Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years (4329 Views)

We Will Not Support Any Candidate That Is 70years And Above - Delta Group / You are youth Friendly, But your Compaign DG is 70years, Dino Tackles Peter Obi / This Is What Will Likely Happen To Donald Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by iamvictorbassey: 11:31am On Mar 17, 2019
10 THINGS THAT WILL MOST LIKELY HAPPEN IN NIGERIA IN THE NEXT 40 TO 70YEARS

My name is Victor Bassey, Im not a writer, this would be like the first time I ever tried this. A brief info on my background is I was born and brought up in the North. Lived all my life there and completed my tetiary education in the north too. If you like, you can screenshot or bookmark this writeup for most of the things written in it will "most likely" come to pass (I'm not a prophet nor a religious person either). I'm just saying this so that in the future no one will say no-one saw it coming.

Enough about me. Lets get to why I wrote this lenghty writeup. I am doing this primarily because in Nigeria we don't have people who forsee and try to profer solutions to what they've forseen. And even when we rarely have one who does, they are ignored. An example of one of such people was Late Fela. Its unfortunate how I was only told the negative stories about Fela as a deterent while trying to do music at a much younger age. And how I should never end up like Fela. But today I know better, If I end up like Fela I will die a fullfilled man. It's so unfortunate to know that the things someone like Fela sang about before I was born and while I was still a kid are things still bugging us as a nation in present day. In this writeup, I plan to share some of the glaring things that will possibly happen in Nigeria even before the next 40years. But just say at worse, the next 40-70years time.

DISCLAIMER: A lot of statements written here are highly controversial. But you must understand that they are my views and opinions. You need not accept them, you just need to respect them and drop yours if you have something contrary to say. For those who insult rather than reply, please do so with a pinch of salt and understand it's not 40years yet. Please also note that I am in no way endorsing or condeming any tribe, religion or group. Now to the body.

1. To start with, there will possibly be no Nigeria anymore. And even if there is it won't be the complete Nigeria we know today. The reason why some sections will leave you will know as you read other points and understand especially the number 2 point.

2. If you are one who follows trends, technology, politics, governance, etc. You will understand that there is a very strong will by the "Conceptual West" to see to the extinction of the use of fossil fuel (Crude Oil and all of its extracts) as a means of energy. Thus replacing it with clean renewable energy. This will be a major blow to Nigeria. Nigeria will only be seen to feel it wholly from outside but not on the inside. Those who will really feel the heat are the Niger Delta (Oil producing) states. This will drop their relevance to zero (This statement also depends on what they invest their revenues today on). As they will have nothing to hold on to as a leverage if they don't go the "Dubai way". Those who find it difficult to relate should understand that Enugu was once like Port-Harcourt because of coal. And today I need not tell you what their relevance is in National decision.

It is only at this point, the "North" will tell you that they need their lands for agriculture and solar farms (energy). The one Nigeria statement will be preached more now by the southerners who have their investments and properties littered in the north but the northerners will not listen. As a result there will be high tenement rates in the north for non-indigenes, and heavy tax for business men who are non indigenes.

The condition for unity will be strict and highly out of favour to the southerners.

2. Population growth and it's consequences, Nigeria in the next 40-70years would have hit a maximum all time high of not less than 500Million people as our average population. The 90's children will already be grand parents or about to be by then. That will be like about 3 extra generations. With no more crude oil funds to feed the doubled or tripled mouths of citizens, crime will be at an all time high, never seen nor imagined before. As youth restiveness will be deadly. The rich will spend a whole lot on security and people will damn consequences and attack the rich and highly placed, as they will weigh their options and understand that they're still liable to die of hunger if they don't try. A lot of people will have licensed guns to protect themselves from attack. As the government will not have sufficient funds to provide adequate national security for her citizens. There will be so much of weapons never seen in the history of Nigeria in circulation in private hands.

The increased population will bring about huge hunger and starvation. As there won't be enough food to fill the number of mouths available. The images and videos we watch and see in other African countries of people dying while still alive and vultures waiting for them to drop dead will not be far from us as at that time.

