Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps (27679 Views)

Whatsapp Is Temporarily Banning ‘gbwhatsapp’ Users / Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Whatsapp Plus / Download Gbwhatsapp Version 6.70 Apk For Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Topmaike007(m): 8:16am On Mar 18, 2019
candlewax:
this one they wan begin dey ban people anyhow it's like they've appointed mynd44
lolz
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Topmaike007(m): 8:18am On Mar 18, 2019
Goddyj:
The truth is that, WhatsApp cannot ban GBWhatsapp.

This is because the basic codding used in creating the apps is one and the same.
Those extra features you find in GBWHATSAPP don't really make any changes to to basic roots of the original WhatsApp.
So in this case, it would be impossible to dictate which is clone; unless they start collecting people's phones to check the type of whatsapp they are using.
So my fellow GBWhatsapp rockers, have no fear cool
you have make my day awesome with your post,I no dey fear cheesy

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 18, 2019
grin every woman’s prayer
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Topmaike007(m): 8:33am On Mar 18, 2019
Deicide:
Gb whatsapp for life grin ban it and I'll stop using WhatsApp
I am with you on this one, Telegram here I come 100%
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by introvertme: 8:36am On Mar 18, 2019
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Starman007: 8:41am On Mar 18, 2019
kalvoken:

Na wa o.

This guy no get work ni

Check most of the topics on FP, he is just everywhere.
and u that u have work.... how did u know he's just everywhere... probably u don't have work too...
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by yusufmurry: 9:23am On Mar 18, 2019
Then @official WhatsApp should include all the exciting features the others have.

Me, I enjoy the anonymous feature in GB

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by kalvoken(m): 9:32am On Mar 18, 2019
Starman007:
and u that u have work.... how did u know he's just everywhere... probably u don't have work too...

Oga no be fight na, why you come carry the matter for head? Or are you one of his/her monicker?
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Felixalex(m): 9:40am On Mar 18, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
Which of the variants have these feature, gb or og

Both of dem. GB and Yo
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Kendrick80(m): 10:06am On Mar 18, 2019
kalvoken:

Na wa o.

This guy no get work ni

Hello,do u also deal in Aluminum foil/paper?
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by stevolution5: 10:49am On Mar 18, 2019
Kuku kill me na, cause if not for GB I would have ditched whatsapp long time ago, d feature s are just too interesting

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by IdeeEsperanza(m): 10:56am On Mar 18, 2019
yusufmurry:
Then @official WhatsApp should include all the exciting features the others have.

Me, I enjoy the anonymous feature in GB

Leave them! They're not banning any ish grin.
GBWhatsApp Rocks!
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by smartzee01: 11:04am On Mar 18, 2019
Please where can I download it I don't mind getting banned.
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by kalvoken(m): 11:20am On Mar 18, 2019
Kendrick80:

Hello,do u also deal in Aluminum foil/paper?

No. I specialized on windows, office partitions, doors and roofing. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by DealAgent: 12:29pm On Mar 18, 2019
Felixalex:
Good

Even though they have some cool features, I have always been against those apps. There are a few things i detest about it, like the users can actually set people not to be able to delete anything from them, even when u update ur status n delete it, they still see it for 24hrs, what if a kid mistakenly updated ur status with a picture that's meant to be private on ur fone n u noticed it n hurriedly deleted it, u still keep seeing people commenting on the pix...

Then ure chatting with someone, they go offline n u see 'last seen: December 2013' what's that nonsense?

They should please start banning them right away
stop hating bro
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Stephendeals: 12:33pm On Mar 18, 2019
Please where can i download this GB or enhanced whatsapp?

Is it on google app store?
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by SachaBastien(m): 12:34pm On Mar 18, 2019
When these third-party apps started out, WhatsApp used to ban users who installed them for 72hrs and upwards. After seeing that a sizeable number especially it's teeming youthful users had installed these apps, the ban stopped.
The reason WhatsApp has suddenly decided to resume banning users of modified WhatsApp app is because the company wants to launch adverts on WhatsApp. These modified apps can be easily made to block out these ads. WhatsApp is broke and needs a way out of it's financial crisis.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Chukwumagordian: 12:38pm On Mar 18, 2019
Please is WhatsApp Business included?
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Ozkar: 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2019
Avedonn:
empty threat.

