Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (1684) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4832254 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1681) (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by theSpark(m): 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2020
Teaser4:
I'm back again lol, albeit I said my previous post, go be my last post on this thread. I read some people's story here, and I feel like dropping mine too. It can only get better.

Teaser4!!!!

It will only get better. Teaser my man. I wish you the very best.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Teaser4(m): 9:47pm On Feb 17, 2020
theSpark:

same here my brother
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 17, 2020
YourSugarDaddy:
Has any other person received a call to come for their letters, or is it just me?

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Teaser4(m): 9:47pm On Feb 17, 2020
Rexmy:

Teaser4 in the building! Can't believe we share the same month and year... Lol!
Kindly reach out to me when you finally settle down.
oh, good to know brother. sure will do. Be safe bro

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Teaser4(m): 9:50pm On Feb 17, 2020
AududuNine11:

I wish I can confidently say, just like Teaser4, that I have a fiance...
lol bro... we no dey get younger.. its good to plan and grow with someone special....it ain't easy but with God all things are possible... don't wait too long brother...pick one of those girls lol

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Teaser4(m): 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2020
Iyajelili:

That's my teaser but I saw what you did. Including your fiance abi? I dey wait for your message and take good care of yourself dear.
lol ma'am... my favorite...what's your real name sef...that iyajelili dey sound somehow lol... I'm Lekan...Olalekan!!! onijongban hehehe...shebi you're my fiancé too...its two of you oh lol...
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 9:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
AududuNine11:

I wish I can confidently say, just like Teaser4, that I have a fiance...
Me too bro, me too.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Teaser4(m): 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
souljar:

Me too bro, me too.
lol bro... how about that girl wey I see for your status "LOML"

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by AududuNine11: 9:57pm On Feb 17, 2020
Teaser4:
lol bro... we no dey get younger.. its good to plan and grow with someone special....it ain't easy but with God all things are possible... don't wait too long brother...pick one of those girls lol

Che someone like ladyjane5657? lol... As I no get NNPC now and I no get scholarship for abroad like you, the Ladyjane type no dey look my face

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 9:57pm On Feb 17, 2020
Ladyjane5657:
Wait lemme gist u pipo what happened to me yesterday:

Nnpc will not kii mi o... cheesy
BTW, some of y'all crying and bemoaning ur fates, do u pipo want to fall the wall of this thread with ur cries? Pls wipe ur tears, life is just starting..

Have I told u people Shell, Total and ExxonMobil Mobil either rejected me after ist or second tests one time or another? I didn't feel it.. Even tho I felt for the huge mulla slipping tru my fingers that I could do nothing about... I know I would not have felt Nnpc too if not that the length of time it took the Apl to materialize made us unconsciously fall madly in love with them.. And letting go is giving mad feelings like a lover's. But we will be fine.

So back to my gist.

A friend from Malaysia ( no be boifren o grin , in case u wantu shoot ur shot wink , especially these latest Nnpc employees cheesy) decided to take me out to console me for loss of Apl ... Umunnaa, na so I follow mi niqqur go ( ordinarily, I would have rejected the offer , I don't trust Malay people.. Them and stealing Kidneys are like 5 and 6 grin , but I obliged anyways, needed to get mi mind off that wickedt Apl undecided)

Dats was how I was jejely eating my Nkwobi and shamelessly licking my fingers when Nnpc trucks ( fuel I guess) suddenly began passing by one after the other.. They were all together...6 or seven in number..

Do u people know that I didn't know that I had stopped eating and was staring at dem trucks... Tears dripping from ma brown powered face and ma nkwobi in one hand with flies battling to have a share.. I didn't know, until Oga sharply tapped my face with his handkerchief... Oga , abeg no clean ma make up o.. Just jeje clean my apl tears and console me small small... biko Oh! Nnpc!

Sweet nkwobi suddenly turned bitter.. I couldn't finish it.. Oga suggested we leave
. yes , we will go.. Madam, abeg package the remainder for me..I know after I wipe my tears.. My nkwobi Wii start hungering me grin I cannot mourn for two tins consecutively... Pls package it biko.. Madam wrapped it..

I got home.. I tell u, in less than 2 mins.. I was already laffin like mad from watching " a million ways to die in the west" and licking the "takeaway * plate of my nkwobi ..cheesy . Nnpc completely forgotten..

Loms... In essence, I know it's painful for a lot of us.. Especially those who had genuinely wanted to effect lives positively tru Nnpc.. But I want to tell u.. U will be fine.. Don't let anything in the world take away ur joy.
Tomorrow go better, I swear.

