Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,197 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 (39676 Views)

Arsenal Vs Manchester United (2 - 0) On 10th March 2019 / Paris Saint-Germain Vs Manchester United: UCL (1 - 3) On 6th March 2019 / Bayern Munich Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 3) On 13th March 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by gabrielahamz(m): 12:37am On Mar 14, 2019
Messi is a better player man, I mean Ronaldo just equalled his hat trick record in the UCL, haba!
JSMMUYIWA:

Better,we are good.
Otherwise say Messi can't put up such a stellar performance definitely not against top teams in Champions League.
In the comeback against PSG few seasons back, it was Neymar that drove the comeback.
But here we have legendary Cr7 the real GOAT of Football did it effortlessly against Athletico!
Respect the legend call Cr7,the World Best!; D
Lobatancheesy

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by JSMMUYIWA(m): 12:38am On Mar 14, 2019
JohnnyPalmer:

Point one..... Ronaldo has three not four
Point two..... Messi have scored hattricks against athletico in the past.... At least 2 i can remember.... Maybe 3

So what are you saying

Now in the champions league.... Ronaldo have faced messi three times.... How. Many times did he score?
Zero
He has reached six finals.... won all but one.... Against who?

Another thing you should think on.... How many elclasico hattricks does ronaldo have?
Zero

Messi two

Goat pass goat.. No be some goat wannabe..... You don't have to accept but one day you will realise.... many are seeing the light

Y'all keep comparing ronaldo to messi..... People be comparing messi with legends.... sums it all up

Your statistics is groundless, no time to drag that.
Btw:
Did you heard Maradona comment on Cr7 after his display against Athletico.
Well, we don't need that to know he is the best football there is.
The 3rd Highest Goal Scorer in Europe country wise.
The Highest Goal Scorer in UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
The Highest Assist-Maker in the History of Champions League!!
The highest Scorer in about 7straight UEFA Seasons.
Highest Goal scorer in Group Stage in a season
Highest Goal scorer in Elimination stage.
Highest Goal Scorer in UEFA Finals
All in UEFA,or is that not the most competitive elite football competition in the world?
Tell us Who is the Greatest of All Time?grin
Cr7 All The Way.
And Don't Forget The Big game player, one that can turn a game around legendarily amidst all odds when needed!!
Say Respect.

7 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by cr7lomo: 12:40am On Mar 14, 2019
Ozkar:
Stash your shortsighted pessimism where the sun don't shine. It's irrelevant.

Typical Barca wouldn't give you any chance, yet we got knocked out by Inter in the UCL in 2010 and by Chelsea in 2012, lost the Copa del Rey in 2011 and La Liga in 2012. All those when Pep was in charge. Enrique's team didn't play like Pep's team yet they also won the treble. Even when Madrid was winning their 3 consecutive UCL titles, we still bossed them most of the times we met.

Please take several seats behind. You are just a once-in-a-while Barca fan. You don't talk like you actually watch our games.

There's no team left in the tournament that Barca cannot beat. We are also winning the treble this year, regardless of what pseudo-fans like you think.

It's certain that u lack comprehension skills... U mentioned teams that were contenders and eventual winners... He is talking about small team that should not even b contending..... He talked about finishing teams that don't hv pedigree, just like man city did last night... How can u b leading 2.0 at home and give little Lyon a chance to come bk

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by JSMMUYIWA(m): 12:40am On Mar 14, 2019
gabrielahamz:
Messi is a better player man, I mean Ronaldo just equalled his hat trick record in the UCL, haba!
How is Messi a better player?
Which stats do Ronaldo not hold in UEFA?
So? Jointly held
Note:Ronaldo Hatricks are mostly against top teams. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by JohnnyPalmer: 12:42am On Mar 14, 2019
JSMMUYIWA:

All of una are regular customers of Ronaldo.
Ronaldo has 18 goals against Barça in his time in Madrid.
So next?
Btw:
Messi do not have any hatrick against Simeon's Athletico Madrid. Maybe some other coaches term.
Ronaldo has 3 hatrick against Diego Simeone's Athletico.
And total of 4 Against Athletico put together!!