3. Religion will loose it's grip on a whole chunk of people. So many people will begin to see with reason the concept of "Cause and Effect". Faith will loose it's grip due to starvation and hunger. Faith will also loose it's grip because the next generation of children will be too curious and intelligent to be made to believe the same stories some of us were told growing up. They will apply too much of logic to everything they do thus killing the concept of belief and faith. There will be no free money and those who have stolen in billions will not want to release their's, as they will want to stash it as assurance for their unborn children, hunger will beat reality into all religious followers in Nigeria that "Man" must labour to put food on his table and that is no responsibility of God as "SOME" religious leaders claim that Faith and beilieve can provide miracle food instead of hard work.

4. If you have ever lived up North before, you will understand that birth control is not a topic to debate up there. As most of them believe that "God" is the one who takes care of children. All one needs to do is give birth to as many as possible and never bother about their welfare. Items like condoms, abortions and contraceptive are even seen as "Haram(Abominable)" by some in those parts. With population boom hitting an all time high and inadequacy of food to feed the numerous mouths and inadequate government funds. One of their indigenous sons/daughter will be forced to preach the message that provisions must be made for every extra mouth and that is not the responsibility of "God". There will be Birth control in the North.

5.One reason why Nigeria can never move forward is the absence of "Rewards" and "Punishments". And until that is put in place without bias, Nigeria will continue to remain where it is. Hardship will force a revolt and several protests against political figures in Nigeria, and there will be a revolution with stringent consequences. This will see to the people demanding the heads of political figures and pubic executions of political figures caught stealing as low as the value of $300.

The major reason why this will be possible, will be due to the fact that the religious barriers would have been broken to a large extent. People will no longer be swayed by people stealing funds and clinging unto religion to attract sympathy from gullible followers. There will be so many hungry and angry people on the street.

Unfortunately, there will still be a lot of ethnic sentiments which would slightly derail progress but not as much as the religious jinx.

6. The richest men in Nigeria will be the few manufacturers and innovators available. This is when the Igbos will come to light becoming the China of Africa. (This is a painful statement a lot will have reservations to, but it will be largely so).

7. There will be clamour and agitation to leave the defunct Nigeria, especially by the Igbos (and other tribes too) as they will not want to generate revenues and give 87% to the centre while they keep 13%. Since there is nothing at stake they "might probably" be granted a secsession. This would be a great error as they will grow very fast in technology and weapons development thereby bullying weaker territories around them.

8. By now, formal education would have lost it's proper grip and value in the labour market. And labour will be hired by performance delivered irrespective of certification or not.

9. EV drives (Electirc Cars) will be the means of transportation all through ranging from trucks to vehilcles to bikes to levitating vehicles, human sized drones and air hoverboards etc. Because there will be no fuel driven fairly used cars to import from anywhere around the world. If you watched the Geneva motor exhibition you would have seen how big companies like BMW, Volks, Benz, and the originator Tesla are all taking the centre stage when it comes to electric cars.

10. Nigeria by that time will have so many foreign pronounced lifestyles like open gay marriages, transgenders, Gay activist, Feminist Rights, etc. without fear of what the society will say.

In addition to this point, the marriage institution by this time will fall badly. As the courts will be strengthening women rights, men will be scared to get married for fear of divorce and it's consequences on men, and fear being meddled with if found wanting. Baby mamas and papas paying child support will litter everywhere. As marriage will seem too risky owing to the stringent rules attached to it by that time.

You can add your contributions.

A few of mine are:
1. As controversial as this may sound, I feel Nigerians still need to suffer very much more. Only when this happens will we know our left from our right. You meet someone who is feeding from hand to mouth. He ask for help, out of pity you help. But if you check he is rallying and throwing his weight behind one politician who is a thief or an indicted thief. While there are other reasonable ones out there. I feel more suffering is relevant to erase the deposits of religious and ethnic sentiment.

2. When Nigerians are intelligent enough to vote anyone into office irrespective of party leanings. When Nigerians are able to vote people in respect to their personalities, policies, manifestos, past records only then will we get it right.

