Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? (27873 Views)

Pawpaw Seeds Still Remain The Best Cure To Chronic Typhoid Fever / What Is The Best Cure For Eczema And Black Spots / How To Use Scent Leaves (efinrin) As Cure For Malaria | Daily Family NG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by ayesco202(m): 2:34am On Mar 19, 2019
Help us find Akin! embarassed

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by kayalla(f): 2:46am On Mar 19, 2019
finnestdope:
Please I'm asking this for a friend.

To the doctors and health practitioners we have here, how can one end sleepless nights?

I met this friend recently (a girl actually) on a WhatsApp group chat. It was 1am and I was bored by what I was doing so I started replying to the messages in the group chat. This girl replied too and I jokingly asked her why she was still awake at that time, she didn't seem so comfortable to answer the question in the group chat so we went private.

She explained that for over 5 years now she doesn't sleep at night. I was moved cos I'm the type that value sleep a lot.

Please what can she do to start sleeping again? According to her, she has taken so many medications yet to no avail. What could be a lasting solution to this.

She is not my girlfriend please, I'm just concerned and trying to help

Your opinions are highly appreciated.
Thanks

In case I made mistakes in my grammar, please pardon me.

right now am downloading the "sound of rainfall and thunder storm" from youtube, i heard it helps in mediation and good rest/sleep, she can listen to it while reading or meditating. it should help somehow i guess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Meristem: 2:50am On Mar 19, 2019
OBVIOUSLY, the lady's problem is ADDICTION TO ELECTRONIC GADGETS. INSOMNIA is the symptom, not the problem.

I can't type all the advice she needs here. But she can get professional help on this. The problem is bigger than she thinks. Thank you.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Danja: 2:55am On Mar 19, 2019
Let her boil a whole banana at night and drink the water when it is cold down.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by coretechng1(m): 2:56am On Mar 19, 2019
finnestdope:

I've not heard of this but I'll pass the info

Thanks
it works.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by goat22: 2:58am On Mar 19, 2019
Eat hot beans and hold the mess from coming out.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Ecorleon(m): 3:05am On Mar 19, 2019
Let her see a psychiatrist to diagnose the cause of her insomnia. There are underlying factors that needed to be addressed and once that is taken care of, her sleep will improve. She could be passing through an episode of clinical anxiety.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by chiedu7: 3:13am On Mar 19, 2019
finnestdope:

To the doctors and health practitioners we have here, how can one end sleepless nights?

I met this friend recently (a girl actually) on a WhatsApp group chat. It was 1am and I was bored by what I was doing so I started replying to the messages in the group chat. This girl replied too and I jokingly asked her why she was still awake at that time, she didn't seem so comfortable to answer the question in the group chat so we went private.

She explained that for over 5 years now she doesn't sleep at night. I was moved cos I'm the type that value sleep a lot.

Please what can she do to start sleeping again? According to her, she has taken so many medications yet to no avail. What could be a lasting solution to this.

Thanks

When ur ready to sleep down a bottle of strong wine.
make sure ur near bed.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by GeneralB: 3:19am On Mar 19, 2019
One of these must work if she use at night before lights out, thank me later grin grin
Promathazine tab or injection, emzolyn with codeine syrup or expectorant, Diezapame, Rophienol.

The only problem is that it could be addictive and cause more harm than the present insomnia.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by echodrum(m): 3:31am On Mar 19, 2019
To cure insomnia, you have to determine the cause. Once you find out the cause it will be easier to find the solution.
Stress, substance abuse, or any other life styles like over using of phone during night time.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by nadiq1: 3:32am On Mar 19, 2019
There are several underlying factors that can cause inability to sleep or even sleep well (Insomnia). How is her mental health? Depression, anxiety, ptsd, and even some general medical conditions, medications, and habits can also cause insomnia. She needs to go in for evaluation.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by nadiq1: 3:34am On Mar 19, 2019
If she can find it, Melatonin works great! It is natural, non addictive, and can be bought without prescription.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by konkonbilo(m): 3:35am On Mar 19, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Tell her to put 3 or 4 garlic under her pillow n place her head on it and sleep, it's a natural n an old way to actually activate sleep.

