Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) (61410 Views)

10 Key Impacts To Expect From Dangote’s Diesel Price Cut To N1,000 / Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 / Labourer Won A Saloon Car From Dangote (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by Felixv: 8:21pm On Mar 18, 2019
Fuckyoumod:
Dangote said he will sell refined oil to Nigerians at international price.

Now my question is where will the oil he will be refining come from?

Will Dangote import crude oil?

The world is awash with crude oil - the US alone is taking in billions and set to overtake SA as the largest exporter of oil.

Dangote’s refinery is a lifesaver for us and we should be greatful. For those who are talking about electric cars - please dream on. The world is not ready for them, Teslas are still very expensive and the hybrids lack the horsepower of challenge the non-hybrid cars.

And the appetite for refined products is still very high.

2 Likes

Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by trippla01(m): 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2019
Sincerely I don't blame Dangote for siting it far from raw material because we know them over there... besides it's still within reach... God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by cesareborgia(m): 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2019
Lagos has oil, and Dangote has already bit some oil wells close to ibeju,.

1 Like

Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by erico2k2(m): 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2019
kayfra:

The wise ones cashed in on the stones before the stone age ended. The fact that we are transitioning from oil doesn't mean you shouldn't make make hay at sunset. Besides, there are tons of product from crude oil that aren't fuel related.

Sense is required
Apart from Petrol and heavy Oils, everything else from Crude Oils is bye product,
Sense is really required!
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by erico2k2(m): 8:39pm On Mar 18, 2019
trippla01:
Sincerely I don't blame Dangote for siting it far from raw material because we know them over there... besides it's still within reach... God bless Nigeria
I don't think Dangote has any plan to get Oil frm the ND, he would have to buy from the world market.cos if he pipes Oil from the ND that would be a waste of money!
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by erico2k2(m): 8:41pm On Mar 18, 2019
Felixv:

The world is awash with crude oil - the US alone is taking in billions and set to overtake SA as the largest exporter of oil.

Dangote’s refinery is a lifesaver for us and we should be greatful. For those who are talking about electric cars - please dream on. The world is not ready for them, Teslas are still very expensive and the hybrids lack the horsepower of challenge the non-hybrid cars.

Are you serious about Hybrid cars?I take it you have not seen the BMW,Audi,Merc and Range rover hybrids hence you are talking like this.
The Tesla is getting cheaper, way cheaper, we even have Nissan Leaf which is very cheap

1 Like

Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by erico2k2(m): 8:42pm On Mar 18, 2019
maoolakanm:
IT PAIN YOU? .YOUR PEOPLE ARE MILITANTS. NO ONE WILL COME AND INVEST SO MUCH MONEY AMONG SOME LUNATICS.
If only You know ahaha
Do you know howmuch a Soldier needs to bribe the Oga at the top in order to be deployed to the Creek??
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by grandstar(m): 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2019
OkunrinOloro:
In the long term a collosal waste of money.

China, India and Germany have already announced that by the year 2030 which is just 11 years away, they would have fully done away with the use of cars which run on fossil fuels.

Indeed, Sheikh Zaki Yamani, a former Saudi oil minister, once said, “The stone age came to an end not for a lack of stones, and the oil age will end, but not for a lack of oil.”

But Nigerians have never been known for long term strategic thinking or planning.

You guys will suffer the consequences of poor leadership very soon.

Obailala

Oil will always be needed.

