Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract (7436 Views)

Ambode Orders The Repair Of Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Senate Terminates REMITA Contract And Orders Prosecution Of Culprits / Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by dlox01(m): 1:30am On Sep 04, 2010
chosen04:

The BOLDED below is what i mean by ''UNSERIOUSNESS''

YOUR STORY IS A SAD ONE, WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT IN READING BEFORE CONCLUDING??IT REALLY CANT BE THAT DIFFICULT DONT YOU THINK?
if a contractor does not meet the requirements within the agreement terms then it is subject to termination, if it is about sharing of money,you are only basing it on assumption not facts. The new company has promised to meet the deadline,so,lets watch and quit all this bias talk,u under payed PDP pikin grin
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by abbey621(m): 3:14am On Sep 04, 2010
@chosen04- Lady can you point to any of your governors from the south that has accomplished half of what governor fashola has done in lagos state. Okay fine let's not make this an ethnic issue, must you spoil the name of a good man because he believes in the justice system, all the houses being torn are houses that obstruct the plan of lagos state, this land plan was made over several years ago, the man is only following protocol. You are probably one of those who support governance that gives people a year of enjoyment only for them to suffer it for years to come. Next time you want to contribute, seek guidance first, weigh all the facts and do your research b4 concluding, as you have made a complete a** of yourself,
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by brojero: 10:49am On Sep 04, 2010
This core of this story is important; however can the mod change the title to a more relevant one?

We are all clear now that it is not the lagos badagry expressway contract. The road in question is the Ikotun Idimu Iyana Ipaja one

I used to live along the Idimu Iyana Iba axis, and I had to pass through Egbeda, even when going to Apapa.

Even then, the spot in front of Idimu Police station was a nightmare.

I dread to think the state it must be in now
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by lightheart(m): 11:56am On Sep 04, 2010
Unless d staffs @ bulletine r stark illiterates, I'd xpect dem to b defending demselves or cryin foul bt dats not d case as dey hv bin just silent!! D said road is just damn bad, u donna d curses bin heaped on d coy by d road users nd residents around.
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by Reptyle(m): 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2010
Guys I think we are all reacting based on a false premise. The newspaper report WRONGLY reported the termination of the Orile-Badagry project rather than the Ipaja road project. The Badagry project is been handled by Julius Berger and is still ongoing.

The revoked contract is the Ipaja project that was been handled by Bulletine. Tribune got the story wrong and any unbiased and discerning mind should have spotted the mix up rather than jump on the bandwagon of unfair criticism of a working government.
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by AkoEja: 5:20pm On Sep 04, 2010
Everyone cannot like Fashola. If you are not very intelligent or you are selfish; and your shop was demolished, to improve the city, you will hate Fashola
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by philip0906(m): 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2010
Lagos is divided in2 2. . .The Island(eko) and d mainland.The island,is where he pours the"billions" while d mainland,"ON YOUR OWN" grin
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by babapupa: 6:39pm On Sep 04, 2010
Olodo. 2 out of every 10 projects is on the island, everything else is on the mainland. Apart from ikoyi bridge, what else is going on on the island? Worry about your village and ignorance.
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by philip0906(m): 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2010
stop screaming into my ears. . .Only God knows where u get ur stats from From berger 2 ogba 2 iyani-ipaja 2 egbeda 2 ikotun,I did not pass one single motorable road.So,open ur eyes undecided
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by seanet03: 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2010
philip0906:

stop screaming into my ears. . .Only God knows where u get your stats from From berger 2 ogba 2 iyani-ipaja 2 egbeda 2 ikotun,I did not pass one single motorable road.So,open your eyes undecided
Look at this BLOODY LAIR!!!!
are you saying they are not motorable when you compare it with the CASKET READY STRAIGHT TO HELL EASTERN ROAD OR AMERICAN GOVT BUILT ROADS IN NJ
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by philip0906(m): 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2010
seanet03:

Look at this BLOODY LAIR!!!!
are you saying they are not motorable when you compare it with the CASKET READY STRAIGHT TO HELL EASTERN ROAD OR AMERICAN GOVT BUILT ROADS IN NJ
First,let me commend u on your new username grin grin grin
Now,I'll give u an assignment,take a drive or send someone 2 all these places I mentioned and get back 2 this thread wink
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by tpsolomons: 12:51am On Sep 05, 2010
philip0906:

Lagos is divided in2 2. . .The Island(eko) and d mainland.The island,is where he pours the"billions" while d mainland,"ON YOUR OWN" grin
I totally agree with you angry
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 06, 2010
@chosen, so fashola is corrupt? Then move further east and enjoy the reign of ur demagogic "priest beating" governors. i'M SURE LAGOSIANS WONT MISS U
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by chosen04(f): 8:13pm On Sep 06, 2010
Phlegmwash:

@chosen, so fashola is corrupt? Then move further east and enjoy the reign of your demagogic "priest beating" governors. i'M SURE LAGOSIANS WONT MISS U

