Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN (11589 Views)

My Experience With Kaios - A Long Term Review / Were You Compensated By MTN For Slow Data Speed? / Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by gogeekish(m): 4:47pm On Apr 15, 2019
Horlaarsco:
Can I see the whstapp pictures
I advice you check it on YouTube. Am now using iPhone 3GS
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by patriks005(m): 10:19pm On Jun 19, 2019
i want to sell my own off for 7k just bought it and i hate it already. i have had it for only 2days.

i stay in kaduna, any interested buyer should call me on 08033807627, and 08027696899.
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by madgoat(m): 11:03pm On Jun 19, 2019
patriks005:
i want to sell my own off for 7k just bought it and i hate it already. i have had it for only 2days.

i stay in kaduna, any interested buyer should call me on 08033807627, and 08027696899.

grin grin grin
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by fineboynl(m): 3:18am On Aug 11, 2019
JimmyCrow:
it has SD card slot, getting random phone storage almost full pop ups...I have a 4gb SD card in it so I'm thinking it could be the ram...the only app that can be uninstalled for now is the FB app. WhatsApp works well...phone lags a bit especially in contacts and file manager.
Using it as my 'nokia torch'

I'm satisfied though.
what internet browser can one use to browse on it?
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by gogeekish(m): 2:25pm On Aug 13, 2019
fineboynl:
what internet browser can one use to browse on it?
What is provided... Definitely not opera mini because it is not available there
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by Emmynation(m): 9:42am On Oct 04, 2019
lanre316:

I too want to ask that question.

Na 9k na. Check d post
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by Kojiek: 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2019
gogeekish:
I advice...check...YouTube. Am now using iPhone 3GS

Pls @ gogeekish, how can one get this iPhone 3GS, and at what price? Thanks!
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by jmaxjohn(m): 8:27am On Oct 30, 2019
gogeekish:
At MTN retail outlets, it is sold for N8000 but I bought this for N9000 at third party store.

Na you do yourself. Why you no but TECNOs or Nokias kaios phone?
You go buy one crappy brand from mtn. You dunno kaios is designed ground up for specific phone specs?
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by gogeekish(m): 12:52pm On Nov 01, 2019
jmaxjohn:

Na you do yourself. Why you no but TECNOs or Nokias kaios phone?
You go buy one crappy brand from mtn. You dunno kaios is designed ground up for specific phone specs?
When do you think Tecno produced their first KaiOS device?

Also, what price do you think Nokia KaiOS phone is sold?

MTN was first before Tecno. There was no alternative...
Nokia sold their own for N18000
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by Jameschizaram(m): 12:46pm On Dec 31, 2019
it also hang and close while browsing
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by Jameschizaram(m): 12:49pm On Dec 31, 2019
even my guy bought his own and he can ringtone but mine can't change i hate this phone my guy told me that they have itel type techno type and gionee type even other types am confused
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by LuciusX: 7:56am On Jan 20, 2020
It's 7,500. And it's been upgraded.
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by taretoofine(m): 10:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
Please can I get pocophone F1 replacement screen?
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by Night0307: 10:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
gogeekish:
Review to MTN Smart featured phone.. KaiOS.

KaiOS is a very fast emerging operating system that is born out of Firefox OS but heavily miniaturised to run on less hardware. It is said to be the third largest OS in the smartphone world and has overtook apple's iOS in India.

I have never done this before and I think there is need to write about my experience with KaiOS.
I have been a long term smartphone user (from Java, symbian, iOS, blackberry to android) and I have a primary device which is Xiaomi's PocoFone.

I needed a second phone for my personal line and I have never been the type of person that uses both SIM slot of their phones.
Using another android is a no no for me and anytime I tried using an iPhone as a secondary phone, I end up feeling like am stucking a good amount of money on something that is literally serving for regular calls and texting. Next thing is to sell it off. I also try standard featured phones but all my contacts are sync to Gmail and I can't copy and paste text using just featured phones. For that, I give out any such phone at hand.

Finally, I heard of KaiOS and its history. Back then, I smiled at the news and promised myself to have one on time because this was my perfect choice. I used "was" because things changed after using it.

Here comes MTN Smart-Featured phone capable of running WhatsApp. I bought it for N9000 because it ran out of stock, I had to buy it from a third party outlet.

After fully charged, I connected to WiFi and was prompt to perform OTA update which I did...

Here are my points about this device

Pros:
1. The battery is owesome, lasted for about 3 days on single charge. Did hotspot with the device for like 4 hours on H+

2. I love the ability to thether your Internet connection via USB and Hotspot.

3. I was able to import all my contacts from gmail to phone memory only.

4. It has FM, Torchlight, Bluetooth and Google Assistant which worked pretty well.

5. It has its own apps store. If am not mistaking, there are total number of 9 apps and 20 games in their appstore (KaiStore).