3. A lot of us are trying to leave, yet we forget that wherever we are going to can be likened to another man's bed that has been properly laid. That we can lay our's too and foreigners will fight to come lie on our bed too. We never think about that part. (I'm not condemning leaving anyway.)

But I'm saying there was a time the British were known to give birth in multiples of ten. Then someone came up and met the queen with a blueprint stating that if they continued that way, their resources will not be able to manange them in a certain number of years. Now that's planning. Africa lacks planning, and most importantly implementation. We need to get experts and analyst to tell us where we are heading and what measures to take.

4. My advice to the south south (oil producing) states would be to look for a way to avoid their divisive lifestyles over there and unite. For they need to stop the internal sabotage amongst themselves politically and build the haven of their desire for themselves and their unborn children. They practically have less than fifteen years to reap bountifully from the tree of crude oil. How they invest the money today (just like Dubai) will largely affect what those areas will be in nearest future when crude oil will be irrelevant. Enugu (Coal City) is a perfect example.

5. Finally, the solution to Nigeria's problem lies in Nigerian citizen's thumbprints. Until we use it properly, we will continue to suffer.

Thanks.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by herzernIsHere: 11:32am On Mar 17, 2019
The richest men in Nigeria will be the few manufacturers and innovators available. This is when the Igbos will come to light becoming the China of Africa.
I stopped reading when I got to this point.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by successmatters(m): 11:35am On Mar 17, 2019
Nigeria, is holding the Igbo man backward.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by Lanry1(m): 11:38am On Mar 17, 2019
Booked
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by iamvictorbassey: 11:40am On Mar 17, 2019
herzernIsHere:

I feel you should have continued. It's an unbiased post. It's in respect to every zone's potential. No hailing and no vilifyng of any zone.

In as much as a lot have reservations on them, you'll sincerely agree that they are the only ones who imitate and come close to production in Nigeria or Africa as a whole. They have this attitude of competition and never been left behind. They want to outshine their competitors/brothers. That, viewed from another perspective is bad. And from another perspective means leveling up. Which is good for business.

Remember when China started with brick games and some other funny things like calculators and we were laughing at them. You remember when Chinese phones were a laughing stock (with bright lights and loudspeakers). And today the world is importing from them and building manufacturing headquaters there, including Tesla, Apple, Microsoft, name it. It goes a long way to show that practice makes perfect.

Modified:

I want to say this to clarify some people who think I am in anyway supporting the Igbos and hailing them. We all have our reservations about every tribe. I for one don't like the greedy, boastful and dominating nature of "some" of the Igbos. But don't forget, the topic was not if I liked the Igbos or not. I'lll give you 2 examples.

Let's say your dad promised you a bicycle if you come first position in class, and by so doing you top your class. It wouldn't matter to us the reason, on Speech and prize giving day you will be awarded with best graduating student. Let's say you had a bet with your best friend, it wouldn't equally matter. Or maybe you were lucky to have read just 5pages and all questions came from those pages. I have never heard anything like "He came first sha, but its because of this or that". The summary is he came first.

Another example would be this. Imagine Otedola's step mom never liked him and told him he will beg to eat and that made him swear to himself to be successful. It wouldn't matter today. All we know is Amongst billionaires in Africa, Otedola is one. That's the simple answer to, "Is Otedola a billionaire?".

If you are not trying to be biased in judgement you will agree with me that there is no tribe in Nigeria that competes amongst themselves and others for dominance like the Igbos. Late Sardauna said it. This is bad morally, but in Business this is good. Imagine there wasn't a BMW to keep Benz on her toes? Or a Samsung to keep Apple, etc and so on.

