Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,687 members, 7,823,938 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) (43340 Views)

Russian Military Plane Crashes In Ivanovo With 15 Onboard; All Dead(photo) / What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? / Nigerian Air Force Plane Crashes In Kaduna State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by dontbothermuch: 4:08pm On Mar 16, 2019
Chai! My flight is 1:30pm tomorrow. All these news my brother explorer
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by Explorers(m): 4:42pm On Mar 16, 2019
dontbothermuch:
Chai! My flight is 1:30pm tomorrow. All these news my brother explorer

Flight to where bro? If na outside abeg come carry me o, with me by your side, nothing to worry about grin

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by success1smyn(m): 4:52pm On Mar 16, 2019
TourismMan:

False! This happened in 2005.
no he was very correct and you are actually wrong here.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by kalvoken(m): 4:58pm On Mar 16, 2019
Explorers:

Flight to where bro? If na outside abeg come carry me o, with me by your side, nothing to worry about grin

Hahahha. Oga even you too wan port out? I don give up for naija be that
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:58pm On Mar 16, 2019
these are major aircraft disasters that claimed the lives of more than 100 people,

you did not mention the small private jet crashes such as the one that Aaliyah was involved in.
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:06pm On Mar 16, 2019
kalvoken:

Hahahha. Oga even you too wan port out? I don give up for naija be that

Lol..... Ok dey there.
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2019
VeeVeeMyLuv:
these are major aircraft disasters that claimed the lives of more than 100 people,

you did not mention the small private jet crashes such as the one that Aaliyah was involved in.

Yea, that's why i said worst/deadliest.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2019
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by DonMekino(m): 5:57pm On Mar 16, 2019
the crashes in the 70s I believe ppl would be crying end time those days....after 40+yrs still more crashes.....please op can u chronicle the crashes involving Nigeria only.....I enjoyed ur post though.
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:01pm On Mar 16, 2019
DonMekino:
the crashes in the 70s I believe ppl would be crying end time those days....after 40+yrs still more crashes.....please op can u chronicle the crashes involving Nigeria only.....I enjoyed ur post though.

You can check this bro.

https://www.nairaland.com/893742/timeline-air-crashes-nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/1464629/timeline-plane-crashes-nigeria
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by 1daboi: 6:27pm On Mar 16, 2019
Explorers:
In 1980, a Lockheed L-1011-200 TriStar left Riyadh International Airport in Saudi Arabia.

Within seven minutes of takeoff, the crew received a warning that there was smoke in the aft cargo compartment.

After confirming smoke was reaching the cabin, the pilot decided to turn around and return to the airport.

The plane landed after just 20 minutes in the air but it was taxied on the runway instead of attempting an emergency stop.

The engines kept running throughout the whole process, and the delay in the evacuation resulted in the deaths of all 301 occupants due to smoke inhalation.
what?! This is crazy!

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:06pm On Mar 16, 2019
Sniperwallace07:
Most of the deaths, apart from natural causes, are being propelled by negligence... May their gentle souls rest in peace...
yes o,
indiscipline and carelessness.
the thing with airplanes is that any slight mistake could prove costly.

that Aaliyah crash clearly exposed the imperfection of Man. was painful.
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by TourismMan(m): 7:55pm On Mar 16, 2019
success1smyn:
no he was very correct and you are actually wrong here.
Sosoliso and Bellview plane crashes in 2005?
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by ayanbaba2(m): 8:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
sweerychick:
wrong it was the KLM captain that was at fault, he was impatient and coupled with bad weather and technical glitch that hindered vital communication. Everyone died on the KLM and only about thirtysomething person on the Pan am.. the casualty was five hundred and eightysome thing I can really remember.. making it the worst disaster of all time
thanks jere!

on the same page, we're!
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by Jarus(m): 8:54pm On Mar 16, 2019
Jiang:
This Boeing max is the only plane in history that killed the highest number of people.

Shitty upgrade

Not true.
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by Jarus(m): 8:55pm On Mar 16, 2019
TourismMan:

False! This happened in 2005.

Oga, na 2012.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 16, 2019
Jarus:

Not true.
Don't mess with sage jiang

Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:29pm On Mar 16, 2019
I can never board any plane never! Be it home or abroad.If all these were road accidents the fatalities would have been reduced to at most 500/700 at most.
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by DanDeeBoss(m): 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2019
ReneeNuttall:
I can never board any plane never! Be it home or abroad.If all these were road accidents the fatalities would have been reduced to at most 500/700 at most.
Then how will you get there (abroad) when the opportunity presents itself
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:50pm On Mar 16, 2019
DanDeeBoss:

Spiritual flight will do a fine job wink
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by DanDeeBoss(m): 9:53pm On Mar 16, 2019
ReneeNuttall:

Spiritual flight will do a fine job wink
Benin abi na Edo airlines...gringrin You can still teleport yourself cheesy
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:56pm On Mar 16, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
Benin abi na Edo airlines...gringrin You can still teleport yourself cheesy

Kikikikiki grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by Halcyon123(f): 10:25pm On Mar 16, 2019
I no see sosoliso
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by TourismMan(m): 11:46pm On Mar 16, 2019
Jarus:

Oga, na 2012.
Which year did we have two serious plane crashes in the country?
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by Jarus(m): 10:06am On Mar 17, 2019
Jiang:

Don't mess with sage jiang

Who is Jiang? Is she a Nairalander?
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by Jarus(m): 10:07am On Mar 17, 2019
TourismMan:

Which year did we have two serious plane crashes in the country?

The post I referenced is specific - Dana.

Dana happened in 2012. I had someone there.
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by DonMekino(m): 10:25am On Mar 17, 2019
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by SkinnyNigga: 10:37am On Mar 17, 2019
busky007:
bro Pls the link to your sile12 profile. Thanks in advance
deactivated
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by SkinnyNigga: 10:55am On Mar 17, 2019
sweerychick:
wrong it was the KLM captain that was at fault, he was impatient and coupled with bad weather and technical glitch that hindered vital communication. Everyone died on the KLM and only about thirtysomething person on the Pan am.. the casualty was five hundred and eightysome thing I can really remember.. making it the worst disaster of all time
ndi i-too-know
can't you read and pass.. ? you must show yourself..
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by sweerychick(f): 7:20pm On Mar 17, 2019
SkinnyNigga:
ndi i-too-know
can't you read and pass.. ? you must show yourself..
and what the hell is your fu.ckiing problem, can't you just ignore and pass
Re: Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) by Elphiasdoge(m): 3:22pm On Mar 18, 2019
DanDeeBoss:

wait for cruise ships to start plying Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaduna-Bound Train Breaks Down As Passengers Trek 1000 Meters Via Bush To Kaduna / Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) / 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.