Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,247 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

How Pius Adesanmi's Mother Had Her Canadian Visa Stamped In Her House In Kwara. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Pius Adesanmi's Mother Had Her Canadian Visa Stamped In Her House In Kwara. (56420 Views)

Pius Adesanmi's Wife Tells To Daughter About His Death Via Ethiopian Plane Crash / Ethiopian Airlines Crash: Pius Adesanmi's Last Facebook Post & Scary Tweet / Professor Pius Adesanmi Dies In Ethiopia Airlines Plane Crash - John O. Oba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: How Pius Adesanmi's Mother Had Her Canadian Visa Stamped In Her House In Kwara. by SixSigma1(m): 6:43pm On Mar 17, 2019
sonofElElyon:
You dont know that visa,rejection means visa denials So stupid! Did they apologise or not you fool? You made it sound like they never apologise. The circumstances under which the Prof's mum was denied a visa clearly was unjustified especially since he is a citizen of Canada you slowpoke! How can a citizen who is responsible and very comfortable be denied a visit from his mum? Not just a regular citizen but someone considered worthy enough to be granted citizenship though not Canadian born and who has contributed immensely to the country?
Point has been made that Canada does apologise in matters of visa issues, whether denial or cancellation/revocation .
Fool!

If you obtain your PR (Permanent Residency) legally, becoming a Canadian Citizen is easy and it is not a big deal as long as you have not committed any crime. The requirements you have to meet to become a Canadian citizen are:

1. Provide proof that you know how to speak and write in 1 of Canada's official languages (either English or French)
2. Be a Permanent Resident (PR)
3. Have lived in Canada as a PR for at least 1,095 days out of the 5 years before you apply.

So, as you can see there is nothing special about these requirements and you don't need to be a genius to meet them.

sonofElElyon:
Gutter language from gutter mind ignored!
The fool did not read my post that visa can be denied only for justifiable reason!
Visa granted eventually and picture proof posted to show that they reversed their decision without a fourth application..
Naturalised Canadian not inferior to citizen by birth except maybe when contesting for the highest offices.
Family is cherished in Canada and no CITIZEN will be presented from having a visit from family except in extreme circumstances. They don't treat their citizens like trash the way you do here.

All Canadian citizens (either by birth or naturalized) have the same rights. Any Canadian citizen (either by birth or naturalized) can contest for the highest offices (including the Prime Minister office). Canada is not the US where you have to be born there to become a President.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Pius Adesanmi's Mother Had Her Canadian Visa Stamped In Her House In Kwara. by SixSigma1(m): 6:52pm On Mar 17, 2019
sonofElElyon:
Okay, in a nutshell you don't think Prof Adesanmi is important. Noted. I disagree. We have agreed to disagree.

You see, you are missing my point. I am not saying he is important or he is not important as I am not in the position to say so. My point is you can not be using something (like taking pictures with the Prime Minister, becoming a Canadian Citizen etc) that is easy for anybody to achieve to prove that he is important. Doing so is actually insulting his achievements that you are trying to show. Hope you get it now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Pius Adesanmi's Mother Had Her Canadian Visa Stamped In Her House In Kwara. by sonofElElyon: 7:56pm On Mar 17, 2019
I got it from the start actually and your point is duly noted. Just that the pic was just one out of the other observations. "Important" to me means achievements in his field which brought him recognition internationally such as the penguin prize and Canada Bureau of International Education Leadership Award in 2017. He has also been a Fellow of the French Institute for Research in Africa (IFRA) from 1993 to 1997, and a Fellow of the French Institute of South Africa (IFAS) in 1998 and 2000. The late Professor also had a love for the French Language that he created characters in French. He made his mark in his field.

SixSigma1:

You see, you are missing my point. I am not saying he is important or he is not important as I am not in the position to say so. My point is you can not be using something (like taking pictures with the Prime Minister, becoming a Canadian Citizen etc) that is easy for anybody to achieve to prove that he is important. Doing so is actually insulting his achievements that you are trying to show. Hope you get it now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rice Trailer Crashes Into Market In Akungba, Ondo, Over 10 Feared Dead (GRAPHIC) / Some Tips About Living In Uk / Kenyan Says Nigerians Are Operating Like Chinese And Taking Over African Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.