Igbos compete and it makes them grow fast. For instance, as soon as Gigm launched GIGM.com book online, Peace Motors followed suit, Big Joe followed and so on. That is just how they are. It's no hail nor insult. It's about stating the obvious.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by Timmypromise(m): 1:33pm On Mar 17, 2019
igbos comes to light........A very big joke.....when most of their future are currently in Asia prison. most igbos in India can't trust each other

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by conductor1004: 1:44pm On Mar 17, 2019
Timmypromise:
igbos comes to light........A very big joke.....when most of their future are currently in Asia prison. most igbos in India can't trust each other
Yet Lateefu the yorobamoozlem and his friends will stamp their empty skull from the brown roofs of ogbomosho to the headquarters of the caphilate in Sokoto just to beg for yoonity whenever Biafra or Nnamdi Kanu is mentioned cheesy

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by Timmypromise(m): 1:51pm On Mar 17, 2019
conductor1004:

Yet Lateefu the yorobamoozlem and his friends will stamp their from the brown roofs of ogbomosho to the headquarters of the caphilate in Sokoto just to beg for yoonity whenever Biafra or Nnamdi Kanu is mentioned

I heard one foolish man ran away during Nigeria civil war leaving Igbo dying of hunger and water. .....once biafra is established I know Igbo will face hunger once again.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by Timmypromise(m): 1:55pm On Mar 17, 2019
conductor1004:

Yet Lateefu the yorobamoozlem and his friends will stamp their from the brown roofs of ogbomosho to the headquarters of the caphilate in Sokoto just to beg for yoonity whenever Biafra or Nnamdi Kanu is mentioned

Instead of you to find your mother and father a space in libya to run away you are here condemning lateef that have better life than Igbo in Thailand prison

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by chriskosherbal(m): 1:57pm On Mar 17, 2019
Sincerely that write up is top notch even though we agree that no man can predict the future except God but certain indicies on ground in the now can help us or guide us in the prediction of the later.

Weldone Op

God bless Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by Timmypromise(m): 2:10pm On Mar 17, 2019
[quote author=conductor1004 post=76735695][s][/s] E pain this particular Yolumoozlem grin[/quot
HAAAAAA.....LOOK AT THIS SLAVE ANYWAY CALM DOWN YOUR MASTER IS COMING
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by wirinet(m): 2:29pm On Mar 17, 2019
successmatters:
Nigeria, is holding the Igbo man backward.

Please explain how. Is it only igbo man in Nigeria inside Nigeria that Nigeria is holding back, what about igbos in other west African states or even in foreign lands?
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by noni14(m): 3:04pm On Mar 17, 2019
he who have ears let him hear,
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by wirinet(m): 3:16pm On Mar 17, 2019
@OP
I disagree with you on almost all levels. I do not have the time or energy to go into all your assertions, assumptions and conclusions, so I will take the issues one by one as I have time for.

1. To start with, there will possibly be no Nigeria anymore. And even if there is it won't be the complete Nigeria we know today. The reason why some sections will leave you will know as you read other points and understand especially the number 2 point.

This your number one point is neither here nor there.

Of course there is always a possibility that Nigeria will be no more, but the chances of a split in 40 years time is highly remote. Maybe if the right steps for secession is being taken today, then succession by that group might be possible in 70 years, but no actual steps to succession has been taken as of today. If you study similar groups of people seeking succession and that have taken the right steps, you will see that some have been at it for over a century, and have still not achieved secession.

Eritrea was a colony of Italy that was taken over by Ethiopia after World War 2. the country became part of the British protectorate after the Italians left. When the British left, they ceded the territory to Ethiopia, but as an autonomous unit.
In 1961 Ethiopia unilaterally withdrew Eritrea's autonomy and stationed troops inside the country and hence began a 30 year war of independence, which was won by Eritrea.

I don't want to go into the historical background of South Sudan independence history, but the South Sudanese fought a 50 year bitter civil war with Sudan, costing millions of lives before they were able to gain independence in 2011.

As I said, I do not forsee viable secession in Nigeria within the next 50 years.

Another obstacle to secession is that Nigeria never had big autonomous political units since the time the British amalgamated the country.
Yes, before colonisation, there was the sokoto caliphate, the Oyo Empire, the Benin Empire and numerous autonomous or semi autonomous tribes in the East and Niger delta areas.

If we were to go back into the time before colonisation, when the various tribes were autonomous, we would have to break the country up into more than 50 pieces.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by successmatters(m): 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2019
wirinet:

Please explain how. Is it only igbo man in Nigeria inside Nigeria that Nigeria is holding back, what about igbos in other west African states or even in foreign lands?
Other tribes seem to be comfortable being held down under corrupt government like Buharri own. That's why.

