Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,000 members, 7,825,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Facts About Igbos And Igboland. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facts About Igbos And Igboland. (11584 Views)

What Bishop Ajayi Crowther Said About Igbos After Visiting Igboland In 1857 / Some Indisputable Facts About The Igbos And Igboland / See What Lord Lugard Said About Igbos, Yorubas And Hausas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by nwanyionitsha: 11:51pm On Mar 13, 2019
mercyville:

These are still Igbo people pooping in Lagos.They are the most dirty in the world.
Keep hitting your head on that transformer..
Nothing is going to change.
First, query your fg on point number eleven, then i know you are serious.
Why will an igbo child score the highest cut off point of 139 to get into unity schools?

That igbotic giant masquerade is be becoming a reality. The dream is about to be fulfilled. See afonjas wailing on this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by KGD10: 11:53pm On Mar 13, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Keep hitting your head on that transformer..
Nothing is going to change.
First, query your fg on point number eleven, then i know you are serious.
Why will an igbo child score the highest cut off point of 139 to get into unity schools?

That igbotic giant masquerade is be becoming a reality. The dream is about to be fulfilled. See afonjas wailing on this thread.

Where were you when Ibos took Fashola to court over mandatory monthly sanitation?

You people can be so dirty.

2 Likes

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by horsepower101: 11:54pm On Mar 13, 2019
Enjoy few pictures of Enugu: voted the FIRST most resilient city in Nigeria in 2014

Voted By an independent and unbiased outside organization.

Igbo truely Amaka

7 Likes

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by BeautifulMind2: 11:57pm On Mar 13, 2019
KGD10:

Office complex is different from housing estates or industrial layout/complex. Don't let me call you dummy.

Orjiako was only leased a land to build his office in eko Atlantic city.
Otondo ABC Orjiakor bought Afren Tower in Eko Atlantic city
ABC Orjiako moves oil firm into Eko Atlantic’s Afren Tower
The first building to be completed in Nigeria’s cutting-edge city of the future, Eko Atlantic, has been acquired by oil magnate and Chairman of Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc, Dr. ABC Orjiako, THISDAY reports.

The 15-storey building, designated Alpha 1 or Afren Tower, was built with the intention of having Afren Plc, once a London Stock Exchange (LSE) listed independent oil and gas firm with interests in Nigeria, Ghana, Kurdistan, The Gabon and Cote d’Ivoire, as its anchor tenant. However, by the time Alpha 1 was completed last year, Afren had filed for administration leading to uncertainty with regard to the project.

It was learnt that Orjiako has commenced the relocation of one of his exploration and production firms – Salvic Petroleum – to Alpha 1. Although Orjiako holds the majority interest in Salvic Petroleum, the company is chaired by Mr. Oye Hassan Odukale, who is also the MD/CEO of Leadway Assurance Limited, and has his wife, Henrietta, as its executive vice chairman. Another director of the company includes Ikem Okafor who doubles as its CEO.

Salvic will be remembered for its attempt to take over the Strategic Alliance Agreements (SAA) held by Jide Omokore’s Atlantic Energy Drilling Concept (AEDC) for the financing of six oil blocks operated by the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company, the E&P subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), until the deal fell through last year.

Despite its inability to get the federal government’s approval for the SAA after a competitive tender, Salvic has turned its sights on providing services as a sub-contractor to Shoreline Natural Resources Limited and its partner, UK-based Heritage Oil, operator of Oil Mining Lease (OML) 30. A senior official of Shoreline confirmed that Salvic, with its track record in E&P operations, has helped to ramp up production in the prolific oil block, which has 11 fields, to 60,000 barrels per day.

2 Likes

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by nwanyionitsha: 12:00am On Mar 14, 2019
KGD10:

Where were you when Ibos took Fashola to court over mandatory monthly sanitation?

What has that got to do with this thread?
Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by BeautifulMind2: 12:01am On Mar 14, 2019
horsepower101:
Enjoy few pictures of Enugu: voted the FIRST most resilient city in Nigeria in 2014

Voted By an independent and unbiased outside organization.

Igbo truely Amaka
Igbo Amaka those guys are dumb grin

4 Likes

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by nwanyionitsha: 12:01am On Mar 14, 2019
KGD10:

See this one. That was Baba suwe when the ndlea forced him to shit inside a bucket because they had suspected him of ingesting drugs but nothing came out until he was eventually acquitted.

You are really a lost cause. Yeye
Whatever,this is a regular sight at molete and bere.
Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by nwanyionitsha: 12:02am On Mar 14, 2019
KGD10:

Office complex is different from housing estates or industrial layout/complex. Don't let me call you dummy.

Orjiako was only leased a land to build his office in eko Atlantic city.
But he was still the first.

