Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,149 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years (4324 Views)

We Will Not Support Any Candidate That Is 70years And Above - Delta Group / You are youth Friendly, But your Compaign DG is 70years, Dino Tackles Peter Obi / This Is What Will Likely Happen To Donald Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by justtoodark: 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2019
successmatters:

Instead of feeling offended, stand up and compete. If the term 'taken over ' on the Internet worries you, you must be a yoruba and not Ghana.

just keep quiet already....you are not impressin anybody here....

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by successmatters(m): 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2019
wirinet:

The fossil fuel issue has been oversimplified. Even with the introduction and wide use of alternative energy sources, fossil fuel will not go away soon. Even though fossil fuel took over from firewood and coal ages ago, firewood and coal is still being widely used, especially in developing countries.

Your wish grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by justtoodark: 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2019
wirinet:

The fossil fuel issue has been oversimplified. Even with the introduction and wide use of alternative energy sources, fossil fuel will not go away soon. Even though fossil fuel took over from firewood and coal ages ago, firewood and coal is still being widely used, especially in developing countries.

dont mind them....they dont understand how expensive alternative energy sources is....
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by wirinet(m): 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2019
successmatters:

Instead of feeling offended, stand up and compete. If the term 'taken over ' on the Internet worries you, you must be a yoruba and not Ghana.

Will you guys ever be able to separate from Yorubas? This one you see yoruba everywhere and in everyone, even in matters that does not remotely concern Yorubas.
Nah wah oo, this obsession is serious.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by justtoodark: 6:41pm On Mar 17, 2019
wirinet:

Will you guys ever be able to separate from Yorubas? This one you see yoruba everywhere and in everyone, even in matters that does not remotely concern Yorubas.
Nah wah oo, this obsession is serious.

they always forget that their are many other tribes in nigeria other than only yoruba,hausa or igbo....

and what makes them think another igbo wouldnt disagree with them realy baffles me....

newsflash....:
even yorubas disagree amongst each other....

haaaaalllllooooo....!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by wirinet(m): 6:42pm On Mar 17, 2019
successmatters:

Your wish grin
Sorry to say, but you do not make any sensible or intellectual contribution to discussions, outside the usual hollow chest beating and senseless rants.
I have installed solar for clients, I have solar panels (though only 100watts) in my home to run small appliances and charge phones. I understand solar energy more than you ever could.
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by justtoodark: 6:45pm On Mar 17, 2019
wirinet:

Sorry to say, but you do not make any sensible or intellectual contribution to discussions, outside the usual hollow chest beating and senseless rants.
I have installed solar for clients, I have solar panels (though only 100watts) in my home to run small appliances and charge phones. I understand solar energy more than you ever could.

tits beating.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

kiiiikikikikiki.....

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by ticon4life(m): 7:02pm On Mar 17, 2019
Kk
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by twentyk(m): 7:15pm On Mar 17, 2019
I wish I had the power to ban all those guys commenting off topic, here is a top notch post and all you can do is tribal bigotry, I tire for my naija people them...

Id hate Nigeria to disentegrate though, but the way Op painted it, I'm afraid it might come to pass considering what we are facing at the moment, this system ain't working, well atleats for the bulk of us...

And on the religion part, Op can't be more correct... I have also predicted such, infact religion is fast loosening its grip on many people as we speaking...

Oil in the Niger delta, but come to think of it, in the next 10 years or so, we going clean renewable energy and that's almost bye bye to our oil.... What then happens to the whole country that crudely depended on its oil?....

Questions and many more questions.....

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by twentyk(m): 7:45pm On Mar 17, 2019
successmatters:

Your wish grin
one single sensible contributions like this you haven't made on this thread... Maybe you lack the required intellect to contribute on the subject matter, thereby resorting to the usual crap you currently doing which doesn't require shiiit...

I DARE YOU to contribute constructively on this subject, argue, for or against Op or anything other than all these rubbish TRIBAL NONSENSE.... AGAIN I DARE YOU

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by PetroDollaxx: 7:56pm On Mar 17, 2019
grin Fuckeduppedness don’t even try that sh1t with me,huh? You goofed and instead of admitting that you wrote crap, and apologizing to the good people of Ghana, you are still talking nonsenses? Fuckeduppedness grin Look, don’t start what you can’t finish,huh? This is a very good advise, trust me. Fuckeduppedness grin

successmatters:

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by samuelchimmy(m): 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
wirinet:

by soon' you mean at least 2decades from now right,if not i disagree ,right now electric motor is a huge success in the us and china,it wont take long before it spreads to other parts of the world if you consistent with western policies ,you must know that huge steps are being taken every actualize a true green earth ... it wont take long my brother, it will happen in this generation

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by successmatters(m): 8:26pm On Mar 17, 2019
PetroDollaxx:
grin Fuckeduppedness don’t even try that sh1t with me,huh? You goofed and instead of admitting that you wrote crap, and apologizing to the good people of Ghana, you are still talking nonsenses? Fuckeduppedness grin Look, don’t start what you can’t finish,huh? This is a very good advise, trust me. Fuckeduppedness grin

Afonjja grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by wirinet(m): 9:00pm On Mar 17, 2019
samuelchimmy:
by soon' you mean at least 2decades from now right,if not i disagree ,right now electric motor is a huge success in the us and china,it wont take long before it spreads to other parts of the world if you consistent with western policies ,you must know that huge steps are being taken every actualize a true green earth ... it wont take long my brother, it will happen in this generation
That's why I said the issue of fossil fuel is complex. It depends mainly on the reserve of it still left under the earth, which I must confess, is a big unknown. Countries are exploring and finding new oil and gas fields, there are huge reserves in the Arctic starting from Alaska, the oil at the bottom of the oceans is largely unknown and untapped, even Nigeria has not began oil explorations in its deep sea. Then do not forget fracking that becomes viable when crude gets to the $70s to the barrel.