Igbos in other African countries are doing just fine, taking over Ghana, SA and Gabon, but we would have done best on our own home soil, with good policies and a level playing field.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
This is a good thread but the tribalists are here to derail it simply because of the word, Igbo. Oga, oya come and remove that Igbo there mek we discuss your thread like normal human beings.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by wirinet(m): 3:43pm On Mar 17, 2019
successmatters:

Other tribes seem to be comfortable being held down under corrupt government like Buharri own. That's why.

Igbos in other African countries are doing just fine, taking over Ghana, SA and Gabon, but we would have done best on our own home soil, with good policies and a level playing field.

Like the adage goes, it is only a bad workman that quarrels with his tools. Civilizations in the past had built fantastic monuments and societies with very little and sometimes bad tools.

You say you have taken over Ghana, SA and Gabon, please give examples of how. Are you guys at the head of the technological, scientific, social and industrial development in those countries. I am sure citizens of these countries will disagree with your assertion of taken over.

You said "would have done best on our own home soil, with good policies and a level playing field", but you refuse to state these good policies that you need before you can start performing at home.

You have governors who receive billions of nairn monthly to make and implement good policies and a level playing field, but you seem oblivious to them.

You have state legislators to make the good policies and level playing field you want. You still refuse to see them.

It is only Buhari you see and care about. You say that Buhari that had been president for 4 years is the reason why igbos are not doing well on home soil.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by successmatters(m): 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
wirinet:

Like the adage goes, it is only a bad workman that quarrels with his tools. Civilizations in the past had built fantastic monuments and societies with very little and sometimes bad tools.

You say you have taken over Ghana, SA and Gabon, please give examples of how. Are you guys at the head of the technological, scientific, social and industrial development in those countries. I am sure citizens of these countries will disagree with your assertion of taken over.

You said "would have done best on our own home soil, with good policies and a level playing field", but you refuse to state these good policies that you need before you can start performing at home.

You have governors who receive billions of nairn monthly to make and implement good policies and a level playing field, but you seem oblivious to them.

You have state legislators to make the good policies and level playing field you want. You still refuse to see them.

It is only Buhari you see and care about. You say that Buhari that had been president for 4 years is the reason why igbos are not doing well on home soil.

It's a matter of opinion, and the refusal of anyone to agree to any statements is a choice as well as their rights.

When I talk about policies, I mean national policies, Igboland needs ports to import production materials, a good rail network to distribute goods and security of life and properties from wanton destruction by herdsmen and robbers. As it is now, the police is comatose, made weak by the federal government, rails? I laugh in swahili grin it is hopeless to expect Nigeria to function properly.

Our governors are doing so well I cannot ask for much more from them, they receive billions and we see the impact at home. From Port Harcourt to Abakaliki, the only evil you see is on federal roads and infrastructure.

Our Governors Has Now Learnt To Be Humane.

They owe no salaries like Osun and Ekiti, build roads like Ebonyi and Anambra, and have good plans for the future.

Like I said earlier, Nigeria has held the Igbo man back.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by Petersamuel8(m): 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2019
nice try
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by Southwest2023: 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2019
Nigeria can't divided instead regional system of government would adopted.
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by wordcat(m): 4:37pm On Mar 17, 2019
iamvictorbassey:
10 THINGS THAT WILL MOST LIKELY HAPPEN IN NIGERIA IN THE NEXT 40 TO 70YEARS

My name is Victor Bassey, Im not a writer, this would be like the first time I ever tried this. A brief info on my background is I was born and brought up in the North. Lived all my life there and completed my tetiary education in the north too. If you like, you can screenshot or bookmark this writeup for most of the things written in it will "most likely" come to pass (I'm not a prophet nor a religious person either). I'm just saying this so that in the future no one will say no-one saw it coming.

