Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria (6010 Views)

FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 / Minimum Requirements Of Becoming A Professor In Nigeria / Minimum Age For Admission Into University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Adiahakiet: 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2019
So today a friend of mine lost a job in a multinational company. He successfully scaled trough the rigorous test and was flushed out during the interview stage due to what the panel tagged impossible claim on his cv.

We understand the unrealistic age demand by employers nowadays in naija.

So am creating this thread for Nairalnders to share their experiences and the age they finished secondary school.

I'd also love to ask, what is the minimum age one can finish secondary school in Nigeria. I heard some people saying its possible at 13

Doesn't that look suspicious to employers? Let's share our experience
Cc: Richiez
fynestboi
Lalastica
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Dvd4: 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2019
Its suppose to be 15, using the 3 6 6 STANDARD OF EDUCATION. But these days, children don't do NUR 3, PRI 4 AND 5, JSS3, SS2 AND SS3. I weep.
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Dvd4: 10:05pm On Mar 15, 2019
What then do you expect? They think going 2 sch is just to get COMMON ENTRANCE, JSCE, SSCE. If them see way to jump them for UNIVERSITY, they will, but the amazing thing is that no matter how bright and outstandin you are in TERTIARY INSTITUTES, every LEVEL is crucial. Let me enter government first.
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Niyeal(m): 10:12pm On Mar 15, 2019
17-18years
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Adiahakiet: 10:26pm On Mar 15, 2019
Dvd4:
Its suppose to be 15, using the 3 6 6 STANDARD OF EDUCATION. But these days, children don't do NUR 3, PRI 4 AND 5, JSS3, SS2 AND SS3. I weep.
so on average what do u think is the minimum considering these skips. Reasonably speaking
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Adiahakiet: 10:28pm On Mar 15, 2019
Dvd4:
What then do you expect? They think going 2 sch is just to get COMMON ENTRANCE, JSCE, SSCE. If them see way to jump them for UNIVERSITY, they will, but the amazing thing is that no matter how bright and outstandin you are in TERTIARY INSTITUTES, every LEVEL is crucial. Let me enter government first.
lol....
Am telling you. I just have to create this thread so people can learn.
Sometimes I weep when I see 12years already attempting WAEC

1 Like

Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Adiahakiet: 10:29pm On Mar 15, 2019
Niyeal:
17-18years
i hear people from 13years now have Waec results o
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Irenemmeso(f): 10:31pm On Mar 15, 2019
Niyeal:
17-18years
people are graduating at that age
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Adiahakiet: 10:38pm On Mar 15, 2019
Irenemmeso:
people are graduating at that age
hmmmm,at what age did he finish secondary school
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Dvd4: 10:49pm On Mar 15, 2019
Adiahakiet:
lol....
Am telling you. I just have to create this thread so people can learn.
Sometimes I weep when I see 12years already attempting WAEC
I am currently tutoring a boy whose mother wants him to graduate before 18
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Dvd4: 10:51pm On Mar 15, 2019
JAMB SET A STANDARD OF 16 YEARS MINIMUM 4 ENTRY INTO TERTIARIES, BUT SOME UNIS ARE RULED BY MONEY ESP. PRIVATES!
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Irenemmeso(f): 12:03pm On Mar 16, 2019
Adiahakiet:
hmmmm,at what age did he finish secondary school
I don't know
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Valleys(m): 1:01pm On Mar 16, 2019
I finished @15 plus some months. Then, nothing like nursery in my area
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by jerryvyne(m): 4:39pm On Mar 16, 2019
Well, reasonably at the age of 15/16 yrs..you all have to agree with this..
But then, some have quite a faster education thru their primary & secondary yrs..i knew someone who finished @14..
He looked not fully matured thou brilliant but then, still small..

I had opportunities of skipping a Sen. Second schl class but I detested. I never wanted to miss those 3 classes(SS1-SS3)
It's very important. You can try to skip a JSS class n get away with it. But , don't try SS classes.its an advice.. it might tell sooner or later.
I didn't skip any classes through my primary& secondary years and I know it payed off.
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by jerryvyne(m): 4:41pm On Mar 16, 2019
Dvd4:

Sorry, 3 6 6. Or 9 3 4

Primary 1-6(basic 1-6) jss1-3(basic 7-9) to ss1-3 then 4 years tertiary education
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by jerryvyne(m): 4:48pm On Mar 16, 2019
Dvd4:
JAMB SET A STANDARD OF 16 YEARS MINIMUM 4 ENTRY INTO TERTIARIES, BUT SOME UNIS ARE RULED BY MONEY ESP. PRIVATES!

I think UNILAG adheres to this when calling for applications for Postutme. I don't know about others

If not going to be 17 before so so so time don't apply.. I guess something like that
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Dvd4: 5:22pm On Mar 16, 2019
jerryvyne:

I think UNILAG adheres to this when calling for applications for Postutme. I don't know about others

If not going to be 17 before so so so time don't apply.. I guess something like that
I doubt, was it not last time UNILAG graduated a doc at 21?
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Dvd4: 5:26pm On Mar 16, 2019
jerryvyne:

Sorry, 3 6 6. Or 9 3 4

Primary 1-6(basic 1-6) jss1-3(basic 7-9) to ss1-3 then 4 years tertiary education
TERTIARY NOT INCLUDED HERE. TERTIARY has got no p. and it isn't static. 3years Nur, 6years Primary, then 6years SEC.
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by jerryvyne(m): 8:16pm On Mar 16, 2019
Dvd4:
TERTIARY NOT INCLUDED HERE. TERTIARY has got no p. and it isn't static. 3years Nur, 6years Primary, then 6years SEC.

alright bruh

1 Like

Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 17, 2019
Between 15 to 18 years. Some finish secondary school at 23
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Dvd4: 8:40am On Mar 17, 2019
asuustrike1:
Between 15 to 18 years. Some finish secondary school at 23
THIS DISPENSATION?
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 17, 2019
Dvd4:
THIS DISPENSATION?
Of course it still exist. You need to visit interior villages to see things for yourself. Where I served years back, many SS2 students were between 20 to 22 years. I learnt many are still in that predicament as I type
Re: What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria by Adiahakiet: 9:35am On Mar 19, 2019
Lalastica
Mynd44
and other supermodes.....this deserve a front page for people to learn and contribute.
Oya is it possible for a child of 13 to finish secondary school

(1) (Reply)

This Man Has Kept His Hands Up For 40yrs As A Devotion To God / Lagos Assembly Moves To Return History Teaching / 10 Most Dangerous Things Found In Space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.