No he is a SAINT!
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by kuzoma(m): 8:20pm On Sep 06, 2010
Bribe or no bribe Fash is still The Best Governor so far grin
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by chosen04(f): 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2010
omo-nla:

It just unfortunate that people jump into conclusion on what they know little or nothing about. Government dont just terminate your contract without warning on several occassion I know this cos I was in a meeting with Engr. Ganiyu Johnson yesterday where he warned by company and Brecco and gave us grace to improve our output. Fine he accepted that the government is owning us both asserted that our APG guaranteed that the bank we assist us with money when our money is not ready with the state. What am saying here is that if atall bribe will be collected from any contractor it will be before the contract is awarded not during the execution of project. In conclusion CONTRACT WILL NEVER BE TERMINATED WITHOUT BOTH WRITTEN AND VERBAL WARNINGS.
What is this one ranting about for

He gave you the grace to improve your output, cos you are still ready to play according to the rules? and cos you are still being owed

omo-nla:

What am saying here is that if atall bribe will be collected from any contractor it will be before the contract is awarded not during the execution of project. In conclusion CONTRACT WILL NEVER BE TERMINATED WITHOUT BOTH WRITTEN AND VERBAL WARNINGS.

You must think that its only you  that works in a construction outfit.

So they can not be a ''GENTLE MAN'' agreement that the 'kick backs' will be in stages of the contract?. Who told you that ALL kick backs MUST be before the contract is awarded?

A CONTRACT can be terminated once one party feels cheated . . . . . .either cos of       (1)  bad JoB (2) slow pace of job. (3)  inability to remit agreed kick backs. . . . . . . .

1) We all know that no contractor will want to lose a state government cos of bad Job, cos she will be black listed. . . Worst she will sub-let

2) Slow pace of Job, can be easily taken care of by more funding . . . . .Once the contractor has the money, the worst that can happen is she will sub-let the Job to a better hand and pocket her profits

3) ****Finally, Inability to remit agreed kick back is redeemless, . . .
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by chosen04(f): 8:41pm On Sep 06, 2010
abbey621:

@chosen04- Lady can you point to any of your governors from the south that has accomplished half of what governor fashola has done in lagos state. Okay fine let's not make this an ethnic issue, must you spoil the name of a good man because he believes in the justice system, all the houses being torn are houses that obstruct the plan of lagos state, this land plan was made over several years ago

My governor just an average Governor and he is not making noise about it,

Fashola is just an average governor who is still as corrupt as other. . . . . . . .

I weep for you guys for considering who is just an average as outstanding . . . . . . .Its only in the land of mediocre that average is considered outstanding,
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by doyin13(m): 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2010
chosen04:

My governor just an average Governor and he is not making noise about it,

Fashola is just an average governor who is still as corrupt as other. . . . . . . .

I weep for you guys for considering who is just an average as outstanding . . . . . . .Its only in the land of mediocre that average is considered outstanding,

at least this allegation has foundation, unlike the way you jumped without looking at the beginning of this thread.

U no know the road wey dem dey actually talk about, just start to dey shoot your mouth like Aba made kidnapper.
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by philip0906(m): 9:37pm On Sep 06, 2010
^^
even u a claiming lagos?Common stop denying ur state. . .Every yoruba man is now a Lagosian grin grin
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by Deruks(f): 8:31am On Sep 07, 2010
chosen04:

The BOLDED below is what i mean by ''UNSERIOUSNESS''

hey madam,accepted bulletine didn't bribe fashola as u said bt lets be sincere if you are the governor you will do worst,dat guy is trying his best and you sit here and condemn him.At least he is doing sometin,what about governors dat receive allocation for their state and transfer it into personal use.think b4 u talk madam.
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by chosen04(f): 8:45am On Sep 07, 2010
Deruks:

hey madam,accepted bulletine didn't bribe fashola as u said bt lets be sincere if you are the governor you will do worst,dat guy is trying his best and you sit here and condemn him.At least he is doing sometin,what about governors dat receive allocation for their state and transfer it into personal use.think b4 u talk madam.

To whom much is given much should be expected

With amount of money generated or [s]daylight robbed from citizens by lagos state govt officials [/s] Lagos shouldnt be competing with States that depends on federal allocations for survival 100%.
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by chosen04(f): 8:50am On Sep 07, 2010
doyin13:

at least this allegation has foundation, unlike the way you jumped without looking at the beginning of this thread.

U no know the road wey dem dey actually talk about, just start to dey shoot your mouth like Aba made kidnapper.

Which allegation has foundation? The allegation that SAINT BRF is collecting kick-backs?

Or the allegation that the contract termination has been denied? which of them rejected ''Area Boy''
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by babapupa: 9:07am On Sep 07, 2010
chosen04:

To whom much is given much should be expected

With amount of money generated or [s]daylight robbed from citizens by lagos state govt officials [/s] Lagos shouldnt be competing with States that depends on federal allocations for survival 100%.

There are states in Nigeria with higher yearly budget and lower population.

A good example is cross river.

Lagos state porpulation = 18 million/418 billion naira budget

Cross rivers population = 5 million/426 billion naira budget.