Enough about me. Lets get to why I wrote this lenghty writeup. I am doing this primarily because in Nigeria we don't have people who forsee and try to profer solutions to what they've forseen. And even when we rarely have one who does, they are ignored. An example of one of such people was Late Fela. Its unfortunate how I was only told the negative stories about Fela as a deterent while trying to do music at a much younger age. And how I should never end up like Fela. But today I know better, If I end up like Fela I will die a fullfilled man. It's so unfortunate to know that the things someone like Fela sang about before I was born and while I was still a kid are things still bugging us as a nation in present day. In this writeup, I plan to share some of the glaring things that will possibly happen in Nigeria even before the next 40years. But just say at worse, the next 40-70years time.

DISCLAIMER: A lot of statements written here are highly controversial. But you must understand that they are my views and opinions. You need not accept them, you just need to respect them and drop yours if you have something contrary to say. For those who insult rather than reply, please do so with a pinch of salt and understand it's not 40years yet. Please also note that I am in no way endorsing or condeming any tribe, religion or group. Now to the body.

2. If you are one who follows trends, technology, politics, governance, etc. You will understand that there is a very strong will by the "Conceptual West" to see to the extinction of the use of fossil fuel (Crude Oil and all of its extracts) as a means of energy. Thus replacing it with clean renewable energy. This will be a major blow to Nigeria. Nigeria will only be seen to feel it wholly from outside but not on the inside. Those who will really feel the heat are the Niger Delta (Oil producing) states. This will drop their relevance to zero (This statement also depends on what they invest their revenues today on). As they will have nothing to hold on to as a leverage if they don't go the "Dubai way". Those who find it difficult to relate should understand that Enugu was once like Port-Harcourt because of coal. And today I need not tell you what their relevance is in National decision.

It is only at this point, the "North" will tell you that they need their lands for agriculture and solar farms (energy). The one Nigeria statement will be preached more now by the southerners who have their investments and properties littered in the north but the northerners will not listen. As a result there will be high tenement rates in the north for non-indigenes, and heavy tax for business men who are non indigenes.

The condition for unity will be strict and highly out of favour to the southerners.

2. Population growth and it's consequences, Nigeria in the next 40-70years would have hit a maximum all time high of not less than 500Million people as our average population. The 90's children will already be grand parents or about to be by then. That will be like about 3 extra generations. With no more crude oil funds to feed the doubled or tripled mouths of citizens, crime will be at an all time high, never seen nor imagined before. As youth restiveness will be deadly. The rich will spend a whole lot on security and people will damn consequences and attack the rich and highly placed, as they will weigh their options and understand that they're still liable to die of hunger if they don't try. A lot of people will have licensed guns to protect themselves from attack. As the government will not have sufficient funds to provide adequate national security for her citizens. There will be so much of weapons never seen in the history of Nigeria in circulation in private hands.

The increased population will bring about huge hunger and starvation. As there won't be enough food to fill the number of mouths available. The images and videos we watch and see in other African countries of people dying while still alive and vultures waiting for them to drop dead will not be far from us as at that time.

3. Religion will loose it's grip on a whole chunk of people. So many people will begin to see with reason the concept of "Cause and Effect". Faith will loose it's grip due to starvation and hunger. Faith will also loose it's grip because the next generation of children will be too curious and intelligent to be made to believe the same stories some of us were told growing up. They will apply too much of logic to everything they do thus killing the concept of belief and faith. There will be no free money and those who have stolen in billions will not want to release their's, as they will want to stash it as assurance for their unborn children, hunger will beat reality into all religious followers in Nigeria that "Man" must labour to put food on his table and that is no responsibility of God as "SOME" religious leaders claim that Faith and beilieve can provide miracle food instead of hard work.

4. If you have ever lived up North before, you will understand that birth control is not a topic to debate up there. As most of them believe that "God" is the one who takes care of children. All one needs to do is give birth to as many as possible and never bother about their welfare. Items like condoms, abortions and contraceptive are even seen as "Haram(Abominable)" by some in those parts. With population boom hitting an all time high and inadequacy of food to feed the numerous mouths and inadequate government funds. One of their indigenous sons/daughter will be forced to preach the message that provisions must be made for every extra mouth and that is not the responsibility of "God". There will be Birth control in the North.