By the way... If u love writing and u are a creative writer.. Pm me, so that I can share something to help u make some cool headed money...

Funny

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Mitocyan: 9:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
Teaser4:
I'm back again lol, albeit I said my previous post, go be my last post on this thread. I read some people's story here, and I feel like dropping mine too. It can only get better.

I graduated from high school in 2006(16 years old). I end staying at home for 5 years, before I gained university admission in 2011, we resumed in Jan 2012.(five months to 22nd birthday)

Can you believe I didn't learn a single skill throughout my 5 years at home. I didn't complete the computer training i enrolled for, na later I learn am lol.

I just dey hustle, i teached in a primary school for about two half years, I resigned and enter the street, with my some friends, we dey engage in some very hard sunny jobs, but the pay was good then, na so I waste my 5 years lol....

College wasn't too smooth, thanks to strike; Internal(ALUTA, my OAU folks can relate and external(ASUU). i graduated from college early 2016.(26 years old).

Unfortunately, I wasn't mobilized for NYSC that year, I had to wait for another year, it was so painful, cos age no dey my side. well this time I use am wella, to cut the long story short I finished nysc 2018(28years old).

As a street boy, I don calculate say job no be for everyone, me included so I step up my hustle and diversify. I lock up, no CV, my pali(certificate) just dey rest somewhere in my wardrobe...

So February last year, NNPC came, I calculated the age, fortunately for me I scaped through, so I decided to try.

I registered and I was shortlisted. i wrote the CBT and was invited for interview, I never saw that coming though, no be say I dull oh, but me interview lol.

The only thing wey pain me be say, the stress wey i went through, before dem give me my NECO certificate, cos e dey part of the documents wey dem request for. dos guys wey dey neco office stressed my life.

My dad followed me sef, i told him to chill say I go handle ma but he won't listen, don't mind himna so e be. I remember sometimes in 2008 wey we go Minna( Niger State) from Abeokuta (Ogun State), wey i go write Jamb, late registration issh, I no con gain admission with the jamb las las.

I left Abeokuta late that day wey i collect my neco certificate. I left around 6PM, I dey go ile-Ife. Dad told me to sleep over and go the next day, I was like I don overstay sef. I've got things to do and time no dey, na wetin make me miss oga Jarus interview be that.

I risked my life that night it wasn't funny. I had a flat tyre at Gbongan(Lagos/Ibadan expressway, around 10:30PM). Chai, my spirit almost left my body when I heard the sound, cos that place dey hot gan that time last year, robbery, kidnapping dey happen frequently.

I sha manage drive pass the thick bush, fortunately there was a fuel station nearby, dem never close, I met a road side vulcanizer, he was about leaving, I begged him to help that my journey still far, I tell am say I still dey go Ekiti lol.

i had experienced again around OUI roundabout(around 11PM), i heard another sound but not loud sha, damn another flat tyre and no more extras.

I was like damn mehn, am I gonna survive this night, to God be the glory here I am today, on top all the stress, dem no gimee job lol. I don get am for mind before say na 50/50.

I will be 30 by June, officially I can't get (GT)job in Nigeria, like I'm looking for one sef lol. na so I jejely went back to my plans, wey I don dey work on, along side waiting for nnpc.

Anytime wey i remember how the journey go be, I just dey shit for pants lol. I was hoping nnpc go safe me lol. now

The thought that, I'm gonna leave my fiancé in nigeria, and I go comot for two cold years, no dey go down well at all, no be say I like book like that but I gat no choice. Man must survive!!!!

My advice to us, be say make we no give up, and don't settle for less. You can do it if you believe, and you work towards it. it's not gonna be easy, it's gonna be hard, its gonna be very hard. You may fall into depression, you'd wanna give up, but eventually everything go fall in place. that's life....

if age no dey your side, abeg dey plan to comot the country, even if na South africa, some of their schools dey top 200(UCT) in the world.

Don't get stuck in naija, don't be a grupo lol, don't be that nigga wey dey always complain, complains like "if Eve no chop that Apple, I no go dey suffer today lol". Go and learn new ways to make money.

Lastly, don't join Amotekun!!! jk lol

We gonna be ok las las, remember say in life everybody get time wey dem go reach their destination.

Be strong!!!! always remember you're not doing this for yourself alone, you're also doing it for your unborn children, you're also doing it for the culture lol.

bobowaja, iyajelili and mitocyan, i go reach out to you guys soon. I've been extra busy since friday, I go settle down soon, I go reach out.

