Help That Can Make My Wish Come Through (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 10:24am On Mar 13, 2019
nwanneniiii:
Lol.see her broke face cheesy
If you dey this young and you dey show poor like this,I wonder what your mum will look like grin
I wonder why a man Will hustle and come back only to come and marry a poor person.
Gold digging dirty thing!
you are a myopic and a nonentity fellow. Common to read and comprehend you cannot. Well I don't blame you. God created weeds among lilies. Buffoon

2 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 10:27am On Mar 13, 2019
Gloriagee:
Cyber bullying. You are soooo mean. She doesn't look poor and even if she does, it's not a crime to be poor but its def a crime to be a thief.

i don't understand why some people take delight on insulting other people. What I wanted was just opinion and not insult. This has been bothering me for so long I said let me post it here and get opinions or advices
Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 10:33am On Mar 13, 2019
victorian:

OK let's remove eye from mansion or houses

Help me ask her ,which of these men can she say , she truly loves? As they all claim to love her .

Which of these men can she stand by thru thick and thin?

Which of these men can she be loyal to, in any circumstances?

Or is she immuned from loving and supporting a man who wants to marry her?

She has not even choose any one and say mummy I love this man ! And my dad supports him too . so don't worry house or mansion will come later , as long as he has a thriving business or a good job.

All she's concerned is her mum's thought pattern.. And she has allowed three suitors to go like that? Because her mum wants a house for her .

Sighs young ladies of these days , I pity for una
No thought about love or loyalty .. Nothing !

Shes more concerned about her mum!

Anyways na una sabi! Have said my own.
No wonder divorce cases full everywhere . Selfishness abounds in the highest order , what will i get out of this marriage , naim dey people mind and it applies on both male and female . what a pity

What a great pity .
I have tried to talk to my mother but she is having non of it. She is insisting he must have a house. But the first one had a house and she still refused which makes me wonder if she wants me to get married atall. This is Nigeria where both parents consent is needed before marriage and my mom is not making it easy for me. I understand her fears but it's not what I want for myself. This current one doesn't own a house and I love him so much that I don't want to let go but my mom have refused vehemently. I don't know what else to do
Re: God will come through for me by victorian(f): 11:11am On Mar 13, 2019
Pinkie2018:
I have tried to talk to my mother but she is having non of it. She is insisting he must have a house. But the first one had a house and she still refused which makes me wonder if she wants me to get married atall. This is Nigeria where both parents consent is needed before marriage and my mom is not making it easy for me. I understand her fears but it's not what I want for myself. This current one doesn't own a house and I love him so much that I don't want to let go but my mom have refused vehemently. I don't know what else to do

Pardon me but What's your age?
Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 12:59am On Mar 14, 2019
victorian:

Pardon me but What's your age?
24 going on 25
Re: God will come through for me by Richy4(m): 10:35am On Mar 14, 2019
You were looking for sincere advice. ..Are u really ready for my own version?... OK here is my input...

If you were my my younger sister, I would have demanded that you tell me as if I was a 5yr old why marriage should be a top priority now @ 24.. I guess U started shopping for husband @ the age of 22.. from US suitors to Malaysia ones when u should be looking for a way to make a good career..

If you get married now, what saving do u have? U just go into marriage empty handed and u expect the man to take care of u from common sanitary pad to cloth that u were wearing. Are u not indirectly handing him right over u..since u have nothing to contribute financial wise..

U are in your finals (good news) but why not wait a little and get a job or has he promised to open a lucrative business for u? If not, then I am very disappointed that u got a smart phone but u can't think smart. trying to go into a union empty handed. I was made to understand that the daughter of the land are getting smarter but U? ... And to think that adults like your father was even supporting u over this....

Look I like when people do something that makes them happy as long as it does not hurt anyone. But u are about to make a cool mistake but if u think that getting married will make u happy then go ahead...

As for thinking that Your mother does not want you to get married, that is just a stupid thing to say.. Assuming you were working and were giving her money, I would have said otherwise... But your typing was based on someone who was clouded with infatuation on the fact that the "Guy was taking care of u" and u don't want to hear voice of reason..