5.One reason why Nigeria can never move forward is the absence of "Rewards" and "Punishments". And until that is put in place without bias, Nigeria will continue to remain where it is. Hardship will force a revolt and several protests against political figures in Nigeria, and there will be a revolution with stringent consequences. This will see to the people demanding the heads of political figures and pubic executions of political figures caught stealing as low as the value of $300.

The major reason why this will be possible, will be due to the fact that the religious barriers would have been broken to a large extent. People will no longer be swayed by people stealing funds and clinging unto religion to attract sympathy from gullible followers. There will be so many hungry and angry people on the street.

Unfortunately, there will still be a lot of ethnic sentiments which would slightly derail progress but not as much as the religious jinx.

6. The richest men in Nigeria will be the few manufacturers and innovators available. This is when the Igbos will come to light becoming the China of Africa. (This is a painful statement a lot will have reservations to, but it will be largely so).

7. There will be clamour and agitation to leave the defunct Nigeria, especially by the Igbos (and other tribes too) as they will not want to generate revenues and give 87% to the centre while they keep 13%. Since there is nothing at stake they "might probably" be granted a secsession. This would be a great error as they will grow very fast in technology and weapons development thereby bullying weaker territories around them.

8. By now, formal education would have lost it's proper grip and value in the labour market. And labour will be hired by performance delivered irrespective of certification or not.

9. EV drives (Electirc Cars) will be the means of transportation all through ranging from trucks to vehilcles to bikes to levitating vehicles, human sized drones and air hoverboards etc. Because there will be no fuel driven fairly used cars to import from anywhere around the world. If you watched the Geneva motor exhibition you would have seen how big companies like BMW, Volks, Benz, and the originator Tesla are all taking the centre stage when it comes to electric cars.

10. Nigeria by that time will have so many foreign pronounced lifestyles like open gay marriages, transgenders, Gay activist, Feminist Rights, etc. without fear of what the society will say.

In addition to this point, the marriage institution by this time will fall badly. As the courts will be strengthening women rights, men will be scared to get married for fear of divorce and it's consequences on men, and fear being meddled with if found wanting. Baby mamas and papas paying child support will litter everywhere. As marriage will seem too risky owing to the stringent rules attached to it by that time.

You can add your contributions.

A few of mine are:
1. As controversial as this may sound, I feel Nigerians still need to suffer very much more. Only when this happens will we know our left from our right. You meet someone who is feeding from hand to mouth. He ask for help, out of pity you help. But if you check he is rallying and throwing his weight behind one politician who is a thief or an indicted thief. While there are other reasonable ones out there. I feel more suffering is relevant to erase the deposits of religious and ethnic sentiment.

2. When Nigerians are intelligent enough to vote anyone into office irrespective of party leanings. When Nigerians are able to vote people in respect to their personalities, policies, manifestos, past records only then will we get it right.

3. A lot of us are trying to leave, yet we forget that wherever we are going to can be likened to another man's bed that has been properly laid. That we can lay our's too and foreigners will fight to come lie on our bed too. We never think about that part. (I'm not condemning leaving anyway.)

But I'm saying there was a time the British were known to give birth in multiples of ten. Then someone came up and met the queen with a blueprint stating that if they continued that way, their resources will not be able to manange them in a certain number of years. Now that's planning. Africa lacks planning, and most importantly implementation. We need to get experts and analyst to tell us where we are heading and what measures to take.

4. My advice to the south south (oil producing) states would be to look for a way to avoid their divisive lifestyles over there and unite. For they need to stop the internal sabotage amongst themselves politically and build the haven of their desire for themselves and their unborn children. They practically have less than fifteen years to reap bountifully from the tree of crude oil. How they invest the money today (just like Dubai) will largely affect what those areas will be in nearest future when crude oil will be irrelevant. Enugu (Coal City) is a perfect example.

5. Finally, the solution to Nigeria's problem lies in Nigerian citizen's thumbprints. Until we use it properly, we will continue to suffer.

