Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet (26964 Views)

FAA Grounds Flights In New York Due To Low Visibility (photos) / Ibom Air Acquires New Aircraft, Fleet Number Increases To 4 / Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 14, 2019
rentAcock:
I feel sorry for all Boeing shareholders right now, I see their stock price falling another 30% before everything returns to normal. What I love about this Boeing story is the fact that I can head to facebook and twitter and talk about the aircraft even though i've never flown on a plane before and people will like my post. If something isn't done about this, Airbus may steal market share from Boeing. On the 20th minute on June 21st 1994, Rashidi became the first Nigerian player to score in the worldcup where we defeated Bulgaria 3-0.
Guy, you're officially mad grin grin
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by manny4life(m): 2:52pm On Mar 14, 2019
Ubenedictus:
They dont need to be 'intervening' all day, just shut down the auto pilot systems and fly the plane like any other plane, chikena.

Many pilots engage the autopilot during take off and landing, not through out the flight. They can always fly manually.

It seems in these cases the pilots didnt know it was the autopilot he engaged that is nosediving the plane, so he panicked instead of simply disengaging the autopilot.

Try flying a plane for an hour, and then 3hrs and then more hours manually, then you'd see why it's necessary to engage A/P. Anyway, there seems to be a lot of chaotic contradictions, most pilots and Boeing engineers have repeatedly stated that MCAS automatically activates ONLY when the A/P is on OFF position. So this wasn't an A/P issue, but an MCAS software issue, and more, more training on how to disengage this system, at least during the crucial stage of flight.

1 Like

Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by stephleena(f): 3:58pm On Mar 14, 2019
manny4life:

Try flying a plane for an hour, and then 3hrs and then more hours manually, then you'd see why it's necessary to engage A/P. Anyway, there seems to be a lot of chaotic contradictions, most pilots and Boeing engineers have repeatedly stated that MCAS automatically activates ONLY when the A/P is on OFF position. So this wasn't an A/P issue, but an MCAS software issue, and more, more training on how to disengage this system, at least during the crucial stage of flight.
Re: Boeing Grounds Entire Crash Aircraft Fleet by tck2000(m): 7:41pm On Aug 22, 2019
gensteejay:
Guy, you're officially mad grin grin
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Christmas Lights Set To Switch On This Saturday / Eye-witness Report Of The Lagos-ibadan Railway, Ifo Axis, Ogun State / Explosion Rocks Kidandan, Kaduna, 10 Children Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.