Ignorance...... I know you a coward so i wouldn't waste my time betting...... Messi does not have a hattrick against simeones athletico......
You wish..... you so wrong
How would you know when you not a fan..... Just another cr7 asss eater

4 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by MedicalSamwise(m): 12:42am On Mar 14, 2019
JSMMUYIWA:

All of una are regular customers of Ronaldo.
Ronaldo has 18 goals against Barça in his time in Madrid.
So next?
Btw:
Messi do not have any hatrick against Simeon's Athletico Madrid. Maybe some other coaches term.
Ronaldo has 3 hatrick against Diego Simeone's Athletico.
And total of 4 Against Athletico put together!!
Messi has 2 hattricks against Madrid.

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by cr7lomo: 12:42am On Mar 14, 2019
JohnnyPalmer:

Really..... This is the last time i will waste my time on you
Don't wanna stain my hands stupid again

You can enlighten yourself and read this

32 goals in all competitions.... 3 hattricks.... Ronaldo with his hattricks against atletico still dey 25goals against them

He has never lost to them in the league....

So... Bro... Now you can slip into coma
But i know.... You will still have another trash to spit

We are talking about simeone's atletico and u are showing me when atletico was still like Malaga....

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by JSMMUYIWA(m): 12:46am On Mar 14, 2019
JohnnyPalmer:

Ignorance...... I know you a coward so i wouldn't waste my time betting...... Messi does not have a hattrick against simeones athletico......
You wish..... you so wrong
How would you know when you not a fan..... Just another cr7 asss eater
Why are you guys always quick to abuse when discussing.
I don't like chatting with people that give names.
I'm a fan.Hello?
Perhaps you shouldn't go out of context when discussing a treatise.
Either you sidesteppe or stay in the context.
Shuu!!
Btw:
When did Messi had his hatrick against Diego Simeone Coached Athletico,Which Season and on which pitch?

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by wolexy14(m): 12:47am On Mar 14, 2019
Bodylover:
All this useless “Barca Fans” comparing Ronaldo with Messi, when you all know that, the real •GOAT• is “Ronaldo”.
If Messi was in Ronaldo shoes, leaving Barca to another club, you think Messi will still be Messi?
He will become eventually useless and weak.
But CR7 has gone to 3 different clubs, just imagine that but he is still the greatest of them all, any clubs he goes the •GOAT• keeps appearing.

shocked
yes he has gone sutting in d box 18 to score while d latter works for d goals...olodo n moreover y didnt he go to napoli or ac milan or inter.....

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by cr7lomo: 12:47am On Mar 14, 2019
gabrielahamz:

Equalled what?? When did he set it, was it not this season, against that dead PSV in the group stage... Messi has only 2knock out hat tricks in the CL against arsenal and Bayern Leverkusen... Ronaldo has 4 knock out hat tricks against ... Wolfsburg after loosing 2.0 in the first leg...he scored a hat trick to win the tie 3.2 on aggregate...another hat trick against Bayern Munich and atletico twice
Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by JohnnyPalmer: 12:48am On Mar 14, 2019
cr7lomo:

We are talking about simeone's atletico and u are showing me when atletico was still like Malaga....

You must be daft.... Cos if not.... You will realise simeone has been at athletico since 2011...for past 8 years..... So what are you saying?
Check your facts before embarrassing yourself here please
Cos if you will do.... You will know he has scored 3 goals and several doubles against him

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by cr7lomo: 12:49am On Mar 14, 2019
JSMMUYIWA:

Your statistics is groundless, no time to drag that.
Btw:
Did you heard Maradona comment on Cr7 after his display against Athletico.
Well, we don't need that to know he is the best football there is.
The 3rd Highest Goal Scorer in Europe country wise.
The Highest Goal Scorer in UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
The Highest Assist-Maker in the History of Champions League!!
The highest Scorer in about 7straight UEFA Seasons.
Highest Goal scorer in Group Stage in a season
Highest Goal scorer in Elimination stage.
Highest Goal Scorer in UEFA Finals
All in UEFA,or is that not the most competitive elite football competition in the world?
Tell us Who is the Greatest of All Time?grin
Cr7 All The Way.
And Don't Forget The Big game player, one that can turn a game around legendarily amidst all odds when needed!!
Say Respect.

