Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today (13495 Views)

If You Were To Die Today, Will You Make Heaven? / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by lomprico(m): 10:18am On Mar 17, 2019
Mountain of Fire una dey hear?
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by tunjijones(m): 10:23am On Mar 17, 2019
lenghtinny:
Nonsense doctrine.....

You don't play calm with a violent opposition.... Someone is out to destroy you and you claim it's not right for you to attack when attack is the best form of defense...

Kill them before they kill you fam.... If not that Murder is a criminal offense, there are some people whom I wouldn't mind blasting their head off with a shotgun at close range angry

And there are some pple too who wldnt mind blasting ur head with shot gun. Don't you knw u are also enemy to some pple?

A cleaner in my office was always coming late. Wen this persisted o had no choice but to report her to the cleaning company and they sacked her. The girl took me as her enemy and started going to church to pray that I die. Lol

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Foodforthought: 10:26am On Mar 17, 2019
chiommy123:
Op I used to think like you until they opened my eyes. You don't know what they do with peoples destiny these days.
Most people that have OP's view have not really seen what human wickedness is like. An ailing widow lost her son recently. Her only son...who's been feeding her and paying her bills. How will this woman now cope? The OP has not seen wickedness.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Foodforthought: 10:28am On Mar 17, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Follow this Writer at your own risk. Every man knows his battle and the weight of his burden. He who enters a battlefield with smiles and laughter should never complain of the seriousness of his enemies. No one enters a battle with the intention to give a speech, it is a place of weapons and deadly confrontation. It is either you stop them or they stop you.

Many believers have been cut short in life, returning back to God without the fulfillment of their purpose because they slipped before their enemies. You must understand the mindset of an enemy and know that your enemy does not wish to sit on a peace table with you neither does he want to wait and see the manifestation of your purpose. He is not patient and his aim is to destroy you.

Don't allow this modern warfare preachers decieve you with their mushroom approach to spiritual warfare. Don't be overly focused on the potential of your enemies but on your own powerful strike abilities. With that, you will live a normal and friendly life with people in the open but a dangerous man of prayer in the secret.

Richdad
Wisdom is rare. This, here is wisdom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Onistephen2(m): 11:06am On Mar 17, 2019
Take it or leave it, anything other than what the OP posted is not Bible. Bible is not what you interpret to give you what you want to hear but rather what God is saying.

As great as Elijah and Elisha were, they were never God's standard but Jesus. On how many instances have you seen Jesus (who is our standard, the express image of God Hebrews 1:3) prayed such prayers

You think to kill your enemies is easier and faster for God than to make them repent.

Do not be received, anyone who does wickedness, who hates his brother (that is your enemy) commits sin and is not of God. 1 John 3:5-10. When you pray and they die on the account of your prayer, you have simply sent them to hell. Let me ask, how many people have you brought to the kingdom of God?

One question I know is in your mind now is what if you don't kill them and they kill you. Your unbelief and your ways that are not pure before God will not allow you believe that God has capacity to keep you safe from enemies.

Have you not read that if a man's way is pure before God, He will make his enemies to be at peace with him
Prov. 16:7, 1 Chronicles 22:9

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by unstoppable51(m): 11:20am On Mar 17, 2019
Onistephen2:
Take it or leave it, anything other than what the OP posted is not Bible. Bible is not what you interpret to give you what you want to hear but rather what God is saying.

As great as Elijah and Elisha were, they were never God's standard but Jesus. On how many instances have you seen Jesus (who is our standard, the express image of God Hebrews 1:3) prayed such prayers

You think to kill your enemies is easier and faster for God than to make them repent.
Great wisdom! God has blessed you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by ABOVEDELAW: 12:03pm On Mar 17, 2019
THE SAME GOES TO YOU FOR THE PEOPLE YOU'VE HURT!
lionness:
My enemies MUsT die!!!!!
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by efficiencie(m): 12:08pm On Mar 17, 2019
...tales by moonlight...you never suffer! When humans who have sold their soul to the devil deal with you squarely you will see sand and call it food, you will see rag and call it designer shirt...without any preaching from anyone you will start praying: Psalm 7: 6 Arise, O LORD, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that thou has commanded. Even Jesus said in Luke 18:7 And shall not GOD avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto hum, though he bear long with them? ...why are they crying day and night? Why must GOD avenge them? Dey dia they form western Christianity. This is Africa where your forefathers were into all manner of evil and you by birth inherited the balance sheet of their lives! Even Paul, vexed by those who were trying to ruin his labor among the Galatians, said in Galatians 5:12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you ...even Paul understands that there are people who are emissaries of hell who though alive on earth are actively fighting for the kingdom of hell and trying to ruin the gospel among the Galatians and he said he preferred that these satanic people be cut off... is that a soft language? Only children who know nothing about spiritual warfare declare that warfare against unrepentant human allies of satan is ungodly! Dey dia your village people go soon test run their latest machine ontop ya head!

