Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps (27725 Views)

Whatsapp Is Temporarily Banning ‘gbwhatsapp’ Users / Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Whatsapp Plus / Download Gbwhatsapp Version 6.70 Apk For Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by PassiveNaira: 7:25am On Mar 18, 2019
Just as we heard our president was cloned with a Sudanese.

Please, we say no to cloning.
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Worksunlimited: 7:25am On Mar 18, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:
I can remember making a post about the dangers of using clone apps like GB Whatsapp and the rest now Whatsapp has released an official statement concerning users of these apps and you will have no Alternative but to switch to the regular app or else.

Using third-party Whatsapp applications like GB Whatsapp has become quite popular because of the features they offer. For example, you can disable the blue tick/secondary tick and even hide the fact that you are viewing other people’s Whatsapp stories, giving you the ability to stay anonymous on Whatsapp.

However, the dangers they pose are often ignored by a lot. For example, these platforms could secretly store your data and that doesn’t even cover everything!

WhatsApp has issued a warning against the continued use of clone apps like WhatsApp Plus and GB WhatsApp, citing security concerns as the primary reason. The Facebook-owned app will ban user accounts created in those clone platforms.

According to new reports, Whatsapp is set to ban accounts of users who have been using these third-party platforms.

Even though this is a temporary ban, Whatsapp didn’t specify how long the ban is going to last. However, reports claim that users would be advised to switch back to the supported Whatsapp version to lift the ban.

According to Whatsapp:

“If you received an in-app message stating your account is ‘Temporarily banned’ this means that you’re likely using an unsupported version of WhatsApp instead of the official app. You must download the official app to continue using WhatsApp.”

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2019/03/whatsapp-ban-gbwhatsapp.html

The official whatsapp app leaks data of it's users as well.. so what are they saying?

They should stop been hypocritical jere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Fuckyoumod: 7:27am On Mar 18, 2019
post=76753992:

Very Good development.
It is high time!
just see
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by yenereal(m): 7:27am On Mar 18, 2019
He's so jobless asf
kalvoken:

Na wa o.

This guy no get work ni

Check most of the topics on FP, he is just everywhere.
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by ignis: 7:27am On Mar 18, 2019
Please they should not try it because I am really enjoying my gb WhatsApp.
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by lenghtinny(m): 7:28am On Mar 18, 2019
Bad bad
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by seunlayi(m): 7:29am On Mar 18, 2019
Yowhatsapp or GB should just create a new brand and live continue
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Deicide: 7:30am On Mar 18, 2019
Gb whatsapp for life grin ban it and I'll stop using WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by MrImole: 7:30am On Mar 18, 2019
9jayes:
I'm not against it but they should improve the standard of it to that of GB and OG.

Sell or buy your funds from me at a juicy rate.
What's OG please and can one uses gb WhatsApp with WhatsApp plus?
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by 9jayes: 7:34am On Mar 18, 2019
MrImole:
What's OG please and can one uses gb WhatsApp with WhatsApp plus?
You can use the 3 of them simultaneously

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by centboy123456(m): 7:35am On Mar 18, 2019
Avedonn:
empty threat.
They've been saying this for years and nothing happen.
The clone version developers are and will always be one step ahead of WhatsApp.
Besides, how would they even know someone is using clone WhatsApp?

abi no mind them na so mouth they get
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:37am On Mar 18, 2019
Worksunlimited:

The official whatsapp app leaks data of it's users as well.. so what are they saying?

They should stop been hypocritical jere.

How?.. I'm pretty sure you have the right to sue whatsapp if your data is leaked but if someone using a 3rd party app has his data leaked do you think Whatsapp would care. The only thing is that the news headlines would say its whatsapp data that was leaked. Which brand would want that
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by MrImole: 7:38am On Mar 18, 2019
9jayes:

You can use the 3 of them simultaneously
Can I get the link where I can download the OG whatsapp please?
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by ticoticotico: 7:39am On Mar 18, 2019
It will affect mostly keyboard warriors
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by LOVEGINO(m): 7:43am On Mar 18, 2019
Then, they should upgrade.
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Goddyj(m): 7:45am On Mar 18, 2019
The truth is that, WhatsApp cannot ban GBWhatsapp.

This is because the basic codding used in creating the apps is one and the same.
Those extra features you find in GBWHATSAPP don't really make any changes to to basic roots of the original WhatsApp.
So in this case, it would be impossible to dictate which is clone; unless they start collecting people's phones to check the type of whatsapp they are using.
So my fellow GBWhatsapp rockers, have no fear cool

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Amberon11: 7:47am On Mar 18, 2019
Didn't even know about the clones.
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by khalhokage(m): 7:53am On Mar 18, 2019
If they don't ban me 1st I will not go back.
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by 9jayes: 7:55am On Mar 18, 2019
MrImole:
Can I get the link where I can download the OG whatsapp please?
Search for it on Google
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by eunisam: 7:55am On Mar 18, 2019
Whatsapp why naa! do try it oooh. gbwhatsapp is the best chatting app
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by sazycul: 7:56am On Mar 18, 2019
Bad belle
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:00am On Mar 18, 2019
Is it the original that doesn't store or sell your information? Is Facebook not having issues currently with how they use peoples data for economic gains

Anything you register online makes someone money

post=76753992:

Very Good development.
It is high time!
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by airsaylongcon: 8:05am On Mar 18, 2019
Make dem ban na. Dem go ban tire. As dem say dem stubborn we go show dem say we stubborn pass
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:06am On Mar 18, 2019
Which of the variants have these feature, gb or og

Felixalex:
Good

Even though they have some cool features, I have always been against those apps. There are a few things i detest about it, like the users can [b]actually set people not to be able to delete anything from them, even when u update ur status n delete it, they still see it for 24hrs, what if a kid mistakenly updated ur status with a picture that's meant to be private on ur fone [/b]n u noticed it n hurriedly deleted it, u still keep seeing people commenting on the pix...

Then ure chatting with someone, [b]they go offline n u see 'last seen: December 2013' wh[/b]at's that nonsense?

They should please start banning them right away
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 18, 2019
this one they wan begin dey ban people anyhow it's like they've appointed mynd44
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Ebukaozoude(m): 8:10am On Mar 18, 2019
post=76753992:

Very Good development.
It is high time!

This suya guy, always active in the day. Oh, I forgot you do your biz in the night
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Topmaike007(m): 8:15am On Mar 18, 2019
jaymejate:
I think they said this thing last year, two years ago, 3 years ago...

GB for life
if they ban me I leave WhatsApp totally

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 10T (65,400) Vs TECNO Spark 7p (60,900) Which Should U Buy? (photos) / Breaking: Video Calls Are Going Live In Whatsapp. Updated / NOVA Y70: Huawei Launches Its Entry-level Phone With The Longest Battery Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.