Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan (53885 Views)

Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra / 3-Storey Building Collapses In Kakawa Street, Lagos Island (Photos) / Many Pupils Dead, Over 100 Trapped As School Building Collapses In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by kolnel: 10:33pm On Mar 15, 2019
Tragic
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by Honor10: 10:47pm On Mar 15, 2019
donstan18:
These are areas Tinubu should have channeled his energy and power in the West by arresting and getting rid of fake and unqualified builders, but NO, he focused on fighting Igbo therein.

Smh!

The way u are going, u may soon run mad, wat concern Tinubu with collapsed building in Ibadan? Get sense abeg
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:48pm On Mar 15, 2019
blazer2018:
Ignorance is a big disease...while i know the excavators needed to clear the rubble aren't coming, it is so wrong for people to be standing on that collapsed building...it could collapse the more, thereby killing those trapped underneath it or even swallow those standing over it.

People are so undisciplined in this country; the way people surround these places just for sight-seeing and taking pictures is irritating, most often they impede rescue parties from rescuing victims...our 'oju mi to' is too much lipsrsealed

As for the govt, if it is taking us forever to rescue people from a collapsed structure, or even in some irritating instances rescue equipments are unavailable;e, how then wld we have coped if we were to be sitting on fault lines?

exactly my thought... Nigeria isn't sitting on tectonics plates that may be active as we have in Asia ..imagine that we do... how do we cope with emergency response amidst such if only we have the technical knowledge of how to prevent that... but I guess corruption is taking its toll on us now.. it's a pity that the poor masses are the one getting the back lash with sudden death and calamity in this magnitude...

1 Like

Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by Jobabori(m): 10:51pm On Mar 15, 2019
Where is 3 storey building in Bode?. Is it from Idi arere to Molete or vice versa?. I cannot spot the location. If it is located before bridge from Idi arere then it is Bode market. Behind is Popoyemoja not Bode with mostly old houses. Opposite is Kudeti/ Yejide. After the bridge is Molete. So where is the building please?
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by Jobabori(m): 10:51pm On Mar 15, 2019
Where is 3 storey building in Bode?. Is it from Idi arere to Molete or vice versa?. I cannot spot the location. If it is located before bridge from Idi arere then it is Bode market. Behind is Popoyemoja not Bode with mostly old houses. Opposite is Kudeti/ Yejide. After the bridge is Molete. So where is the building located please?
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by chuckdelis: 10:59pm On Mar 15, 2019
People in the south west need to do something thing about their houses, they love storey buildings but will never renovate. Building of 1880's all over the place. And now the are collapsing.

Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by AbaLion: 11:16pm On Mar 15, 2019
Ibos making senseless comments due to their lack of respect for the victims. It is coming right back to you, karma doesn't wear condom.

-Lion
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by blazer2018: 11:18pm On Mar 15, 2019
emmanuelpopson:

exactly my thought... Nigeria isn't sitting on tectonics plates that may be active as we have in Asia ..imagine that we do... how do we cope with emergency response amidst such if only we have the technical knowledge of how to prevent that... but I guess corruption is taking its toll on us now.. it's a pity that the poor masses are the one getting the back lash with sudden death and calamity in this magnitude...

I think we allowed the whites leave too early...Nothing seems to be working here...Look at the South Africans, as barbaric as they can be atimes towards fellow Africans, the solid legacies the Whites laid for them are still being maintained and improved upon despite their high level of corruption too...But their citizens unanimously frowns at it.... look at how Zuma was ousted for corruption...but in Nigeria, the way we give ethnic colouration to corrupt practices prosecution, is baffling. And if corruption is not reduced, there is no way anything will ever work in this country.
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by OLAJADON: 11:24pm On Mar 15, 2019
Jayslicky:
since the beginning of this year, all the news we have been hearing in Nigeria is bad news, from tanker explosion to election violence now buildings collapsing, could this be a sign that the heavens are rejecting buhari been president because the number of bad news has tripled since buhari's re-election, R.I.P to lost souls.
chairman, u have sense why don't u use it?
is it buhari that awarded contract of the building?
is it buhari that cause the building to collapse?
these building have been built for more than 6,7 or more years, you should blame the quack contractor that constructed them and more to collapse. the fault is for me and you, you will give contract to unqualified contractors just because they charge less then after ten years the building will collapse and you will be blaming buhari for your nemesis.
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by ThatFairGuy: 11:27pm On Mar 15, 2019
Pessimist.....
Jayslicky:
since the beginning of this year, all the news we have been hearing in Nigeria is bad news, from tanker explosion to election violence now buildings collapsing, could this be a sign that the heavens are rejecting buhari been president because the number of bad news has tripled since buhari's re-election, R.I.P to lost souls.

Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by ThatFairGuy: 11:31pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hmmmm
careytommy37:
Thank God say I no dey live for 'upstairs'

Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by ken6488(m): 12:07am On Mar 16, 2019
angry Aso rock next quate and die angry
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by uuzba(m): 12:23am On Mar 16, 2019
danmagajicliff:
Nigeria and the collapsed of buildings!
More will collapse.
White men that gave us education and all the sciences regarding buildings cannot be building for us again.
We are the ones who read all this engineering books and still decide not to put the taught principles to practice.
More bulidngs will collapse. Because people do things anyhow in Nigeria and think nothing will happen.
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by frozen70(f): 1:30am On Mar 16, 2019
Check out very well
All these buildings that are collapsing are built by developers who compromise standards at the detriment of the occupants
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by adex301(m): 1:54am On Mar 16, 2019
careytommy37:
Thank God say I no dey live for 'upstairs'
Bungalow no dey collapse?
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by Darevofpeace(m): 2:58am On Mar 16, 2019
donstan18:
These are areas Tinubu should have channeled his energy and power in the West by arresting and getting rid of fake and unqualified builders, but NO, he focused on fighting Igbo therein.

Smh!
The election is gone broda,pls go pick up your helmet,axe and let's go rescue the "trapped victim"
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by TinaG(f): 4:01am On Mar 16, 2019
Again? Nigeria leaders should come and confess oh, it's no more funny cos I suspect it's a new way of rituals.
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by neonly: 6:38am On Mar 16, 2019
madgoat:

Your building might collapse tonight grin
Abeg help us greet them over there when u eventually crossover grin

Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by Kay25(m): 7:01am On Mar 16, 2019
No be do demons those politicians go seek help from dey take back their shares..
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by kutashi: 7:09am On Mar 16, 2019
Jayslicky:
Please, take your medication. Its time!
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by Nurabs24(m): 7:23am On Mar 16, 2019
So na malwedhe dance den dance abi
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by lonelydora: 7:45am On Mar 16, 2019
TwoBottles:
An old woman who lives all alone was lying on her straw mattress, suddenly the weather changed and it was about to rain.

In a flash, she remembered the firewood she toiled all morning to gather and decided to go out to re-position it lest the rain falls on it: for it was her only source of livelihood as no one will buy it if is wet.

As soon as she stepped outside, her old mud house came crashing down.

The penultimate questions is this; what saved the old woman?

May God protect us all from all manner of disaster.

We will be late for Tragedy

1 Like

Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by Fidelismaria: 8:32am On Mar 16, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Oboy

He be like say na bungalow and flat go sure pass ooo

Make my house rent expire make I comot for the storey building where I dey

Check my signature
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by Galaxyowerri(m): 8:36am On Mar 16, 2019
Jayslicky:
That's the perfect description of a Hobbesian society. Nigeria is already imploding under its own weight of ineptitude, chaos, corruption, confusion etc. It can only get worse except we do the right thing always or break up for efficiency to take root.
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by Galaxyowerri(m): 8:45am On Mar 16, 2019
frozen70:
Check out very well
All these buildings that are collapsing are built by developers who compromise standards at the detriment of the occupants
Look at this small afonja girl with small brain. So, developers are the ones building these substandard buildings in afonja domains like Bode in Ibadan and Lagos island where indigenes live while they build solid structures in their own region and settlements?? Continue seeing Igbo giants everywhere, after all we are omnipresent tongue
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by Galaxyowerri(m): 8:53am On Mar 16, 2019
Jobabori:
Where is 3 storey building in Bode?. Is it from Idi arere to Molete or vice versa?. I cannot spot the location. If it is located before bridge from Idi arere then it is Bode market. Behind is Popoyemoja not Bode with mostly old houses. Opposite is Kudeti/ Yejide. After the bridge is Molete. So where is the building please?
Jesu Kristi, so ordinary 3 story building is very rare to see in sections of Ibadan yet when we upload pictures of 16th century looking mass of red roof with plaster-coated mud houses covering most parts of Ibadan, you will claim it was taken in 1930 grin grin
Lol, I can't stop laughing. Even third rate towns in Igboland like Orlu, Nnewi, Okigwe, Nsukka, Oguta etc have 3 story buildings in virtually every street!!
This is serious!!!
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by adetem(m): 8:55am On Mar 16, 2019
[wquote author=Amagite post=76689915]A three-storey building has collapsed this evening at Bode area, just after Molete bridge, Ibadan.