They've been saying this for years and nothing happen.

The clone version developers are and will always be one step ahead of WhatsApp.

Besides, how would they even know someone is using clone WhatsApp?
if you were a mobile app developer, you'd have known it's among the easiest things to detect.

They have their reasons why they stopped banning, and it has nothing to with clone developers being smart. Anyone can easily build on an existing android app especially if they don't have to bother about the server and concurrency.

As long as the clone apps use the same whatsapp server, they can be banned, unbanned and rebanned at will by the whatsapp team.
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Ozkar: 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2019
Chukwumagordian:
Please is WhatsApp Business included?
no. WhatsApp Business is official.
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Adamidi(m): 1:00pm On Mar 18, 2019
lordraiden:
Make una no ban abeg...it helps me collect ppl status without stress...the gb is just cool
i tell ya my brother
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by bedfordng(m): 1:08pm On Mar 18, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Starman007: 4:32pm On Mar 18, 2019
kalvoken:

Oga no be fight na, why you come carry the matter for head? Or are you one of his/her monicker?
just feel like disturbing u buh everyone loves going against him
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by adebaba5: 6:15pm On Mar 18, 2019
kalvoken:

Na wa o.
This guy no get work ni

u wey dy see am for every topic. u get work
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by charlsecy(m): 7:49pm On Mar 18, 2019
samtin:
...why does someone has to be notified that another person viewed their profile or status. It's just another ridiculous way of telling them you are being stalked.
You can counter that using Privacy Settings. Besides, viewing a status is not stalking.
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by nani667: 9:04am On Mar 19, 2019
sad

Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Ejadike(m): 10:33am On Mar 24, 2019
I've never really fancied all these cloned apps. They dint appeal to me.
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Ejadike(m): 10:35am On Mar 24, 2019
samtin:
They should simply offer the services that users crave for. Instead of allowing third party apps to take the chance. For instance why does someone has to be notified that another person viewed their profile or status. It's just another ridiculous way of telling them you are being stalked. Absurd! undecided undecided
I agree with you jare.
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Ejadike(m): 10:36am On Mar 24, 2019
stevolution5:
Kuku kill me na, cause if not for GB I would have ditched whatsapp long time ago, d feature s are just too interesting
what are the features and where can one download it?
Re: Whatsapp Set To Ban Users Of Gbwhatsapp And Other Whatsapp Clone Apps by Konquest: 3:06am On Mar 25, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:
I can remember making a post about the dangers of using clone apps like GB Whatsapp and the rest now Whatsapp has released an official statement concerning users of these apps and you will have no Alternative but to switch to the regular app or else.

Using third-party Whatsapp applications like GB Whatsapp has become quite popular because of the features they offer. For example, you can disable the blue tick/secondary tick and even hide the fact that you are viewing other people’s Whatsapp stories, giving you the ability to stay anonymous on Whatsapp.

However, the dangers they pose are often ignored by a lot. For example, these platforms could secretly store your data and that doesn’t even cover everything!

WhatsApp has issued a warning against the continued use of clone apps like WhatsApp Plus and GB WhatsApp, citing security concerns as the primary reason. The Facebook-owned app will ban user accounts created in those clone platforms.

According to new reports, Whatsapp is set to ban accounts of users who have been using these third-party platforms.

Even though this is a temporary ban, Whatsapp didn’t specify how long the ban is going to last. However, reports claim that users would be advised to switch back to the supported Whatsapp version to lift the ban.

According to Whatsapp:

“If you received an in-app message stating your account is ‘Temporarily banned’ this means that you’re likely using an unsupported version of WhatsApp instead of the official app. You must download the official app to continue using WhatsApp.”

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2019/03/whatsapp-ban-gbwhatsapp.html

Brilliant post... someone was telling me to instal GB Whatsapp on my
mobile device as a better option to the mainstream Whatsapp but
I hesitated. I always trust my basic instincts.
grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of People Charging Phones / Mobile Phone Voice Changer Software Needed / "MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.