Even if China and many countries achieve fuelless cars, India will be a massive market in the future and many emerging countries that are part of the Next11

Also, anytime the price of oil drops, demand increases creating new insatiable demand for it even when the price rises.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by erico2k2(m): 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:

Okunrinoloro is blind at petrochemical components of the project. This same refinary might end up producing fertilizer for the continent, ethanol, methane distillation butane distillation etc
If the world stopped using petrol today in powering automobile, most of the refinaries will be converted to fertilizer and chemical blending plants.
Crude will also be used for collateral products that will benefit mankind.
They wont make money, [size=8pt][/size]Petrol and Diesel plus kerosine and Heavy Oils are the main deal when it comes to crude Oil refining.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by erico2k2(m): 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2019
chemgee:

My guy I used to share this same view with you, until dangote kinda "brunt" his fingers in the tomatoes paste factory and his Noddle's adventure. Maybe he can't just compete except the government his on his side
This is very true, One day we might just wake up to realise successive government always aid this guy. In a level playing field, there would be loads of competitors in importing of bulk cement, sugar and other everyday commodities.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by erico2k2(m): 8:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
olugabbie:
Your so called 'BOYZ' wont allow individuals, private organisation or the govt to establish such huge project in south south. U pple should continue to hail d militants n d cultists in south south. You wil kip loosing big project lik dz to the south west.
come to Koko and see what's going on there
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by almayda: 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2019
Obviously a lot of these flat heads ain't happy about this news,hey but who cares,we they progressives are.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by Reference(m): 9:01pm On Mar 18, 2019
OkunrinOloro:

China, India and Germany have already announced that by the year 2030 which is just 11 years away, they would have fully done away with the use of cars which run on fossil fuels.

Indeed, Sheikh Zaki Yamani, a former Saudi oil minister, once said, “The stone age came to an end not for a lack of stones, and the oil age will end, but not for a lack of oil.”

But Nigerians have never been known for long term strategic thinking or planning.

We are already at sea. What is the difference betwern imprisonment and incarceration mbok.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by Spallanzani: 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2019
OkunrinOloro:

You are not totally correct, fossil energy will still be a major source of fuel in many years to come. Renewable energy only forms 4% of the total energy used worldwide. The demography hasn't changed over a decade. Renewable energy cannot muscle out fossil in 50 years to come.

1 Like

Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by olioxx(m): 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2019
OkunrinOloro:

You have said it all.
I need to leave Nigeria. We lack vision in this country.
That $12b he spent is enough to build a 7500MW - 8500MW of hydropower plant that can power a large area of Lagos and in turn will yield good revenue, since the world is going "electric". 40% of cars in Norway are electric cars.

1 Like

Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by olioxx(m): 9:24pm On Mar 18, 2019
Spallanzani:

You are not totally correct, fossil energy will still be a major source of fuel in many years to come. Renewable energy only forms 4% of the total energy used worldwide. The demography hasn't changed over a decade. Renewable energy cannot muscle out fossil in 50 years to come.
Hmm... Lets watch and see. I hope you know of the Three Gorge Dam in China and the Turucui Dam in Brazil, I know that China is not slowing down in building renewable energy technology. Sweden generates a good chunk of energy from WTE plants. 80% of energy in Iceland is renewable, from their vast geothermal energy. Norway produce 98% of their energy from hydro power plant.
My point is, fossil fuel will still be used, but the consumption rate will fall, and so the monetary value MIGHT fall as well. The world is going "electric".
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 18, 2019
dante0147:

Lagos is an oil producing state they control five oil wells called the Aje Oil Wells... that is where crude oil will be moved from and transported through the oil pipelines to Dangote refinery ...
Lol, u are very funny, that's like the biggest refinery in Africa and one of the biggest in the world, Lagos cannot produce any reasonable thing for dangote, but not too worry, dangote is also investing in South South and has made plans already for crude to be supplied to his refinery from pH and warri.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by 9jaRealist: 9:26pm On Mar 18, 2019
Fuckyoumod:
Dangote said he will sell refined oil to Nigerians at international price.

Now my question is where will the oil he will be refining come from?

Will Dangote import crude oil?

You do know that all Nigerian oil is sold at international prices? shocked

There is nothing like “local price” for crude oil, but the corrupt stupidity that your government has embarked upon for years (if not decades) is to export crude, buy the finished products at international prices (sustaining foreign refineries and foreign workers in the process), and then use money that would be better spent on education and healthcare to subsidize the relatively small population of car owners. Interesting that diesel which is the primary product used for haulage in Nigeria is NOT subsidized (and neither is kerosene that is cooking fuel for many households), but yet Nigeria spends much more than its COMBINED education and healthcare budgets on the corrupt petroleum “subsidy” regime.

