Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet (26974 Views)

FAA Grounds Flights In New York Due To Low Visibility (photos) / Ibom Air Acquires New Aircraft, Fleet Number Increases To 4 / Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Originalsly: 10:48pm On Mar 13, 2019
mctfopt:
They've lost more than $24b in shares since Sunday.
Grounding it may just be the quickest way to restore confidence in their products. I'm really a fan of Boeing and I hope they fix this to prevent more people from gruesome untimely death.

Don't you think it's the plunging stocks that caused them to ground the planes? Arrogant set of people... the information they're saying is new is what they already knew.

5 Likes

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Biglittlelois(f): 10:48pm On Mar 13, 2019
BabaO2:
Trump is as dumb as Atiku that wanted to sell NNPC to finance his friends

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by AngelicBeing: 10:50pm On Mar 13, 2019
sad

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Respect55(m): 10:56pm On Mar 13, 2019
mctfopt:
They've lost more than $24b in shares since Sunday.
Grounding it may just be the quickest way to restore confidence in their products. I'm really a fan of Boeing and I hope they fix this to prevent more people from gruesome untimely death.
There is nothing they will fix that will make people intentionally board that plane ever again even for free

2 Likes

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Xisnin(m): 11:00pm On Mar 13, 2019
ABSAO:
angry

Assuming it's Chinese product, Western media won't let's hear word. The plane should be assembled and destroyed with latest nuclear weapons.
Also the company should be sued it seems they are not ready to take responsibility to the sorry incedence.
Western media exist for western countries, so is Chinese media for the Chinese.
If you want to hear good things about China and feel happy, start patronizing Chinese
cable TV and news media.

If you have been reading or watching western news, you would see that this is a major news
so your claim on letting you hear word is also false.
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2019
They had better.

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by manny4life(m): 11:05pm On Mar 13, 2019
Originalsly:

Don't you think it's the plunging stocks that caused them to ground the planes? Arrogant set of people... the information they're saying is new is what they already knew.

I think they grounded the planes not because of stock decline, I mean a stock will tank after any bad news, but I believe this was done out of pressure. Even Boeing CEO has repeatedly stated that it has no further advisory to issue and also, the claim a that it withheld pertinent data on MCAS is false. My opinion for which I may be wrong is that Pilots weren't properly trained on the new system. Give it a couple of weeks, the temporary bans will be lifted once software updates are pushed and correct flight training manuals are updated.

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by nelronaldo(m): 11:05pm On Mar 13, 2019
24 death traps. Thank God for this decision
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by uuzba(m): 11:10pm On Mar 13, 2019
rentAcock:
I feel sorry for all Boeing shareholders right now, I see their stock price falling another 30% before everything returns to normal. What I love about this Boeing story is the fact that I can head to facebook and twitter and talk about the aircraft even though i've never flown on a plane before and people will like my post. If something isn't done about this, Airbus may steal market share from Boeing. On the 20th minute on June 21st 1994, Rashidi became the first Nigerian player to score in the worldcup where we defeated Bulgaria 3-0.
It's like your money is plenty. You are sorry for Aeroplane share holders,
Abeg, I need money. Make I send account number?
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by seunfly: 11:10pm On Mar 13, 2019
They can no longer deny it, once Canada could no longer support Boeing due to similar data to what happened to ethpian airline, US had to backdown.

2 Likes

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Ubenedictus(m): 11:16pm On Mar 13, 2019
chloride6:
Finally, its haunted sad
Sell your Boeing stock..
Dont sell at all!!!, wait for the stock to drop more in value, then start buying the stock.
I repeat this is the right time to buy boeing stock.
buy more!
If you know, u know.
Those stocks will make a comeback, at the end you'll be a billionaire in naira
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 13, 2019
Bad day for Boeing and good day for Airbus. The competition is real.
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by yusfatedeeprof(m): 11:19pm On Mar 13, 2019
Cletus77:
Nigeria is not even on that list sef..yet they have rushed and banned too..

People been killed everyday in Kaduna and Zamfara..Dem say na aviation sector wey no dey function sef be their problem
Do you even know what an airspace means?
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Husbandofigbos: 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2019
Cletus77:
Nigeria is not even on that list sef..yet they have rushed and banned too..

People been killed everyday in Kaduna and Zamfara..Dem say na aviation sector wey no dey function sef be their problem

That is because plane crashes kill the rich, only the poor and helpless die in Kaduna and Zamfara.

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by TheAlchemist: 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2019
Ubenedictus:
Dont sell at all!!!,
wait for the stock to drop more in value, then start buying the stock.

I repeat this is the right time to buy boeing stock.

buy more!

If you know, u know.

Those stocks will make a comeback, at the end you'll be a billionaire in naira

In some part of Africa such Billions could be termed as "Blood Money"..
Out of respect for the dead i would not enjoy making a profit from such an opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by goslowgoslow(m): 11:35pm On Mar 13, 2019
IjebuWarrior:
Your data shows Ethiopian Airlines has '4'...