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by lenghtinny(m): 12:08pm On Mar 17, 2019
tunjijones:

And there are some pple too who wldnt mind blasting ur head with shot gun. Don't you knw u are also enemy to some pple?

A cleaner in my office was always coming late. Wen this persisted o had no choice but to report her to the cleaning company and they sacked her. The girl took me as her enemy and started going to church to pray that I die. Lol
That's the more reason you should kill them before they kill you..... It's a dog eat dog world fam, don't be lenient with nobody especially when the spiritual realm is involved...

Besides the people I'm talking about are way above your example cause you don't know much about that statement...
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by awoluyi(m): 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2019
lionness:
My enemies MUsT die!!!!!

Just like those who see you as their enemy are praying that you should die. There was a time i asked a friend to give me the names of two of his enemies. His response was that he did not know them but that they were just there. From common sense it's only the living things that are subject to death. Therefore the perceived enemies some people wish "must die" are unknown (imaginary) human beings. Many at times out of ignorance we fail to appreciate the fact that God is using an "enemy" to redirect our footsteps to our destiny. Refer to story of Joseph and evil devices of his brothers, Joseph's experience with the King's wife, Goliath and David; Moses' encounter with God after running away from enemies he thought would kill him. Many people are the enemies to themselves! How? Because they attribute everything happening in their lives to external forces. This also is caused by too much belief in superstition. Assuming there are enemies( human beings in this case) working against us, we are taught to pray for them as vengeance belongs to God. God's vengeance is as sure as the eternal law of sowing and reaping. For spiritual enemies (unseen forces responsible for commission of sins); only prayers for repentance and resistive exercises can deal with them and not "must die" violent prayers.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by drmikeadams(m): 12:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
poseidon12:

How are you sure the so called 'fall down and die' prayers have been working for some people? If it has been working, Nigeria's population would not be in the millions.
no mind them,Monday morning person dey church dey shout enemy fall and die meanwhile e no get job...many lazy Nigerians hide undee church grin if there fall n die prayer dey work politicians for don die finish grin grin. In felas voice. ..my people RE useless;my people RE senseless;my people RE indiscipline grin
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by efficiencie(m): 12:50pm On Mar 17, 2019
No one in his right mind just prays for someone to die simply because they got offended. Will I pray for my mother to die simply because she offended me in a certain way? No. But when the offender has sworn that as long as he or she is alive he or she will make sure you never live to be what GOD has purposed you to be then you do not just have an offender to contend with you have an adversary to deal with...in this case, there can only be one person standing. It's either going to be you or the adversary...so you could choose to be wasted before your time or you could choose to fight, spiritually, and vanquish your adversary! Paul was preaching to a King and one Elymas, a sorcerer, was hindering the gospel from reaching the King, Baba Paul dash the guy blindness immediately, no time! Acts 13: 8-11. A careful study of that verse will show that Elymas was not just an offender, he was child of the devil and an enemy of all righteousness... this kind of enemy will waste you if you do not waste them.
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 17, 2019
I think this is quite insightful but the part of the lord's prayer that says 'forgive us as we forgive those that trespass against us' was not included in your post.We say this prayer so often that it has become banal.We want to be forgiven by God but we lack the power to forgive.I understand where the comments about jungle justice has come from but . then again a criminal is subject to the national or state penal codes.Anyone that actively participates or even a spectator(accomplice) is subject to be judged under the penal code as a criminal or an accomplice.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:55pm On Mar 17, 2019
efficiencie:
...tales by moonlight...you never suffer! When humans who have sold their soul to the devil deal with you squarely you will see sand and call it food, you will see rag and call it designer shirt...without any preaching from anyone you will start praying: Psalm 7: 6 Arise, O LORD, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that thou has commanded. Even Jesus said in Luke 18:7 And shall not GOD avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto hum, though he bear long with them? ...why are they crying day and night? Why must GOD avenge them? Dey dia they form western Christianity. This is Africa where your forefathers were into all manner of evil and you by birth inherited the balance sheet of their lives! Even Paul, vexed by those who were trying to ruin his labor among the Galatians, said in Galatians 5:12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you ...even Paul understands that there are people who are emissaries of hell who though alive on earth are actively fighting for the kingdom of hell and trying to ruin the gospel among the Galatians and he said he preferred that these satanic people be cut off... is that a soft language? Only children who know nothing about spiritual warfare declare that warfare against unrepentant human allies of satan is ungodly! Dey dia your village people go soon test run their latest machine ontop ya head!