3 Likes

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by BeautifulMind2: 12:04am On Mar 14, 2019
KGD10:

Igbos don go far grin

5 Likes

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by KGD10: 12:18am On Mar 14, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
But he was still the first.

So what's the usefulness of it? Buying (leasing) land is now something to boast about? Wonder shall never end.

If the dream of eko Atlantic city wasn't birthed, would he have seen where to lease land? Yeye dey smell.

2 Likes

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by KGD10: 12:22am On Mar 14, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

Otondo ABC Orjiakor bought Afren Tower in Eko Atlantic city
ABC Orjiako moves oil firm into Eko Atlantic’s Afren Tower
The first building to be completed in Nigeria’s cutting-edge city of the future, Eko Atlantic, has been acquired by oil magnate and Chairman of Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc, Dr. ABC Orjiako, THISDAY reports.

The 15-storey building, designated Alpha 1 or Afren Tower, was built with the intention of having Afren Plc, once a London Stock Exchange (LSE) listed independent oil and gas firm with interests in Nigeria, Ghana, Kurdistan, The Gabon and Cote d’Ivoire, as its anchor tenant. However, by the time Alpha 1 was completed last year, Afren had filed for administration leading to uncertainty with regard to the project.

It was learnt that Orjiako has commenced the relocation of one of his exploration and production firms – Salvic Petroleum – to Alpha 1. Although Orjiako holds the majority interest in Salvic Petroleum, the company is chaired by Mr. Oye Hassan Odukale, who is also the MD/CEO of Leadway Assurance Limited, and has his wife, Henrietta, as its executive vice chairman. Another director of the company includes Ikem Okafor who doubles as its CEO.

Salvic will be remembered for its attempt to take over the Strategic Alliance Agreements (SAA) held by Jide Omokore’s Atlantic Energy Drilling Concept (AEDC) for the financing of six oil blocks operated by the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company, the E&P subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), until the deal fell through last year.

Despite its inability to get the federal government’s approval for the SAA after a competitive tender, Salvic has turned its sights on providing services as a sub-contractor to Shoreline Natural Resources Limited and its partner, UK-based Heritage Oil, operator of Oil Mining Lease (OML) 30. A senior official of Shoreline confirmed that Salvic, with its track record in E&P operations, has helped to ramp up production in the prolific oil block, which has 11 fields, to 60,000 barrels per day.

Will you keep quiet? He was leased land to build his office.

So? Was he the one that developed the eko Atlantic city or made the dream to come true? Abi you dey mad?

Did he build housing estates or industrial layout in the said place? You're running mad and you have no one to tell you.

3 Likes

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by nwanyionitsha: 12:23am On Mar 14, 2019
KGD10:

So what's the usefulness of it? Buying (leasing) land is now something to boast about? Wonder shall never end.

If the dream of eko Atlantic city wasn't birthed, would he have seen where to lease land? Yeye dey smell.
It is history.
If it was on the list of these facts about igbos and igboland, you would have still been upset or started your propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by KGD10: 12:23am On Mar 14, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Whatever,this is a regular sight at molete and bere.

Will you keep quiet? Yeye. The most dirty places in Lagos are those inhabited by Ibos.
Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by KGD10: 12:28am On Mar 14, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
It is history.
If it was on the list of these facts about igbos and igboland, you would have still been upset or started your propaganda.

Go and sit down. Fact is he was so desperate to have bought a land before the city was even ready. Too much Desperation.If Eko Atlantic city wasn't made a dream come true, would he come there to buy land?

Let him go and build his office in his SE village. Yeye.

2 Likes

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by KGD10: 12:29am On Mar 14, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
What has that got to do with this thread?

To tell you how Ibos hate sanitation.
Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by BeautifulMind2: 12:32am On Mar 14, 2019
KGD10:

Will you keep quiet? He was leased land to build his office.

So? Was he the one that developed the eko Atlantic city or made the dream to come true? Abi you dey mad?

Did he build housing estates or industrial layout in the said place? You're running mad and you have no one to tell you.
Otondo go and read more about Eko Atlantic city project

1 Like

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by Olumyco(m): 2:47am On Mar 14, 2019
To me I see one Nigeria developing very fast. For those achievements listed I do not see them as Igbo achievements alone I see them as Nigeria's achievement. We are one. Both Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa and other tribes are one Nigeria.
It is when many of us travel outside that we will know that it is one Nigeria. With the pictures of beautiful cities posted from the east and west I can brag about it anywhere in the world. Let's try and see ourselves as one. The Igbos are great so are the Yorubas. We need one another to grow this country. Lets keep the development coming.
See next time we can compare Nigeria with other big countries of Africa. The Igbos and the Yorubas are one. Thesame Nigeria blood runs in us. Lets have conversation that will make us more united.
I as a Yoruba should not be able to imagine Nigeria without my Igbo brother. Also the Igbos should not be able to imagine Nigeria without the Yourbas. Same with other tribes.
We youths of Nairaland have work to do. Lets tackle this tribalism issue once and for all. Lets preach and kick against IPOB, Afonja and whatever that is causing division. Let's kick against those Nnamdi Kanu Spirit and spirit of division. It doesnt help. See whether you and I like it or not. We Yorubas and Igbos have come to find ourselves in thesame country. We have existed together for more than 100 years. So lets just move on. Hatred kills innovation. Tribalism kills unity which indirectly kills progress. Nigeria is not the only country with more than one tribe. So lets live in harmony and that's all. We have greater problems we need to battle together.

