Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. (1618 Views)

RCCG City Of David Opens Dating Site For Mature Singles Online / What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman / The Flamboyant Life Of Jesus For Mature Minds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. by Martinez39(m): 11:32am On Mar 16, 2019
Brock1:

I av been having suicidal thoughts since childhood and up till now, it's still d same...

I came from a poor home, I av strived all my life till now to break out of poverty but all monies i gathered were lost in good businesses that went bad.
I av lost all I had.

While growing up, I sought for help from different well to do individuals but all turned to their deaf ears, I actually see no reason to continue living again even with my current low income paying and promotion barred job as bsc holder .

My childhood friends who I always had in mind when we were young by giving him money at my level, is controlling good money now, I narrated my ordeals to them, it went unattended to, so many friends have forsaken me(which I never had in mind not to help dem if I made it in life), same with some close elderly ones.. So this really shows no one cares..

Why should my life continue in pain, I don't know what d future holds, but it may seem same with wat I av been experiencing, I don't want to bring children into dis world without me properly catering for them, Its better d pain ends with me than to spread it to my next generation.

I no the country is hard, my parents have fault, our government are not helping same with my Christian leaders..

If anyone has a vital and not jus vague advice, I will appreciate.

Very sad indeed. Never trust human beings. When it comes to helping people out financially, no one cares. Even those you've helped, if any, will turn their back on you in your time of need. During dark times, friends disappear and people show their true colour. All I can is you keep hustling.

1 Like

Re: What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. by paxonel(m): 11:57am On Mar 16, 2019
Brock1:

I av been having suicidal thoughts since childhood and up till now, it's still d same...

I came from a poor home, I av strived all my life till now to break out of poverty but all monies i gathered were lost in good businesses that went bad.
I av lost all I had.

While growing up, I sought for help from different well to do individuals but all turned to their deaf ears, I actually see no reason to continue living again even with my current low income paying and promotion barred job as bsc holder .

My childhood friends who I always had in mind when we were young by giving him money at my level, is controlling good money now, I narrated my ordeals to them, it went unattended to, so many friends have forsaken me(which I never had in mind not to help dem if I made it in life), same with some close elderly ones.. So this really shows no one cares..

Why should my life continue in pain, I don't know what d future holds, but it may seem same with wat I av been experiencing, I don't want to bring children into dis world without me properly catering for them, Its better d pain ends with me than to spread it to my next generation.

I no the country is hard, my parents have fault, our government are not helping same with my Christian leaders..

suicide isn't realistic end of misfortunes. Thank God you are earning a little income yours is even better.
I think you should have a long term plan of how you are going to improve that little income, if it takes you to learn another line of business and be good at it perfectly,just do it.

1 Like

Re: What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. by Brock1: 12:04pm On Mar 16, 2019
Martinez39:
Very sad indeed. Never trust human beings. When it comes to helping people out financially, no one cares. Even those you've helped, if any, will turn their back on you in your time of need. During dark times, friends disappear and people show their true colour. All I can is you keep hustling.

U r correct, I helped a lot, but wen it comes to my low time, ppl disappear, I feel like living d world is just d best. Let me sleep and never wake or b rcreated again.
Re: What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. by Martinez39(m): 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2019
Brock1:

U r correct, I helped a lot, but wen it comes to my low time, ppl disappear, I feel like living d world is just d best. Let me sleep and never wake or b rcreated again.
Good people suffer the most in this harsh world because they don't, by their nature, anticipate the nastiness of mean and evil individuals. Just take what you have been through as a lesson. This time around keep no friends but useful acquaintances and any money you make should be spent on your self only. Others should go and work. You owe no one anything.

1 Like

Re: What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. by Martinez39(m): 12:24pm On Mar 16, 2019
paxonel:
suicide isn't realistic end of misfortunes. Thank God you are earning a little income yours is even better.
I think you should have a long term plan of how you are going to improve that little income, if it takes you to learn another line of business and be good at it perfectly,just do it.
Solid advice. Hope he makes use of this.

1 Like

Re: What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. by budaatum: 12:46pm On Mar 16, 2019
Brock1:

So did I. I even swallowed 60 5mg Valiums once and drank up the entire ocean at the Bar Beach. I wasn't thinking about suicide or dying both times but I knew I could have died.

Hopelessness. That's what you are dealing with. The future seems bleak and you can't see a way to improve it probably because you focus on the negative. But that's likely because you focus too much on what you lack rather than on what you have, and unless you are dead already, you probably have loads (skills, a sound mind, unbroken limbs, you did not starve yesterday and probably woke up in a bed this morning, etc).

Do a swot analysis on yourself please. It might help you properly see where you are, where you should be going and how to get there. And stop watching other people's horses least you fall in a pit for not looking at your own horse!

P.s. after years of thinking it was so bad, I then fell ill and now piss and poo myself and struggle to walk. Suicide? For where! You just watch me hang on to life with my toes!

1 Like

Re: What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. by Martinez39(m): 12:49pm On Mar 16, 2019
budaatum:

So did I. I even swallowed 60 5mg Valiums once and drank up the entire ocean at the Bar Beach. I wasn't thinking about suicide or dying both times but I knew I could have died.