What a matured lady would do will be is to have a mother and daughter conversation and find out the reason why your mother was giving cold shoulders to men that got no house... She might be trying to save u from the mistake she made in the past. Find out about it and go to your Father for confirmation... then u give her the assurance that it will not be like that.. My guess was something happened to her in the past that she does not want any of u to go through...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: God will come through for me by Acidosis(m): 11:31am On Mar 14, 2019
Your mom may influence you to marry a bad man. She may also ruin your home when you find yourself a good man.

So, getting married isn't even a problem here. Staying married is! Whether you marry a good man or not, I see your mom ruining everything unless you take decisive steps.

I fear 'good' people with bad parents. A lion cannot give birth to a goat.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: God will come through for me by ImaIma1(f): 12:25pm On Mar 14, 2019
But why are you letting her opinion ride yours concerning your life partner? If you really love a guy and you want to marry him, you shouldn't let your mum discourage you.

If you are smart enough, you will see that her reasons are not anything to take seriously. You need to wise up and take your stand

1 Like

Re: God will come through for me by franchasng: 7:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
grin grin
Re: God will come through for me by drmikeadams(m): 8:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
Officialgarri:
Your mum is a gold digger and I see the trait in you too undecided
grin grin[color=#000099][/color] grin

"And hé is taking care of me"

U see girls and gold digging grin

1 Like

Re: God will come through for me by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 9:00am On Nov 23, 2019
Pinkie2018:
[s] m a 24 year old lady and currently in my finals in a higher institution. My parent are separated since my early childhood. My dad remarried but my mum refused to remarry. Back in 2017, a guy came for my hand in marriage, my father was supportive but my mother refused outrightly even without meeting the guy claiming he's from Owerri, his house is a stone throw to us and saying he hasn't completed his house(Under construction then, 4 bedroom flat) and his job wasn't lucrative enough.
Last year another one that came back from USA came back to marry me, she refused too without meeting him claiming he isn't a graduate and hasn't built a house. That same year I showed her pics of the one in Malaysia, immediately she said she doesnt like him.This year again another one came, he is a business man living in lagos ,he spoke with my father and he likes him but immediately I called my mother the first question she asked me was "Has he built, if he hasnt tell him to go? ". I'm confused, should I let him go or go ahead with only my father's approval because I love this guy and he is taking care of me. His whole family like me, my sister, father, step-mom and other relatives are supportive but my mum is ever non bulging. I feel she doesn't want I and my sister to get married. Pls I need your sincere advice [/s]
naija girls are gold diggers.
tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 9:14am On Nov 23, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
naija girls are gold diggers.
tufiakwa
Nigerian guys are ass and pussy lickers. it's takes a gold digger to discover one. mofo
Re: God will come through for me by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 23, 2019
Pinkie2018:
Nigerian guys are ass and pussy lickers. it's takes a gold digger to discover one. mofo
Hope you married the guy?
Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 9:16am On Nov 23, 2019
They ignore the message and pick out a line to insult the op all the time. Pls grow up mofos

3 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 9:17am On Nov 23, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Hope you married the guy?
yes as a matter of fact we are engaged and preparing for a wedding soon. I only wanted advice, but seems you are only interested in insults. Continue

1 Like

Re: God will come through for me by Resurgent2016: 9:20am On Nov 23, 2019
Pinkie2018:
I have never being in support of her complains. This is no advice pls

Your mum's criteria for eligible suitor is building a house..... grin

She must be Ibo....

2 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 9:23am On Nov 23, 2019
Richy4:
You were looking for sincere advice. ..Are u really ready for my own version?... OK here is my input...

