Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Oyo State Remains The Political Headquarters Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Remains The Political Headquarters Of Nigeria (556 Views)

Nuhu Ribadu Visits The Headquarters Of SSS and NIA. / DSS Raids Headquarters Of EFCC, Carts Away Sensitive Documents- SaharaReporters / Rivers State Remains A Christian State, Wike Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oyo State Remains The Political Headquarters Of Nigeria by Oai007(m): 11:06am On Mar 18, 2019
Winning elections in oyo state is not a small thing. I read in a news, saraki telling newsmen that he was rigged out, I shook my head, I now wished he is from oyo state,upon all the years he had used in power, we would have ended his political career long time ago here in oyo state. All the likes of David Mark, ekweremadu, let them keep thanking God they are not from oyo state.
When adelabu adebayo was aspiring to be governor, he was on high spirit, he went on donating money in millions, I look and pity him, I muttered, has this one never heard the story of oyo state especially ibadan, here we don't care, we don't give a shit, you are only going to waste money, elections are not won like that here.
Ajimobi remains the only governor in oyo state to complete two good terms, people focused too much on him that they forgot Teslim Folarin. Teslim Folarin is the only senator in oyo state that used 8 years and reelected, the reason is that Ajimobi is the main focus. Congratulations to him. As popular and loved as ladoja is, he never got a second term. Almighty Adedibu didn't last for 10years. Even Adedibu's son(kamorudeen) lost reelection.
Now let me take you through the numbers of high profile politicians that fell:
1}olatoye sugar{may his soul rest in perfect peace}:: this a very popular politician here, everyone keep saying he would be reelected surely
He didn't even come second.
2}monsurat sumonu ::she is representing oyo center, a close family of alaafin oyo. The good news is that she didn't even come second.
3}hon. Abiodun awoleye dada
4}hon. Fijabi
5}Alao Akala
6}sen. Soji Akanbi
And many more uncountable.
FACT YOU SHOULD KNOW::ALL THE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY MEMBERS EXCEPT LIKE THREE MEMBERS ARE ALL NEWS MEMBERS.
I would have loved to show you how elections are protected in oyo state, and you would actually shake your head. If you wish to see it. Search for my group on Facebook {SAGESLAND TRENDS}.
Lest I forget. Seyi makinde should not rejoice much, second term might not be guaranteed. Let him try his best and leave the rest
Re: Oyo State Remains The Political Headquarters Of Nigeria by pup5: 11:08am On Mar 18, 2019
says who ?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Run-offs: Abdulsalami Panel Meets Parties, INEC As Police Tighten Securityrun-of / Understanding Campbell And His Corrupt Mindset On Nigeria By Philip Agbese / Admission: ECWA School Of Nursing General Nursing Admission Form For 2019/2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.