He is the highest goal scorer in Europe country wise...not third
Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by JSMMUYIWA(m): 12:49am On Mar 14, 2019
MedicalSamwise:
Messi has 2 hattricks against Madrid.
Now, it seems you find it subjective to adjudge Ronaldo the GOAT. I don't blame that, you are a fan. Invariably, just respect the legend Ronaldo. I love Messi too sha. The two guys are reason I love football.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by JSMMUYIWA(m): 12:51am On Mar 14, 2019
cr7lomo:

He is the highest goal scorer in Europe country wise...not third
Oh yes, thanks for the correction. Third across the World right? Or is it 4th?
Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by cr7lomo: 12:52am On Mar 14, 2019
JohnnyPalmer:

You must be daft.... Cos if not.... You will realise simeone has been at athletico since 2011...for past 8 years..... So what are you saying?
Check your facts before embarrassing yourself here please
Cos if you will do.... You will know he has scored 3 goals and several doubles against him

Show me when messi scored Simeone's atletico a hat trick...or u no sabi read again Messi has never in his career scored a hat trick against Diego simeone's atletico

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by Ozkar: 12:53am On Mar 14, 2019
cr7lomo:

It's certain that u lack comprehension skills... U mentioned teams that were contenders and eventual winners... He is talking about small team that should not even b contending..... He talked about finishing teams that don't hv pedigree, just like man city did last night... How can u b leading 2.0 at home and give little Lyon a chance to come bk
lol. Man City could not beat this same 'litte' Lyon (without pedigree) in the two games they met this season.

Madrid got knocked out by Ajax (a supposedly small team).

Juve lost to Young boys (maybe a big team in your books).

Please take your stupidity far away. It's boring.

3 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by cr7lomo: 12:55am On Mar 14, 2019
JSMMUYIWA:

Oh yes, thanks for the correction.
Third across the World right?
Or is it 4th?

He is 3rd
Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by JSMMUYIWA(m): 12:58am On Mar 14, 2019
cr7lomo:

He is 3rd
Thanks Man. Legend he is. Goodnight Guys. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by cr7lomo: 12:59am On Mar 14, 2019
Ozkar:
lol. Man City could not beat this same 'litte' Lyon (without pedigree) in the two games they met this season.

Madrid got knocked out by Ajax (a supposedly small team).

Juve lost to Young boys (maybe a big team in your books).

Please take your stupidity far away. It's boring.

U are the stupid foolish one here....u want to compare group stay to knock out...
Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by oliverano: 1:03am On Mar 14, 2019
cr7lomo:

U are a real Barca fan...many Barca fans are complaining srsly about ur coach ,and some retards are here screaming messi greatest... The game today was nonsense...with 12 mins to go Lyon just needed one goal to knock them out...no one is talking bout that...them just they shout messi messi up and down...if Memphis depay scored that chance instead of slipping ....Lyon wud hv sealed that defence and we wud now know what messi wud hv don...most people don't even know how to watch football...this is the CL , one mistake and u are out... One minute, u are fully in the next round, next minute u are on ur way out
pastor preach.....smh for nothing!!!
Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by JohnnyPalmer: 1:08am On Mar 14, 2019
cr7lomo:

Show me when messi scored Simeone's atletico a hat trick...or u no sabi read again Messi has never in his career scored a hat trick against Diego simeone's atletico

Stop quoting me guy..... Initially you said he has never scored hattrick against athletico.... Not 2 goals you said
Now you saying against simeone
What if i tell you that in simeone's first season.... on September 24 2011....he scored a hat trick....
But then you will say it's his first season

Now answer me this.... How. Many times have ronaldo scored an hattrick against messi barca
Cos messi scored one against him
Since you wanna use hat trick as your criteria

How. Many times has he defeated messi in the UCL

The answer to both... Zero times

So go hug transformer or something..... Someone has 32 goals against a club..... Only one penalty

Over 50% of your pseudogoat hattrick involves a penalty.... For. Messi... Less than 20%

Even if it was about goals.... We can't begin to compare their goal to game ratio.... Messi comes out on top

So wetin una wan die on top

Comparing both their number of years in spain alone.... Messi has more goals in all competitions

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by KendrickAyomide: 1:13am On Mar 14, 2019
Nbote:
Lyon will surprise Barca
surprise barca by even scoring 1 goal