It's now '3', mind you. undecided
How do you know it wasn't 5?

2 Likes

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Husbandofigbos: 11:36pm On Mar 13, 2019
chloride6:
Finally, its haunted sad

Sell your Boeing stock..

If you have, I'm looking to buy Boeing stock.
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Husbandofigbos: 11:38pm On Mar 13, 2019
TheAlchemist:

Out of respect for the dead i would not enjoy making a profit from such an opportunity.

Na so.

I would buy plenty so that Boeing would bounce back and make upgrades to prevent more crashes.
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Cletus77(m): 11:38pm On Mar 13, 2019
yusfatedeeprof:

Do you even know what an airspace means?
If only you knew who you're talking to

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Cletus77(m): 11:39pm On Mar 13, 2019
Husbandofigbos:

That is because plane crashes kill the rich, only the poor and helpless die in Kaduna and Zamfara.
True!!!

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by nicepoker101(m): 11:44pm On Mar 13, 2019
jaxxy:
That’s the proper thing to do. Since. It seems this error only occurs or is more obvious during early period of takeoff.
the technology there is to economize fuel. But when the software triggers the operation the pilots get confused and can't manage the situation properly.

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by ReeLoaDead(m): 12:00am On Mar 14, 2019
IjebuWarrior:
Your data shows Ethiopian Airlines has '4'...It's now '3', mind you. undecided
Maybe Boeing will dash them 1 (or even 2) for this Boeing mistake ...
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by lastempero: 12:03am On Mar 14, 2019
How come I didn't see Nigeria on the list or Nigeria decided to ban what they dont have grin
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Originalsly: 12:33am On Mar 14, 2019
manny4life:

My opinion for which I may be wrong is that Pilots weren't properly trained on the new system. Give it a couple of weeks, the temporary bans will be lifted once software updates are pushed and correct flight training manuals are updated.

The pilots are saying the root of the problem is the software...... Boeng apparently does not want to fix that.... but prefer to find ways to get around the problem... train pilots on what to do if the software acts up... put this stuff in their manuals etc... why not just replace the software? As one pilot said... what other problem lies in the software? And yes... I do agree they're also getting pushback...afterall... flyers will now certainly let their airline know they are not flying in that plane.

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Ishilove: 12:46am On Mar 14, 2019
The system prevents the aircraft from pointing upwards at too high an angle, where it could lose its lift.

However, according to filings with the US Aviation Safety Reporting System, which pilots use to disclose information anonymously, it appeared to force the nose down.

In both cases, pilots were forced to intervene to stop the plane from descending.
Imagining 'intervening' throughout an 18hour flight. That would be quite an effort.

Wow

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by InvertedHammer: 12:51am On Mar 14, 2019
/

Theboy1740:

See your life. Are you still defending Boeing and blaming the pilots?

/

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by cutelover19(m): 12:52am On Mar 14, 2019
Frezhkid10:
Why engage auto pilot..when u are trained to pilot...see all these manufacturers should stop using sensors to deceive is jawe. they are not reliable and pilots should be allowed to fly planes using there hands and brain!!!!!!

Says Adamu in Ogba who knows nothing about flying planes or airline operations. Use your brain and fly a plane for 10 hours while doing all the flight checks and documentation. Omugo
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by planetx: 12:55am On Mar 14, 2019
Frezhkid10:
Why engage auto pilot..when u are trained to pilot...see all these manufacturers should stop using sensors to deceive is jawe. they are not reliable and pilots should be allowed to fly planes using there hands and brain!!!!!!
How can a pilot hand fly a plane for 12 or 13 hours. And correction it's the FAA that grounded the planes not Boeing the manufacturer.

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by classikbill(m): 1:02am On Mar 14, 2019
IjebuWarrior:
Your data shows Ethiopian Airlines has '4'...

It's now '3', mind you. undecided
. you are right
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Ubenedictus(m): 1:10am On Mar 14, 2019
TheAlchemist:

Africans and irrationality, did u kill anyone? did you order any body to be killed?

How are you morally culpable for buying falling stock of a company?

This is not morality you showing.
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Ubenedictus(m): 1:19am On Mar 14, 2019
Ishilove:

Imagining 'intervening' throughout an 18hour flight. That would be quite an effort.

Wow
They dont need to be 'intervening' all day, just shut down the auto pilot systems and fly the plane like any other plane, chikena.

Many pilots engage the autopilot during take off and landing, not through out the flight. They can always fly manually.

It seems in these cases the pilots didnt know it was the autopilot he engaged that is nosediving the plane, so he panicked instead of simply disengaging the autopilot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Bad State Of Federal Roads In Abịa State... Death Trap (Photos) / Have You Ever Missed A Flight? / Electra Airways Boeing 737 With Shredded Tyre Lands Safely At Tel Aviv’s Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.