Jetting out of the country very soon.....

I wish all of us well in life. Never give up. be strong!!!

i hail all local men and women, i hail all APLees and us non APLees, I know its painful, but we all gonna be fine.

pS: abeg don't mind my grammar, all ye nairaland professor, i no sabi how to type grammar on NL, its not official, so I freestyle, just so you know, I slayed IELTS. so don't judge my intelligence based on my pidgin/bad grammar post.

Teaser4!!!!
Respect brooooo. The hustle spirit never dies. keep the fire burning. See you at the top.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by AududuNine11: 9:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
souljar:

Me too bro, me too.

Ladyjane5657, food is ready. latest NNPC employee

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ladyjane5657(f): 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
Jarus:

Funny

grin
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
Teaser4:
lol bro... how about that girl wey I see for your status "LOML"
Ah, big bro! That one done follow mosgoon go Shell oo grin grin... Local man's hot.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ladyjane5657(f): 10:02pm On Feb 17, 2020
AududuNine11:

I'm opting for a no Here.. Something tells me to stay away from souljah cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by villainnotmoobb: 10:04pm On Feb 17, 2020
Teaser4:

I graduated from high school in 2006(16 years old). I end staying at home for 5 years, before I gained university admission in 2011, we resumed in Jan 2012.(five months to 22nd birthday)

Can you believe I didn't learn a single skill throughout my 5 years at home. I didn't complete the computer training i enrolled for, na later I learn am lol.

I just dey hustle, i teached in a primary school for about two half years, I resigned and enter the street, with my some friends, we dey engage in some very hard sunny jobs, but the pay was good then, na so I waste my 5 years lol....

College wasn't too smooth, thanks to strike; Internal(ALUTA, my OAU folks can relate and external(ASUU). i graduated from college early 2016.(26 years old).

Unfortunately, I wasn't mobilized for NYSC that year, I had to wait for another year, it was so painful, cos age no dey my side. well this time I use am wella, to cut the long story short I finished nysc 2018(28years old).

As a street boy, I don calculate say job no be for everyone, me included so I step up my hustle and diversify. I lock up, no CV, my pali(certificate) just dey rest somewhere in my wardrobe...

So February last year, NNPC came, I calculated the age, fortunately for me I scaped through, so I decided to try.

I registered and I was shortlisted. i wrote the CBT and was invited for interview, I never saw that coming though, no be say I dull oh, but me interview lol.

The only thing wey pain me be say, the stress wey i went through, before dem give me my NECO certificate, cos e dey part of the documents wey dem request for. dos guys wey dey neco office stressed my life.

My dad followed me sef, i told him to chill say I go handle ma but he won't listen, don't mind himna so e be. I remember sometimes in 2008 wey we go Minna( Niger State) from Abeokuta (Ogun State), wey i go write Jamb, late registration issh, I no con gain admission with the jamb las las.

I left Abeokuta late that day wey i collect my neco certificate. I left around 6PM, I dey go ile-Ife. Dad told me to sleep over and go the next day, I was like I don overstay sef. I've got things to do and time no dey, na wetin make me miss oga Jarus interview be that.

I risked my life that night it wasn't funny. I had a flat tyre at Gbongan(Lagos/Ibadan expressway, around 10:30PM). Chai, my spirit almost left my body when I heard the sound, cos that place dey hot gan that time last year, robbery, kidnapping dey happen frequently.

I sha manage drive pass the thick bush, fortunately there was a fuel station nearby, dem never close, I met a road side vulcanizer, he was about leaving, I begged him to help that my journey still far, I tell am say I still dey go Ekiti lol.

i had experienced again around OUI roundabout(around 11PM), i heard another sound but not loud sha, damn another flat tyre and no more extras.

I was like damn mehn, am I gonna survive this night, to God be the glory here I am today, on top all the stress, dem no gimee job lol. I don get am for mind before say na 50/50.

I will be 30 by June, officially I can't get (GT)job in Nigeria, like I'm looking for one sef lol. na so I jejely went back to my plans, wey I don dey work on, along side waiting for nnpc.

Anytime wey i remember how the journey go be, I just dey shit for pants lol. I was hoping nnpc go safe me lol. now

The thought that, I'm gonna leave my fiancé in nigeria, and I go comot for two cold years, no dey go down well at all, no be say I like book like that but I gat no choice. Man must survive!!!!

