Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads (38621 Views)

Men Wearing Waist Beads; Yay Or Nay? (photo) / The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) / Bus Conductor Wearing Waist Beads In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by shakaranews: 11:35am On Mar 18, 2019
Lol
Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by allenpaul(m): 11:36am On Mar 18, 2019
I like it ,kind of obsessed with it a huge turn on

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by enemyofprogress: 11:37am On Mar 18, 2019
yettymuse:
My man thinks it's a distraction sef.. Dude is totally indifferent sef.. cheesy
so you don get man wey don dey look your waist and pant at your age?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by yvelchstores(f): 11:37am On Mar 18, 2019
I adore them. My own choice. Oga appreciates them too so it's all good in my world. Oya waka pass

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by MissRaine69(f): 11:37am On Mar 18, 2019
Anything unknown to a Nigerian the occult/devil/juju has to be attrtibuted to it. Rather than find out the old school way by reading assumptions are reached immediately.
Waists beads are used for the following
1. As a symbol of femininity and sensuality, only the partner a woman chooses would have the honor of seeing them fully.
2. As a sign that a woman had reached marriageable age and could now have suitors
3. Strung with bells, to show that a woman was still pure as at the time of marriage.
4. Worn on babies during naming ceremonies, some say; to accentuate their waistlines and hips as they grow.
5. As a weight measure; when gaining weight, the belt of the beads climb up and when you lose weight, it falls elegantly on the hips.
6. Upon addition of precious stones, waist beads denotes wealth historically if the husband was wealthy the wife would wear beads made from glass, precious stones and rare shells

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by acevic: 11:39am On Mar 18, 2019
I personally like it

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by MissRaine69(f): 11:39am On Mar 18, 2019
dukie25:
Waist beads are not really popular in Nigeria. However in Ghana, no respecting slay queen can be seen without one. I love it.
It’s not about “popularity”
It’s very much a culture and tradition thing
In East and Southern Africa it’s part of the culture

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by dukie25: 11:41am On Mar 18, 2019
MissRaine69:

It’s not about “popularity”
It’s very much a culture and tradition thing
In East and Southern Africa it’s part of the culture
But it use to be our culture too. My grandmother wore them.
Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by chibuike65: 11:41am On Mar 18, 2019
I like it though as your are banging the chain will be checking
Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by Bigii(m): 11:41am On Mar 18, 2019
I love waist beads so much choi cool

Quickly turn me ON and give me much strength to do more sh!t kiss

Any user here with fine waist should please PM me wink
Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by olisaEze(m): 11:44am On Mar 18, 2019
Omo c as crowd full for waist mata! I guess it must be purely education & research crowd here!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by Ugosample(m): 11:49am On Mar 18, 2019
kallmemrB:
Funny dude
The guy knows what's up
Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by Ugosample(m): 11:51am On Mar 18, 2019
MissRaine69:
Anything unknown to a Nigerian the occult/devil/juju has to to be attrtibuted to it. Rather than find out the old school way by reading assumptions are reached immediately.
Waists beads are used for the following
1. As a symbol of femininity and sensuality, only the partner a woman chooses would have the honor of seeing them fully.
2. As a sign that a woman had reached marriageable age and could now have suitors
3. Strung with bells, to show that a woman was still pure as at the time of marriage.
4. Worn on babies during naming ceremonies, some say; to accentuate their waistlines and hips as they grow.
5. As a weight measure; when gaining weight, the belt of the beads climb up and when you lose weight, it falls elegantly on the hips.
6. Upon addition of precious stones, waist beads denotes wealth historically if the husband was wealthy the wife would wear beads made from glass, precious stones and rare shells
exactly
I dig waist beads
Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by clems88(m): 11:53am On Mar 18, 2019
Had this argument with my colleague n some gels who work for us when we noticed them wearing waist beads .

No wonder we got attached to them.

Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by Nanatrendy(f): 11:55am On Mar 18, 2019
It's a normal thing in ghana only we wear it on our hips and under clothes, not meant to be seen in public. Mothers buy it for their girls when they are young, you wear it till you grow. During adolescence the beads are a reminder for the girl child to shave regular, if you leave your public hair it entangles with the beads, when you walk it pulls the hair and the pain is indescribable. Wearing waist beads also forces you to dress decently since its not suppose to be seen through clothes or outside your clothes, it prevents ladies from wearing tight clothes or clothes that exposes the waist line for this reason some ladies don't like wearing it since it restricts you or they may go for the tiny beads. It also helps to check your weight obviously if your waist beads is getting tighter it only means one thing. The last reason why ghanaian ladies like wearing it is because men love it, it's actually part of our traditional bride list during marriage, some actually hold on to it during sex, it's also a turn on for a lot of guys so if a girl child comes home with their waist beads broken it raises eyebrows probably why mothers like putting it on their girls.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by jamalnation(m): 11:59am On Mar 18, 2019
thats how i know olosho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by Siralgebra04(m): 12:04pm On Mar 18, 2019
yettymuse:
My man thinks it's a distraction sef.. Dude is totally indifferent sef.. cheesy
How does it sound when he's digging u? Like cha cha cha cha cha?
Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by tohyorsih(f): 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2019
enemyofprogress:
Ajepako, fatymore, Dominique, Folake 42, lankybaby, vickyrotex, funkeshugar and tohyorsih majekodunmi present sir

Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by allenpaul(m): 12:16pm On Mar 18, 2019
[color=#000099][/color]hello Nana I will like to talk to you privately I don't know how this pm's work buh I did send u one I will be in Ghana in May on holiday will like to meet with you,
Nanatrendy:
It's a normal thing in ghana only we wear it on our hips and under clothes, not meant to be seen in public. Mothers buy it for their girls when they are young, you wear it till you grow. During adolescence the beads are a reminder for the girl child to shave regular, if you leave your public hair it entangles with the beads, when you walk it pulls the hair and the pain is indescribable. Wearing waist beads also forces you to dress decently since its not suppose to be seen through clothes or outside your clothes, it prevents ladies from wearing tight clothes or clothes that exposes the waist line for this reason some ladies don't like wearing it since it restricts you or they may go for the tiny beads. It also helps to check your weight obviously if your waist beads is getting tighter it only means one thing. The last reason why ghanaian ladies like wearing it is because men love it, it's actually part of our traditional bride list during marriage, some actually hold on to it during sex, it's also a turn on for a lot of guys so if a girl child comes home with their waist beads broken it raises eyebrows probably why mothers like putting it on their girls.
Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by anonymuz(m): 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2019
westergood:
ileke idi grin grin grin
or bebe idi
Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by enemyofprogress: 12:25pm On Mar 18, 2019
[quote author=tohyorsih post=76762085][/quote]gbe body e
Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by anonymuz(m): 12:25pm On Mar 18, 2019
enemyofprogress:
Ajepako, fatymore, Dominique, Folake 42, lankybaby, vickyrotex, funkeshugar and tohyorsih majekodunmi present sir
is this one babalawo pant angry grin
Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by enemyofprogress: 12:27pm On Mar 18, 2019
anonymuz:
is this one babalawo pant angry grin
only tohyorsih the owner fit answer that question o
Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by tillaman(m): 12:28pm On Mar 18, 2019
Not the one with the cowries!! My niqqa that’s a No No
Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by TheAlchemist: 12:32pm On Mar 18, 2019
I believe some ladies wear it for fashion, some for protection if you know you know.
I once overhead a telephone conversation:

Lady: Alhaji my beads has cut

Surprised, that such a corporate looking lady would even be having such a conversation.
Not all beads worn by ladies are for fashion, some might be to ward off partners with std, for protection from rapist or to attract rich men etc.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by PinkDick(m): 12:33pm On Mar 18, 2019
Following....
Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by deby67: 12:35pm On Mar 18, 2019
its kind of a normal thing with most ladies
Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by RexTramadol1: 12:38pm On Mar 18, 2019
I hate it die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by foster212: 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2019
Na normal thing for Ghanaian girls.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by mgdimagaladima(m): 12:46pm On Mar 18, 2019
DNA9:
I heard it's for lesbians.or abi na lie?
U are right.... All the girls that wears waist bead or leg bead are lesbians
That's how them dey Identify them selves

Why they go say dey use it to check it they are adding or not
Why they no go use tailoring Tape?

What I know is that : that bead is not ordinary

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads by naughtyvirgo001(m): 12:46pm On Mar 18, 2019
Met a lady that claimed she will never get pregnant wearing it no matter the amount of spam donated and she claimed her mother did it for her, also met another who claimed hers was done for her because she's an abiku and the bead was done by an herbalist for her nt to die again nd she will die if it is removed nd u tell me its not juju. Ran for ma life in both cases anyway

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peace Mildred Ehiguese Wins Miss Nigeria 2017 (Photos) / Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? / 10 Most Expensive Wrist Watches Nigerians May Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.