Although it doesn't multi task, WhatsApp messages still comes in after closing. No voice call feature in WhatsApp which is not a deal breaker for some.

Things changed after using it for a day. I decided not to use this phone anymore. I will be switching to iPhone 3GS which I want to buy as soon as possible (remember, its just for call and receive + contact syncing). Please don't misunderstanding me when I mentioned iPhone 3GS. I just don't like the fact that I was using iPhone 6 just to receive calls on my less active line.

Cons.
Here are the reason why I couldn't keep on with my KaiOS phone from MTN.

1. No contact synchronisation from accounts like Gmail, Hotmail, yahoo etc.

2. It lags ( not comparing it to smartphones but comparing it with regular Tecno phones like Tecno T473 and Java phones).

3. My number one turn off is the inability to copy text from editor. If I want to send you a contact, I will have to type out ythe phone number with my primary phone first.

4. I can't send contact to someone as SMS or via Bluetooth.

5. I can't set ringtone.

6. I can't block unwanted calls nor use filters for SMS.

7. I wasn't able to view images larger than 500KB from Gallary. Only via file Manger.

8. While using predictive T9 input method, it is not smart enough to capitalise after full stop or at the beginning of a new sentence.

9. When someone in my contact calls, it doesn't show the name despite saving their contacts. I keep guessing people call by voice. This one has got me going nut.

10. I have the unlock code but MTN didn't give the phone NCK input to get the device unlocked. Am stuck with MTN on SIM one only.

Although the OS is still new in the market, I hope to see improvement on the OS. Some important features are missing and for this. I am selling it off.
. Nice writeup, the phone is really great and frustrating at the same time, been using it 4 abt 9since january 4 to be precise, lost my phone last dec,s4 i bought it b4 buying an android(saving up 4 the r9pro, no more trassion in jesus name) the phone is cool and mad. Cool reasons Battery is gr8 so isfb whatsapp can view updates and you can browse with google app,
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by michlins(m): 7:29am On Jul 21, 2020
Please is there any Tecno or Nokia phone that's like this MTN phone. Something with 3G network and hotspot
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by Darkseid(m): 8:05am On Jul 21, 2020
michlins:
Please is there any Tecno or Nokia phone that's like this MTN phone. Something with 3G network and hotspot
Tecno T901 runs Kai OS
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by michlins(m): 8:11am On Jul 21, 2020
Darkseid:
Tecno T901 runs Kai OS
I have searched for this device and Google returned nothing. Can you please help me with pictures,spec and price of the phone. Thanks
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by Darkseid(m): 8:54am On Jul 21, 2020
michlins:
I have searched for this device and Google returned nothing. Can you please help me with pictures,spec and price of the phone. Thanks
https://www. jumia. com. ng/tecno-t901-2.4-3g-whatsapp-facebook-youtube-1900mah-black-45483232.html

Please remove the spaces after the dot
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by LordOfTheWeed: 9:25am On Jul 21, 2020
Night0307:
. Nice writeup, the phone is really great and frustrating at the same time, been using it 4 abt 9since january 4 to be precise, lost my phone last dec,s4 i bought it b4 buying an android(saving up 4 the r9pro, no more trassion in jesus name ) the phone is cool and mad. Cool reasons Battery is gr8 so isfb whatsapp can view updates and you can browse with google app,
The bolded gat me rolling on the floor grin grin grin
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by edoairways: 11:19am On Jul 21, 2020
michlins:
Yeah

Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by gogeekish(m): 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2020
taretoofine:
Please can I get pocophone F1 replacement screen?
Yes
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by taretoofine(m): 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2020
gogeekish:
Yes
Please how can I get it and price please
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by SweetBuns(f): 8:45pm On Aug 07, 2020
gogeekish:

Send me message on WhatsApp.

I have the screen in stock
You must feel Pretty OP for having the spare parts of your phone at your beck and call smiley
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by gogeekish(m): 7:12am On Aug 12, 2020
SweetBuns:

You must feel Pretty OP for having the spare parts of your phone at your beck and call smiley
I wish I could comprehend this.
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by patfenda(m): 1:31pm On Sep 22, 2020
hello,pls does anyone have the mtn smart phone here for sale in Lagos or ota,I need it urgently 09075367940
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by patfenda(m): 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2020
hi,does anyone have d mtn smart phone for sale here,Lagos or ota...I need it urgently... 09075367940
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by genius2b(m): 4:56am On Jan 26, 2021
Am thinking of tecno t901 to replace my itel it5081 java. What do you think?
Re: Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN by Akanimoh113(m): 6:22am On Jan 26, 2021
gogeekish:
Already a pocophone user. Having the best experience on mobile so far

This your phone go good for games oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Solar Charger For All Mobile Phones, Ipad, Ipod, Cameras Etc / My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan / How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.