My advice to us, be say make we no give up, and don't settle for less. You can do it if you believe, and you work towards it. it's not gonna be easy, it's gonna be hard, its gonna be very hard. You may fall into depression, you'd wanna give up, but eventually everything go fall in place. that's life....

if age no dey your side, abeg dey plan to comot the country, even if na South africa, some of their schools dey top 200(UCT) in the world.

Don't get stuck in naija, don't be a grupo lol, don't be that nigga wey dey always complain, complains like "if Eve no chop that Apple, I no go dey suffer today lol". Go and learn new ways to make money.

Lastly, don't join Amotekun!!! jk lol

We gonna be ok las las, remember say in life everybody get time wey dem go reach their destination.

Be strong!!!! always remember you're not doing this for yourself alone, you're also doing it for your unborn children, you're also doing it for the culture lol.

bobowaja, iyajelili and mitocyan, i go reach out to you guys soon. I've been extra busy since friday, I go settle down soon, I go reach out.

Jetting out of the country very soon.....

I wish all of us well in life. Never give up. be strong!!!

i hail all local men and women, i hail all APLees and us non APLees, I know its painful, but we all gonna be fine.

pS: abeg don't mind my grammar, all ye nairaland professor, i no sabi how to type grammar on NL, its not official, so I freestyle, just so you know, I slayed IELTS. so don't judge my intelligence based on my pidgin/bad grammar post.

Teaser4!!!!
Na me you use that AMOTEKUN part jibe.... grin grin grin ...Goodluck big man cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ladyjane5657(f): 10:04pm On Feb 17, 2020
AududuNine11:

Che someone like ladyjane5657? lol... As I no get NNPC now and I no get scholarship for abroad like you, the Ladyjane type no dey look my face

God bless u... U just summarized it! grin

But do u have any connection to any other big company?? Like say, shell.. Chevron... *licks tongue*
I might consider u cheesy

By the way.. Who has mosgoon's number? Maybe he can help me find work in shell or Chevron.. Which one him dey sef?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 10:06pm On Feb 17, 2020
I have read comments on this thread that almost got me into tears.

The accounts of those that did not get the jobs are very touching. I was almost moved to tears by some of them. I can imagine the pressure, the expectation, the hope.

It’s just how life is.

It’s not the end of life. In my final year in Ife in 2006, I had a classmate that could barely pay the N17k school fees. He struggled to raise the money till the last day. He was my good friend. Very brilliant guy (first class actually) but from a very humble home.

When we graduated and started job hustling, anytime he came to Lagos, he used to squat with me in my brother’s house. Sometimes, I would even be the one to “dash” him N500 for transport fare back to his state (in the SW).

He wrote the test of Accenture and they said he didn’t pass.

We both wrote the test of an investment management firm in 2006 (we started job hunting even before NYSC) immediately after graduation. I got the job. He didn’t get it.

His morale was affected. Everyone knew he was more brilliant than I was. His confidence was being affected but he soldiered on.

Guess what? In 2008, few weeks after out NYSC, he got job in an IOC that is perceived to be the best place to work in Nigeria.

That changed his life and that of his family and his generation.

The last time we saw, in 2016, he just “warmed” his new house in Lekki which cost him over N60m. I don’t have that despite starting earlier than him. That’s aside his house in his hometown.

This was someone that was rejected by Accenture and Vetiva, small firms.

So guys, NNPC rejection is not the end of life. We have all been rejected by one employer or the other at one point in life. I failed GTB test in 2007 or so (first time I’m saying this anywhere). Today, I probably earn more than a senior manager in GTB. If I had passed the job test in 2007, I would not even have risen to become a manager in GTB today given the multilayered bank career ladder.

So guys, the race is not for the swiftest as the Christians say. And as we Muslims say, what will hit you will not miss you.

140 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 10:12pm On Feb 17, 2020
AududuNine11:

Lady Jane's on a diet... As you can see below. grin
Ladyjane5657:

I'm opting for a no Here.. Something tells me to stay away from souljah cheesy
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ladyjane5657(f): 10:14pm On Feb 17, 2020
Ladyjane5657:

By the way... If u love writing and u are a creative writer.. Pm me, so that I can share something to help u make some cool headed money...