To me if we divide, then we have allowed tribalism problem to conquer us. And even after division if one of the tribe is not doing well should that be the joy of other tribes? Shouldn't we try and help one another. Is there crime in helping ourselves. If I see my Ibo brother stranded on the highway or involve in an accident shouldn't I be able help him or her?
I ask, what is the benefit of tribalism? Can anyone here see his other tribe brother in problem and not help him? Even pple from other countries we will surely help. Abeg make we wise up. Tribalism does not have any application. We should stop this tribalism for once here on nairaland and see ourselves as brothers. If Nigeria is great today the credit won't go to a tribe but to all tribes.

Long Live One Nigeria
Say No To Tribalism It is Childish.
Say Yes To Unity In Diversity
Igbos And Yoruba Are One.
We are One Nigeria

Thanks
Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by BeautifulMind2: 6:33am On Mar 14, 2019
Akson22:

This is igbo land, the most beautiful in the world lol
Keep fooling yourself the pictures you guys posted are Lagos

First originated in 2013 grin

1 Like

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by BeautifulMind2: 6:43am On Mar 14, 2019
Akson22:

Stfu it’s onitsha. The most dirtiest city in Nigeria with is 1 gra. Despite having small size
Otondo Onitsha doesn't use Danfo from transport, Lagos is most dirtes city in the world

2 Likes

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by BeautifulMind2: 6:44am On Mar 14, 2019
Akson22:

Stfu it’s onitsha. The most dirtiest city in Nigeria with is 1 gra. Despite having small size
Anambra if far bigger than Lagos in size
Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by BeautifulMind2: 6:46am On Mar 14, 2019
Akson22:

This is Onitsha

3 Likes

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by Drshobz(m): 8:37am On Mar 14, 2019
can we just leave this tribalism
it kills unity
let's learn to live as one
seun u have step up ur game
in curtailing the rate of hate speech here
I know u make money from d traffic
but pls every thing is not all about money
do something cus nairaland is turning to something else
Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by 9jabull: 9:13am On Mar 14, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
About igbos and igboland:

1) Finding a bungalow in #Onitsha is like looking for a fish in a desert

2) #Onitsha has more multistorey buildings than most locality in Nigeria

3) #Owerri has the most concentration of hotels,clubs and bars per square meter in Nigeria

4) #Onitsha is the most densely populated city in Nigeria outside Lagos

5) #Enugu in 2014 made the list of Most resilient cities in the world and the first in Nigeria.

6) #Owerri and #Aba have the most organized city masterplan, initiated by former governor Sam Mbakwe of old imo state. Sadly Aba has been left to rot, due to bad governance.

7)#Anambra state has the best urban and rural road network of any state in Nigeria

cool: For the past 10yrs, #Anambra, #IMO, #Abia, #Enugu, are the leading states in WAEC, NECO and JAMB, and are also the leading states with NYSC passouts

9) #Imo, #Anambra, #Delta presently have the most PhD holder and Professors in Nigeria

10) By premiumtimes report, #IMO, #Anambra and #Delta are the leading states for law admission for the past 5yrs, while #Imo, #Anambra, #Delta and #Enugu are leading for medicine admission

11)#Anambra #Imo and #Enugu have the highest cut off mark for admission into federal unity schools and colleges, yet these states produce the most graduates from those colleges. For Anambra, it is 139, Imo 138, Enugu 134,

12) In 2017, #igbo students dominated the list of graduates in Engineering departments in covenant university.

13) In any city, town or village you enter outside #Igboland in #Nigeria, after the indigenous language speakers, the next are the #Igbos

14) #Igbos are the largest diaspora#Nigerians in any country in the world except in the Uk, where the #yorubas hold sway.

15) University of Nigeria Nsukka, has the most influential alumni of any university in #Nigeria

16) #Owerri has the highest concentration of beautiful girls of any city in #Nigeria.

17) #Onitsha main market in #Anambra state and #Ariaria market in #Aba #Abia state remain the biggest commodity markets in west Africa.