A foolproof prescription for commercial failure is to sell your goods at below the cost of production (wherher akara balls or gasoline). Nonetheless, if the government believes there is a social good for cheap petrol, it should DIRECTLY bear the cost of subsidization itself and not pass it on to PRIVATE businesses (as has been done with disastrous consequences on the still-born Electric Power sector privatization).
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by dante0147: 9:32pm On Mar 18, 2019
charliboy654:

Lol, u are very funny, that's like the biggest refinery in Africa and one of the biggest in the world, Lagos cannot produce any reasonable thing for dangote, but not too worry, dangote is also investing in South South and has made plans already for crude to be supplied to his refinery from pH and warri.

Lol it’s you who is funny.. you think an oil well is like a bore hole well ?
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2019
olioxx:

Hmm... Lets watch and see. I hope you know of the Three Gorge Dam in China and the Turucui Dam in Brazil, I know that China is not slowing down in building renewable energy technology. Sweden generates a good chunk of energy from WTE plants. 80% of energy in Iceland is renewable, from their vast geothermal energy. Norway produce 98% of their energy from hydro power plant.
My point is, fossil fuel will still be used, but the consumption rate will fall, and so the monetary value MIGHT fall as well. The world is going "electric".
Do u know u can get up to 6000 thousand by-product from crude apart from fuel for producing energy they're lots of other products, dangote is not just building a refinery he is building a fertilizer plant as well. These fertilizers are by-product from the crude, bitumen, carbon black and many other products can be gotten from crude.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by chemgee: 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2019
JOMAX:

Based on comparative quality and other factors the noodles failed I dare say but what happened to the tomatoes. I really want to know
https://www.nairaland.com/4500631/why-dangote-closed-tomato-factory

1 Like

Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by kayfra: 9:39pm On Mar 18, 2019
olioxx:

You have said it all.
That $12b he spent is enough to build a 7500MW - 8500MW of hydropower plant that can power a large area of Lagos and in turn will yield good revenue, since the world is going "electric". 40% of cars in Norway are electric cars.

It's his money. Let him spend it however he pleases. Why don't you tell Ibeto to build a hydro power plant?

Jeez

1 Like

Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 18, 2019
dante0147:

Lol it’s you who is funny.. you think an oil well is like a bore hole well ?
U really don't know anything, I have worked in warri refinery, we have reservoir supplying kaduna from warri not to talk of Lagos, also ship will be use to transfer crude from warri to Lagos. I heard dangote bought some part of warri port not too sure yet.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by chemgee: 9:42pm On Mar 18, 2019
Felixv:

the US used to be one of our biggest buyers, No thanks to Shale technology, now they refine about 8X our capacity, plus oil discoveries in more countries will make it a buyer's market in the nearest future.
when I tell people it's like I'm speaking French.

1 Like

Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by grandstar(m): 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2019
OkunrinOloro:

Obailala

Oil will always be needed.

Even if China and many countries achieve fuelless cars, India will be a massive market in the future and many emerging countries that are part of the Next11

Also, anytime the price of oil drops, demand increases creating new insatiable demand for it even when the price rises.[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by 9jaRealist: 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2019
chemgee:
My guy I used to share this same view with you, until dangote kinda "brunt" his fingers in the tomatoes paste factory and his Noddle's adventure. Maybe he can't just compete except the government his on his side

Dangote sold his noodles business to Indomie at a tidy profit!