Hopelessness. That's what you are dealing with. The future seems bleak and you can't see a way to improve it probably because you focus on the negative. But that's likely because you focus too much on what you lack rather than on what you have, and unless you are dead already, you probably have loads (skills, a sound mind, unbroken limbs, you did not starve yesterday and probably woke up in a bed this morning, etc).

Do a swot analysis on yourself please. It might help you properly see where you are, where you should be going and how to get there. And stop watching other people's horses least you fall in a pit for not looking at your own horse!
Oh my o my. Thanks for this advice. Hope he uses it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. by asalimpo(m): 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2019
Brock1:

I av lost all I had.

i'd like to help out if i can. Is your sh*tuation getting any better?
Re: What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. by asalimpo(m): 3:57pm On Mar 16, 2019
I've thought long and hard about why ppl would seriously contemplate taking their lives. The conclusion i arrived at are that, 1) life is meant to be enjoyed. People can endure certain amounts of stress but wen the joy is all gone and life becomes just a mere existence, ppl begin thinking - what's d use? Why keep up with this dead lifeless existence? Living just to living?
So people commit suicide to escape Hell on earth .
Think of people who've off'ed themselves. 99% were were under great strain.
2) people live with a picture of the future in their minds. When the movie is playing only bleak forecasts, the desire to live ends. They're numerous examples that can b given here. E.g a man incarcerated. He was in jail till 65! He was released to d world at that age. What future is there for him? Will he get married,strt a career, build a house, see his kids at that age? He can be positive but for most ppl, the movie in their mind shows mute dark footage. They'll slash d reel nd off their lives. Watch d movie the shawshank's redemption for an incident like this. In real life,some who've been in prison too long , commit crimes to get bck in when theyve been in too long (u.s.a).
For those who bear it and dont commit suicide, they become zombies. A large part of them dies from the weight of d pain. They are physically alive but just going thru d motions. Infact,you could say that these ones are the true cowards- too cowardly to pull the plug nd exit a bleak existence.
Some even hate God for creating them.

1 Like

Re: What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. by Martinez39(m): 4:19pm On Mar 16, 2019
asalimpo:
I've thought long and hard about why ppl would seriously contemplate taking their lives. The conclusion i arrived at are that, 1) life is meant to be enjoyed. People can endure certain amounts of stress but wen the joy is all gone and life becomes just a mere existence, ppl begin thinking - what's d use? Why keep up with this dead lifeless existence? Living just to living?
2) people live with a picture of the future in their minds. When the movie is playing only bleak forecasts, the desire to live ends. They're numerous examples that can b given here. E.g a man incarcerated. He was in jail till 65! He was released to d world at that age. What future is there for him? Will he get married,strt a career, build a house, see his kids at that age? He can be positive but for most ppl, the movie in their mind shows mute dark footage. They'll slash d reel nd off their lives. Watch d movie the shawshank's redemption for an incident like this. In real life,some who've been in prison too long , commit crimes to get bck in when theyve been in too long (u.s.a).
For those who bear it and dont commit suicide, they become zombies. A large part of them dies from the weight of d pain. They are physically alive but just going thru d motions. Infact,you could say that these ones are the true cowards- too cowardly to pull the plug nd exit a bleak existence.
I perfectly concur with this accurate write up. I think when people's desires and aspirations die, their lives become a mere existence which, to them, has no use. I think some people would rather live a certain life than not live at all. Some of these group of people kill themselves while some, out of the dread of death, keep on living and wandering the face of the earth without purpose till their very end.

1 Like

Re: What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. by Brock1: 6:21pm On Mar 16, 2019
U r very correct
asalimpo:
Re: What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. by Brock1: 7:26pm On Mar 16, 2019
asalimpo:

i'd like to help out if i can. Is your sh*tuation getting any better?

hmmmmmm, I am currently at d tail end of my life, I look forward to my woman at d moment to bail me out of my situation , if she fails... I see no need occupying space on earth till death comes, I will jus sleep and never wake up with proporfol given to Mike Jackson.
Re: What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. by Lovelash: 8:19pm On Mar 16, 2019
Brock1:

I av lost all I had.

Will you like to talk to someone? If yes, please send your phone number to me.,@ nifemilash@gmail.com. God bless
Re: What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. by Brock1: 9:58pm On Mar 16, 2019
Lovelash:
Will you like to talk to someone? If yes, please send your phone number to me.,@ nifemilash@gmail.com. God bless
I really appreciate ur help offer, let me jus continue living my life till I get to dead end.
Re: What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. by Evangkatsoulis: 10:52pm On Mar 16, 2019
Brock1:

I av lost all I had.

So your problem is breaking out of poverty?
Oga if your salary pass 20k manage am.
Everybody can not be rich.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Masturbation Is Not A Sin - Pastor Chris Onyakilome / Have U Ever Ask Ur Pastor For Money / See How Bishop T.D Jakes Celebrated The Birthday Of His Grandson Malachi Jakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.