Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) (68845 Views)

Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) / Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) / Airport Workers Push Passenger Plane In Nigeria (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by MyMouth(m): 12:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
If its Boeing, am not going! angry

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by abiaumo(m): 12:02pm On Mar 17, 2019
EbukaHades10:
So, this one no go crash?

Even if em crash i hear say na heaven direct everybody on-board dey go, so no shaking. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by bhella10: 12:02pm On Mar 17, 2019
Offpoint1:
A year after it's in the market one will crash, that's the sacrifice they'll make to appease the aliens behind invention.

Like it or not, there's no technology made that won't claim human life, even as harmless as your smartphone. Blood sacrifice must be made to appease the demon.
I marvel at the level of your simpleton. Wow!

2 Likes

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by mikaael(m): 12:03pm On Mar 17, 2019
tiredoflife:
Why can't planes have parachutes for passengers in case of air accident issues

Its not that easy..do u know in the event of panic..some passengers could inflate theirs inside the plane thereby complicating issues...and in think the cost is to be considered too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by legalwealth(m): 12:05pm On Mar 17, 2019
Explorers:
Last year, Boeing released a video and pictures of a 'static' 777X rolling off the production line at the Everett factory.

Boeing claims that the 777X will be the largest and most efficient twin engine jet in the world, with 12 per cent lower fuel consumption and 10 per cent lower operating costs than the competition.

There is also an improvement with range.

The 777X can fly for 16,110km (10,010 miles), compared to the 777's maximum range of 15,800km (9,817miles).

As well as the folding wing-tips, the 235ft wings are the biggest Boeing has ever made, over 30ft longer than the current model's wingspan it also has bigger windows and overhead bins compared to the current 777 and 'advanced LED lighting'.

Deliveries to customers are expected to begin in 2020.

Carriers that have placed orders are British Airways, All Nippon Airways, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Lufthansa, Qatar Airways and Singapore Airlines.

The two versions of the 777X - the 777-8 and 777-9 - cost $360.5million and $388.7million respectively.

Aje Ooo... Nice one here! !!
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by samsard(m): 12:06pm On Mar 17, 2019
ochiosa:
This people self, Is like they are not satisfied with the no of deaths from the small planes that they are building and unveiling larger ones.
Did car companies stop building larger vehicles coz of accidents in the smaller ones
And this aircraft was already developed and probably fully built by the time the second 777 crashed

2 Likes

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Slynation(m): 12:07pm On Mar 17, 2019
All. this tech but yet no safety measures in case of crash....

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by unite4real: 12:08pm On Mar 17, 2019
tiredoflife:

It's good at least there will be survival chance except one land on a bee hive, or crocodile waters or Lion den.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by TinaG(f): 12:09pm On Mar 17, 2019
Hmmmmm.instead of mourning the people you killed few days ago,you are here talking about a new version of your disaster. It's well o
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by MyMouth(m): 12:10pm On Mar 17, 2019
What I don't understand is why do people hardly survive in a plane crash ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by aniweta12(m): 12:10pm On Mar 17, 2019
Redoil:
When are we going to get second handed ones to buy
Good question
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by shilenji(m): 12:10pm On Mar 17, 2019
they sha want to break record, award for highest number of plane crash casualties

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by samsard(m): 12:14pm On Mar 17, 2019
unite4real:

It's good at least there will be survival chance except one land on a bee hive, or crocodile waters or Lion den.
It's like you guys think of commercial planes as a little object o grin grin

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by twosquare(m): 12:14pm On Mar 17, 2019
MyMouth:
What I don't understand is why do people hardly survive in a plane crash ? undecided
The probability of surviving in a ship mishap is still higher than a plane...something in the air will easily lose control and a free fall. Imagine the pounds of iron, explosion and gboosa for ground..... I believe scientists should invest more in maritime research than this air thing... Ships are still safer than planes IMO....

3 Likes

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by midnighter(f): 12:14pm On Mar 17, 2019
Offpoint1:
A year after it's in the market one will crash, that's the sacrifice they'll make to appease the aliens behind invention.

Like it or not, there's no technology made that won't claim human life, even as harmless as your smartphone. Blood sacrifice must be made to appease the demon.

theres no emoji to express what i just felt reading this
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by flowx(m): 12:14pm On Mar 17, 2019
ClearFlair:
Hope there are no flight control issues o. We don’t want it to crash like Atiku and Obi’s presidential ambitions
you dey Craz ni?

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 17, 2019
I hope all mgt and employees gathered there can take the 1st ride.