Meanwhile, can you please show us any Nigerian local tomato paste plant that has been long-term profitable? The Nigerian paste production sector will NEVER be viable so long as cheap imports from China are dumped into the market. That’s pretty much the same circumstance that destroyed Nigeria’s textile industry that had several hundred producers and employed about ONE MILLION NIGERIANS directly and indirectly.

erico2k2:

This is very true, One day we might just wake up to realise successive government always aid this guy. In a level playing field, there would be loads of competitors in importing of bulk cement, sugar and other everyday commodities.

Nigeria should NOT be importing bulk cement, PERIOD!

Thankfully, thanks to the likes of Dangote Cement, BUA and even foreign companies like LaFarge, Nigeria has moved from reportedly the world’s second-largest importer of cement (reportedly behind only the US), with a virtual amarda of cement-ladened ships clogging the seas of the Lagos ports and collecting millions of dollars in demurrage to an exporter of cement.

Nonetheless, there is adequate competition in Nigeria in cement, where the biggest global multinational producers (Blue Circle, LaFarge, Holcim, Scancem, Heidelberg, etc.) have been anchored in the Nigerian market since the 1950s/60s, well before Dangote ignited his first kiln, as well as local producers such as BUA Group and (now he has sort out his issues with Ebonyi State) Ibeto Group.

In Sugar, there are very strong deep-pocketed domestic competitors in Nigeria, such the BUA Group that has some of the most modern plants in Africa, as well as Flour Mills of Nigeria’s Golden Penny Sugar subsidiary. There is no area that Dangote is currently involved in that can be rationally said to be closed to competition (eg, there were 28 private refinery licenses issued BEFORE Dangote’s).
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by 9jaRealist: 10:17pm On Mar 18, 2019
olioxx:
You have said it all.

Please! Nigerians do not want to pay market prices (cost-reflective tariffs) for the 4000MW currently being distributed (which is why a reported 2000MW generating capacity remained “stranded”).
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by olugabbie(m): 10:40pm On Mar 18, 2019
U cant compare watever is goin on in koko with dangote refinery. Its d biggest project in Nigeria now.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by Bromoney: 11:18pm On Mar 18, 2019
I think you are one of those fellows which blame goverments for not being rich, tell me does the average rich young man worth tens of millions in account share this same point of view with you?

Dangote is a business man, he is not ur president or senate, he is not responsible for you.

If he opens it and by 2030 china finally creates your fueless cars, how long will that take Nigerians to drop all their fuel cars to your water and syrup.

Another ten or twenty?
Before then has he not made 100times his imput of capital? Has he not atleast fed thousands of mouths he employed? Who says he wont quickly as a buiness man transform that rifinary to something.

I am sure you were not born when nigeria took the path they are going now, and I am sure you will habe growj old and died and they will still be there, but it will be a shame if you were born poor and die poor or rather a little bit average because u spent 70% of your time blaming and hating goverment and 30% eating the liabilities you acquired while he? Will die and leave all his assets to his generation..

Wise up.... We came to these world to trade..
OkunrinOloro:
Cash in on what sunset? Dwindling revenues? Failure to diversify your economic portfolio after 50+ years of independence? Even when it was boom time how did you profit?
Sense is indeed needed, but not where you think.

Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by shegra58: 11:50pm On Mar 18, 2019
OkunrinOloro:

Do you think dangote does not know about this if it is true or you even think you know more more than him? I was once told that poor man always have idea but not resources to utilize it
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by Babysho(m): 12:50am On Mar 19, 2019
kayfra:

Environmental impact? Are you kidding? All the countries with refineries don't consider or do EIAs? Lmao

Derivatives of crude oil (as varied and diverse as they are) will always be researched. Just like alternatives to everything is equally researched. Doesn't mean you handicap ypur economy and not produce and export what you can sell while you can sell it. Not rocket science

I understand his views but he's not fully understanding economics. Africa is a large market and as far as development is concerned, they are far from it. The need for petrochemicals would forever be existent in Africa and some parts of Asia. Dangote is going to make a lot of money but he's also doing Africa a favour. What do you think?
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by Konquest: 1:05am On Mar 19, 2019
AutoReportNG2:
Talk of a man who sees opportunity in strange and dangerous places in Africa, the name Dangote may be within the first 10. Dangote, the richest man in Africa is leaving no stones unturned in making sure that the Dangote Refinery comes to actualization and this time, very soon. Dangote is known as a guru in household items like sugar, salt, cement, noodles and lots more. This time, the billionaire is spreading his tentacles to oil and gas.