Thanks.
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by PetroDollaxx: 4:38pm On Mar 17, 2019
What is the meaning of this nonsense? Igbos have taken over Ghana? How? Fuckeduppedness grin are you a comedian? Igbos should stop this foolishness. It seems that is the attitude of igbos,huh? I am a Ghanaian living in Ghana, but igbos have always been problematic in Ghana. We Ghanaians don’t have issues with Yorubas and other Nigerians, but igbos are something else. I hope you people will change your attitude sha! How can you tell me that igbos have taken over Ghana? Never say that again! You are only helping to create ill feeling towards Nigerians in Ghana. Any Ghanaian reading this is bound to feel very offended,huh?
successmatters:

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by wirinet(m): 4:56pm On Mar 17, 2019
PetroDollaxx:
What is the meaning of this nonsense? Igbos have taken over Ghana? How? Fuckeduppedness grin are you a comedian? Igbos should stop this foolishness. It seems that is the attitude of igbos,huh? I am a Ghanaian living in Ghana, but igbos have always been problematic in Ghana. We Ghanaians don’t have issues with Yorubas and other Nigerians, but igbos are something else. I hope you people will change your attitude sha! How can you tell me that igbos have taken over Ghana? Never say that again! You are only helping to create ill feeling towards Nigerians in Ghana. Any Ghanaian reading this is bound to feel very offended,huh?

Abeg my African brother no vex. That's the way some igbos are (not all of them o ). They get big mouth and big chest. They will tell you they develop and taken over Lagos, London, Lisbon, Accra, Malaysia, in fact everywhere. They are our brothers and compatriots, we have leant to understand this need to boast and beat their chest. I think it is due to certain innate insecurities. Those that really make things happen do not boast or make mouth.
Please don't take it out on other Nigerians or even other igbos.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by Xander85: 5:10pm On Mar 17, 2019
herzernIsHere:

But of course you would, wouldn’t you!? Anything that gives Igbos kudos and pride of place just eats you up! Had it been they said the richest would be, say the Fulani, you would accept it...no questions asked, and move on to read the next paragraph!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by Xander85: 5:16pm On Mar 17, 2019
PetroDollaxx:

Just know all is not as it appears on an anonymous forum such as this! Some none Igbo use Igbo monikers solely for mischief...to attract the kind of reaction you just showed. Their aim is to get as many people as possible to hate Ndigbo.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 17, 2019
[quote author=successmatters post=76731866]Nigeria, is holding the Igbo man backward. [/quo
te] sometimes i feel we should cut the hausas and fulanis from this country .. only then would we be able to move forward
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by samuelchimmy(m): 6:11pm On Mar 17, 2019
OP Im guessing this post of yours is just your wish for nigeria and not from some calculated facts and figures, anyway you try sha, i agree mostly about the fossil fuel matter,i go clear for we eye when e happen
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by justtoodark: 6:14pm On Mar 17, 2019
successmatters:

why are you igbos always looking for trouble....??

you are not superior to anybody.....calm down your igbo tits and shvtup before other africans come with their wahala....

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by successmatters(m): 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
PetroDollaxx:

Instead of feeling offended, stand up and compete. If the term 'taken over ' on the Internet worries you, you must be a yoruba and not Ghana.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by wirinet(m): 6:31pm On Mar 17, 2019
samuelchimmy:
OP Im guessing this post of yours is just your wish for nigeria and not from some calculated facts and figures, anyway you try sha, i agree mostly about the fossil fuel matter,i go clear for we eye when e happen
The fossil fuel issue has been oversimplified. Even with the introduction and wide use of alternative energy sources, fossil fuel will not go away soon. Even though fossil fuel took over from firewood and coal ages ago, firewood and coal is still being widely used, especially in developing countries.
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by justtoodark: 6:34pm On Mar 17, 2019
Xander85:

Just know all is not as it appears on an anonymous forum such as this! Some none Igbo use Igbo monikers solely for mischief...to attract the kind of reaction you just showed. Their aim is to get as many people as possible to hate Ndigbo.

bullshit....nigerians dont tend to boast....

we do our thing and keep quiet....

its some igbos that practice this nonesense....nobody is trying to impersonate igbos....and even if they try they fail badly....

(1) (2) (Reply)

I See Violent Revolution In Nigeria / Old Naira Notes Now USELESS / Mama Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo Is 94 Today,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.