Fossil fuel is the cheapest form of energy and until it runs out or low, it would beat alternative source of energy in terms of cost and convenience.

Electric cars won't necessarily reduce the demand for fossil fuel. The batteries of the electric cars has to get its energy from somewhere - either alternative energy sources or fossil fuels.

Another big problem is the increasing demand for energy due to population and industrial growth. The energy demand of the world would likely double over the next 40 or so years to drive homes, businesses and industries. Where do you expect the increase in demand to come from?

One quick fix but tricky solution to our increasing energy demand is nuclear. Nuclear energy has the capacity to provide huge supply of energy to nations and the world, but then nuclear has its own political and environmental concerns and problems.

I have been a member of an online energy group for over 10 years, and we have had extensive debates on these issues. It is a much more complex issue than I have even elaborated here.
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by Yoshy: 9:43pm On Mar 17, 2019
Since Yorubas and Hausas don't like Igbos at all, why won't they allow them to go.

Joseph was hated by his brothers because he stated the obvious.

You can't kill the Igbo spirit

I used to clamour for oneness but the deep rooted hate in Yorubas makes me wanna say Bleep em.
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by 0neal(m): 1:04am On Mar 18, 2019
wirinet:

That's why I said the issue of fossil fuel is complex. It depends mainly on the reserve of it still left under the earth, which I must confess, is a big unknown. Countries are exploring and finding new oil and gas fields, there are huge reserves in the Arctic starting from Alaska, the oil at the bottom of the oceans is largely unknown and untapped, even Nigeria has not began oil explorations in its deep sea. Then do not forget fracking that becomes viable when crude gets to the $70s to the barrel.

Fossil fuel is the cheapest form of energy and until it runs out or low, it would beat alternative source of energy in terms of cost and convenience.

Electric cars won't necessarily reduce the demand for fossil fuel. The batteries of the electric cars has to get its energy from somewhere - either alternative energy sources or fossil fuels.

Another big problem is the increasing demand for energy due to population and industrial growth. The energy demand of the world would likely double over the next 40 or so years to drive homes, businesses and industries. Where do you expect the increase in demand to come from?

One quick fix but tricky solution to our increasing energy demand is nuclear. Nuclear energy has the capacity to provide huge supply of energy to nations and the world, but then nuclear has its own political and environmental concerns and problems.

I have been a member of an online energy group for over 10 years, and we have had extensive debates on these issues. It is a much more complex issue than I have even elaborated here.

You have said It all, the alternative energy technology is still developing... and fossil fuel energy can't be replaced in a hurry not even in the next 50 year.

The major issue from the OP's future list I believe is Population, if we don't do something fast to control it or increase our Gross National/Domestic Productivity...40yrs is way too far before we'll start to feel the explosive impart.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by dnawah(m): 4:55am On Mar 18, 2019
ok na if ul world no end then
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by galadima77(m): 6:37am On Mar 18, 2019
wirinet:

You're in touch with reality! Well said
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by oyatz(m): 12:04pm On Mar 18, 2019
They lack critical thinking but like to hold other people responisible for their conditions.

wirinet:

Like the adage goes, it is only a bad workman that quarrels with his tools. Civilizations in the past had built fantastic monuments and societies with very little and sometimes bad tools.

You say you have taken over Ghana, SA and Gabon, please give examples of how. Are you guys at the head of the technological, scientific, social and industrial development in those countries. I am sure citizens of these countries will disagree with your assertion of taken over.

You said "would have done best on our own home soil, with good policies and a level playing field", but you refuse to state these good policies that you need before you can start performing at home.

You have governors who receive billions of nairn monthly to make and implement good policies and a level playing field, but you seem oblivious to them.

You have state legislators to make the good policies and level playing field you want. You still refuse to see them.

It is only Buhari you see and care about. You say that Buhari that had been president for 4 years is the reason why igbos are not doing well on home soil.
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by Corrosiveman(m): 3:58pm On Aug 21, 2019
Igbo Develop Malaysia
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by Corrosiveman(m): 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2019
Yeah
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by porka: 12:23pm On Sep 14, 2019
This sounds extremely Malthusian.

There was a British demographer/economist who predicted something like this for the entire world over one hundred and eighty years ago. His predictions were and still continue to be off the marks.

Some of yours look very plausible, though. But that aspect of electric cars, I will advise you don't put too much attention on what the media is spinning, rather, follow the money. Check out the economics.

On religion becoming less attractive in Nigeria - that is left to be seen.
Re: 10 Things That Will Most Likely Happen In Nigeria In The Next 40 To 70years by dukeprince50: 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2019
successmatters:
Nigeria, is holding the Igbo man backward.
I am from the Niger delta region but I think the most industrial set of people in Nigeria are the Yoruba's, and few Hausa's. They have the biggest companies and any Nigerian that has hit the $1b is either born in the south west or North west, I have never heard of an Igbo billionaire but sure there are rich igbos, I think the Igbo's just do minor businesses. While the likes or Otedola, Dangote, Adenuga, Folorunsho, Samad Rabiu are from the west, Personally I think Nigeria is dragging the west backward.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region / Breaking! 9 Soldiers Killed In Abakaliki / Can Nigeria Police Be Reformed? How?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.