Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Kindly Advise: Can I Appeal This Decision By This School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kindly Advise: Can I Appeal This Decision By This School (318 Views)

Drop A Comment When You See What's Wrong With This School Billboard / Checkout This School Signpost Spotted In Enugu (photos) / Can You Take Your Child To This School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Advise: Can I Appeal This Decision By This School by cresteddad: 9:42am On Mar 16, 2019
I applied for an msc program in a Nigerian university. The admission came through and I went ahead to pay the acceptance fee (50k). The course is environmental Management.

At point of clearance, I was made to understand that because I had a pass grade in chemistry in my o level results, I can't proceed further. This same result was used in my bsc level in another school without issue. The o level requirements were not explicitly advertised during the advert and I didn't do due diligence on my part too.

Now my 50k is with the school. A staff who is a friend advised I should write to the school of PG studies with copies of payment which I have done. He mentioned over 30 persons were affected.
What other actions can I take. What is the possible out come of this? Has anyone experienced such?
Can I get my money back.
Pls mature response
Re: Kindly Advise: Can I Appeal This Decision By This School by nams77: 10:01am On Mar 16, 2019
Follow up with prayers too. You can possibly meet any high ranking staff if u know any
Re: Kindly Advise: Can I Appeal This Decision By This School by Lovelynife(m): 11:25am On Mar 16, 2019
If it is University of Ibadan, go to pg school now cos Senate of u.i reconsider u people again
Re: Kindly Advise: Can I Appeal This Decision By This School by cresteddad: 11:37am On Mar 16, 2019
Lovelynife:
If it is University of Ibadan, go to pg school now cos Senate of u.i reconsider u people again
Don't quite get you sir. I have written to the PG school as suggested by one admission staff.
Are you saying UI considers issue like this and same thing happened there? Kindly enlighten me more. Thanks for your response.

Btw the school in question is not UI
Re: Kindly Advise: Can I Appeal This Decision By This School by Lovelynife(m): 11:54am On Mar 16, 2019
There is a bulletin to the effect to consider those having issue with O/level during clearance after paying acceptance fee
Re: Kindly Advise: Can I Appeal This Decision By This School by cresteddad: 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2019
Lovelynife:
There is a bulletin to the effect to consider those having issue with O/level during clearance after paying acceptance fee
Alright. Thanks very much. I hope this school will tow same Line cos I'm worried and have put in so much into this project.
Re: Kindly Advise: Can I Appeal This Decision By This School by cresteddad: 7:59pm On Mar 16, 2019
Still hoping for more suggestions

(1) (Reply)

What Universities Abroad Are The Cheapest To Study / Get All Educational Assistance From Assignment Help Pakistan / Stephen's Death: UNILAG Commiserates With The Family Of The stabbed Doctor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.