nothing to add or detract... gbam... you nailed it... what happened to Herod, Pharaoh, Goliath, Nebuchadnezzar etc... What happened to the enemies of Daniel, to the enemies of Mordecai and Esther.. dude God avenge them all.. yours is to pray and God is to give them the appropriate judgement for what level they have gone spiritually.. Didn't 40 man vow that they will never eat nor drink till they kill Paul? or is it the not same Paul that decreed for Simon Bar Jesus to go blind for been an enemy of the gospel ? I can't say all now. but as my Bible said... pray without ceasing... just pray and let God decides the right judgement . there are some people that will not die, but will be used to lift you up, some may be blind ,lame, sick or bedridden.. some may come back to there senses and ask for forgiveness but I pray may it not be too late when an enemy come to ask for forgiveness when they may have destroyed a lot of things... John 10:10a... The thief came not but to steal, kill and destroy...

shalom
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by eboigbedavid1(m): 1:19pm On Mar 17, 2019
pray to God the way u like to.. there is no manual for praying to God... if u blive in violent prayers and it works for you, continue in Dat path but if u believe in praying calmly and it works for you, continue in dat path..... because you don't pray d way I pray doesn't mean that I'm praying wrongly or God won't answer my prayer... let's not cause unnecessary argument
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by efficiencie(m): 1:19pm On Mar 17, 2019
orbitalgis:
I think this is quite insightful but the part of the lord's prayer that says 'forgive us as we forgive those that trespass against us' was not included in your post.We say this prayer so often that it has become banal.We want to be forgiven by God but we lack the power to forgive.I understand where the comments about jungle justice has come from but . then again a criminal is subject to the national or state penal codes.Anyone that actively participates or even a spectator(accomplice) is subject to be judged under the penal code as a criminal or an accomplice.

Can GOD forgive someone who never asked for forgiveness? It is written in 1John1:9 if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Meaning GOD's forgiveness will only come when you have confessed your sin and desire to be cleansed. What if the person says hey, GOD, keep your forgiveness I don't need it and I don't need your cleansing will GOD still forgive such a soul? So also if your offender does not desire your forgiveness but wants to see you destroyed in this life and banished to hell for all eternity will it not be MONUMENTAL STUPIDITY to claim to forgive such a person...a person who has declared that he or she does not need your forgiveness but your total destruction... We had better wise up! Even people of the world know that when a person is out to kill you, your only option is to stop that person before that person kills you but some children of light can be so WONDERFULLY STUPID that they will wait for the enemy to kill them, prevent them from fulfilling destiny then return to GOD and start asking GOD why!

No wonder Jesus himself said in Luke 16:8 ...the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by opparadise: 1:26pm On Mar 17, 2019
lionness:
My enemies MUsT die!!!!!
You are also their enemy and they pray you die too, that conversely means, both of you will die and live the earth for me!

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by opparadise: 1:37pm On Mar 17, 2019
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:39pm On Mar 17, 2019
Truefaith:
Thanks to the person who posted this.

But the issue is a little deeper than the analysis presented here.

It is not African or Nigerian: it is human, world-wide.

One of the clearest tell-tale signs that a man is not born again is that he demands retribution on those that offend him.

The story in Matthew 18:21-35 makes this very plain.

For the benefit of those who are not familiar with the Bible here it is:

Until a man grasps the depth and gravity of the consequences of his own sins against God, he does not see the smallness of the sins of his fellowmen against him.