If you were my my younger sister, I would have demanded that you tell me as if I was a 5yr old why marriage should be a top priority now @ 24.. I guess U started shopping for husband @ the age of 22.. from US suitors to Malaysia ones when u should be looking for a way to make a good career..
My dear I just want to settle down. I will get a job and the family will just be fine. I'm not going into the union because I want him to be taking care of me financially. I'd rather marry at this age and be established in my husbsnd house than be rich and in my 30s and still single. You people will still insult that rich aunty who is unmarried. So dear understand my point.

If you get married now, what saving do u have? U just go into marriage empty handed and u expect the man to take care of u from common sanitary pad to cloth that u were wearing. Are u not indirectly handing him right over u..since u have nothing to contribute financial wise..

U are in your finals (good news) but why not wait a little and get a job or has he promised to open a lucrative business for u? If not, then I am very disappointed that u got a smart phone but u can't think smart. trying to go into a union empty handed. I was made to understand that the daughter of the land are getting smarter but U? ... And to think that adults like your father was even supporting u over this....

Look I like when people do something that makes them happy as long as it does not hurt anyone. But u are about to make a cool mistake but if u think that getting married will make u happy then go ahead...

As for thinking that Your mother does not want you to get married, that is just a stupid thing to say.. Assuming you were working and were giving her money, I would have said otherwise... But your typing was based on someone who was clouded with infatuation on the fact that the "Guy was taking care of u" and u don't want to hear voice of reason..

What a matured lady would do will be is to have a mother and daughter conversation and find out the reason why your mother was giving cold shoulders to men that got no house... She might be trying to save u from the mistake she made in the past. Find out about it and go to your Father for confirmation... then u give her the assurance that it will not be like that.. My guess was something happened to her in the past that she does not want any of u to go through...
Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 9:26am On Nov 23, 2019
Resurgent2016:

Your mum's criteria for eligible suitor is building a house..... grin

She must be Ibo....
My mum experienced hell when they were living in my dad's family house with his sisters and mother. They are the major reason they aren't together today. I understand my mums point. But I'm tired of her making decisions for me. I don't want to marry based on material things. I just want a peaceful and loving marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 9:28am On Nov 23, 2019
Pinkie2018:
I hope you go through this, before you stone me
Re: God will come through for me by Resurgent2016: 9:29am On Nov 23, 2019
Pinkie2018:

My mum experienced hell when they were living in my dad's family house with his sisters and mother. They are the major reason they aren't together today. I understand my mums point. But I'm tired of her making decisions for me. I don't want to marry based on material things. I just want a peaceful and loving marriage.

Ooh, I feel sorry for her. You need to take it easy with her, she has probably kept the pain inside till became an open sore that is irritated each time the subject is broached.

Although renting a place should also suffice, why must he build?

What if the relatives decide to move in to the husband's house and he is not inclined to ejecting them?

Building is not the solution to the mischief your mum is trying to avoid

4 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 9:31am On Nov 23, 2019
Resurgent2016:

Ooh, I feel sorry for her. You need to take it easy with her, she has probably kept the pain inside till became an open sore that is irritated each time the subject is broached.
you are right. I understand she's pained that my dad didn't fight for her and remarried. I pray what happened to her doesn't happen to me. I'm a child of divorce, I don't want my children to experience that

1 Like

Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 9:34am On Nov 23, 2019
Resurgent2016:

Although renting a place should also suffice, why must he build?

What if the relatives decide to move in to the husband's house and he is not inclined to ejecting them?

Building is not the solution to the mischief your mum is trying to avoid
thats what I'm trying to make her understand. Whether rented or own what matters is love and understanding.

1 Like

Re: God will come through for me by Omoluabi16(m): 10:02am On Nov 23, 2019
Pinkie2018:
I'm a 24 year old lady and currently in my finals in a higher institution. My parent are separated since my early childhood. My dad remarrhim but immediately I called my mother the first quest
So within 2 years, one has come from owerri, U.S, Malaysia and Lagos to ask for your hand in marriage.. then you're pissed because your mum refused for her good/selfish reasons.
Your relationships seem quite unstable. Find someone you'll hold it out with.You're still in school, and your dad is not harsh. Stick to this Lagos guy and stand your ground with your mum. Eventually, she'll break.