18) #Igboland has the biggest and most influential Football and Nollywood stars in #Nigeria

19) #Onitsha houses the highest concentration of multi storey apartments per square meter in #Sub-Saharan #Africa

20) In 2018, National Inland Waterways Authority(NIWA), reported that 60 Per Cent Of Cargo In #Nigeria Goes to #Onitsha

21)#Portharcourt, #Owerri, #Enugu and #Asaba airports are the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 8th busiest airports in #Nigeria respectively.

22)#Uli airport in present day #Anambra state was the first indigenously built airport in black Africa. Built by the #Biafrans during the civil war. Though a makeshift airport, it served its purpose during the civil war but was destroyed after the war.

23) #Imo Airport is the only indigene built and the first state owned airport in #Nigeria. Built from contributions and donations from Indigenes (then #Imo and #Abia). Initiated under the leadership of Sam Mbakwe, but officially commenced operation in 1991.

Bastardmod
NgadaAwo
Osidec
Stanweezy
eagleeye2

Anambraforpeter
, adadike, salvador1, pchukwudi, Catastrophe1, angelusbrut, oilPUSSY, Zorbadezinc, naijaroyalty

NgadaAwo, Salvador4, pekele007, mopolchi, osagyefo98, pointblank247, earthquake2, chiefobdk, beebeeooh, tsinzu, phase1, Mekaboy, Anambra1
Nbote, Amarabae, Nothingdome, Obi1kenobi.
Goddys, Bionixs, Princedapace, Asuustrike1,
ClumsyFlimsy, Bonapart, vikky014, Ziggylady
Arantess, SouthEastFacts, Dmerciful,
, timekeeper , westaslave2 , lalasticlaca , immhotep ,lzaa , husbandsnatcha ,keryj ,funmisticqueen .
Analqueenluci , preshy561 , marialavina , wetdick
amatarasha, iluvMAMAV

Igboland including delta state is the most developed communities ( structures, roads, electricity) with individuals & community effort with out federal project & structure.

Igbo mmamma nunu, Igbo kwenu, ala Igbo ga adiriri mma.
All hail Igbo's.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by Bighead9: 10:55am On Mar 14, 2019
Quorax:

Nice meeting u too bro. I spent 15 years in Benin..

We are all paper tigers no mind all these fight... All these fight na nairaland e end, thankfully.

Doesn't it amaze you that Igbos and Yorubas are the Most intermarried ethnic group in Nigeria?

My best friend for hustle na Yoruba.

When I had health issues and needed urgent medical attention, na my Yoruba friend from nairaland use her medical doctor husband influence break barriers such that I scaled through what could have taken weeks and had it done 48 hours at Ife teaching hospital because I needed to get back to base for my project.

And why did the husband do it? Cos she told him that before she met him, I was the person helping her when she was faced with lots of financial crisis being the first child and the most surprising thing then was I never set my eyes on her before helping. In fact going for the medical treatment was my first time setting eyes on her.I stayed at their house for almost a week before moving.

So bros, leave all these nairaland fight... After everything done, I still cross the road to buy food stuff from the aboki at my area and next to the aboki is a Yoruba man selling beef... I don turn regular customer so much that if he doesn't see me, he boys will ask whether I traveled.

Some times I refuse recharge my data using Bank codes just to make sure I buy from a Yoruba woman where I also some times but other things.

In fact, I don't even remember most of all these talks and fight after I log off.

But bros, Shey na true say ur head big ni?

Nice one.
It's always good to do good. I help irrespective of tribe or religion.
Keep doing good, your rewards will come in folds. Your helper could come from anywhere.
Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by nwanyionitsha: 11:31am On Mar 14, 2019
KGD10:

Will you keep quiet? Yeye. The most dirty places in Lagos are those inhabited by Ibos.
Just like this one.

1 Like

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by nwanyionitsha: 11:34am On Mar 14, 2019
KGD10:

When this poorly built structure collapsed, buhariadvocate was one of the first commenters and he blamed igbos but we all know better now.
I have no more response for propagandists.

2 Likes

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by mercyville: 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

Keep fooling yourself the pictures you guys posted are Lagos

First originated in 2013 grin
lol
ONLY IBADAN IS MORE DEVELOPED THAN THE ENTIRE SE....KNOWN AS IGBOLAND.

THIS IS IGBOLAND.
UNDEVELOPED,TINY AND FULL OF SLUMS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by mercyville: 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2019
THIS IS IBADAN

1 Like

Re: Facts About Igbos And Igboland. by mercyville: 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2019
IBADAN IS THRICE BIGGER AND THRICE MORE DEVELOPED THAN THE ENTIRE IGBOLAND.
FACTS ARE JUST TOO STUBBORN.
DOES IGBOLAND HAVE THESE?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ASUP Strike Called Off! / See What Rev. Uma Ukpai Said About #biafra / Umahi Sacks Francis Idike, EBSU Vice Chancellor, Signs New Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.