Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet (26972 Views)

FAA Grounds Flights In New York Due To Low Visibility (photos) / Ibom Air Acquires New Aircraft, Fleet Number Increases To 4 / Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Ishilove: 1:33am On Mar 14, 2019
Ubenedictus:
They dont need to be 'intervening' all day, just shut down the auto pilot systems and fly the plane like any other plane, chikena.

Many pilots engage the autopilot during take off and landing, not through out the flight. They can always fly manually.

It seems in these cases the pilots didnt know it was the autopilot he engaged that is nosediving the plane, so he panicked instead of simply disengaging the autopilot.
We won't know until the outcome of the investigation is made public.
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by vioment: 2:19am On Mar 14, 2019
USA too much, dem dun already go cop like 34 and 24 first, see levels.
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Sufisunni: 2:50am On Mar 14, 2019
rentAcock:
I feel sorry for all Boeing shareholders right now, I see their stock price falling another 30% before everything returns to normal. What I love about this Boeing story is the fact that I can head to facebook and twitter and talk about the aircraft even though i've never flown on a plane before and people will like my post. If something isn't done about this, Airbus may steal market share from Boeing. On the 20th minute on June 21st 1994, Rashidi became the first Nigerian player to score in the worldcup where we defeated Bulgaria 3-0.
about 400 people have lost their lives in both , but you are here talking about shareholder losing. Pathetic!

2 Likes

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by JohnNU(m): 3:04am On Mar 14, 2019
Frezhkid10:
Why engage auto pilot..when u are trained to pilot...see all these manufacturers should stop using sensors to deceive is jawe. they are not reliable and pilots should be allowed to fly planes using there hands and brain!!!!!!
If you have ever driven a vehicle for a 10hrs journey then you will understand what it means when you say a pilot should fly for 20hrs without autopilot. It will only lead to more crashes.

2 Likes

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by xpool(m): 3:28am On Mar 14, 2019
When will Dangote Cement suspend its global cement production?
Houses have been collapsing at unusual rate ..
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by toprealman: 3:57am On Mar 14, 2019
Last year, air peace said they bought new 8 Boeing 737 max8. How come they are not listed by the company?
#RefurbishedTokunbo
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by naptu2: 4:06am On Mar 14, 2019
toprealman:
Last year, air peace said they bought new 8 Boeing 737 max8. How come they are not listed by the company?
#RefurbishedTokunbo

They ordered for 10 planes (it's on Boeing's website). The planes are still being manufactured.

naptu2:

That's not true. It is right there! Check September 18, 2018 (Air Peace - 10).

Not only is it on Wikipedia (see first link and first screenshot), it is also on Boeing's website (see second link and second screenshot).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Boeing_737_MAX_orders_and_deliveries

http://active.boeing.com/commercial/orders/displaystandardreport.cfm?cboCurrentModel=737&optReportType=AllModels&cboAllModel=737&ViewReportF=View+Report

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by naptu2: 4:07am On Mar 14, 2019
Cletus77:
Nigeria is not even on that list sef..yet they have rushed and banned too..

People been killed everyday in Kaduna and Zamfara..Dem say na aviation sector wey no dey function sef be their problem

naptu2:

I think it's a reaction to the concerns of Nigerians. The NCAA had previously stated that no Boeing 737 Max 8 was registered to fly in Nigeria, but that didn't seem to satisfy Nigerians. In fact, on the thread that I created yesterday, someone claimed that Italian Airways was flying a 737 Max 8 into Nigeria last night.

It's necessary for the government to assuage the fears of Nigerians.
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Moukandjo: 4:20am On Mar 14, 2019
Cletus77:

People been killed everyday in Kaduna and Zamfara..Dem say na aviation sector wey no dey function sef be their problem
IPIGs must always display their bitterness! Don't worry, because of you, we will vote the beloved Atiku together in 2023 to reduce the bitterness that's always emanating from the landlocked part of town!
Cheers, man!
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by toprealman: 4:31am On Mar 14, 2019
naptu2:

They ordered for 10 planes (it's on Boeing's website). The planes are still being manufactured.

