Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) (61411 Views)

10 Key Impacts To Expect From Dangote’s Diesel Price Cut To N1,000 / Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 / Labourer Won A Saloon Car From Dangote (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by Felixv: 1:24am On Mar 19, 2019
erico2k2:

Are you serious about Hybrid cars?I take it you have not seen the BMW,Audi,Merc and Range rover hybrids hence you are talking like this.
The Tesla is getting cheaper, way cheaper, we even have Nissan Leaf which is very cheap

You are right -there are more models to choose from and the volumes are increasing --but, not to the extend of threatening the dominance of petrol cars, especially in the US which has a very robust motor market.

https://qz.com/1029464/what-percent-of-us-car-sales-are-hybrids/

We know china is pushing hard and it would be interesting to see how that plays out ,at the moment it is still only 4% of the total market.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_car_use_by_country

But,what about the haulage industry,the manufacturing industries --these guys still need oil and it is evident in the amount of oil china is consuming daily (no wonder it is the largest importer of crude oil).
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by dante0147: 2:12am On Mar 19, 2019
charliboy654:

U really don't know anything, I have worked in warri refinery, we have reservoir supplying kaduna from warri not to talk of Lagos, also ship will be use to transfer crude from warri to Lagos. I heard dangote bought some part of warri port not too sure yet.

I know about all that besides that is now what we are talking about... We were discussing about Lagos not being able to Supply the needed Crude oil to Dangote refiniery I just spoke to a petroleum engineer about this and he gave me a positive response to my own point of view... try and make research on yours about Lagos Oil Wells!
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by femiproperties: 7:54am On Mar 19, 2019
Great man! how are you Sir?
category:

Femi the tall man, i sight you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by AlwaysUltraPad: 8:14am On Mar 19, 2019
OkunrinOloro:
In the long term a collosal waste of money.

China, India and Germany have already announced that by the year 2030 which is just 11 years away, they would have fully done away with the use of cars which run on fossil fuels.

Indeed, Sheikh Zaki Yamani, a former Saudi oil minister, once said, “The stone age came to an end not for a lack of stones, and the oil age will end, but not for a lack of oil.”

But Nigerians have never been known for long term strategic thinking or planning.

You guys will suffer the consequences of poor leadership very soon.
In your own understanding, the only thing a refinery does is oil refining. People like you can't post this trash on Twitter without getting bashed.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by OkunrinOloro: 8:24am On Mar 19, 2019
The primary function of a refinery and the purpose for which it is established is to refine oil. Any other activity is ancillary or incidental to that main purpose.
And no, my dear dimwit, I actually debated this issue on twitter with Omojuwa and a few other young Nigerians who are noticeably brighter than you.

AlwaysUltraPad:
In your own understanding, the only thing a refinery does is oil refining. People like you can't post this trash on Twitter without getting bashed.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by AlwaysUltraPad: 8:29am On Mar 19, 2019
OkunrinOloro:

The primary function of a refinery and the purpose for which it is established is to refine oil. Any other activity is ancillary or incidental to that main purpose.
And no, my dear dimwit, I actually debated this issue on twitter with Omojuwa and a few other young Nigerians who are noticeably brighter than you.

provide a link to that debate, you scumbag.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by philoedu(m): 10:12am On Mar 19, 2019
Every day, we are beginning to see how much we have done wrong, in terms of leadership, economic and political etc. But as an Afro-optimist, I still believe we have a choice make, and it now or never, and it simply means we must be open for a drastic change, of both approach and method of applications in what we do, are doing and got to do. Except that of cause, in spite of the evidence of this deficiency in the system, a bunch of us, still think it is normal and nothing has gone wrong. Just like the scriptural saying the more we see, listen and talk, the more we are not seeing or saying nothing. What has really gone wrong with the Nigeria environment then, becomes the very question. May God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by GEEBITE: 11:22am On Mar 19, 2019
One does not need the gift of clairvoyance to know there is no future in fossil fuel.Your biggest customers will not need it anymore so tell me the need to keep investing in its value chain.You are talking of alternative uses that cant fetch any reasonable fx to keep the country running. Well typical of africans,that future unprepared for even if it is 150 years will hit you within a twinkling of an eyes and you will be thoroughly exposed.
Asour:

Fossil oil has no future? I don't know what future means 10/20 years? I doubt it. 30/50 years? maybe.