According to report, people are still trapped and no rescue team are yet on ground to help.

Trapped victims are reportedly crying for help with phone calls.

This is coming only two days after a three-storeyed building collapsed in Lagos State, killing 20 people, another building has collapsed at the Bode area of Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.

More updates soon....

http://www.amagitesblog.com/2019/03/3-storey-building-collapses-in-ibadan.html

[/quote] the new government in Lagos and oyo need to wash their head, e b like their start no wan good oooo
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by frozen70(f): 10:54am On Mar 16, 2019
Galaxyowerri:

Look at this small afonja girl with small brain. So, developers are the ones building these substandard buildings in afonja domains like Bode in Ibadan and Lagos island where indigenes live while they build solid structures in their own region and settlements?? Continue seeing Igbo giants everywhere, after all we are omnipresent tongue

The position of your brain is on a wrong side
Always read very well before responding
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by Yoighaman(m): 11:20am On Mar 16, 2019
Jayslicky:

So if the heavens accepts an Atiku, would you wish to go to that kind of heaven?
Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by vannessa7(f): 11:49am On Mar 16, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

2019: YEAR OF ABUNDANT BLESSINGS COLLAPSING BUILDINGS. undecided

I wanted to say something along this line until I saw your write up, I knew from the beginning of this year that disasters like this could happen all over the world because of the number 9, its a good number only if there is complete holiness, that is why only those people that are very close to God will enjoy serious promotion s this year, 3 in 3 places makes 9 and 3 itself attract both the positive and negative spiritual, that is why the disasters are more pronounced in march this year all over the world, plane crash, tanker fire, building collapse, mosque killing in new Zealand, let's pray God should put an end to it all so that another one doesn't occur before the end of this year, that is why a September child should seek holiness by all means because the devil also wants you as much as God wants you, I am one of them, I had to convert to Islam to make headway in life because of holiness issue, being a christian already makes it hard to be holy because you depend on Jesus holiness unless you are a pastor, or you are by nature holy either because of your birth month, family background or race,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by vannessa7(f): 12:03pm On Mar 16, 2019
Galaxyowerri:

Omg! See inferiority complex live, she meant, building developers who acquire peoples properties, redevelop it for investment purpose, smh

1 Like

Re: Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan by vannessa7(f): 12:07pm On Mar 16, 2019
Galaxyowerri:

Jesu Kristi, so ordinary 3 story building is very rare to see in sections of Ibadan yet when we upload pictures of 16th century looking mass of red roof with plaster-coated mud houses covering most parts of Ibadan, you will claim it was taken in 1930 grin grin
Lol, I can't stop laughing. Even third rate towns in Igboland like Orlu, Nnewi, Okigwe, Nsukka, Oguta etc have 3 story buildings in virtually every street!!
This is serious!!!

Ibadan is not far now, why don't you take a trip there and see for yourself if you will not pick your jaw from the floor, you are comparing Ibadan to your forest towns and villages, please prove yourself right and schedule a trip to Ibadan and comeback to report your findings

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Of The Worst Sky Scrapper, High-Rise Building Collapses In History(Photos) / Doors - Discussions About Doors - Qualities, Sizes, Types, Installations Etc. / Panic In Abia Community As Erosion Site Swallows 2-storey Building (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.