I see, thanks for the clarification. You deserve some bottles of your brand man.... grin
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:41am On Mar 14, 2019
If they put it up for sale at cheap price some criminally minded folks will still buy it.
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by naptu2: 4:44am On Mar 14, 2019
I watched an interview with the head of the NCAA's office in Lagos on the 7pm news yesterday.

He said that there is not Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft that is registered to fly in Nigeria.

They asked him about the Air Peace order. He said that there is no problem with the order. He says that it takes roughly around 4 years to build the planes and that by the time the planes will be ready, Boeing would have discovered what the problem is and made the appropriate corrections, so there's no need for Nigerians to worry.

3 Likes

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by fotadmowmend(m): 5:19am On Mar 14, 2019
Nigeria no kuku get one as hin tokunbo neva dey..... Can u see d advantage of tokunbo now? grin

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by lonelydora: 5:24am On Mar 14, 2019
Cletus77:

Because na second hand we dey buy. Just like when Toyota or Honda recalls vehicle models, are you expecting your Cotonou bought 2005 Camry to follow? grin

2 Likes

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Nobody: 5:38am On Mar 14, 2019
mctfopt:
They've lost more than $24b in shares since Sunday.
Grounding it may just be the quickest way to restore confidence in their products. I'm really a fan of Boeing and I hope they fix this to prevent more people from gruesome untimely death.

I saw it. I really wish those who went short on their shares happy times. 24b plus in their pockets. That's no joke money.

I sincerely hope airbus will do a proper check on their A380max. This gives them an opportunity over Boeing.

I prefer them anyway. Boeing should go back and overhaul the entire system.

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Nobody: 5:45am On Mar 14, 2019
Ishilove:

We won't know until the outcome of the investigation is made public.

Flying without auto pilot ain't nice bro. Manual is for old school while flying blind is for genius.
Now let me ask why pilot no longer fly blind. I watch a video of how a pilot lost both engines during flight but was able to glide down using manual calculations while trying best to ensure stability.

I also learnt most people suffocate to death in such scenario in modern times. Someone care to explain what I am missing.
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by mctfopt: 6:12am On Mar 14, 2019
specter:

I saw it. I really wish those who went short on their shares happy times. 24b plus in their pockets. That's no joke money.

I sincerely hope airbus will do a proper check on their A380max. This gives them an opportunity over Boeing.

I prefer them anyway. Boeing should go back and overhaul the entire system.

Short sellers will definitely be smiling to the bank.
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by naptu2: 6:13am On Mar 14, 2019
fotadmowmend:
Nigeria no kuku get one as hin tokunbo neva dey..... Can u see d advantage of tokunbo now? grin

lonelydora:

Because na second hand we dey buy. Just like when Toyota or Honda recalls vehicle models, are you expecting your Cotonou bought 2005 Camry to follow? grin

Nigerian airlines have placed orders for the 737 Max 8 and the planes are currently being manufactured. See Wikipedia, Boeing's website and the BBC below.

naptu2:

That's not true. It is right there! Check September 18, 2018 (Air Peace - 10).

Not only is it on Wikipedia (see first link and first screenshot), it is also on Boeing's website (see second link and second screenshot).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Boeing_737_MAX_orders_and_deliveries

http://active.boeing.com/commercial/orders/displaystandardreport.cfm?cboCurrentModel=737&optReportType=AllModels&cboAllModel=737&ViewReportF=View+Report

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Askme8: 6:23am On Mar 14, 2019
Akalia:
Boeing management knows that there is some engineering flaw in the design of the 737 max but they are very reluctant to make a clean breast of it, why? Is it to save face or they are subtly unconscionable as one pilot opined in an earlier report?
Lately, I think American aircraft manufacturers are not getting something right in the design of their latest aircraft models. Lockheed Martin, the US based military aircraft manufacturer ran into a a software flaw problem with the f-35 stealth fighter (arguably the most sophisticated military jet ever made); the aircraft's software was plagued by a crop of bugs.
China are the major producers of that plane not China America produce airbus. I suspect market stragedy here Boeing 737max8 has taken over the market who knows if their system has been hack to bring the product down in other to sell their own with the rate this product is spreading all over the market dollar will soon crash fear the Americans
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by yusfatedeeprof(m): 6:29am On Mar 14, 2019
Cletus77:

If only you knew who you're talking to
Then why make such comment......is it about how many Boeing 737 max operating in Nigeria or Nigeria airspace itself..... Airplanes can come crashing down anywhere you know......need for Nigeria to protect its airspace
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by lonelydora: 6:47am On Mar 14, 2019
naptu2:

Nigerian airlines have placed orders for the 737 Max 8 and the planes are currently being manufactured. See Wikipedia, Boeing's website and the BBC below.