Pls guys, join the group tru this link.. I yaff tire to add pipo . tankio

https:///B9hpRRinjpCBVsXGFnPVAX
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ladyjane5657(f): 10:15pm On Feb 17, 2020
souljar:

Lady Jane's on a diet... As you can see below. grin

Lolz

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Teaser4(m): 10:17pm On Feb 17, 2020
villainnotmoobb:

Na me you use that AMOTEKUN part jibe.... grin grin grin ...Goodluck big man cheesy cheesy
lol bro...no be like that oh...the thing just crossed my mind ni lol... I hail boss
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Teaser4(m): 10:19pm On Feb 17, 2020
souljar:

Ah, big bro! That one done follow mosgoon go Shell oo grin grin... Local man's hot.
hehehehehehe. .my chest oh... Soujar you no go kill me with lafta.... Another wan go enter...you don set now...even if you toast buhari's daughter she go say yes....OilMan...OilMoneySouljar ...that apl fall on you las las... I hail brother....

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by CsRockefeller(m): 10:23pm On Feb 17, 2020
My Dad will always say is it not my mates that are in CBN bla bla bla.

Now, I ask myself, What else could I have done? Nothing!!

Passed exam, got to the interview didn't get the job.

I have never come so close to changing my life, don't know if I will ever come this close again.

But, somewhere inside, I find rest knowing that I fought with everything I got. Though I lost, I gave it my all. I lost bravely.

28 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by successful100: 10:30pm On Feb 17, 2020
https://www.thecable.ng/alternate-fuel-mass-recruitment-nnpc-fared-kyari-seven-months/amp

This recruitment was definitely mentioned as one of the things he's achieved while in office. I laugh in Japanese. grin. So much for politics Now we know the agenda

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Firstgentleman1(m): 10:30pm On Feb 17, 2020

40 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 10:34pm On Feb 17, 2020
Teaser4:
hehehehehehe. .my chest oh... Soujar you no go kill me with lafta.... Another wan go enter...you don set now...even if you toast buhari's daughter she go say yes....OilMan...OilMoneySouljar ...that apl fall on you las las... I hail brother....
Hahaha.... grin
Mehn, na so God just de confuse devil on top my matter back to back o!
AOLMAW no go dey same without you, bro! But you dey amidst greener pastures and I believe say everywhere go soft for you soon cool

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Purple01(f): 10:47pm On Feb 17, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin
Ladyjane5657:
Wait lemme gist u pipo what happened to me yesterday:

Nnpc will not kii mi o... cheesy
BTW, some of y'all crying and bemoaning ur fates, do u pipo want to fall the wall of this thread with ur cries? Pls wipe ur tears, life is just starting..

Have I told u people Shell, Total and ExxonMobil Mobil either rejected me after ist or second tests one time or another? I didn't feel it.. Even tho I felt for the huge mulla slipping tru my fingers that I could do nothing about... I know I would not have felt Nnpc too if not that the length of time it took the Apl to materialize made us unconsciously fall madly in love with them.. And letting go is giving mad feelings like a lover's. But we will be fine.

So back to my gist.

A friend from Malaysia ( no be boifren o grin , in case u wantu shoot ur shot wink , especially these latest Nnpc employees cheesy) decided to take me out to console me for loss of Apl ... Umunnaa, na so I follow mi niqqur go ( ordinarily, I would have rejected the offer , I don't trust Malay people.. Them and stealing Kidneys are like 5 and 6 grin , but I obliged anyways, needed to get mi mind off that wickedt Apl undecided)

Dats was how I was jejely eating my Nkwobi and shamelessly licking my fingers when Nnpc trucks ( fuel I guess) suddenly began passing by one after the other.. They were all together...6 or seven in number..

Do u people know that I didn't know that I had stopped eating and was staring at dem trucks... Tears dripping from ma brown powered face and ma nkwobi in one hand with flies battling to have a share.. I didn't know, until Oga sharply tapped my face with his handkerchief... Oga , abeg no clean ma make up o.. Just jeje clean my apl tears and console me small small... biko Oh! Nnpc!

Sweet nkwobi suddenly turned bitter.. I couldn't finish it.. Oga suggested we leave
. yes , we will go.. Madam, abeg package the remainder for me..I know after I wipe my tears.. My nkwobi Wii start hungering me grin I cannot mourn for two tins consecutively... Pls package it biko.. Madam wrapped it..

I got home.. I tell u, in less than 2 mins.. I was already laffin like mad from watching " a million ways to die in the west" and licking the "takeaway * plate of my nkwobi ..cheesy . Nnpc completely forgotten..