Thank me later
seriously? I'm having same issue too. Mine is even more than 5 years. I wake up in the middle of the night and won't be able to sleep for hours even if my phone is off.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by vickthourh(m): 3:35am On Mar 19, 2019
Tell her to get original codeine,just two tablespoon in the evening...
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by PotatoSalad(m): 3:36am On Mar 19, 2019
The replies killed me grin
As someone who has insomnia due to changed lifestyle, what you need to do...
1. Have sex or beat your meat. Sorry to say but it works faster than all remedies for insomnia.
2. Take a long walk in the evening or do some exercises
3. Have big money in your account. You'll sleep comfortably
4. Stay away from caffeine
5. Take 1 piriton tablet. You'll wake up at 1pm grin

These worked for me although I choose to sleep whenever I want

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by konkonbilo(m): 3:38am On Mar 19, 2019
ladyF:
I’ve been in this situation for years. Whatever she does, she shouldn’t use medication, else it will get to a point where the drug becomes like chalk, no effect. Then she begins to look for something stronger. I’ve been here cry

Evening workouts will help. Drinking a lot of juice and water during the day is good too.

She can try ASMR videos on YouTube as well to relax her mind when she’s physically ready for bed. She’d need good earphones. This is what I’m using currently, works like magic for me.

Im still battling my own insomnia although it is much better. Let me try and sleep now before 4 am will meet me here grin
I think I'll start trying the evening work out...
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by freemi(m): 4:02am On Mar 19, 2019
LamidicownuBSS:

Boko Haram invade Michika again this night, the entire town set ablaze, all soldiers run away.

God help us we northern nigeria
is that were u live?
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by alakhumeorobo: 4:24am On Mar 19, 2019
Beet root and ginger all juice will make you sleep like like a baby. It also takes care of high blood pressure and makes you dick very well. Thank me later

Warm bath and warm tea at night before bed is another solution

Long walk or strolling round befor taking warm bath at night also help
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by felixawe(m): 4:25am On Mar 19, 2019
Wash either bitter leaves and or mistletoe for drinking.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by tohyorsih(f): 4:30am On Mar 19, 2019
Oluwasaeon:

Aunty nawa for you ooo
na real wa.. we Nigerians and religion ehn! smh
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Lovelife433(m): 4:34am On Mar 19, 2019
mastubate, It will help alot. That flows of rush worm flood from u will reset ur system. u can thank me later.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by affinity77(m): 4:40am On Mar 19, 2019
It's very simple. Depending on her location. Let her go for meridian body massage. Insomnia will be a thing of the past. I'm a living witness. Dm me for more info
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by genieplus86(f): 4:46am On Mar 19, 2019
Practice MINDFULNESS. Meditation. Even if you are a Christian or Moslem. Use your scriptures. And try simple breathing techniques. It will put you to sleep easily. Live for the moment because true happiness is found in "momeny".
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by dapsin999(m): 4:48am On Mar 19, 2019
Using Essential Oils and Aromatherapy.
This is a natural way to help with Insomnia.
Check out @aromapalace on IG or www.aromapalaceng.com.
Thank me later.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Benekruku(m): 4:50am On Mar 19, 2019
Heroine
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Jolite(m): 4:55am On Mar 19, 2019
finnestdope:

I've not heard of this but I'll pass the info

Thanks
The honey mentioned by that nairalander is giving me the believe that he knows little to the solution,cos even now am experiencing same health challange.

But mine is said to be caused by ''Ulcer of the stomach, it could cause sleepless night,short breath,sleep but only some few hours. When the food eaten before sleep goes against it,it's the worst.

So, let her try the method and see or she should try 'Danacid Asad' liquid.It's in the phamarcy.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Doctorwhite(m): 5:00am On Mar 19, 2019
Sorry to hear about your friend condition.
First, she needs to meet a psychiatrist for advice.
Secondly, she will also try to avoid noising environment which might contribute to distress when sleeping.
Thirdly, she needs to take cup of milk with out tea every 9:pm daily before going to bed
Lastly, avoid thinking. [color=#006600][/color]

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Jolite(m): 5:03am On Mar 19, 2019
kayalla:

right now am downloading the "sound of rainfall and thunder storm" from youtube, i heard it helps in mediation and good rest/sleep, she can listen to it while reading or meditating. it should help somehow i guess
common shut up, you fool,you think everything is joke?when some one is on serious issue all this 'neigbour to neigbour ASHAWO will be mentioning nonsense.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Jolite(m): 5:07am On Mar 19, 2019
goat22:
Eat hot beans and hold the mess from coming out.
your name said it all, you are even a pig
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by DonroxyII: 5:15am On Mar 19, 2019
finnestdope:

Thanks

exercise .... I think .... she should exercise ..... press ups , sit ups, jogging on a treadmill etc... this brings fatigue and can induce sleep!
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Dchosenmhi(m): 5:15am On Mar 19, 2019
call me if you don't mind 08083116344
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Nobody: 5:15am On Mar 19, 2019
Weed + good sex

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Seyyed Mohammad Mirmohammadi Dies From Coronavirus / Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! / Pregnant Woman Shows Her Flexibility In Maternity Shoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.