Everyone praying for the death or destruction of those that offend him HAS NOT KNOWN GOD

All so-called 'Churches' preaching such doctrines have no connections whatsoever to the Lord Jesus Christ.

https://www.thetruechristianfaith.com/2016/09/11/the-mountain-of-fire-and-miracles-the-sermon-from-the-serpent/

I absolutely agree with you on this. They don't know God, neither do they believe in him. Instead they have believe a lie that their so called enemy is strong enough to kill them. They are many in this thread, by their comments you shall know them.

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by sacx: 2:33pm On Mar 17, 2019
chiommy123:
Op I used to think like you until they opened my eyes. You don't know what they do with peoples destiny these days.

If any man is in Christ, he is a new creature. Who can take or manipulate your destiny when you have it hidden in Christ? You declare, my life is hid with Christ in God, but you don't trust him enought to keep your destiny. Do we really believe in Jesus?

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by tunjijones(m): 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
lenghtinny:

That's the more reason you should kill them before they kill you..... It's a dog eat dog world fam, don't be lenient with nobody especially when the spiritual realm is involved...

Besides the people I'm talking about are way above your example cause you don't know much about that statement...

Dude God is not a killer. Those prayers don't get ansas

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by nanzozo(m): 2:44pm On Mar 17, 2019
unstoppable51:
From FeedMeJesus.com

A common practice in so many Nigerian and African churches in general, is the prayer of “my enemies fall and die!”

In case you are not familiar with this sort of prayer probably because you are reading this from outside the continent, “fall and die” prayers actually has to do with the “sending of Holy Ghost fire, earthquakes, thunder, rainfall etc to kill and destroy one’s enemies (mostly witches and wizards) and evil spirits.”

The prayer is often targeted at “wicked” uncles, aunts, neighbours, colleagues, mothers, fathers, herbalists, old men and women in villages who does not take pleasure in seeing other people succeed in life.

Sometimes it is also targeted at politicians, leaders and even business people who oppose the spread of the Gospel and “exchange people’s destinies” for money.

This type of prayer is seriously backed up with the belief that there are people who must die before you can ever be successful in life and so you need to pray for this to happen as soon as possible with all your strength. Like a wounded Lion, you must be very violent when praying these fall and die prayers.

The shocking thing is, the two most popular scriptures proponents of such prayers always put their feet on has little or nothing to do with their usage today. The first is Matt.11:12.

(Mat 11:12) And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

Is this verse asking you to be violent in prayer and take your destiny by force? Well to understand what it is saying, let us read it from another translation.

From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it. Matt.11:12 NIV

The verse is simply saying from the time John the Baptist started preaching the kingdom of God has been forcefully advancing on the earth as men has by faith been taking hold of it. It has nothing to do with prayers, let alone violent ones.

The other scripture used to promote these “fall and die” prayers is the passage that describes how Elijah killed King Ahaziah’s soldiers by commanding physical fire to come out from nowhere and consume them.

(2Ki 1:9) Then the king sent to him a captain of fifty with his fifty men; and he went up to him where he was seated on the top of a hill, and said to him, O man of God, the king has said, Come down.

(2Ki 1:10) And Elijah in answer said to the captain of fifty, If I am a man of God, may fire come down from heaven on you and on your fifty men, and put an end to you. Then fire came down from heaven and put an end to him and his fifty men.

(2Ki 1:11) Then the king sent another captain of fifty with his fifty men; and he said to Elijah, O man of God, the king says, Come down quickly.

(2Ki 1:12) And Elijah in answer said, If I am a man of God, may fire come down from heaven on you and on your fifty men, and put an end to you. And the fire of God came down from heaven, and put an end to him and his fifty men.

What most people do not know is that although fire actually appeared and destroyed those soldiers, it wasn’t God’s best. God was never pleased with it. He is never pleased with the death of the wicked.

(Eze 18:23) Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

(Eze 18:32) For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Under the dispensation that Elijah lived in, the knowledge of God and His modules operandi was very very limited. So folks in those days said and did things according to their level of knowledge that were contrary to what God would have them do.

This was part of the reason God became flesh in His Son Jesus to give us a perfect representation of His true nature, will and character. Ending an era of attributing evil, death and destruction to Him. This is so clear in that in the face of the strongest opposition Jesus never killed but healed and restored life to His enemies.

