Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,549 members, 7,955,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:18 PM

Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? (1811 Views)

Is Change Of Name Mandatory For A Married Woman? / One Year After My Nysc Pop: My Life Regrets / Is It Mandatory To Take Along O'level Result To Camp? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? by Blackmiserable(m): 8:10am On Mar 15, 2019
I will be passing out in July, Batch B, 2018 set and I don't want to go back home tbh. Even though freedom sweet die, it could be very expensive. Batch A just passed out and O boy, most of these folks are leaving end of the month. My roommate already checked out today. The prospects in this state and even the state capital is as dry as my state and tbh I am wondering whether to move to the Nation's capital or... even though I feel more at home here. Share your experience after service. Why did you choose to stay behind, how long did you stay behind, and have you moved?

1 Like

Re: Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? by donbachi(m): 8:50am On Mar 15, 2019
Whether you stay or move....it takes only the move of God for any man to make it in life...i pray you experience his move.

2 Likes

Re: Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? by Blackmiserable(m): 10:29am On Mar 15, 2019
donbachi:
Whether you stay or move....it takes only the move of God for any man to make it in life...i pray you experience his move.

Thank you bro. I could not agree more; it takes the move of God to make it in life but I'm not after making it in life, only after daily bread. I just want to fly like a bird to oblivion. Did you stay behind after service?
Re: Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? by Skykid1208(m): 12:44pm On Mar 17, 2019
I don't pray to go home after my NYSC
Re: Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? by harley88(m): 11:53pm On Mar 17, 2019
Blackmiserable:
I will be passing out in July, Batch B, 2018 set and I don't want to go back home tbh. Even though freedom sweet die, it could be very expensive. Batch A just passed out and O boy, most of these folks are leaving end of the month. My roommate already checked out today. The prospects in this state and even the state capital is as dry as my state and tbh I am wondering whether to move to the Nation's capital or... even though I feel more at home here. Share your experience after service. Why did you choose to stay behind, how long did you stay behind, and have you moved?

Same thoughts here. I don't see myself going back home to Lagos after service by June. I'm planning relocating to Ibadan.
Re: Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? by Blackmiserable(m): 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2019
harley88:

Same thoughts here. I don't see myself going back home to Lagos after service by June. I'm planning relocating to Ibadan.

Good for you! But why? There seems to be more opportunities in Lagos than Ibadan even though Ibadan is cheaper. What is steering your decisions.
Re: Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? by Blackmiserable(m): 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2019
harley88:

Good for you! But why? Although there seems to be more opportunities in Lagos than Ibadan, Ibadan has a cheaper standard of living. What is steering your decisions?
Re: Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? by Blackmiserable(m): 6:05pm On Mar 18, 2019
Skykid1208:
I don't pray to go home after my NYSC

But why? By the way, nice pics you have there!
Re: Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? by harley88(m): 12:39am On Mar 19, 2019
Blackmiserable:

Good for you! But why? There seems to be more opportunities in Lagos than Ibadan even though Ibadan is cheaper. What is steering your decisions.

Yeah more opportunities in Lagos but accommodation in Lagos is going to be an issue for me and i don't want to be left stranded. That's why I'm opting for Ibadan where I'd get cheaper accommodation and cheaper standard of living. I hope there are jobs though
Re: Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? by Blackmiserable(m): 3:33pm On Mar 19, 2019
harley88:

Yeah more opportunities in Lagos but accommodation in Lagos is going to be an issue for me and i don't want to be left stranded. That's why I'm opting for Ibadan where I'd get cheaper accommodation and cheaper standard of living. I hope there are jobs though

You may want to use nairaland to search for roommate. Godspeed.
Re: Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? by Iamfrank(m): 3:00pm On Mar 20, 2019
Same thing am facing, I just wish I can get a job immediately after my service, coz going home after service is my biggest fear... May God almighty see us thru

1 Like

Re: Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? by Blackmiserable(m): 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2019
Iamfrank:
Same thing am facing, I just wish I can get a job immediately after my service, coz going home after service is my biggest fear... May God almighty see us thru

I understand you. You go back home and then do what? Run errand, eat mama's food, and be a tomboy to those in the neighborhood who know you very well. When one decides to break free, it's not easy at all, I tell you, at all, especially here where nothing works, but honestly nothing can be compared with having a place and making cool money all to yourself, with a new people you'd love to mingle with. Honestly, if I get job, I wouldn't even think once, lol, but nothing here. The place just dry. And it wouldn't do to come back home because one couldn't cope with the harsh realities of life. Job! Job!! Job!!! God help us!!! But the way it
Re: Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? by Nnamz(m): 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2019
harley88:

Good day. I want to visit my girlfriend in June. I would be staying for two months. She goes to Lead City University in Ibadan. She doesn't have her own place so I need help finding a place to stay, maybe a self contain or something that I can rent for two months. Any recommendations would be great. You can email me nnamdiumahi@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Re: Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? by Dynamique: 3:16am On Mar 27, 2019
I stayed back because I wanted to experience 'Independence' post-NYSC year, my PPA gave me an accommodation but I moved out three months before the end of the service year. It takes a lot of guts to decide to be independent, the prospects might seem rosy, but trust me, it isn't always all that rosy. But believe me, you will definitely adapt to whatever life throws at you the moment you take that decision to be independent.

But let your determination and zeal to succeed be greater than your fear.

1 Like

Re: Who Stayed Behind For More Than A Year After The Mandatory NYSC? by Blackmiserable(m): 6:49am On Apr 08, 2019
Dynamique:
I stayed back because I wanted to experience 'Independence' post-NYSC year, my PPA gave me an accommodation but I moved out three months before the end of the service year. It takes a lot of guts to decide to be independent, the prospects might seem rosy, but trust me, it isn't always all that rosy. But believe me, you will definitely adapt to whatever life throws at you the moment you take that decision to be independent.

But let your determination and zeal to succeed be greater than your fear.
Thank you. Are you out of state?

(1) (Reply)

I Only Wish To Know If You Can Identify This Latest Corper Shun!! / Sample Of NYSC Mandated Medical Certificate - See Pictures / 7 Things You MUST Do Before You Finish NYSC Inorder To Have A Better Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.