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by KendrickAyomide: 1:14am On Mar 14, 2019
Raydos:
Brother messi will once again disappear on the pitch tonight just like he did against Roma cheesy
disappear into your mother's blouse . Lmao
Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by KendrickAyomide: 1:14am On Mar 14, 2019
Vizzy4u:
All my lyon fans can we gather and take a selfiegrin......
Awon Eyan lucious lyon
Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by Hermes019: 1:15am On Mar 14, 2019
Jeferious:
Each time people compare Messi and Ronaldo, I wonder if they are mad. A lot of people can't think for themselves: they depend heavily on an often sensationalised media, opinions from others, statistics, sentiments etc. If not, the issue of Ronaldo vs. Messi is hardly debatable. One player is clearly better, and that player is Messi.

Messi is the only player I have witnessed that statistics do not do enough justice to his contributions in the field of play. Unborn generations would need to watch clips of his football, otherwise they would not be able to appreciate what Messi was like in his days. I mean, goals or no goal, his influence is obvious in every match. A playmaker who is very prolific in the goalscoring department; only Maradona and Ronaldinho came close in the last 30 years. Every other player is either a very brilliant playmaker, or an excellent goalscorer, but not a combination of both.

I can go on and on, but the difference is glaring. Anyone who can't see the above has been blinded and brainwashed by emotions.
Loud it,the only skill that Ronaldo has is goal scoring,he is a predator,an excellent finisher,I would give it to him,but when it comes to football,the nitty gritty,creativeness,play making vision,pass accuracy,chances created,Ronaldo has nothing on Messi.
But u know ur average football fan,all he knows is that Ronaldo scored a hat trick that is enough for him

Messi is the goat,everyone who knows a thing about football knows this,in his most active years Ronaldo was playing catchup to Messi and even till today is still being compared to him

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by KendrickAyomide: 1:19am On Mar 14, 2019
braveboy64:
Wake me when THE GREAT LYON WIN
R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by KendrickAyomide: 1:21am On Mar 14, 2019
Pointguardusa:
I MUST PLAY IN THE NBA AND ABSOLUTELY NOTHING CAN AND WILL EVER STOP ME IN THE NAME OF JESUS!
Amen ! and don't forget to play in the American National team.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by KendrickAyomide: 1:22am On Mar 14, 2019
silent10:
One more goal Lyon. I just want to see another shocker cheesy
Shay e don shock you now?
Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by KendrickAyomide: 1:23am On Mar 14, 2019
PECON1:
God pls save us this night. the truth is barca can't win this year UCL

Shut up
Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by cr7lomo: 1:25am On Mar 14, 2019
JohnnyPalmer:

Stop quoting me guy..... Initially you said he has never scored hattrick against athletico.... Not 2 goals you said
What if i tell you that in simeone's first season.... on September 24 2011....he scored a hat trick....

Now answer me this.... How. Many times have ronaldo scored an hattrick against messi barca

So go hug transformer or something..... Someone has 32 goals against a club..... Only one penalty

Over 50% of your pseudogoat hattrick involves a penalty.... For. Messi... Less than 20%

Even if it was about goals.... We can't begin to compare their goal to game ratio.... Messi comes out on top

Comparing both their number of years in spain alone.... Messi has more goals in all competitions

U c how stupid u are... They hv played each other 2times in the knock out and once in the final... Ronaldo won once and messi won twice... U talk about penalty...if it was easy , ur leprechaun wud hv scored the one he missed against Chelsea that wud hv sent them to the finals... And I still stand by what I said...messi in his career has never scored Diego simeone's atletico a hat trick...
Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by wolexy14(m): 1:25am On Mar 14, 2019
JSMMUYIWA:

No wondercheesy
Your Chameleon Naturecheesy
Have fun jare Europa Mangrin
no worry i pray dey pair barca with juve on friday .....
Re: Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 by cr7lomo: 1:27am On Mar 14, 2019
JohnnyPalmer:

U dint even know when Simeone was appointed... U de show me September... proper mumu arguing without brains...aboki

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 7th March 2021 / Roma Vs Chelsea : UCL (3 - 0) On 31st October 2017 / West Ham Vs Manchester United (3 - 1) On 29th September 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.