(Heb 1:1) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

(Heb 1:2) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

(Heb 1:3) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

So in Christ’s dealing with man, we see the true nature of God. In His words, Jesus puts it this way.

(Joh 10:10) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Just a little while after those words, He set out with His disciples to Jerusalem for a preaching engagement and the Samaritans would not allow Him pass through their city because they were not at peace with the Jews.

When His disciple saw what was happening, they got so upset they wanted to call down fire to consume the Samaritans who were their enemies and enemies of the Gospel at that moment. But what did Jesus do? Let’s see it together from the scriptures.

(Luk 9:51) And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,

(Luk 9:52) And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.

(Luk 9:53) And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.

(Luk 9:54) And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

(Luk 9:55) But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

(Luk 9:56) For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Verse 55 said Jesus REBUKED them for even having that thought alone. The word “rebuked” in that verse is not like when you softly tell your son, “Son don’t do this again.” No, it’s a very strong word. It is used almost the same way it is used to say Jesus rebuked demons. Very strongly.

He was very serious about them not imitating Elijah in this manner at all. And in verse 56 we see His reasons clearly.

(Luk 9:56) For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them….

In praying for those in authority and for all men in general, Paul gives us a guideline.

(1Ti 2:1) I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

(1Ti 2:2) For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

(1Ti 2:3) For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

(1Ti 2:4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

God would have all men (including your village people. LOL) to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the Truth. He doesn’t want anyone perishing.

Some say it is not the human beings they are praying to die but the evil spirits behind their wickedness. Like seriously? Spirits don’t die! Even if they do, it is not within your authority biblically to kill them. Only God can and that’s why He made Hell, their place of eternal death.

The Bible said believers should cast them out, not kill them in the name of Jesus.

(Mar 16:17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Be humble and remain within the confines of the scriptures and stop making Christianity look like a joke with those extra Biblical practices or those not permitted for the man in Christ today.

I hope this blesses you.

Glory to God!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/03/fall-and-die-prayers.html

Mountain of fire� over to You.
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by sacx: 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2019
mrkings84:
Oga OP I respect ur views in as much as they are scriptural. But i don't total agree with u cos these so witches and wizards do really exist most especially in Africa.

Let me ask u a simple question. If these witches lay hold on ur destiny, business, health, marriage, family etc and totally destroy them, and u know if u pray that they fall down and die that they will let u be, won't u pray it??

Anyway, the same Bible says in
Exodus 22:18, Suffer not a witch to live.
Basecon ur understanding u can pet them till they destroy u, but

As for me, anyone, (witches or wizards), spiritual wickedness in high places, or even any wicked politician making life difficult for me, or that's trying to terminate my destiny must face the music squarely.

They must fall down and die in Jesus name, Amen.

There were witches, wizards and occultic men while Jesus walked the earth. Why didn't they lay hold on his business, health, finance, etc?

Two reasons:

- Because they knew what he carried in him (divinity)
- Because they knew Jesus knew what he carried

Lack of knowledge of who we are is why the enemy keeps harassing us.

And if you are going to ask me if we are Jesus, then I'm afraid you don't fully understand this gospel. We are one with divinity. We are Gods.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by unstoppable51(m): 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2019
sacx:

If any man is in Christ, he is a new creature. Who can take or manipulate your destiny when you have it hidden in Christ? You declare, my life is hid with Christ in God, but you don't trust him enought to keep your destiny. Do we really believe in Jesus?
Beautiful

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by elated177: 4:47pm On Mar 17, 2019
Having read so many nice comments on this issue, let me put down my opinion.

This is not aimed or target at any individual, group of individuals or business centre(oh I mean "church"wink.

Here is my take.

One must understand that most of the people who say every enemy should "die by fire", are themselves witches. Yes, most - if not all, except the ignorant ones - who pray "die by fire" for every enemy, practise witchcraft or are unconscious agents of witches or are puppets of the kingdom of wickedness or have gone to Satan for protection from witchcraft. They are usually full of envy and wickedness and are "soullish", if such a word exists. The common denominator is that their lives are usually full of every form sin and wickedness. This kind of prayer appeals to the wickedness in the hearts of "unregenerated" people. This is why it thrives in our society today.