Loms... In essence, I know it's painful for a lot of us.. Especially those who had genuinely wanted to effect lives positively tru Nnpc.. But I want to tell u.. U will be fine.. Don't let anything in the world take away ur joy.
Tomorrow go better, I swear.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Purple01(f): 10:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
theSpark:

I'v been a silent follower of this trend, and I'v been soon tempted to comment all this while. You guys have Been amazing, ur maturity, jokes, and words of encouragement to each other. Many are called but few are chosen (I wish every one could get this opportunity) but life goes on .... And it will get better.
Someone said ''we plenty wey don turn 27". Hahaha, we plenty indeed . God will definitely create greater way for us in our various careers.. love you all.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Iyajelili(f): 11:25pm On Feb 17, 2020
Teaser4:
lol ma'am... my favorite...what's your real name sef...that iyajelili dey sound somehow lol... I'm Lekan...Olalekan!!! onijongban hehehe...shebi you're my fiancé too...its two of you oh lol...

You see? I kon like the Olalekan sef but since you're taken I'll lick my wound in private BTW I have a very sweet name

Teaser4 darling, ama need your contact make I for no faint cos I never see anybody wey go the abroad before so I need to take you shine for my hood.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Gianluigizona(m): 11:36pm On Feb 17, 2020
Jarus:
I have read comments on this thread that almost got me into tears.

The accounts of those that did not get the jobs are very touching. I was almost moved to tears by some of them. I can imagine the pressure, the expectation, the hope.

It’s just how life is.

It’s not the end of life. In my final year in Ife in 2006, I had a classmate that could barely pay the N17k school fees. He struggled to raise the money till the last day. He was my good friend. Very brilliant guy (first class actually) but from a very humble home.

When we graduated and started job hustling, anytime he came to Lagos, he used to squat with me in my brother’s house. Sometimes, I would even be the one to “dash” him N500 for transport fare back to his state (in the SW).

He wrote the test of Accenture and they said he didn’t pass.

We both wrote the test of an investment management firm in 2006 (we started job hunting even before NYSC) immediately after graduation. I got the job. He didn’t get it.

His morale was affected. Everyone knew he was more brilliant than I was. His confidence was being affected but he soldiered on.

Guess what? In 2008, few weeks after out NYSC, he got job in an IOC that is perceived to be the best place to work in Nigeria.

That changed his life and that of his family and his generation.

The last time we saw, in 2016, he just “warmed” his new house in Lekki which cost him over N60m. I don’t have that despite starting earlier than him. That’s aside his house in his hometown.

This was someone that was rejected by Accenture and Vetiva, small firms.

So guys, NNPC rejection is not the end of life. We have all been rejected by one employer or the other at one point in life. I failed GTB test in 2007 or so (first time I’m saying this anywhere). Today, I earn more than a senior manager in GTB. If I had passed the job test in 2007, I would not even have risen to become a manager in GTB today given the multilayered bank ladder.

So guys, the race is not for the swiftest as the Christians say. And as we Muslims say, what will hit you will not miss you.

Thanks Jarus for sharing. This is uplifting to say the least. I have a similar story but no strength to type. Lol.. Bottom line: When person take wake up naim be im morning.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by joshuachuks93(m): 11:44pm On Feb 17, 2020
Hmmmmm,

It's been a long wait indeed. I became an observer after I wasn't invited for the interview at all.

All I can say is that all things work together for good.

Please don't give up no matter what the situation is. Keep pushing. Failure becomes failure when we fail to rise up and continue after we have wept and sobbed. It's painful to get "love letters" i.e rejection mails I admit. Pour out your heart, cry the cry, express your frustrations to a close ally or mentor who can hold you up. After it, dust yourself and say I move! As we have seen testimonials here, we don't need too many congratulatory mails just one wipes tears of many years. Keep applying for opportunities and keep pressing forward.

NNPC didn't go through for me but I secured PTDF scholarship. By God's grace I will be rounding up my MSc in July. All thanks to God.

Just start something, pick up masters form even if you can't get a scholarship. Accept any little Job. At least be building your CV. Opportunity only meets preparation. The most painful thing is for opportunity to come for you and you aren't prepared.

Also, for those who might be interested. Teach for Nigeria 2020 fellowship application is open. It's a two years fellowship program with so much opportunity. Teach for Nigeria partners with an international organization Teach for All. Over 50 countries has the same model as teach for Nigeria. It's a really nice place to begin your career irrespective of your discipline. They train you continually within the fellowship period on leadership, problem solving, effective communication, being the chanfe etc. By the second year of the fellowship, those successful who doesn't have a teaching certificate will be fully sponsored for a professional diploma in education at Babcock university. So you aren't just exiting the fellowship with experience but with a certificate alongside.

To learn more and apply, Visit

www.teachfornigeria.org/appy

Cheers to us all and success in all our endeavors.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1681) (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.