Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram (39651 Views)

Homeless Nigerian 8-year Old Tanitoluwa Adewumi Gofundme Raised Over $100k / Woman Chased Out By Her Son-In-Law Builds Her Own House Years After / Female Lawyer Cries Out After Husband Chased Her With Cutlass (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by luizkyworld(m): 7:25pm On Mar 17, 2019
If I hear se na bokoharam drive them ehn! After 5yrs of applications & rejection, de best way out na refugee levels. Naija good die!��

2 Likes

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by Ishilove: 7:27pm On Mar 17, 2019
Chased by Boko Haram?

Nigerians enh. Smh

1 Like

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by Beetobee(f): 7:30pm On Mar 17, 2019
RTSC:
Chased by Boko Haram?
Okay o.
Exactly my thought.

1 Like

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by Flight90: 7:33pm On Mar 17, 2019
3rdavefarms:
Her enemies right now
Her enemies at what age

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by symbianDON(m): 7:34pm On Mar 17, 2019
just negodu!! chased by boko haram from where to where? this lie can cook beans o!!

2 Likes

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by Bonapart(m): 7:47pm On Mar 17, 2019
Flee cos of boko haram. Best stunt to seek asylum.����

1 Like

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by 9gerian: 7:51pm On Mar 17, 2019
I know a family that I learnt were originally from Ogbomoso who resided in Maiduguri well before the Boko Haram insurgency. The father worked in Kano but travelled to Maiduguri every weekend in spite of the 8 hours traveling distance. That’s all they had and called home as there was no time the man mentioned the SW for anything. I wonder how they fared in the face of Boko Haram.

There are lots of non indigenous people who choose and settle in places other than their own. It is possible they were settled as a family in Borno.

Mostly, Northern Nigeria is like that; so peaceful and less stressful that you are enticed to remain and raise a family. But that is until a religious crisis breaks out and a different and life changing lesson is learnt; sometimes losing everything.

2mercy:

https://www.thecable.ng/chased-by-boko-haram-this-8-year-old-nigerian-has-conquered-the-world-of-chess-in-the-us

lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by BrokenCock: 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:
Brilliant ... i just knew it had to be Yoruba whenever you mention "intellect"

But ....na big lie, his family didn't flee from Boko Haram grin

That one na format. I wouldn't be surprised if he never even stepped in the Northtongue
you wise gaaahn! U talk my mind finish I swear. Media scam cheesy .that guy is a pure rich kid from the west that has never visited any hostile state.
Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by BrokenCock: 7:57pm On Mar 17, 2019
Mang31076:
See below
why cant u use ur socalled fix match to win large sums n build ur community? Dey there dey find ppl money to chop. Cheap thief, I can bet u don't even have cash to subscribe for internet. FIXED MATCH MY FOOT!
Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by Slimguy0(m): 7:57pm On Mar 17, 2019
Okay I see people screaming all over they're lying to the Immigration, Yoruba dey flee BokoHaram blahBlahBlah yenyenyenyenyenyen you bitter souls... Can't you be happy that the little child is making waves for himself at that tender age with something more important rather than some trashy ashy likes on y'all social media... TBH that kid be smarter than some y'all screaming all for what? Clout? Get a Life Bishes! Tueh!!!
Anyways I bet you if that boy had been in this trashy Country, he wouldn't have gotten to this stage in his life but all y'all see is the lie they told the immigration... You better go look for a better life for yourself and children... Awon odé !!!
Congrats Boy wink wink cheesy
Continue making your family proud... Bless up"...
(Low-key waiting for someone to say nonsense)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by biyiwyle(m): 7:58pm On Mar 17, 2019
candlewax:
im not very good at the chess board. Maybe I am not smart after all . It's a pity the boy could have died with the talent or become agbero if he remained In Nigeria. That makes me wonder how many talents are being wasted in nigeria

You are so right bro. Nigeria can kill talent. I respect everybody hustling and making it in Nigeria. It's hard but God dey

1 Like

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by Ademat7(m): 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
I sell board games

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by Awoo88: 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
This ones just dey take boko haram dey lie.
Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by zealadjay(m): 8:03pm On Mar 17, 2019
The return of "Queen of Catwey"
If u knw, u knw

1 Like

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by TruthinAction: 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2019
He should focus more on his studies. He shouldn't win trophies in chess and fail in class. They should allow him to continue if he is doing well in school. Otherwise, he should forget playing chess for now.