A saint of the Father in heaven, YaHVeH El Shaddai, should never pray "die by fire". The saint of YaHVeH of Hosts shouldn't depend on prayer points, especially those written by others. A servant and follower of Yahushua the Messiah is led by the Spirit of the Father in heaven and always knows what to ask for, when he/she kneels before the Father. However, in situations where such saint does not know, the Spirit of truth in him/her will intercede for him or her.
In fact, it is even the intercession of the Spirit that keeps the saint going.

The Father in heaven has said he will not acquit the guilty. Exodus 23:7.

It, therefore, means that he will not condemn the innocent.

Every saint of the Messiah will see through the deception of the enemies around him/her - when they multiply kisses and smiles and still harbour envy and wickedness. With such knowledge, he or she will know how to relate with them.

A saint of the Father in heaven will obey this; "do to others as you will have them do to you". Matt 7:12.

He or she knows that; "whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Matt 18:18.

Now, with the above Scriptures in the heart of the saint, he or she will be fair in his or her dealings with others and, by that very fact, knows when to call down the Sword of judgment of YaHVeH El Shaddai on an individual or group of individuals. Deut 32:39-43.

When he/she does this, it is the Father in heaven, YaHVeH El Shaddai, that knows how, when and to what extent he will execute judgment.

There are different types of enemies, just as there are different classes of people under the influence of demons. For the purpose of this issue, let me call them class one and class two.

Let us see them:

Class one: People whose souls have been taken over by evil spirits -whether you call them marine(water) spirits, terrestrial spirits, atmospheric spirits or whatever. They are the mad or mentally sick people.

Class two: People who have consciously and willingly yielded their souls to the evil spirits for the purpose of spiritual power (witchcraft). These are the ones who carry out Satan's evil activities in the world. These ones know full well what they are doing. They're are the ones the kingdom of darkness uses to attack the righteous walk of the saints. They are under the curse of the Creator of heaven and earth.

The first class of people should be prayed for and the demon cast out, if the saint is led to do so.

However, it is the second class that the saint is advised to call down the Sword of judgment of the Father in heaven upon, whenever and wherever the saint encounters them, whether family, residence, workplace, shop, market, etc. They are already under YaHVeH's curse and calling down his Sword of judgment on them is just affirming his word.

If your enemy falls into the second class of demon-influenced people described above, then you must know that he/she does not know what repentance or forgiveness means. The idea of repentance or forgiveness such an enemy knows is for you to allow him or her destroy your righteous walk. The saint of Yahushua the Messiah has only one option and that is to call down the Sword of judgment of YaHVeH El Shaddai upon such enemy. It is pertinent to note that the people in this class ascend in their evil group or coven by ruining lives. Since no plan of Yahveh can be thwarted, every enemy of his saint who fights against the righteous walk of such saint - in any way, shape or form - will fail woefully and suffer intensely for even attempting. Job 42:2; Isaiah 43:13; 2 Cor 10:4-5.

The saint must know that, as a servant of YaHVeH El Shaddai, he or she has infinite powers to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant. Jer 1:10.

This power flows from the Father to the saint.

To the saint; remain pure, abstain from sexual immorality. Your Master, the Advocate, Yahushua the Messiah is speaking on your behalf. The enemies know better than to tamper with your purpose here on earth.

This Light cannot be quenched.
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by jimino(m): 5:29pm On Mar 17, 2019
God bless the OP. It is those people with little faith that pray that there enemies should die. Some pastors makes the issue worse with the kind of teaching given to their congregations. many Christians don't have the time to study their bible but rather rely on everything a pastor preach. may God help us. thank you OP

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Boyooosa(m): 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2019
Psalm 143:12 New International Version (NIV)

12 In your unfailing love, silence my enemies;
destroy all my foes,
for I am your servant
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by salt1: 9:11pm On Mar 17, 2019
Reference:

This is an example of what I am saying.

The Righteous believer knows who his antagonist is and how he should be handled because he understands the Word which makes it clear. '...your adversary, the Devil... 1Peter 5:8.

The Righteous believer knows how to handle his antagonist the Devil because he understands the Word which makes it clear. '...resist him by STANDING in the faith... 1Peter 5:9.

