Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) (68841 Views)

Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) / Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) / Airport Workers Push Passenger Plane In Nigeria (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by mechanics(m): 3:43pm On Mar 17, 2019
It's a trying time for Boeing.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by olumide4christ: 4:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
ednut1:
How hard is it to create an ejection mechanism in the planes for the cabin area

Very simple - successful ejection by parachute or any other means requires serious training that will take days and weeks. Will commercial airlines be able to train every passenger on their aircraft on how to successfully jump out of an aircraft, open the parachute & successful land on earth, before every flight??!! How feasible is that?
In addition, like someone else has said, people could be sucked into the engines if they eject from the aircraft close to the engines. Also, fear and shock of being out in the air at thousands of feet above sea level can kill some people before they reach the ground.
Summary - ejection not feasible for commercial aircraft, only feasible for military aircraft!
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Siralgebra04(m): 4:06pm On Mar 17, 2019
phunkypalace:

If you say so, so be it. Who am I to argue with you if you are not into aviation. Because if you are, you won't even say this. Please check my other comment as to why it is not possible yet.

The major reason why I said flying would be expensive is because if parachutes are to be embedded in an aircraft, the weight has to be considered then the number of passengers an aircraft can carry at once has to be reduced because of the weight. Say if a flight ticket cost approximately 190k from Lagos To Dubai with an Aicraft that has a capacity of over 400 passengers, then how much would the ticket be if the airline has to fly an aircraft with just 100 passengers (because each passenger must have a reserved parachute and the weight has to be balanced) from Lagos to Dubai?

Won't the airlines make profits?
How much do you think Aviation fuel cost?
How much do you think workers in an Airline are being paid?
How much do you think airlines pay to make sure a single aircraft is air worthy?
How much do you think they pay airports when the aircrafts are on ground?
How much do you think airlines pay for the airspace they pass through during flights?

If you can answer all these questions, I'm ready to debate with you. Thanks.

However, d cost is not d issue. The same parachutes will b in d plane in every flight. I didn't say parachutes should b replaced for every flight. The parachute can b in d plane for years without use, so I dont think there is a problem as per cost.
U also said weight has to be considered. Yeah, parachutes can't be embedded to already made planes but we are contemplating if aircraft producers can put all hose parameters into consideration and build special planes that can house parachutes.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Siralgebra04(m): 4:07pm On Mar 17, 2019
phunkypalace:

If you say so, so be it. Who am I to argue with you if you are not into aviation. Because if you are, you won't even say this. Please check my other comment as to why it is not possible yet.

The major reason why I said flying would be expensive is because if parachutes are to be embedded in an aircraft, the weight has to be considered then the number of passengers an aircraft can carry at once has to be reduced because of the weight. Say if a flight ticket cost approximately 190k from Lagos To Dubai with an Aicraft that has a capacity of over 400 passengers, then how much would the ticket be if the airline has to fly an aircraft with just 100 passengers (because each passenger must have a reserved parachute and the weight has to be balanced) from Lagos to Dubai?

How much do you think airlines pay to make sure a single aircraft is air worthy?
How much do you think airlines pay for the airspace they pass through during flights?

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by virgintoto(m): 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2019
MajorJeffery:
I heard 777 is the most rugged of all Boeing planes.
Bam
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by InvertedHammer: 4:11pm On Mar 17, 2019
/
Until two years flight record, I ain't getting in.

No be so manufacturers celebrated Titanic, Boeing 737 Max series and Supersonic Concord.

grin grin
/
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by gonkin(m): 4:17pm On Mar 17, 2019
phunkypalace:

Lol...even parachutes cannot be used above 10,000ft. So if an aircraft is maneuvering over in the air at any altitude above 10,000ft...you can't even use the parachute because it is instant death on it's own LOl.

U wanna jump out a plane at 30000 feet?
That's why there's a raft that drops down and deploys the parachute at the recommended altitude
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Dottore: 4:18pm On Mar 17, 2019
Offpoint1:
A year after it's in the market one will crash, that's the sacrifice they'll make to appease the aliens behind invention.