While there have been mixed feelings in the sector over the actualization of this dream and if this refinery won't be delay due to the Nigerian factor, the Executive Director Devakumar Edwin, who oversees the project, described the suggestion that the refinery is unlikely to start production until 2022 as the product of “someone’s wild imagination”.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-fru4EWTh3AQ/XI-baIcdvwI/AAAAAAAAZXo/uJMAubVpIVQb7KijU3Os3frYD85b1nnAgCLcBGAs/s1600/Dangote_Refinery_Lagos_004_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

“Ninety-five percent of engineering has been completed, 90 percent of procurement has been completed.” “We started civil works in July last year and we have scheduled 2-1/2 years for mechanical completion,” he said, referring to the point where a plant is ready to be handed over for commissioning.

Aliko Dangote himself had said he hoped to finish building the refinery, which will cost between $12-14 billion in 2019 and to start production in early 2020.

AutoReportNG got some exclusive images and videos from the construction sites and we noticed some giant construction ongoing at the site, they are so massive that ordinary cameras either phone or traditional ones cannot capture its magnificent except drones. It will be a miracle if National Geographic didn't feature this on its documentary channel. Base on the images, we saw that the Temp. Pier & Underwater Pipe Lines Construction is underway about reaching its conclusion, we also a gigantic distillation component. It is learned that the component is one of the biggest in the world as the refinery is billed to start producing petroleum and allied products later this year.

The 650,000 barrel per day (bpd) refinery near Lagos, is Africa’s biggest and is expected to turn Nigeria from an importer of refined products into an exporter, transforming global trade patterns.

These are images and videos AutoReportNG got for you.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-aV0VgQVteyY/XI-bZCNyKqI/AAAAAAAAZXc/HzhUehwEk_EK971sv_EZX7TWtmBORA-jgCLcBGAs/s1600/Dangote_Refinery_Lagos_002_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-ewV0cjmmYbY/XI-bZS-1jJI/AAAAAAAAZXk/0BRZsv_l2YQSYMGYDMil5y-t_B0VJKlnQCLcBGAs/s1600/Dangote_Refinery_Lagos_001_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-VbbyD3BdliE/XI-bage5VdI/AAAAAAAAZXw/vIGI4u3GxdoVWmijsYSznF2csrToKBm_wCLcBGAs/s1600/Dangote_Refinery_Lagos_006_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Satelliate Images

[img]https://1.bp..com/-eREMs6hVMp0/XI-fp6T7pHI/AAAAAAAAZYM/FKM29df01TI8d0VoUwRa9-rIducq8q3SQCLcBGAs/s1600/Dangote_Refinery_Lagos_Plant_002_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-daswcQ4t3-Q/XI-frVPnzVI/AAAAAAAAZYU/FqH73yv49mgo_99uPFJUae-WEKzznW3vgCLcBGAs/s1600/Dangote_Refinery_Lagos_Plant_005_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

A well-detailed video of the work done so far...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REsgrHcg0p8

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/03/lastest-update-from-dangote-refinery.html

Magnificent... grin

Just a quick observation. Because cars in some countries
are transiting to alternative sources of energy or fuel
does not mean that the Petrochemical industry will be
obsolete.

Petrochemical plants actually need a lot of liquified
petroleum gas as raw materials and the demand in China, India,
and the rest of the world is growing exponentially.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Pencil Factory's Ready, Pics Of The Factory & Pencils Produced / We Are Investigating MMM Ponzi Scheme — EFCC / Ladipo Market Finally Demolished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.