Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. (36081 Views)

Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? / See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? / See My Cgpa For Level 200 First Semester, Can I still make first class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by PreciousRahl(m): 9:46am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:
So am in level 2 going to level 3 and i just saw my cgpa, it's 4.73 and the guy leading my dpartment has 4.84. My dream is to graduate as the best student in my department. So how do i overtake. Am studying accounting.

Go and read your books

Last last you go dey alright grin
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Tweetums(f): 9:47am On Mar 13, 2019
OneCorner:
Go and learn trade
them forced u to comment?
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Radiant1020(f): 9:47am On Mar 13, 2019
The best person to over take is your self
Pls don't see it as a competition...just do the very best

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Gaspardd(m): 9:47am On Mar 13, 2019
Lol, U see u re going to graduate with 5.0 insha allah. And then you re gonna be lucky to get a job and you re gonna be working hard to make money (so that he can buy the latest cars and travel round the world with his oloshos) for sn who didnt go to sch and got that position cuz he knows sn that knows sn.
Futhermore sn who doesnt even match ur knowledge in that field will be promoted to boss you around cus he knows how to bribe d oga at d top with drinks or women.
And thats assuming u re lucky to get a job which is a very very slight chance.

1 Like

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:
So am in level 2 going to level 3 and i just saw my cgpa, it's 4.73 and the guy leading my dpartment has 4.84. My dream is to graduate as the best student in my department. So how do i overtake. Am studying accounting.
After all has been done, best student means shit. Your ability to get a good job is all that matters.
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Balet: 9:47am On Mar 13, 2019
Dvd4:
Congrats! It's not C.G.P.A yet, it's G.P. By the way, which school?
It is CGPA dear, inasmuch it is not the result of the 1st semester of the 1st yr.
However, to the OP, try to put more efforts and stop thinking about overtaking the best student. What will be will be.

1 Like

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Papvz: 9:47am On Mar 13, 2019
So many have divergent opinion about this. Op I advice that you just stay focused and don't be distracted by what others are saying, also don't concentrate on overtaking the other guy just concentrate on being the best you can be and the reward will be great

2 Likes

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by rusher14: 9:47am On Mar 13, 2019
First class student writing 'am' instead of "I'm".

Grammar isn't everything but it sure affects your prospects.

3 Likes

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by anonymous96: 9:47am On Mar 13, 2019
Balolord123:

Its his cumulative grade point average, once u gave crossed hundred level u have a cumulative GPA.
How dd he see it? he says he just saw his CGPA... Maybe times hv changed now o.. but u can't see ur CGPA till finals unless u calculate it urself
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by crixlight2(m): 9:48am On Mar 13, 2019
[quote author=Dvd4 post=76594493][/quote]
Kill the guy ... I am genius
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by olasteve19(m): 9:48am On Mar 13, 2019
Maybe you should kill him....you might not meet him oooo
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by ajulu8000(m): 9:48am On Mar 13, 2019
Life is not competition....try your best bro...if its your it's yours...First class Na First class....I finished with 4.51 and I don't regret having it. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Escravos(m): 9:48am On Mar 13, 2019
OneCorner:
It’s people like u dat normally end up as lesson teacher or graduate selling puff puff
And people will now be saying, and he knows book oo
envious and hateful being
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 13, 2019
Pruwa:
Study hard!!!
And try and be friends with him to teach how he does it
But hope u have a side hustle too
Because there is no assurance of a job after school these days
not trying to sound facetious, but what if the other student he's competing with also studies hard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by KendrickAyomide: 9:49am On Mar 13, 2019
OneCorner:
It’s people like u dat normally end up as lesson teacher or graduate selling puff puff
And people will now be saying, and he knows book oo
Lmao.. big facts my brother.. you Can't be more accurate
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Escravos(m): 9:50am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:
congrats bro just work hard and have fate and God willing your efforts will be rewarded
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Icon4s(m): 9:50am On Mar 13, 2019
highcollide:
You think life is about cgpa?

Life go still jam you no worry.

For the level he is in life presently life should be all about CGPA so he is on the right track.

One step at a time.

