Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

10 Days In Hollywood - Romantic Story. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Days In Hollywood - Romantic Story. (274 Views)

New Romantic Story: MARA THE LESBIAN 18+ / The Romantic Story: 'secret Betrayal' / Short Romantic Story : Office Matter (18+) Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Days In Hollywood - Romantic Story. by Ogfundsblog1: 12:44am On Mar 16, 2019
To say it started for me in a cold office in Central London would be a bit of lie. My career path started when I was a 13 year old in school and, as someone who had no singing talent, I tired of the theatre department continually doing musicals. Therefore I did what any right minded individual would do and I wrote a play. After one performance, I quickly fell out of love with acting but loved the writing and directing side and decided that would be the career path I would follow.

From the age of 17, I worked in theatre and film production in one form or another and wrote plays to be performed by small theatre companies. Then my big break came when I had the opportunity to write and direct a small film at 28. 11 years of hard work had paid off and, twelve months later, I was strolling along the red carpet at my own film premier.

That was 3 months ago and I had just finished writing what I hoped would be my follow up feature. I had resisted the temptation to make a bigger film and had kept the story small and compact so I could work more on my craft. I'd got to the point where the final draft was finished and was called into the office of my agent/manager. He told me that there were a few production companies voicing interest in my follow up but he was sending me to Los Angeles.

The distributors had shown my film to industry insiders and my manager wanted to get my name out there. I didn't have a lot of interest in branching out yet due to my lack of experience but he'd done right by me over the years so I put my faith in him. Plus I hadn't had a proper holiday for years so the idea of staying in a hotel and being wined and dined on the company credit card was not something I was going to turn down.

From that meeting, I was able to get the tube back to my apartment and I felt a rush of excitement. Just short of two weeks in Los Angeles would give me a nice little break from the writing and I could experience a whole new side to the industry. After being given a few days to pack and buy some new clothes, I was sat in a first class seat on the BA flight from London Heathrow to LAX.

I imagine that the 11 hour flight would be an irritation if stuck in the standard seats. Luckily for me, the management company had paid for me to fly first class and I was enjoying the experience. The seat was very comfortable and there weren't many people around. Considering it was a night/early morning flight, the majority of people were asleep so I was left alone for quite a while.

We had been in the air for about five hours and I had been binge watching 'Narcos' on their media system since we took off. I was about half way through the first season when I felt someone sit down and tap me on the shoulder. I removed my headphones to see a beautiful brunette looking at with a cute smile. She looked vaguely familiar and was dressed in a loose fitting red dress. All I could tell from it was that she was quite thin.

"Hi, I hope you don't mind me bothering you but you're the only other person awake and I'm a little bored."

"That's okay. I'd offer you a drink but I think even the stewardesses are asleep." I replied.

To read the full episode click here. https://ogfunds..com/2019/03/stories-10th-day-in-hollywood-ogfunds.html

Subscribe to the blog to get notified of new episodes.

(1) (Reply)

IT Wizards Needed Urgently / Act of forgiveness / Ladies See The 4 Reasons He Has Not Proposed To You Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.