Air Peace nah. Theirs is still be manufactured. All the local airlines you see in Nigeria have 2nd hand planes

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by naptu2: 7:08am On Mar 14, 2019
lonelydora:

Air Peace nah. Theirs is still be manufactured. All the local airlines you see in Nigeria have 2nd hand planes

Now you are trying to shift the goalpost. Your comment was that Nigerian airlines are not on that list because they will "wait to buy Tokunboh" of the Boeing 737 Max 8 (the aircraft that is the subject of this thread), thereby implying that Nigerian airlines can not buy brand new Boeing 737 Max 8.

Meanwhile, two Nigerian airlines (not just Air Peace) have placed orders for (brand new) aircraft from Boeing. That's not "second hand".

The reason that Nigerian airlines are not listed is because the planes are still being manufactured, not because "Na second hand we dey buy".

lonelydora:

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 14, 2019
Biglittlelois:

I didn't even know how to explain to the almajiri muturu that trump policies or governance had nothing to do with this.

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 14, 2019
Xisnin:

Western media exist for western countries, so is Chinese media for the Chinese.
If you want to hear good things about China and feel happy, start patronizing Chinese
cable TV and news media.

If you have been reading or watching western news, you would see that this is a major news
so your claim on letting you hear word is also false.

But I understood his point...though Chinese media will not spare the critics now
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Frezhkid10(m): 7:56am On Mar 14, 2019
planetx:
How can a pilot hand fly a plane for 12 or 13 hours. And correction it's the FAA that grounded the planes not Boeing the manufacturer.
...that was why Dy Incorporated transit in airline operations..just like Trump said...it will get to a time where computer scientist will be required to fly a plane due to it's complexity...

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by fx45(m): 8:00am On Mar 14, 2019
Foodforthought:

There was Nigerian on the plane that crashed. At least dem need show face na
Nigerian with a Canadian passport Is that one a Nigerian?
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by naptu2: 8:12am On Mar 14, 2019
fx45:
Nigerian with a Canadian passport Is that one a Nigerian?

There was a Nigerian (with a Nigerian passport) on the plane. His name is Ambassador Abiodun Bashua. He was a retired ambassador and he was a leader of the Nigerian community in Ethiopia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Cletus77(m): 9:02am On Mar 14, 2019
yusfatedeeprof:

Then why make such comment......is it about how many Boeing 737 max operating in Nigeria or Nigeria airspace itself..... Airplanes can come crashing down anywhere you know......need for Nigeria to protect its airspace
You're conflicting ursef
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Cletus77(m): 9:03am On Mar 14, 2019
Moukandjo:

IPIGs must always display their bitterness! Don't worry, because of you, we will vote the beloved Atiku together in 2023 to reduce the bitterness that's always emanating from the landlocked part of town!
Cheers, man!
If only your small brain can comprehend..
U say na Ipob be your problem
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Charly68: 10:23am On Mar 14, 2019
Wicked people everywhere using peoples life to experiment the functionality of their invention..imagine the number of brains that have been lost to various crashes

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 14, 2019
So fly Emirate, Qatar and Etihad don't use The max 8...
Nice one from Boeing but this will eventually favor their rival Airbus

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Yoighaman(m): 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2019
So I'm a pilot and the plane wants to crash, instead of me saying my last prayers, na recording of wetin dey happen I go dey do...ok nah, when the plane finally crashes and you eventually find the recorder and hear only prayers, don't be surprised...lol,.......but on a serious note, recording what caused the mishap (asides the automatic recordings in the cockpit) is truly selfless and a service to humanity, God bless our pilots.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Bad State Of Federal Roads In Abịa State... Death Trap (Photos) / Electra Airways Boeing 737 With Shredded Tyre Lands Safely At Tel Aviv’s Airport / Explosion Rocks Kidandan, Kaduna, 10 Children Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.