Like it or not, there's no technology made that won't claim human life, even as harmless as your smartphone. Blood sacrifice must be made to appease the demon.
Your post would have been reasonable and interesting if you had cited examples.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by NEIGHBOUR(m): 4:22pm On Mar 17, 2019
@phunkypalace, you must be an Aviation Lecturer!! You made it so simple with your analysis! I enjoyed ur analysis. God bless you. Pls why is it that it is nearly impossible to find major human parts at crash scenes.? 147 people perished without retrieving major human bodies. It is terrible.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Jakumo(m): 4:30pm On Mar 17, 2019
NEIGHBOUR:

@phunkypalace, you must be an Aviation Lecturer!! You made it so simple with your analysis! I enjoyed ur analysis. God bless you. Pls why is it that it is nearly impossible to find major human parts at crash scenes.? 147 people perished without retrieving major human bodies. It is terrible.

Human bodies get fragmented, ground up and scattered like confetti at the crash scene.

The meat is bagged at the scene, and identified primarily by DNA, since there is nothing much else that is left after impact.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by phunkypalace(m): 4:43pm On Mar 17, 2019
gonkin:

U wanna jump out a plane at 30000 feet?
That's why there's a raft that drops down and deploys the parachute at the recommended altitude

I'm not sure you understand my comment. Please check well.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by RevenGeMission: 4:43pm On Mar 17, 2019
Explorers:
Last year, Boeing released a video and pictures of a 'static' 777X rolling off the production line at the Everett factory.

Boeing claims that the 777X will be the largest and most efficient twin engine jet in the world, with 12 per cent lower fuel consumption and 10 per cent lower operating costs than the competition.

There is also an improvement with range.

The 777X can fly for 16,110km (10,010 miles), compared to the 777's maximum range of 15,800km (9,817miles).

As well as the folding wing-tips, the 235ft wings are the biggest Boeing has ever made, over 30ft longer than the current model's wingspan it also has bigger windows and overhead bins compared to the current 777 and 'advanced LED lighting'.

Deliveries to customers are expected to begin in 2020.

Carriers that have placed orders are British Airways, All Nippon Airways, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Lufthansa, Qatar Airways and Singapore Airlines.

The two versions of the 777X - the 777-8 and 777-9 - cost $360.5million and $388.7million respectively.

Some idiots in Nigeria withdrew $20Bn from CBN for their own selfish gains, some other idiots are angry that the previous idiot is being tried

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by RevenGeMission: 4:47pm On Mar 17, 2019
NEIGHBOUR:

@phunky palace, you must be an Aviation Lecturer!! You made it so simple with your analysis! I enjoyed ur analysis. God bless you. Pls why is it that it is nearly impossible to find major human parts at crash scenes.? 147 people perished without retrieving major human bodies. It is terrible.

The first video of a hiker showed full bodies near the draft IG took it down
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by phunkypalace(m): 4:55pm On Mar 17, 2019
Siralgebra04:

However, d cost is not d issue. The same parachutes will b in d plane in every flight. I didn't say parachutes should b replaced for every flight. The parachute can b in d plane for years without use, so I dont think there is a problem as per cost.
U also said weight has to be considered. Yeah, parachutes can't be embedded to already made planes but we are contemplating if aircraft producers can put all hose parameters into consideration and build special planes that can house parachutes.

Chief, did you see my other comments?......Every aircraft designed works with some laws in physics. Most important is to beat the law of gravity. Yes Aircraft manufacturers can design one, but the total number of passengers such aircraft can convey at once would be drastically reduced. Like I cited an example earlier about the Lagos To Dubai flight. Emirates operate that flight with a Boeing 777 on daily basis with over 380 passengers in that aircraft. But do you know that the 777 can actually carry more than 400?
The reason why Emirates will not carry 400 passengers is not far fetched. The weight is the utmost consideration. They have to consider the total weight of the aircraft which consist of the fuel, passengers, cargo and the OEW.
So if manufactures design an aircraft that can convey both passengers and parachutes, I bet you the maximum number of passengers it will take would be around 150-170 and that is even without cargo and fuel. So tell me Emirates operate a 777 with 380 passenger's for 190k, so how much will they make with an aircraft that will convey just 170 passengers?
They will still pay for the airspace of each country they pass through before the destination, they will pay for Aviation fuel too and all other miscellaneous fees. It will be total loss except they can increase the flight fee to around 1m per passenger for a one way trip. Then they can make their needed profit. So some people will be able to fly but so many people won't be able to make the fee. That is where my definition of flying being expensive comes into play.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by phunkypalace(m): 5:03pm On Mar 17, 2019
NEIGHBOUR:

The major body of an aircraft is made with an hard plastic, that is why it is not advisable to fly an aircraft into turbulence or heavy wind gust. The wind would control it and it can lead to unexpected results. To answer your question, the impact an aircraft which has lost control would make into earth is something unexplainable at times. An aircraft when configured to land should not exceed 900ft/min when descending. If it descend above that, it is an automatic missed approach and the pilot must go around because if he forces the aircraft to land with that rate of descent, only God knows what will happen. So imagine an aircraft descending at 7,800ft/pm.....the impact on ground alone is enough to scatter the whole parts of the aircraft and passengers in it without considering the explosion yet. It is not what anyone would pray for.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 17, 2019
skarlett:
Seriously Boeing should put off unveiling anything that even resembles an aircraft for the next one year at least undecided

Why? We heard of Samsung batteries exploding and yet no one said we should stop buying samsung?

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Deepthoughts: 5:11pm On Mar 17, 2019
planetx:
I think the engine is to give the aircraft lift and the air flowing over the wings is what made it not to fall down.
That's not what I meant,I mean how does the engines make the aircraft to move forward while taxing n when in the skies?.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by bmos(m): 5:38pm On Mar 17, 2019
thoollz:
If this one crash, nobody go survive Am.

So all these crowd surrounding the aircraft are Boeing staff?
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 17, 2019
prince3009:

Why? We heard of Samsung batteries exploding and yet no one said we should stop buying samsung?

I never said people shouldn't patronize Boeing, read and understand before quoting. And even if I did, so Samsung batteries killed hundreds of people abi? undecided
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 17, 2019
ghettochild4u:

The explosion is the major issue

What triggers the explosion?
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Denique(f): 6:12pm On Mar 17, 2019
ClearFlair:

The engines will suck you in if you try to jump

How pls?
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Rubbiish(m): 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
skarlett:
Seriously Boeing should put off unveiling anything that even resembles an aircraft for the next one year at least undecided
Can u please shut up?
Everything we enjoy today experienced a glitch at some point.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Denique(f): 6:41pm On Mar 17, 2019
phunkypalace:

shocked They pay for that too?
Who's the money paid to?
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by XwhY(m): 6:55pm On Mar 17, 2019
I'm expecting improvement in human life safety during plane crash, not this for now.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Lafcity: 7:47pm On Mar 17, 2019
I don't support Naija to buy this! Pple dey die with existing ones, u na com dey produced the one that can kill pass
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Henry22(m): 7:49pm On Mar 17, 2019
And somewhere in Ethiopia people are still mourning the people that same Boeing killed while in Europe they are already celebrating a new flying coffin....... sad
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Henry22(m): 7:51pm On Mar 17, 2019
But the plane looks sexy sha..... grin
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 17, 2019
Rubbiish:

[s]Can u please shut up?
Everything we enjoy today experienced a glitch at some point[/s].

Rubbiish undecided
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by gonkin(m): 9:50pm On Mar 17, 2019
phunkypalace:

I'm not sure you understand my comment. Please check well.

Oh I do. A commercial aircraft can go as high as 30000 ft. So jumping off a plane at that altitude is crazy not to mention the thin nature of oxygen present. So parachute is a no go

2 Likes

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by ghettochild4u(m): 9:20am On Mar 18, 2019
Magnifik18:

What triggers the explosion?
Impact n the fuel
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Oxtertee(m): 10:08am On Mar 18, 2019
Boeing should slow it down, Max 737-800 crash isn't solved yet

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Man & The 2 Ladies He Was Carrying Die In An Accident In Sapele, Delta (Photos / See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) / Truck Moving Damaged Osinbajo's Helicopter Spoilt In Kogi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.