Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Documents To Provide For UK Tier2 Dependants Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Documents To Provide For UK Tier2 Dependants Visa (1640 Views)

UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% / UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants / Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Documents To Provide For UK Tier2 Dependants Visa by bitbybit123: 8:19pm On Mar 12, 2019
My wife was given 3 years tier2 general visa to uk since last year and thus the whole family has to apply to meet her now. The company where she works has given us a maintenance letter for a month and after i have filled an application for my family and submitted, the UKVI said the documents i will submit are:

1. The passport or travel document

2. Evidence of my wife permission to enter or stay in the UK.

3. Criminal record certificate for Nigeria

4. Proof of relationship to your partner - for example, marriage or civil partnership certificates

5. A marriage certificate, or a reasonable equivalent.

My questions now are:
1. No mention was made of me or my wife bank statement of account and a friend whose family is already there is saying that i have to submit my statement of account despite the fact that UKVI have not asked for it. This is confusing to me as i think i have to submit ONLY the documents required of me to submit.
2. What other proof of relationship to ones partner do they expect to be submitted beside marriage certificate?
3. While filling the form, i said i have no dependants here in nigeria besides my children who are going with me. I need to know whether that will not count against me. But honestly, i have dependants but they dont have international passports because i have to fill in the passport details.

Please i need reply from those who have done this successfully before.
Thank you all.
Re: Documents To Provide For UK Tier2 Dependants Visa by bitbybit123: 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2019
bitbybit123:
My wife was given 3 years tier2 general visa to uk since last year and thus the whole family has to apply to meet her now. The company where she works has given us a maintenance letter for a month and after i have filled an application for my family and submitted, the UKVI said the documents i will submit are:

1. The passport or travel document

2. Evidence of my wife permission to enter or stay in the UK.

3. Criminal record certificate for Nigeria

4. Proof of relationship to your partner - for example, marriage or civil partnership certificates

5. A marriage certificate, or a reasonable equivalent.

My questions now are:
1. No mention was made of me or my wife bank statement of account and a friend whose family is already there is saying that i have to submit my statement of account despite the fact that UKVI have not asked for it. This is confusing to me as i think i have to submit ONLY the documents required of me to submit.
2. What other proof of relationship to ones partner do they expect to be submitted beside marriage certificate?
3. While filling the form, i said i have no dependants here in nigeria besides my children who are going with me. I need to know whether that will not count against me. But honestly, i have dependants but they dont have international passports because i have to fill in the passport details.

Please i need reply from those who have done this successfully before.
Thank you all.

Waiting
Re: Documents To Provide For UK Tier2 Dependants Visa by jesmond3945: 1:20pm On Mar 13, 2019
Your dependants are your children
You dont need statement since your wife is taking care of you, she is the one that would submit statement. If her statement is not enough then you have to submit yours
You need to present family pictures and chat and call logs
Birth certificate of all your kids
Your landed properties too
Your wife need to give you some docs as well.
Re: Documents To Provide For UK Tier2 Dependants Visa by bitbybit123: 8:44pm On Mar 13, 2019
jesmond3945:
Your dependants are your children
You dont need statement since your wife is taking care of you, she is the one that would submit statement. If her statement is not enough then you have to submit yours
You need to present family pictures and chat and call logs
Birth certificate of all your kids
Your landed properties too
Your wife need to give you some docs as well.
Thanks for your response.
This is where i get confused because my question is that do i have to submit any documents they have not asked me to submit because after completing the application, they listed the documents they require of me to submit. Its just that i want to be careful so as not to do 'oversabi' cause 'wahala' for myself.
Re: Documents To Provide For UK Tier2 Dependants Visa by jesmond3945: 9:52pm On Mar 13, 2019
bitbybit123:

Thanks for your response.
This is where i get confused because my question is that do i have to submit any documents they have not asked me to submit because after completing the application, they listed the documents they require of me to submit. Its just that i want to be careful so as not to do 'oversabi' cause 'wahala' for myself.
i would advise you do as I say. I know this people very well.
Re: Documents To Provide For UK Tier2 Dependants Visa by bitbybit123: 9:51am On Mar 14, 2019
jesmond3945:
i would advise you do as I say. I know this people very well.
Ok. thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Prepare For Depression - Nigerian Lady Tells Those Planning To Relocate To U.K / How Is Life In Malaysia / Life In Czech Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.