Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,535 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act (1324 Views)

NOSDRA: Why Dead Fishes Were Found On Niger Delta Coastline / Buhari Rejects Ministerial Nominations From Imo, Ondo, Ogun / Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act by Peezol: 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has declined assent to the National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency Act (Amendment) Bill passed by the National Assembly.

Buhari, in a letter, addressed to Senate President Bukola Saraki and read at plenary on Wednesday, the President said his decision was pursuant to Section 58 (4) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended).

Specifically, the President said the bill undermines the powers of the Minister of Petroleum Resources and the functions of the ministry.

Buhari is the Minister of Petroleum Resources.

The letter read, “I am declining assent to the bill because in a number of important sections, the bill undermines the powers of the Minister of Petroleum Resources and the functions and responsibilities of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources.”

Buhari also rejected the imposition of 0.5 per cent of Operation Funds on oil companies, explaining that this will create an additional tax burden on oil firms operating in the country.

He listed the contentious areas in the bill to include Section 3, 6 (1a), 7 (a) and (b), 8, 9 and 11.

“Section 8 of the bill imposes a new charge and the industry of 0.5 percent of Operation Funds of oil companies for the enforcement of the environmental legislation in the petroleum sector.

“This imposition is an additional burden on the industry, particularly given that it is unclear what operation funds mean for the purpose of applying the provisions of the bill,” It added.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act by Midastorch(m): 4:45pm On Mar 13, 2019
God bless the C-in-C .... no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper... so what’s the big deal about the FTC??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act by phelonrays: 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2019
him don start oooogringrin
Re: Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act by Baawaa(m): 4:51pm On Mar 13, 2019
Buhari also rejected the imposition of 0.5 per cent of Operation Funds on oil companies, explaining that this will create an additional tax burden on oil firms operating in the country.

By all means Saraki want to destroy this government

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act by Realtord43: 4:52pm On Mar 13, 2019
If he like dnt sign it, another president will come n sign. presidency no b 4 lifetime

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act by DMerciful(m): 5:55pm On Mar 13, 2019
You see why he should not be president and same time minister of petroleum? This bill is for the protection of the Niger Delta environment but Bubu is concerned with more powers! Bubu na yeye!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act by etrouble: 5:57pm On Mar 13, 2019
Baawaa:

After Kwarans have destroyed his looting destiny. Thunder fire his family.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act by awele186: 7:56pm On Mar 13, 2019

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act by Xisnin(m): 8:41pm On Mar 13, 2019
Baawaa:

Midastorch:
God bless the C-in-C .... no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper... so what’s the big deal about the FTC??

See them.
Bunch of illiterates just like the president.
Buhari just rejected a bill that will improve the lives of oil-producing communities
and these zombies are happy because their god rejected it.

SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act by Midastorch(m): 11:43pm On Mar 13, 2019
Xisnin:

See them.
Buhari just rejected a bill that will improve the lives of oil-producing communities

SMH.

So praying for my dear President is why I’m an illiterate??you father is mad , I mean your real daddy...
Re: Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act by Xisnin(m): 11:46pm On Mar 13, 2019
Midastorch:

So praying for my dear President is why I’m an illiterate??you father is mad , I mean your real daddy...
You are an illiterate for responding like a zombie. Not thinking, just praising whatever you mini-god does.
A real father would have thought you the proper way to reason.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act by CrtlAltDel: 3:01am On Mar 14, 2019
Xisnin:

See them.

SMH.
Since you know better than the president please educate NL on the reason pointed out by the president for rejecting the bill is really at the the detriment of oil producing communities(as stated by you)....Tnx God the reasons were made public so no story.

We await your revert sir
Re: Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act by kotv: 3:28am On Mar 14, 2019
Xisnin:

See them.

SMH.

DMerciful:
You see why he should not be president and same time minister of petroleum? This bill is for the protection of the Niger Delta environment but Bubu is concerned with more powers! Bubu na yeye!

They don't care. Why would they care? Since when do parasites start caring about it's host? All they care about is how to bleed us dry. My only joy is that God is on our side. For every discrimination, thivery, and lack of focus we get from FG since this unholy union, although the North elite gets fat from it, the people that pays for it is their people. God is on our side. If he likes let me keep rejecting every bill that'll improve Niger Delta and his supporters rejoicing in joy. Let him and his supporters continue their bigotry. His people are who God continues to punish with death, poverty, misery and sorrow as revenge for each of their actions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act by Midastorch(m): 7:27am On Mar 14, 2019
Xisnin:

You are an illiterate for responding like a zombie. Not thinking, just praising whatever you mini-god does.
A real father would have thought you the proper way to reason.

One thing is very sure for me, you can’t see me outside and talk this things...... if to say na your papa born you, come to Awka South LG secretariat Amawbia in Anambra, I promise you, your family will not see you for two weeks....
Re: Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act by hardywaltz(m): 7:49am On Mar 14, 2019
Buhari really means well.
Oil companies are currently bedeviled with too many taxes including 3% of Profit after tax for NDDC now this 0.5%.
Of course we know what will happen to that 0.5%

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act by awele186: 8:14am On Mar 14, 2019
The bill means well. They should remove the 0.5 and represent the bill to Mr President. quote author=hardywaltz post=76639688]Buhari really means well.
Oil companies are currently bedeviled with too many taxes including 3% of Profit after tax for NDDC now this 0.5%.
Of course we know what will happen to that 0.5%[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Shoot Lawyer In Enugu,lawyer Escapes Wit Bullet Holes In His Car / Just In;Sowore: DSS Blocks Two Attempts By Court Bailiff To Re-serve Court Order / Kogi Decides: Result Updates From The Polling Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.