5 Likes

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by famouscargo4u: 9:51am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax, the best you can do is not to monitor your competitor. your target is to get A grade in all courses. Prepare for your test very well and your exam like your life depends on it. since you are already in level 2 going to 3, my advice is that
you should improve on whatsoever you've been doing that got you this far. remember, don't act like you are competing with anyone as this may demoralize you if you find out he edged you, just focus on getting A in all courses. with this, you would get desired result.

5 Likes

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by totalhouse(m): 9:51am On Mar 13, 2019
Celebrate your feat first and study harder. You can still top your class. However if you don't, just make sure you finish with first class. Good luck. Don't play down on God's factor.
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Icon4s(m): 9:52am On Mar 13, 2019
ajulu8000:
Life is not competition....try your best bro...if its your it's yours...First class Na First class....I finished with 4.51 and I don't regret having it. Goodluck

Consciously or unconsciously u still need that element of competition. It is a major driving force

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by adoho(m): 9:52am On Mar 13, 2019
Even though I feel this is a futile venture,

I'd say focus more in every course you're taking including 1unit. Make sure you get an A in all of them henceforth. Know the requirements of each lecturer. Forget about the other dude with 4.8, focus on YOU.
make SURE YOU GET A's ONLY HENCFORTH

1 Like

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by King44(m): 9:52am On Mar 13, 2019
Valleys:
@op you don't need first class or to be the best in that your class for you to be relevant in the industry. Just go and register for ICAN and pursue it with your 2/1 then you are good to go. Don't be deceived with first class in accounting.
OGA IF U HAVE BRAIN FOLLOW THIS ADVICE, CHASE GP WITH SENSE
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by bettercreature(m): 9:53am On Mar 13, 2019
Pruwa:
Study hard!!!
And try and be friends with him to teach how he does it
But hope u have a side hustle too
Because there is no assurance of a job after school these days
There are jobs for brilliant ones esp accounting grads
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Baselm: 9:53am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:

Graduating as the best student in your department is no guarantee to success in life, the award might only give you an edge when applying for certain scholarships like ptdf. What you need to do now is to focus on life after school, Improve your communication skills,get a mentor who is practicing your preferred occupation and learn from real life situations, start a business if possible, keep reading and maintain your first class. You might still graduate as the best in your department if you are destined to.

I wasted my university days on stuffs like this too,the only competition I'm in now is with myself. I have to keep being a better person everyday.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by IkemChris(m): 9:54am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:
My brother I don't know how you can over take him oooo. The both of you are really running on a fast lane. Some people are even looking for how to borrow the .73 in yours to pay back in future

1 Like

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by AmazingELixir: 9:55am On Mar 13, 2019
grin grin grin

Just reading through the comments....jeez! I love nairalanders what a collection of queer and dysfunctional characters...I would rather not be on any other social media platform save for this one.

3 Likes

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by ajulu8000(m): 9:55am On Mar 13, 2019
No matter how hard you try in life bro...if it's not destined to be so it won't be so...Dangote is not the smartest but he is favored...Dangote has competitors but it did not change that he is the richest black man.
Icon4s:

Consciously or unconsciously u still need that element of competition. It is a major driving force

1 Like

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by BabbanBura(m): 9:55am On Mar 13, 2019
Dvd4:
Congrats! It's not C.G.P.A yet, it's G.P. By the way, which school?

Year 1 plus year 2 grades put together no ve cgpa, wetin dem be? ITK!

1 Like

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Baselm: 9:55am On Mar 13, 2019
bettercreature:
There are jobs for brilliant ones esp accounting grads

Go to KPMG, PwC, Deloitte and others , there are lots of engineers there, most beat accountants to the employment. there are always jobs for brilliant people irrespective of course.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Waksdabos(m): 9:56am On Mar 13, 2019
Can l advice you? The competition is not worth it. It probably can't fetch you something tangible after graduation. Focus more on getting life skills. I focused my attention in getting good grades without considering life skills. Now am suffering for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

500-Level UNIUYO Student’s School Fees Raised By Nigerians On Twitter In 5 Hours / Check Out This Number Five Question From UNIUYO Philosophy Exam / OAU NASU Celebrates Omole's Exit From Office Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.