The Righteous believer know how to avoid getting into a position of endless battles against the Devil his adversary because he understands the Word which makes it clear '.... be sober and vigilant.... 1 Peter 5:8 or in plain english it means to be 'clear headed' and 'attentive'.

Now, the last person who will be clear headed is one who is confused by smoke and mirrors, by deception and simulation. The last person who will be clear headed is one who the Devil has distracted to think he has multiple enemies instead of just ONE ADVERSARY, he himself.

When I was in the military one of the basic lessons of Infantry Field Craft was deception. A section or platoon engaging the enemy must do everything to ensure it appears bigger, more numerous and have superior fire power than it actually has while remaining invidible, well camouflaged in reality. Appearance deception, noise deception, etc was standard military doctrine and training. The purpose is to distract, degrade and demoralise the enemy into putting up confused, random and insignificant resistance. To maje them talk and worry, fret and flee instead of fight.

If the Devil can convince you of some perceived enemy out there and makes you believe they are numerous, powerful and a threat to your life he will have succeeded in occupying your thought process and rendering you unable to engage he himself. An army that has no intelligence unit to know the strengths and weaknesses, the capacity and capability of its adversary is bound to be defeated.

Know your Bible by yourself. Stop listening to your prophet or ignorant pastor who tells you you have multiple, unknown, random enemies out there. There is only ONE ENEMY and you know him. Go after him. If you are fighting an unknown entity you will waste your ammunition and tire out.

Christianity is a knowledge based religion. Nothing is ultimately hidden to those who will study and understand. Stop being deceived. No humanoid is your enemy in Christ.

This analogy is so rich.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Iammelvin(m): 12:15am On Mar 18, 2019
Unconquerable:
Happy Birthday.
Thank you
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by salt1: 5:50am On Mar 18, 2019
lenghtinny:
Nonsense doctrine.....

You don't play calm with a violent opposition.... Someone is out to destroy you and you claim it's not right for you to attack when attack is the best form of defense...

Kill them before they kill you fam.... If not that Murder is a criminal offense, there are some people whom I wouldn't mind blasting their head off with a shotgun at close range angry

I wonder if this is the Christianity that Jesus gave His life for. The One Who taught that He that hates His brother is a murderer is now followed by members who won't mind blasting people's heads off with a shotgun. How are you different from Boko Haram?
The way to heaven is still very far. The law of heaven is the law of love. No murderer will enter there. Ultimately, we are accountable for what we choose to believe, but many are called, but few are chosen. Let's believe the things that will qualify us for heaven at last.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 18, 2019
The kingdom of heaven suffereth violence and the violent taketh it by force.

My people perish for lack of knowledge.

The above are from biblical scriptures.

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Ephesians 6:10‭-‬13 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/eph.6.10-13.KJV

OP and others, you can clearly see the above scriptures weren't written for jokes... various categories of evil to deal with are described in Ephesians... You all continue playing.

I'm not here to convince anyone of jack but to use same scriptures to make you aware you play with fire when you think your enemies are human and that you should pray to God to deal with them.

Good to pattern your lives after Christ but comparing yourselves to Christ regarding how he cast out demons is a joke. He wasn't just man on earth, He was also God and He still is God, even the so called devils know this and trembled at his presence but you Sir op and supporters, who knows you?

However to operate like Christ, then you must key in to scripture which says: I have given you the authority to trample upon serpents and scorpions and over every power of the enemy and nothing shall by aby means harm you. And to even do this, you must have the whole armour of God on, all still boils down to spiritual warfare.

Oh that your eyes may be open so you see some of the things you pray against, my friend your mindset will be rewired. These same prayers you now condemn no one will advice you to seek them out but rather u will advice yourself.

Finally...
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
2 Corinthians 10:3‭-‬5 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/2co.10.3-5.KJV

He that hath an ear, let him hear. You can continue believing what you want as you want it but please don't mislead others cos some unsure ones are already concurring...

Shallom.
Re: Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today by lenghtinny(m): 11:01am On Mar 18, 2019
tunjijones:

Dude God is not a killer. Those prayers don't get ansas
But the deeds of the wicked ones work right....

Mr. man even the Bible didn't deny the existence of powers and principalities.... Maybe your own prayers doesnt get answered but mine does...

Darkness cannot overcome light

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benson Idahosa's 78th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Pastor Keion Warns Nigerians To Stop Being Americanised / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.