Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,119 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Sharing Life Challenges - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sharing Life Challenges (502 Views)

Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes / Personal Life Challenges And How It Was Overcame / Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharing Life Challenges by integrity9(m): 1:47pm On Mar 13, 2019
Everyone one of us is dysfunctional. Nobody can claim to be able to deal with all the social problems they encounter. That is why we need an outlet to share with each other. After all like they say, a problem shared is half solved.
This thread therefore is open to those of us who are burdened with life challenges and are willing to share with others who perhaps may have gone through similar issues and have overcome that we can benefit from. It is not a thread for judging others or forcing your principle on others. Only God is perfect and no one else can assume to be Him.
We live in an interdependent world and so what affects one person will eventually affects all of us. So by sharing our challenges we have a chance to right our wrongs, gain from others and become better and free human beings.
May be the following will help further explain why we should share our life challenges with each other:
1. Some of us are not living life to the fullest because of our challenges
2. We have Identity crisis
3. Challenges result in Low self-esteem
4. We judge ourselves wrongly and become societal misfits
5. Many people are full of self-guilt i.e. holding self responsible for failure of others or thinking you’ve destroyed others
6. Bottled up challenges could result in health issues, sometimes complicated
7. No career or self growth. Stagnation or retrogression or regression
8. Not taking responsibility for your actions. So we use anyone as scapegoats
There’s a saying that hurting people hurt others knowingly or unknowingly. To free ourselves from these negative implications and live to the fullest unhindered and not judged or not bothering about being judged but achieve freedom of conscience, we need to open up
Please Note: Don’t judge others by your comment or dictate how another person should live their lives. It is up to us and we can only be accountable for our actions and not another's. God bless you
Re: Sharing Life Challenges by integrity9(m): 2:59pm On Mar 13, 2019
It is not easy telling others what you're going through but it brings healing to your spirit.
By the grace of God we have helped many people to find meaning in life again. What is more, you don't pay a dime.
I remember a white woman that I had never met in life before this particular day. I picked her from the Local Airport to Victoria Island when I did e-hailing for a while. On our way we exchanged a few friendly conversation and she started crying. I thought I said something wrong so I asked her so and she said no. Then in between tears she revealed her marriage was about breaking . I listened to her speak till we were on Third Mainland Bridge. I did not interrupt her except to say yes or I see periodically. Before we got to her destination she became very strong again and determined to make her marriage work. Just a word made all the difference. Because she found a listening hear and was receptive to encouraging words, she found a new joy to live a meaningful life again. You too could find yours.
Come on, don't be shy or afraid to bail the cat. Someone is waiting for you to start and they'll be encouraged to open up. Dont disappoint them
Re: Sharing Life Challenges by newness12: 3:57am On Mar 14, 2019
My life don tire me. Going to secondary school was tough. I was a house help to one of my aunties. My mother's sister. No books. No care. School was escape for me. Then I met a young boy in the same situation. We became close as we share our sorrow.
Then one day something happened. I can't remember detail but he slept with me and I became pregnant in SS3 at the age of 14.
I hid it until it became public. They took me back to my parents in the village. Trouble between my parents and aunty. Brought me back to Lagos to the boy but he refused. They took me back again to village. Long story short. I gave birth to the baby and she is a girl.
I came back to Lagos myself working and sending money to mother to bring up the girl. I met a man that says he loved me but I can't tell him I have a daughter.
Now my daughter is also pregnant at 14 in SS3. I don't dont know what to do. I tried to take care of her so she will not face what I faced and she's still pregnant.
What should I do? I am confused. Am I cursed? Why? Why?
Re: Sharing Life Challenges by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 14, 2019
newness12:
My life don tire me. Going to secondary school was tough. I was a house help to one of my aunties. My mother's sister. No books. No care. School was escape for me. Then I met a young boy in the same situation. We became close as we share our sorrow.
Then one day something happened. I can't remember detail but he slept with me and I became pregnant in SS3 at the age of 14.
I hid it until it became public. They took me back to my parents in the village. Trouble between my parents and aunty. Brought me back to Lagos to the boy but he refused. They took me back again to village. Long story short. I gave birth to the baby and she is a girl.
I came back to Lagos myself working and sending money to mother to bring up the girl. I met a man that says he loved me but I can't tell him I have a daughter.
Now my daughter is also pregnant at 14 in SS3. I don't dont know what to do. I tried to take care of her so she will not face what I faced and she's still pregnant.

Did you further your education afterwards? Your written English is impressive.
Re: Sharing Life Challenges by integrity9(m): 11:49pm On Mar 14, 2019
newness12:

Sorry, I have been busy & couldnt respond before now.

You are not cursed. Whatever we tolerate in life multiplies. That is why we need to be careful how we behave as whatever we do will affect not just ourselves but the generation after us.
There is a saying that you dont cry after a spilled milk. What has happened has happened. Face reality so you can move on with your life.
Take care of your daughter & grand child. Be close with your daughter. If possible, move her to join you in Lagos. Tell the man that professes to love you the truth about your life. Face reality from now on and if you need personal counsel pm me
Re: Sharing Life Challenges by newness12: 7:55am On Mar 15, 2019
Thank you. I will send you the pm

integrity9:

Sorry, I have been busy & couldnt respond before now.

You are not cursed. Whatever we tolerate in life multiplies. That is why we need to be careful how we behave as whatever we do will affect not just ourselves but the generation after us.
There is a saying that you dont cry after a spilled milk. What has happened has happened. Face reality so you can move on with your life.
Take care of your daughter & grand child. Be close with your daughter. If possible, move her to join you in Lagos. Tell the man that professes to love you the truth about your life. Face reality from now on and if you need personal counsel pm me

(1) (Reply)

“if You Want To Change The World, Start Off By Making Your #bed” -admiral Mcrave / Cute Easter Celebration Family Picture Of A Nairalander / Shari'a Court, Wife Request Now Trending.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.