I am not at all an expert but what's the proportion of EVs to total Cars in the world over the last 10 years? How many people currently own just EVs? how viable is the most cost effective long-range EVs over it's life cycle?

Is the Issue of range anxiety still prevalent among EVs?

In gas for instance what's the gas use penetration rate in Nigeria? How is the Huge demand for energy/power from EVs use going to be filled sustainably (greenly)?

Are there other potentially useful applications for fossil fuel derivatives not currently obvious ?

When the cost of fossil fuel drops, without government interventions/taxes, would it become more cost effective to to generate Power from fossil fuels?

Again I don't know the answer(s) to these but I have the feeling these would shape the economic viability of the 'greener' alternatives.
At the end of the day, it looks like economics is usually right.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by Asour: 11:32am On Mar 19, 2019
GEEBITE:
One does not need the gift of clairvoyance to know there is no future in fossil fuel.Your biggest customers will not need it anymore so tell me the need to keep investing in its value chain.You are talking of alternative uses that cant fetch any reasonable fx to keep the country running. Well typical of africans,that future unprepared for even if it is 150 years will hit you within a twinkling of an eyes and you will be thoroughly exposed.

Ok. But You didn't answer the questions of CURRENT technical limitations and financial viability of Electrical Vehicles.

e.g. Can ANY family in ANY part of Africa(Perharps the world) today currently survive totally/exclusively on EVs yet? Can the average family afford the same?

Depending on how volatile an industry is, what constitutes your largest customers could change quite easily.
Across the world, the emergence of e-commerce was supposed to decimate the Postal services industry, Today, it appears to be its largest customers.

How many companies in the world do you reckon are up to 150 years in their original forms?

Naturally, a company would have to evolve, oil or no oil.
Are you prescient enough to know that the alternative uses would not be abundant enough? I am not though. I am not against EVs or I am not necessarily in support of Big oil I am just saying that if 'green' alternatives present themselves as technically superior and financially viable alternatives, people would rush to them. they don't have to give oil a bad name in other to sell themselves.
Sell on the value of you not only on the demerit of another. that's more sustainable.

Over the last 12 years gas companies have sold themselves as better alternatives to firewood & kerosine to women(more like a more upwardly mobile lifestyle alternative). The penetration of cooking is growing rapidly BUT are there women who still use kero? Of course. Is it cheaper? Definitely (as at today). when gas becomes cheaper to use you don't have to tell those women to change.

Again selling on one's own merit is a more effective/sustainable strategy more often than not. Let customers/markets be the judge.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by JOMAX: 12:32pm On Mar 19, 2019
chemgee:

https://www.nairaland.com/4500631/why-dangote-closed-tomato-factory

Hmmnnnn.... what a waste. Nigerian ministers and their mouth claims.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by Rochasstatue(f): 3:52pm On Mar 19, 2019
OkunrinOloro:

China, India and Germany have already announced that by the year 2030 which is just 11 years away, they would have fully done away with the use of cars which run on fossil fuels.

Indeed, Sheikh Zaki Yamani, a former Saudi oil minister, once said, “The stone age came to an end not for a lack of stones, and the oil age will end, but not for a lack of oil.”

But Nigerians have never been known for long term strategic thinking or planning.

The most dangerous people on earth are writers like you who at the prick of a hunch suddenly become intelligent and more proactive than a man spending $16b to build a refinery with a capacity to refine 650,000 b\p\d.

Your entire submission was hogwash, misleading, incorrect and incredulously scurrilous in not only content but in it's construction.

Your attempt to be sanctimonious is laughable so much so that you are not only ignorant but also immersed in hubris.

Attempting to diminish a $16b investment coming on stream next year by a sumptuous sleigh of hand is satanic, wicked and without trying to tarnish you very stupid.

Let me remind you that the refinery isn't meant for Europe.

It is meant for the Nigerian market that consumes about 400k b\p\d with the excess 250k b\p\d meant for the West African market.

Whether Europe starts using electric cars even in 2020 doesn't disturb Aliko.

The world is moving to 5G while you can spread rubbish with your 2G phone.

Malu ife nwa nne.
Ofeke amaro mgbe ekee nku ukwa.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by loomer: 11:56pm On Mar 19, 2019
OkunrinOloro:

Na so them dey talk, the electricity wey them intend to take charge cars no be from gas them go get am?