The latest 737 max series never good but they are busy creating new ones.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by rapid101(m): 12:16pm On Mar 17, 2019
HsLBroker:
Oyibo keep growing
Meanwhile some pple discovered a mysterious water hear

Africa is doomed

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by samsard(m): 12:16pm On Mar 17, 2019
twosquare:
The probability of surviving in a ship mishap is still higher than a plane...something in the air will easily lose control and a free fall. Imagine the pounds of iron, explosion and gboosa for ground..... I believe scientists should invest more in maritime research than this air thing... Ships are still safer than planes IMO....
But do they come close in terms of speed?
I wouldn't want to spend days travelling while I have the option of half a day.

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Xander85: 12:16pm On Mar 17, 2019
tiredoflife:

Hehehehe grin grin grin

You’v been watching too many action Hollywood movies! wink

Can just picture 100s of passengers...fat/skinny, old/young, disabled/able-bodied, crazy/sound, those taking a shi’t and having to pull their pants up in a hurry....all with their parachutes strapped on and scrambling for the emergency exit when the captain screams ‘abandon ship’ on the public address system! shocked

Bros, it’a just not practical! smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Denikayan: 12:17pm On Mar 17, 2019
tiredoflife:

Cost of technology is much

Inflight safety is threatened

And how do you hope to survive a thousand feet from Earth. Or over the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean.

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by alexpumpin: 12:18pm On Mar 17, 2019
tiredoflife:
because of the weight.

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by StrikeBack(m): 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2019
Amuocha:
Click like for Airbus
Click share for Boeing
Quote for Korope
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by twosquare(m): 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2019
samsard:
But do they come close in terms of speed?
I wouldn't want to spend days travelling while I have the option of half a day.
That's why I said they should invest in maritime research. It is possible to increase the mobility/speed of these vessels with all the technology we have available now and sophisticated research that can make things happen. It is very much possible.

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Denikayan: 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2019
MyMouth:
If its Boeing, am not going! angry

Boeing is an Aircraft and not a Bus

Hope you not making a mistake.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by samsard(m): 12:25pm On Mar 17, 2019
twosquare:
That's why I said they should invest in maritime research. It is possible to increase the mobility/speed of these vessels with all the technology we have available now and sophisticated research that can make things happen. It is very much possible.
Water is a lot denser than air! ships weigh a lot more! it would be disastrous trying to create super vast sea transportation. I read that there was a low flying aircraft the Russians were using to fly on seas, but aviation regulatory body rejected it and so did maritime. It messes up the Dynamics.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by jaxxy(m): 12:26pm On Mar 17, 2019
Tundexxy:

You again grin

In a case of emergency, there is usually short time to react....

How much time do they need to react 10days? If they had been working on more safety functions and options I’m sure they wud have arrived at Smtn by now.

Instead they are invested in the capacity and making bigger planes than safety.
Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by midnighter(f): 12:27pm On Mar 17, 2019
It looks quite distasteful at first that they would unveil this plane right after a major catastrophe, for which they are partly to blame. They didnt tell people that the software they installed needs specific training. And the software even had glitches sef

But on balance, its still a business that has to keep its wheels turning. If they delay this release it will reduce their market value even more. and if people start losing jobs, even more people will die

But its just so bad for those people in the crash. Those Ethiopians screaming with grief on the news

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by samsard(m): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2019
jaxxy:

How much time do they need to react 10days? If they had been working on more safety functions and options I’m sure they wud have arrived at Smtn by now.
He's talking about the passengers on a crashing plane.
Have you ever been in a speeding vehicle that's about to crash? O well, the Dynamics are just as complex if not more complex.

2 Likes

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by VickyRotex(f): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2019
Even if this was already in the roadmap for display, I dont expect them to unveil this at this time. Considering it's barely a week that the unfortunate incident occurred.

I told a friend last Sunday. I said: "The worst and painful thing about these incidents is that Life goes on. A week from now, nobody will talk about it, except the families of the victims." See now! Terrible!

2 Likes

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by HomeOfMe(f): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2019
Explorers:
The Boeing 777X UNVEILED: World's longest passenger plane at 252ft makes its debut at factory ceremony, less than a week after the Ethiopian Airlines crash that killed all 157 passengers on board.

The first fully assembled Boeing 777X, the world's longest passenger jetliner has been unveiled.

The aircraft had expected to be presented with much fanfare in a ceremonial debut at the plane manufacturer's plant in Everett, near Seattle, on Wednesday.

But as a mark of respect for those who died in the Ethiopian Airlines 737 Max 8 crash, it was instead unveiled in a low-key event that was only attended by Boeing employees.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-6813311/The-Boeing-777X-UNVEILED-Worlds-longest-passenger-jet-makes-debut-Seattle-factory-ceremony.html
They should test it for atleast a year before launching it.

1 Like

Re: Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) by Velvetv2: 12:29pm On Mar 17, 2019
May God help us..Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Man & The 2 Ladies He Was Carrying Die In An Accident In Sapele, Delta (Photos / See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) / Truck Moving Damaged Osinbajo's Helicopter Spoilt In Kogi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.