Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,799 members, 7,813,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

If You Were Once An Introvert How Did You Change? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Were Once An Introvert How Did You Change? (3092 Views)

Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? / How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? / Did You Have This Kind Of Parent As A Kid? How Did You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: If You Were Once An Introvert How Did You Change? by cassyrooy(m): 12:48am On Mar 27, 2019
CapedBaldy:
I'm an introvert and I don't really like living like this. I find it hard to start conversations with people and even when people try talking to me I can't hold a conversation. I wasn't always like this though I was quite extroverted as a kid and I was really popular in school. I only changed during my teens. I'm turning 19 this year and I want to get rid of this introversion. I've managed to make about 2 new friends but I don't really know them and they don't really know me. all we do is talk about anime and it doesn't really go past that. So, if you were an introvert at a point in your life please tell me how you were able to overcome it and start opening up. I don't want to feel insecure anymore.
You hardly get past introversion, I'm talking from my own experience.

I have been an introvert all my life but I learnt to develop a second persona which I mainly use (have been using since 2015). Many a time, I get exhausted by being all mixed with extroverts for an extended period of time.

I recommend that you read Susan Cain's 'Quiet', it helped me understand why I had to continue using my dualistic personas, the extroverted person to float through social spaces and my introverted self to define my life and all that concerns me.

Hope you get past this conflicting phase of your life.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Once An Introvert How Did You Change? by CapedBaldy: 8:01pm On Apr 22, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Newborn Baby That Looks Like A Masquerade / I Don't Feel To Good About A Future With My Sibling / Lets Talk Day :)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.