Or heating wey them go use for winter nko?
O
Abi na the gas wey them dey use cook.

Or na electricity nai planes boats go dey use?
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by OkunrinOloro: 11:57pm On Mar 19, 2019
Normally, I wouldn’t debase myself by descending into the gutter to parlay with a sewer rat, but today’s your lucky day because I’ve decided to make an exception in you! I promise I’ll disinfect myself properly after this.

Now, the basic theme of your moronic rant seems to be that it won’t matter if the developed world weans itself off petroleum because the refinery will still service the needs of Nigerians.

The question is, where do the cars that Nigerians drive come from? They are manufactured in the very same countries that are going to be going clean in 10 to 20 years time. France, Japan, Germany, the United States, South Korea etc.

So who’s going to make your cars? Innoson?

So you are really dim-witted enough to think that these countries will keep manufacturing gas guzzlers to augment your country’s lack of vision and strategic planning? What brand of crack cocaine are you on? Did you buy it off the street? Because it is diminishing the already limited brain capacity which you were born with.

Do mankind a favour and please don’t have any children.

Let the curse of your stupidity end with you.

In the brave new world of the future there will be no place for the kind of junk genetics which accidentally led to your unfortunate conception.

I strongly advice either chemical or physical sterilisation for you.

Do this and you’ll deserve the Nobel Prize for peace.

I’m off to take a bath with a bottle of concentrated IZAL and Dettol and I don’t ever want to smell your skunk body odour on any of my NL mentions ever again.

Rochasstatue:

The most dangerous people on earth are writers like you who at the prick of a hunch suddenly become intelligent and more proactive than a man spending $16b to build a refinery with a capacity to refine 650,000 b\p\d.

Your entire submission was hogwash, misleading, incorrect and incredulously scurrilous in not only content but in it's construction.

Your attempt to be sanctimonious is laughable so much so that you are not only ignorant but also immersed in hubris.

Attempting to diminish a $16b investment coming on stream next year by a sumptuous sleigh of hand is satanic, wicked and without trying to tarnish you very stupid.

Let me remind you that the refinery isn't meant for Europe.

It is meant for the Nigerian market that consumes about 400k b\p\d with the excess 250k b\p\d meant for the West African market.

Whether Europe starts using electric cars even in 2020 doesn't disturb Aliko.

The world is moving to 5G while you can spread rubbish with your 2G phone.

Malu ife nwa nne.
Ofeke amaro mgbe ekee nku ukwa.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by GEEBITE: 6:15am On Mar 20, 2019
Stop writing thesis cos of this post.How many countries in Africa are buying your fuel.Ghana still have backlog of arrears to settle us for gas shipments to them.By the way how many cars and industries are in subsaharan Africa to sustain . our income from fossil fuel at this present level
Asour:

Ok. But You didn't answer the questions of CURRENT technical limitations and financial viability of Electrical Vehicles.

e.g. Can ANY family in ANY part of Africa(Perharps the world) today currently survive totally/exclusively on EVs yet? Can the average family afford the same?

Depending on how volatile an industry is, what constitutes your largest customers could change quite easily.
Across the world, the emergence of e-commerce was supposed to decimate the Postal services industry, Today, it appears to be its largest customers.

How many companies in the world do you reckon are up to 150 years in their original forms?

Natural a company would have to evolve oil or no oil.
Are you prescient enough to know that the alternative uses would not be abundant enough? I am not though. I am not against EVs or I am not necessarily in support of Big oil I am just saying that if 'green' alternatives present themselves as technically superior and financially viable alternatives, people would rush to them. they don't have to give oil a bad name in other to sell themselves.
Sell on the value of you not only on the demerit of another. that's more sustainable.

Over the last 12 years gas companies have sold themselves as better alternatives to firewood & kerosine to women(more like a more upwardly mobile lifestyle alternative). The penetration of cooking is growing rapidly BUT are there women who still use kero? Of course. Is it cheaper? Definitely (as at today). when gas becomes cheaper to use you don't have to tell those women to change.

Again selling on one's own merit is a more effective/sustainable strategy more often than not. Let customers/markets be the judge.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by Rochasstatue(f): 7:43am On Mar 20, 2019
OkunrinOloro:
Normally, I wouldn’t debase myself by descending into the gutter to parlay with a sewer rat, but today’s your lucky day because I’ve decided to make an exception in you! I promise I’ll disinfect myself properly after this.