1 Like

Re: God will come through for me by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 23, 2019
Pinkie2018:
yes as a matter of fact we are engaged and preparing for a wedding soon. I only wanted advice, but seems you are only interested in insults. Continue
"you"? Just saw ur thread today and decided to ask if everything worked out good. I'm not interested in insults OK, I understand ur position. All d best

1 Like

Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 11:01am On Nov 23, 2019
Omoluabi16:
So within 2 years, one has come from owerri, U.S, Malaysia and Lagos to ask for your hand in marriage.. then you're pissed because your mum refused for her good/selfish reasons.
Your relationships seem quite unstable. Find someone you'll hold it out with.You're still in school, and your dad is not harsh. Stick to this Lagos guy and stand your ground with your mum. Eventually, she'll break.
yes we are engaged now

1 Like

Re: God will come through for me by bluefilm: 11:45am On Nov 23, 2019
Your mom is an enemy of progress.
Re: God will come through for me by bukatyne(f): 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2019
Pinkie2018:
yes we are engaged now

Has your mom softened?

If she hasn't, you need to keep her far away from your home.
Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
bukatyne:

Has your mom softened?

If she hasn't, you need to keep her far away from your home.
yes but albeit grudgingly

1 Like

Re: God will come through for me by Lonelypacifist6: 5:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
Your mom is a bitter individual "sorry that" she doesn't want you to have what she didn't, a love life you had better Leave her to her bitterness.

1 Like

Re: God will come through for me by armadeo(m): 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2019
This is laughable.

Your mother wants a made man for you? While the act itself is understandable a man not building a house doesn't make him a failure.

What if he isnt ready to build?

Anyway the only thing you should know is when you marry it's you and your husband. No mother no father. Your mum doesn't want you to leave so better do what you want.

You will never marry if you keep listening to her and end up miserable.

The joy is yours alone and not shared when you marry. Be joyful

3 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by ireneidiva(f): 2:33am On Nov 24, 2019
Pinkie2018:
I'm a 24 year old lady and currently in my finals in a higher institution. My parent are separated since my early childhood. My dad remarried but my mum refused to remarry. Back in 2017, a guy came for my hand in marriage, my father was supportive but my mother refused outrightly even without meeting the guy claiming he's from Owerri, his house is a stone throw to us and saying he hasn't completed his house(Under construction then, 4 bedroom flat) and his job wasn't lucrative enough.
Last year another one that came back from USA came back to marry me, she refused too without meeting him claiming he isn't a graduate and hasn't built a house. That same year I showed her pics of the one in Malaysia, immediately she said she doesnt like him.This year again another one came, he is a business man living in lagos ,he spoke with my father and he likes him but immediately I called my mother the first question she asked me was "Has he built, if he hasnt tell him to go? ". I'm confused, should I let him go or go ahead with only my father's approval because I love this guy and he is taking care of me. His whole family like me, my sister, father, step-mom and other relatives are supportive but my mum is ever non bulging. I feel she doesn't want I and my sister to get married. Pls I need your sincere advice
You are 24 in final year? Marriage shouldn't be your priority now. If you get married when you have no job, how will you get money? From your husband? Every single thing you need he will provide? Are you sure you want to do that?

3 Likes

Re: God will come through for me by Pinkie2018(f): 2:41am On Nov 24, 2019
ireneidiva:

You are 24 in final year? Marriage shouldn't be your priority now. If you get married when you have no job, how will you get money? From your husband? Every single thing you need he will provide? Are you sure you want to do that?
so the ladies that got married while in school or the ones that got married immediately they left secondary school are now beggars or liability. Who told you I'm marrying because I need a man to shoulder my responsibilities. I just want to settle down now Pls. Who even told you I don't have handwork or I won't get a job after school. After this year I won't be 24 again..... Time Waits for no one. So the man that knows I'm in finals and decided to marry me is a fool abi. I'm hope you won't get to 30 before a man comes to marry you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? / First Time Mothers! / Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.