Now, with higher budget and lower population and service demand, shouldn't cross rivers be doing what Lagos is doing x 5 and way better?

Curb your ignorance and mindless rubbish, it's not always about money, it's about good leadership and vision,
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by rabzy: 11:02am On Sep 07, 2010
philip0906:

stop screaming into my ears. . .Only God knows where u get your stats from From berger 2 ogba 2 iyani-ipaja 2 egbeda 2 ikotun,I did not pass one single motorable road.So,open your eyes undecided

From Berger to Pen cinema, most of the stretch is motorable, the point of collapse is at the turn to pen cinema and it has been repaired several times to no avail, all those places are swarmpy and i believe to permanently resolve that problem, some houses and that filling station has to go.
Total to Iyana Ipaja is motorable, Iyana-ipaja - Ikotun is under construction and would soon be motorable.
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by chosen04(f): 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2010
babapupa:

There are states in Nigeria with higher yearly budget and lower population.

A good example is cross river.

Lagos state porpulation = 18 million/418 billion naira budget

Cross rivers population = 5 million/426 billion naira budget.

Now, with higher budget and lower population and service demand, shouldn't cross rivers be doing what Lagos is doing x 5 and way better?

Curb your ignorance and mindless rubbish, it's not always about money, it's about good leadership and vision,

The usual ranting of a gooferian. . . . . . . .Which state in the country generates as much internal funds like LAGOS?

We are talking about internally generated revenue, the gooferian is ranting about annual budget estimates . . . . . . . *****.I shame for you******
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by seanet02: 6:48pm On Sep 07, 2010
chosen04:

The usual ranting of a gooferian. . . . . . . .Which state in the country generates as much internal funds like LAGOS?

We are talking about internally generated revenue, the gooferian is ranting about annual budget estimates . . . . . . . *****.I shame for you******
YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AN ENEMY OF PROGRESS JUST BECAUSE YOUR OWN GOV. OHAKIM IS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND IN THE CLASS OF PERFORMING GOVS.

HE ONLY KNOWS HOW TO STRIP A CATHOLIC BISHOP NAKED slowpoke
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by babapupa: 7:05pm On Sep 07, 2010
chosen04:

Internally generated or federally allocated, it all ends up on your operational budget table, it's all you have to work with. The point here is, some states are richer than Lagos state and and unlike Lagos state they still have little or nothing to show for it.

It amazes me how people like you mix up stupidity with ignorance and deception. Obviously, Lagos state is generating more revenue internally to make up for lower allocation from the FG, same allocation that allows states like cross rivers to post higher budgets than Lagos state regardless of Lagos states internally generated revenue.

Shouldn't you be asking yourself what these other states are doing with their money and where all that money is going if you really give a s/h/i/t about your country and not just spewing hateful and  ignorant rubbish about Lagos state.

Shouldn't the FG be compensating the state of Lagos for taking care of 18 million people + from every corner of Nigeria?

And where do you suggest Lagos state get the money to take care of 18 million people from including thousands calling the state home every single day? From the sky?

I know it's a pastime for people like you to spew mindless rubbish on NL, but shut up or try making sense or deploy the remaining good side of your brain sometimes.
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by chosen04(f): 7:18pm On Sep 07, 2010
seanet02:

YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AN ENEMY OF PROGRESS JUST BECAUSE YOUR OWN GOV. OHAKIM IS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND IN THE CLASS OF PERFORMING GOVS.

HE ONLY KNOWS HOW TO STRIP A CATHOLIC BISHOP unclothed slowpoke

NKITA ARA . . . . . . . am not from IMO STATE . . . . . . . .So, stop ranting goofing
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by dlox01(m): 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2010
chosen04:

y are you so miserable y are you soooo daft sefwhich state generates internal funds?question, if that large amount of Federal allocation given to other states like yours was put to good use,dont you think you will generate such??we have resoursces in your state uptapped and manpower wasting and to cap it up, monstrous governance and loud mouthed id!ots like you dat dont know what to do with it and all you do is look at progress with a blurry vision coz its all strange to you. what a shame!!!
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by olafolarin(m): 6:24pm On Oct 04, 2010
"Whether you like or you no like" Fashola is Number One in Nigeria today.
Lagos-Badagry expressway is not terminated but seriously progressing.
All Fashola haters can go suck it.
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by xterra2(m): 6:36pm On Oct 04, 2010
olafolarin:

Good i believe you
But please can you snap a picture and upload please
Re: Lagos Terminates Lagos-badagry Expressway Contract by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2010
olafolarin:

Well, in the country of the blind, the one eyed man is king. People continue to heap praises on this Fashola guy for doing exactly (or maybe less than) the job he was elected to do; at the same time he is stealing public funds on a gargantuan scale.

When will a case of someone just doing his job stop being an exception rather than the rule in this country? Maybe when we stop canonizing crooked politicians, whether they perform the job they're elected to do or not.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Popular Person On Nairaland Politics Session? / STRANGE WORLD : How Did This Things Happen. Pictures. / Buhari Not Running Voodoo Economics, Says APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.