Now, the basic theme of your moronic rant seems to be that it won’t matter if the developed world weans itself off petroleum because the refinery will still service the needs of Nigerians.

The question is, where do the cars that Nigerians drive come from? They are manufactured in the very same countries that are going to be going clean in 10 to 20 years time. France, Japan, Germany, the United States, South Korea etc.

So who’s going to make your cars? Innoson?

So you are really dim-witted enough to think that these countries will keep manufacturing gas guzzlers to augment your country’s lack of vision and strategic planning? What brand of crack cocaine are you on? Did you buy it off the street? Because it is diminishing the already limited brain capacity which you were born with.

Do mankind a favour and please don’t have any children.

Let the curse of your stupidity end with you.

In the brave new world of the future there will be no place for the kind of junk genetics which accidentally led to your unfortunate conception.

I strongly advice either chemical or physical sterilisation for you.

Do this and you’ll deserve the Nobel Prize for peace.

I’m off to take a bath with a bottle of concentrated IZAL and Dettol and I don’t ever want to smell your skunk body odour on any of my NL mentions everybody again.

No matter how long and frenzied you write, you can not impeach the fact that you are natural idiot.

I won't be offended by your whinning.

My rebuttal of your original write up is clear and precise.

You know the oil industry, you have the sense, but you don't have $16 billion dollars to support your wisdom.

Suffice it to advance the likelihood that you are simply a deranged, unstable and a freaking retard that wandered into nairaland.

If your lie is punctured, simply lie low and reform yourself.

Or kindly leave nairaland because you belong to yabaleft.

Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by chemgee: 10:58am On Mar 20, 2019
erico2k2:

Are you serious about Hybrid cars?I take it you have not seen the BMW,Audi,Merc and Range rover hybrids hence you are talking like this.
The Tesla is getting cheaper, way cheaper, we even have Nissan Leaf which is very cheap
q
"By 2040, electric vehicles could displace much as 6.4 million barrels a day of demand, while fuel efficiency improvements will erase another 7.5 million barrels a day, according to BloombergNEF’s May 2018 long-term EV outlook
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by chemgee: 11:00am On Mar 20, 2019
Felixv:

You are right -there are more models to choose from and the volumes are increasing --but, not to the extend of threatening the dominance of petrol cars, especially in the US which has a very robust motor market.

https://qz.com/1029464/what-percent-of-us-car-sales-are-hybrids/

We know china is pushing hard and it would be interesting to see how that plays out ,at the moment it is still only 4% of the total market.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_car_use_by_country

But,what about the haulage industry,the manufacturing industries --these guys still need oil and it is evident in the amount of oil china is consuming daily (no wonder it is the largest importer of crude oil).

"By 2040, electric vehicles could displace much as 6.4 million barrels a day of demand, while fuel efficiency improvements will erase another 7.5 million barrels a day, according to BloombergNEF’s May 2018 long-term EV outlook

expect this trend to accelerate: bloomberg.com/news/articles/…
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by OkunrinOloro: 11:28am On Mar 20, 2019
Ihe ehi hụrụ gbalaba oso ka okuku huru na-atụ onu

[quote author=Rochasstatue post=76814759][/quote]
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by erico2k2(m): 11:46am On Mar 20, 2019
chemgee:

q
have you thought of what the source of electricity might be? the biggest Power generating plant in China are Dams.the uk it is Nuclear and Coal. Rusia and the rest of Europe it is GAS.
Re: Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) by Felixv: 7:22pm On Mar 20, 2019
chemgee:

expect this trend to accelerate: bloomberg.com/news/articles/…

6.4M barrels a day by 2040 is a drop in the ocean (In 2018, it is expected to increase to approximately 99 million barrels per day) -think about what the demand would be like in 2040 -with increased industrialization,increase in population growth etc.

I would not bank on electric cars there are just too many vested interests for it to take over the world.

But to your point -there would certainly be a huge demand for electric cars -but they need to be affordable and also powerful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Pencil Factory's Ready, Pics Of The Factory & Pencils Produced / We Are Investigating MMM Ponzi Scheme — EFCC / Ladipo Market Finally Demolished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.