1 Like

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by Afonja007: 8:09pm On Mar 17, 2019
9gerian:
I know a family that I learnt were originally from Ogbomoso who resided in Maiduguri well before the Boko Haram insurgency. The father worked in Kano but travelled to Maiduguri every weekend in spite of the 8 hours traveling distance. That’s all they had and called home as there was no time the man mentioned the SW for anything. I wonder how they fared in the face of Boko Haram.

There are lots of non indigenous people who choose and settle in places other than their own. It is possible they were settled as a family in Borno.

Mostly, Northern Nigeria is like that; so peaceful and less stressful that you are enticed to remain and raise a family. But that is until a religious crisis breaks out and a different and life changing lesson is learnt; sometimes losing everything.

oga mechie onu dia, why didn't they go back to SW ?look we know all the koko

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by wisdomkid: 8:10pm On Mar 17, 2019
harkandey:
that's awesome

i hope his parents can try to support and sponsored him

grin grin
Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by grandstar(m): 8:12pm On Mar 17, 2019
The lie of the century.

How can they say they are escaping Boko Haram? I throway salute!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by bukatyne(f): 8:12pm On Mar 17, 2019
Let's not dismiss the fact that the family was chased by Boko: they could been based in the North.

I wonder why the family is not together smiling though. It is a huge achievement that should be celebrated and we need an official picture of the family not one like they are fleeing something.

Were is their dad?

1 Like

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by fk001(m): 8:21pm On Mar 17, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:

That one na format. I wouldn't be surprised if he never even stepped in the Northtongue

There are many Yoruba's in the North.

My principal and most of my teachers back then in secondary school were Yoruba.
Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by kekemah: 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
chased by Boko Haram in Lagos?
gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by IvarTheBoneless: 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
fk001:

There are many Yoruba's in the North.

My principal and most of my teachers back then in secondary school were Yoruba.

Yes i know.

I am in the North myself.

But plenty people run this Boko Haram racket

2 Likes

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by Jabioro: 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
qwertyboss:
see how refugees carry betterment pass we aristocrats wey dey for naija!
see how them clean, fresh die!
Nigeria is a shit hole!
Refugee indeed..see packages wey dem take enter U.S ..come make l show you refugee even at their accentral land..
Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by wirinet(m): 8:25pm On Mar 17, 2019
TruthinAction:
He should focus more on his studies. He shouldn't win trophies in chess and fail in class. They should allow him to continue if he is doing well in school. Otherwise, he should forget playing chess for now.
Bad advice.
It is trophies that will qualify him for scholarship and provide him the opportunity of going to school to the highest level. Where do you expect a homeless family to get the money to send this kid and his brother to school? Besides, winning trophies comes with cash prices, fame and recognition.

Winning trophies would also help the family's asylum application as Trump is looking for skulled or talented immigrants.

7 Likes

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by dejavubobo1(m): 8:27pm On Mar 17, 2019
TruthinAction:
He can't fail in class, if u understand chess u ll know it encompasses a lot. Chess is fr genius. U can't be dull & play so well as they say he's done

1 Like

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by TruthinAction: 8:27pm On Mar 17, 2019
wirinet:

Bad advice.
It is trophies that will qualify him for scholarship and provide him the opportunity of going to school to the highest level. Where do you expect a homeless family to get the money to send this kid and his brother to school? Besides, winning trophies comes with cash prices, fame and recognition.

Winning trophies would also help the family's asylum application as Trump is looking for skulled or talented immigrants.

I never saw it that way. I forgot America is not Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by urahara(m): 8:30pm On Mar 17, 2019
Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by BoboKush(m): 8:30pm On Mar 17, 2019
I never see.... I want to check name gang.... Afonja too.... Those no biafla no erection won't comment here
Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by abijaofficial(m): 8:37pm On Mar 17, 2019
TruthinAction:
Schools in USA respects talent , they create a balance , unlike in Nigeria KIDS who are into sports must also do well in school . and Chess is his talent , Chess will make way for him . CHESS IS LIFE !!

2 Likes

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by horladexino(m): 8:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin
Baba na true talk ooo
Na confirm format

1 Like

Re: Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram by abijaofficial(m): 8:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
dejavubobo1:

He can't fail in class, if u understand chess u ll know it encompasses a lot. Chess is fr genius. U can't be dull & play so well as they say he's done
ODIEGWU , e be like say you sabi better thing . Those wey dey focus only on the Boko Haram gist are negative minded . all i see is a Boy with great talent destined for greatness , could be the first Nigerian CHESS GRANDMASTER !! cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What My Wife Did Yesterday That Made Me Realize She's Special / What Is The Most Difficult Thing To Find In Life? / 10 Signs Your Child Is An Old Soul In A Young Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.